Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 am

Post by farside22 »

The Fonz wrote:
Nominate: Greasy Spot

Award: funniest claim

For this doozy:
Here's the deal. I will role claim. I am a Townie. This could help the town if you let it. The mafia now knows I am a townie and will be a target for a night kill if I am not lynched. I am telling you this so as a town you can use this lynch vote to vote a mafia member out. If it doesn't work and the town is not happy, you may vote me out in Day 2 and I won't try to stop you.
From Open 61, which was a mountainous game.
I second this nom.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Killah Nine
Killah Nine
chocolit townee
Killah Nine
chocolit townee
chocolit townee

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Killah Nine »

farside22 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Nominate: Greasy Spot

Award: funniest claim

For this doozy:
Here's the deal. I will role claim. I am a Townie. This could help the town if you let it. The mafia now knows I am a townie and will be a target for a night kill if I am not lynched. I am telling you this so as a town you can use this lynch vote to vote a mafia member out. If it doesn't work and the town is not happy, you may vote me out in Day 2 and I won't try to stop you.
From Open 61, which was a mountainous game.
I second this nom.
ah gotta third dis nom. dat wuz sum funneh shit yo. dis hole game iz full of win yo
[i]The fact that we hear people in real life speak like k9 is what helps us understand him.[/i] - natirasha
[i]I understand killah nine and got no problem with him.[/i] - pokerface
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hjallti wrote:
Scigatt wrote:Nominate: Y

Award: Best Performance

Game: Newbie #546
seconded
Thirding.

A said i would support something like this. A Mafioso survives/beats the classic E7 mass claim to victoryplan. And he does it 'without' being able to use his blocking. A sneaky way to get things done.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also i think we should keep this award around
Person most likely to die night 1 - "Kenny Award"

Mastermind of Sin recently joined 6 newbie games and died night1 in all of them. He has been targeted and killed in a bunch more before them.

In Doctor Who Mafia 2 he had a bullseye on his chest night zero because he was targeted by a Jailkeeper, The Mafia kill, The SK's secondary non-kill skill, and a joat's investigation. Ergo also said MoS was his second choice for his double vote skill on night0.

Assuming MoS is sticking around awhile longer and if we were to give the award to someone else after Fritz, MoS would deserve it.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Thok »

Fourth Greasy Spot for Funniest Claim

I'm actually against Y for best performance, on the general "IC scum shouldn't get awards for winning newbie games" theory.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Yaw »

While I like the Kenny Award, it really only applies to games where a Night 1 precedes the first day. It's an award for those players who are considered to be so good that the scum tries to eliminate them before they get to even post. That makes Newbie games ineligible for consideration of Kenny Awards.
Success breeds suspicion
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 am

Post by pickemgenius »

I fail to see how Greasy Spot's claim is even a little funny.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Incognito »

pickemgenius wrote:I fail to see how Greasy Spot's claim is even a little funny.
It was a mountainous game.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:24 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Incognito wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:I fail to see how Greasy Spot's claim is even a little funny.
i know, doesn't make it funny.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yaw wrote:While I like the Kenny Award, it really only applies to games where a Night 1 precedes the first day. It's an award for those players who are considered to be so good that the scum tries to eliminate them before they get to even post. That makes Newbie games ineligible for consideration of Kenny Awards.
Plus, if newbie games counted, I'd be a shoe-in, considering I've been killed N1 for like 6 games in a row...>_>
Permanent V/LA.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

pickemgenius wrote:
Incognito wrote:
It's funny because it was so stupid of him to say it. Sorry but I really was hard on him after that claim because it was rediculous.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I read that game and thought it was funny. It wasn't meant to be funny, and there's a strange way of looking at it that it makes sense. Basically if he claims townie,
and gets the town to believe him
, then yeah, the mafia will have to kill him.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

But its just such a ridiculous thing to claim in a mountainous game. It was funny because it was so ridiculous.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

OhGodMyLife wrote:But its just such a ridiculous thing to claim in a mountainous game. It was funny because it was so ridiculous.
Wouldn't claiming a power role in a mountainous game be ridiculous?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

farside22 wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
Incognito wrote:
It's funny because it was so stupid of him to say it. Sorry but I really was hard on him after that claim because it was rediculous.
OhGodMyLife wrote:But its just such a ridiculous thing to claim in a mountainous game. It was funny because it was so ridiculous.
Townie claim in a mountainous is crazy? Do you find it hilarious everytime someone claims townie? Because townies are in every game, and like claiming one in a mountainous is about the same as claiming one in an other ordinary game.

