wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by wavemode »

Eddie your vote does not matter to me because you're simply wrong and that was proven yesterday. You had a wave/thor/mulch theory and that was shown to be wrong but you're still dead-set on believing you had it partially right so you're just running down the rest of that list. You have no real case except by association. I'm struggling to see anything scummy in those posts you referenced, just certain things you consider to be bad town play, or associative reads with thor. Only thing is maybe being sure that flavor was a mislynch, but I mean, I say things like that just generally. I've seen enough day 1 mislynches to know one when I see one... the day I'm wrong is the day I'll stop saying that.

You're also giving me a migraine, sorry to say, and I'm not getting in some 10 page debate with you just so you can turn around and say I'm scummy for being defensive. You make a big stink about everything and you talk like you know everything and everyone is an idiot and nobody is allowed to disagree with your scumreads or else they're scum. It would be fine if we were getting results but here you are tunneling on 3 people and simply wrong on 2 of them, and also probably the third, and just leading the town off a cliff at this point. I'm truly just not super interested in the opinions or comments of you or rb anymore so either kill me or leave me alone.
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by wavemode »

I'll post some reads tomorrow.
retired...?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

that was a lot of worda to say eddie is wrong and ur case makes no sense
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by wavemode »

What case
retired...?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1594, Eddie Cane wrote:also rb ur gonna have to tell me why u aren't looking at scum Mario

rn I'm looking at wave/thor/frog/Mario for various reasons but thor is too obv scum to live
I disagree about Mario. I think he's town.

Now that Sunlit is dead and flipped town, I want to go back and see why Thor was so dead set on lynching her yesterday.

Spoiler: Thor
So Thor gets suspicious of her because she was suspicious about how fast Flavor's wagon built. (, ). And after that, she's suddenly the person he second-most wants to lynch. (). And then he accuses her of being opportunistic and continues saying he supports the wagon . . . without actually voting her.

And his vote on her is a pressure vote () . . . which he sticks with for the rest of the game.

But despite his SD tunnel, I still think Thor is town.

Like, I come to posts like this:
In post 405, Thor665 wrote:We're starting to flounder around with side vanity projects - I think people should consider voting secondary or tertiary scum reads if it helps consolidate wagons.

I'd much rather get a L-1 and claim now, so we have time to discuss said claim and potentially run up another option, than to wait until five hours before deadline for a derp rush where we end up hammering without a claim.
I know this goes against site meta, but I'm a rebel.
This is ridiculously pro-town. Like, I've been part of too many games where deadline hammers are a thing, and they've tended to be on town because people are in a rush and just lynch anybody cuz they're on a deadline. Like, scum *like* deadline hammers because it forces town to make hasty, bad decisions. Like, I don't see scum going opposite site meta to push this approach towards lynching/claiming.
In post 454, Thor665 wrote:How am I following the wiki other than ARTICLES I MYSELF WROTE - WHICH IS CALLED FOLLOWING YOUR OWN BELIEFS?
And again, I feel like he's getting angry because he feels like eddie/rb don't understand that he feels he's playing his optimal towngame. Like, I feel like he thinks he's obviously town, and he's getting frustrated that people aren't seeing it.

Like, I just went through his ISO to re-examine him after the SD flip, and I just don't see scum!Thor, despite the weird SD thing. I hate the language he uses, and I hate the arguments he's gotten into because they distract from our primary goal of finding scum, but despite all of that, I think he's town.

And if SD died via scum and not a vig kill, I'm also confused af why scum!Thor would ever kill SD here tbh. I don't see why he would kill the person he had tunneled and was trying to mislynch.

I agree with you about wave, but this post kinda became a Thor post, so he'll get his own shortly. (And I guess I can do a Mario one too, but that isn't happening tonight. I'm not even sure I'll manage to finish wave tonight.)

I don't know how I feel about frog atm. Like, he's just kinda around and I have no opinion of him. TB had lurked, and I know that's a thing scum!TB has a tendency to do, but he was apparently moving, so yeah. frog is just null. I want to say that I want more content from him, but we're already at day2 and that slot has had like no content.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

ur =eddie in that pist

sorry bad wording derp
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1715, Eddie Cane wrote: so you are reading me sk because I am not insulting ppl even though I've got in arguments with most of the game. okay.
Funnily enough, you keep calling everyone else idiots and whatnot, but the few people you are meatriding, you either silently or very politely disagree with.
In post 1715, Eddie Cane wrote: why would it not make me mafia? is that because you know I'm not on your team...? if not you sure as he'll are going to explain that weird ass wording
This does not automatically make you Mafia is what I said, don't be ridicilous. :lol:

I have no trouble admitting I am a newbie in forum mafia, but I have played this game a ton face-to-face, and I have read games from this site before playing.
I have seen the type of interactions you are pulling, and they rarely come from town.
When they do, its a town who doesnt know what to do, so they attach to a player who is skilled or atleast very vocal, and mostly stick to sheeping.
But here you are, trying to setup D2 wagons on Thor and wavemode, both of whom you argued with and called idiots D1.
So that would make you insecure, BUT loud and obnoxiously self-confident on your reads..?