You should've seen his claim in a currently ongoing game in which i am in that he is dead in.

This guy is a general newb. There is nothing funny about his claim even a little bit.
shaft.ed wrote:
Wouldn't claiming a power role in a mountainous game be ridiculous?
WINNAR!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Yaw wrote:While I like the Kenny Award, it really only applies to games where a Night 1 precedes the first day. It's an award for those players who are considered to be so good that the scum tries to eliminate them before they get to even post. That makes Newbie games ineligible for consideration of Kenny Awards.
Plus, if newbie games counted, I'd be a shoe-in, considering I've been killed N1 for like 6 games in a row...>_>
Hmm, I should read the thread more thoroughly...I totally didn't realize I was the one being nommed for the Kenny Award to begin with... >_>

And, to be fair, Yaw, I was a townie in all those newbie games. Freakin IC scum keep bumping me off... >_>
Permanent V/LA.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by cicero »

Nominate: Curiouskarmadog

Award: best performance, Singular, Townie

Game: Mafia 69: No XKill

Read CKD's Wiki entry. Then Talk to Dead Rikimaru then read the game. Totally deserved.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

cicero wrote:

Read CKD's Wiki entry. Then Talk to Dead Rikimaru then read the game. Totally deserved.
second
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

cicero wrote:

i'll third that while glaring bitterly at CKD.

I still cant figure out how i was the first mafia lynched.

*angry fist*
Late twenties, early Thursdays
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by gorckat »

Nominate: Crub

Award: Best performance, singular, Mafia

Game: Mini 534-Veggie Mafia

I hope its a strong enough performance.

It was a scum win helped along by two townie self-hammers. Night two the cop (Oman) checked him out, but Crub insisted he was the kill, and he did a great job (imho, at least!) of getting to the end with a well timed bus assist on me and closing the game out.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Dont know if this qualifies but...

nominate Skruffs
for most enjoyable game or best mod for Mafia 71: Corsican Syndacite, http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6490

The game started with good promise then got severely hampered by the SA'ers and then the Mod disappeared due to real life problems making this game look deceased. Skruffs came along ressurected it and it became probably the most enjoyable game of mafia Ive ever played.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:40 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

maybe that is because you won?

that was probably one of the worst games I have played. Between the SArs and Theo (first Mod) disappearing, it was a sad game. I appreciate that Skruffs filled in and he did a good job (even with the many many modkills for inactivity), but I dont think he should get a Nomination for it, since he didnt create the game, he just maintained it.

Besides, Skruffs just started a game of his own creation, maybe that will deserve a nom. I think he would rather get nominated for something he created not something he found beaten and ragged on the side of the road and took it home.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Porochaz »

me winning it had nothing to do with it, it would still have been an enjoyable game if JDodge killed me when he initially wanted to... The first half of the game, Ill agree with you... and I was all ready to give the game up, however you cant deny Skruffs did a good job of taking it from the brink of death and making it a decent game. He (and the players who remained) worked hard to make the game what it was in the end and I think Skruffs deserves recognition for that, if his next game is super awesome then he should get a nomination for that too.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

There's no limitation on the number of nominations, guys, so long as someone finds the game/performance/player worth seconding. It makes the Judges' job a little harder, but I don't think it'll ever make it less likely that the best candidate will win.

Soon I'll get a list of nommed+seconded candidates into that second post... right after I get Newbie Queue up-to-date, and Replacement Queue, and Scummie images, and... :roll:
Retired as of October 2014.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Porochaz wrote:me winning it had nothing to do with it, it would still have been an enjoyable game if JDodge killed me when he initially wanted to... The first half of the game, Ill agree with you... and I was all ready to give the game up, however you cant deny Skruffs did a good job of taking it from the brink of death and making it a decent game. He (and the players who remained) worked hard to make the game what it was in the end and I think Skruffs deserves recognition for that, if his next game is super awesome then he should get a nomination for that too.
I agree with you, Skruffs did a good job and again, I am thankful he helped out.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”