I feel like you contradict yourself, not literally with your words, but with more of a "I want to seem like this, but I really am like this".
In post 1715, Eddie Cane wrote: also, I wouldn't pocket rb, it's not something I can do rn. i pocketed him last game we played, if I hadnt got guiltied I was never dying. he is a strong enough player I couldn't pocket him twice. i also fosd him earlier d1...
So uhh...link to that game?
If you have been able to do it previously, there is absolutely no reason to say you couldn't do it again.
I doubt you did it by simply saying "I love you, lets lynch people together, ok?"

What this raises to my mind most, is that rb didn't mention this earlier. He only admitted he had noticed your possible pocketing attempts AFTER I brought them up.
In post 1715, Eddie Cane wrote:...and btw, if I was going to pocket ppl most of this game are easy targets no offense bromegos.
HOW IS THIS TOWN-MINDSET? "If I wanted to pocket someone, there are easier targets than rb, because you all suck, and I'm awesome".
For example, pocketing me/wave/dunker would do you no good because we aren't one the same level of play or "status" as rb/Mario/mulch might be (and half as vocal), so of course you wouldn't pocket us, even if it would be easy for a mastermind like you.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1720, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1716, NotTheRealPaul wrote:i dont get why eddie and rb cant both be town.
that doesn't fit unas narrative
OR I just deem pocketing scummy, and it leads to the point that one of you two is most likely scum.
Either you for doing it, or him for letting it happen "under the surface".
Some people have already expressed here that they haven't seen anything of the sorts, but if rb himself says its possible you were pocketing him, I'm almost 100% sure I am correct with that read.

He and Mario gave me a (deserved) scolding for not being vocal and transparent with my thoughts, so I think he should've spoken about his reads on you earlier too.
If he had, I wouldn't have been so harsh on my own thoughts.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Tbh eddie probably could pocket people if he tried

He isnt though. aka the abrasive attitude.

Like tbh he is a really skilled town player so I wouldnt be surprised if his scum game was really good.

Ur also kinda misrepping him because ur making him sound like a really areogant douche type based off the pocketing comment when he quite clearly isnt trying to come off that way. Their really is nothing wrong with ackknowledging ur able to do something well which is what he is doing.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1723, rb wrote:Tbh I think wavemode is a gr8 lynch and Thor is good

Eddie feels much more town today and less pocket
He has to, because it has been pointed out.
Also, because YOU asked why he lacked continuity and whatnot.

Doesn't it bother you that he townreads you without any reasons for it?
When people ask him to elaborate more on WHY(the most important question IMO), he just refuses to do so.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1834, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Tbh eddie probably could pocket people if he tried

He isnt though. aka the abrasive attitude.
Oh, I'm certain he could.
I'm almost certain he has.
And he has you defending him, which is nice. :]
In post 1834, NotTheRealPaul wrote: Like tbh he is a really skilled town player so I wouldnt be surprised if his scum game was really good.

Ur also kinda misrepping him because ur making him sound like a really areogant douche type based off the pocketing comment when he quite clearly isnt trying to come off that way. Their really is nothing wrong with ackknowledging ur able to do something well which is what he is doing.
I think we misunderstand each other somewhere.

I am NOT disrespecting Eddies play, I think he has been playing very well, considering he is probably scum.
He has been arrogant, you can't make that go away.
Same as how mulch was acting arrogantly.
Whenever someone puts themselves on a pedestal, its arrogant, no matter how good they actually are.
Let someone else sing your praises, because if you can't convince people on your skill in any other way than saying "I am good", you might not be as good as you think you are. :]

TBF, he hasn't been saying as much of "I am good" as he has been saying "you are bad", which I think is even worse, but hey, atleast we can agree that it is NAI.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1835, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 1723, rb wrote:Tbh I think wavemode is a gr8 lynch and Thor is good

Eddie feels much more town today and less pocket
He has to, because it has been pointed out.
Also, because YOU asked why he lacked continuity and whatnot.

Doesn't it bother you that he townreads you without any reasons for it?
When people ask him to elaborate more on WHY(the most important question IMO), he just refuses to do so.
eddie and I have played together as all sorts of alignment combos. we've been town together and played a game each against one another as scum/town so it doesn't really surprise me that eddie would do so - with the possibility of a pocket attempt

so it's not as outrageously weird as it might seem to you, and i'm still entertaining the idea he's pocketing but i'm not going to tinfoil hat and scumread him based on the possibility. i see him being less than cooperative, but not scummy. he can probably adapt his meta to fit what i expect but that's also part of why i didn't say anything D1 about how i suspected the pocket.

whatever the case, eddie isn't my top SR and he's one of the players spurring people towards being active and is making more than a little bit of a splash. if he's town here, i need him alive and productive and i don't have the confidence in my scumread on him to throw that potential away

it's risky but considering how few good townreads i have so far and how i don't expect this playerlist is going to figure out how to obvtown for me any time soon, eddie isn't someone i'm willing to lynch for now
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1749, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1674, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 1661, NotTheRealPaul wrote:wait do u sr eddie for not giving reasons? and if yes do u sr rb?
I think one of them sort of has to be.
I don't know why people would need to buddy up, or be ok with someone buddying up on them if they are both town.

Don't know.
So you think that either one of Rb or EC have to be scum? What happens if Thor is scum? Do you think one of them was hard bussing? Also, what is your thoughts on Thor's Dunker vote?
Huh, this is a most interesting question. I thought there was no possible scenario where Thor gets wagoned -> flips scum ->rb/eddie is scum.

But after reading how that wagon was built, I can see rb or eddie either being confident enough to "hard-buss" their partner.
It could have been testing the waters at first and some easy distancing, but once a wagon gets traction, a good player doesn't pull the brakes, they know it would only implicate them.
Remember that scum can day chat, so I assume coordinating something like that isn't as hard as it would be without.

If Thor is scum, it changes nothing.
In a scenario where one of eddie/rb is scum and the other town, one has a good scumread, and the other is bussing/after towncred.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by rb »

wavemode wrote:I'm truly just not super interested in the opinions or comments of you or rb anymore so either kill me or leave me alone.
Happy to oblige tbh

VOTE: wavemode
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: wavemode
:good:
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Nothing wrong with acknowledging what ur good at IMO. Thats something that doesnt really matter though.

Im defending him because he is town. Gut plus I lI dont see much scum!motivation for what he is doing. Like his flippant attitude with thor when he said "what if im scum intentionally misrepping u" just seems to me something scum!eddie wouldnt say. Like it feels more like town!eddie playing mindgames for a reaction.

Also I kinda hope be is town because he is a really good town player lol. Like ive seen him call the scum team and IMO lead town to victory on a gimmicky acc where he has to play completely unlike normal which is doubly impressive.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1837, rb wrote:
eddie and I have played together as all sorts of alignment combos. we've been town together and played a game each against one another as scum/town so it doesn't really surprise me that eddie would do so - with the possibility of a pocket attempt

so it's not as outrageously weird as it might seem to you, and i'm still entertaining the idea he's pocketing but i'm not going to tinfoil hat and scumread him based on the possibility. i see him being less than cooperative, but not scummy. he can probably adapt his meta to fit what i expect but that's also part of why i didn't say anything D1 about how i suspected the pocket.

whatever the case, eddie isn't my top SR and he's one of the players spurring people towards being active and is making more than a little bit of a splash. if he's town here, i need him alive and productive and i don't have the confidence in my scumread on him to throw that potential away

it's risky but considering how few good townreads i have so far and how i don't expect this playerlist is going to figure out how to obvtown for me any time soon, eddie isn't someone i'm willing to lynch for now
I think one of the things that has been going on in this game is that too many people are getting away with not giving context/reasoning.
Eddie still refuses to do so when it comes to you/himself, but he gladly reasons his suspicions on his tunnel on thor.

And it's as simple as that folks.
rb actually gave me reason and context, so its easier to agree. I will not keep going with the pocketing aspect, and I don't think I can dig dirt on eddies actual posting, so I might as well just townlean him from now on.
UNVOTE: Eddie Cane

And this leaves me with one reasonable direction.
I still cant scumread thor, so I'll go with wavemode and worry about his buddies later.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by rb »

i need to figure something out

everyone please state their read on me if they haven't already:

dunker - town
eddie - town
paul - town
una - town
frog - town
mario - town
flavor leaf - town
thor - ?
skitter - ?
wavemode - ?

As far as I know, it's possible the entire game townreads me. Yes?
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

okay why cant u sr thor?

and why the reversal on eddie? like were u just sheeping rb? im confused af now

pedit: ya i tr u. not super strong but im reasonably sure
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by rb »

hmm, sorry una i didn't realise i was getting so in your way of pushing eddie. it's just i can't see myself voting him for today at least. i'm out and about for the next 24hrs or so but i'm going to try re-evaluate because it's very likely the entire game is townreading me. Someone's full of shit.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by rb »

Skitter/thor - read on me.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

dunkerdoodles is actual scum btw
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

wait why is it bad the entire towns tring u? why would we sr u?

like i can only think of u being wring as a reason. and thats just dumb cuz town is wrong too.

like ur playstyle is so ballsy that i cant imagine (and im sure others) cant imagine u being scum as scum tend to lay low and not draw to attention to urself.

mm4 what? explain now. I think he is just a VI (no offense dunkers)
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

fuxk grammar

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”