Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Robbnva »

The reasons for my vote came in the post right before my vote. Somebody who's reading the game in context could see that. Also if somebody wants to know why I'm doing something they can ask me.

The setup stuff is weak. I'm just giving my opinion on something that somebody else mentions.

I never told anyone they weren't good (not yet anyway. That will happen eventually) and I'm having conversations with people. Not every post needs to be about the game and trust me you want me calm and happy. You won't like me when I'm angry.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Jordarrian
Jordarrian
Goon
Jordarrian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Jordarrian »

In post 75, Robbnva wrote:neither of those things are good reasons to scum read somebody. I don't think he was serious about the wagoning somebody. Sheep voting certainly isn't scummy and it definitely isn't alignment indicative.
Ironically the exact opposite of your logic was used on you.

Honestly I just can't see how sheep voting is completely NAI.
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by necro »

In post 75, Robbnva wrote:neither of those things are good reasons to scum read somebody. I don't think he was serious about the wagoning somebody. Sheep voting certainly isn't scummy and it definitely isn't alignment indicative.
Are you referring to this?

This is a post where you're telling someone that their reasons for scum reading someone aren't good reasons. That's not explaining your reasons for scum reading Jordarrian, that's saying that Jordarrian has bad reasons. Those are two different things.

Also just as an aside. There's also two people who posted between Jordarrian's post and your one, and you didn't quote Jordarrian. That makes it very messy to have to decipher who you're referring to, if people have to go back a page and figure out which of the three people's posts you're responding to. For the sake of clarity, please try to quote the person you're responding to so that we can avoid ambiguity.

I'm also not much of a fan of the, 'don't make me angry' stuff. Just empty threats really and I don't see how such statements are supposed to help the town be cooperative.
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Sofiel »

@Robb - is someone questioning your vote really something that should make you angry? Am I missing something here?

also @Fykus, the sheep vote reasoning is fair, but since we're probably out of RVS are you starting to build cases up like you said you do in post #91? Any inclinations yet?
lovelife
lovelife
Goon
lovelife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by lovelife »

Generally I am suspicious of people who seem overly comfortable like Robb and Fykus, however, I think that's just how Fykus plays TBH. Don't know about Robb. I would like to see some real discussion from him about his vote.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 151, Jordarrian wrote:
Ironically the exact opposite of your logic was used on you.

Honestly I just can't see how sheep voting is completely NAI.
I don't really care about diving into mafia theory right now but I can think of 4 examples of when it's not AI. I feel like you should know at least 2/3 of them and you acting like you don't just supports my thinking you could be scum.
lovelife
lovelife
Goon
lovelife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by lovelife »

In post 137, Fykus wrote:So LL whats your mafia experience
Just the last game we played together, now this one. That's it.
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 154, lovelife wrote:Generally I am suspicious of people who seem overly comfortable like Robb and Fykus, however, I think that's just how Fykus plays TBH. Don't know about Robb. I would like to see some real discussion from him about his vote.
This is exactly how Rob plays.

He always seems to get a lot of heat for it on D1. But that's how he likes it.

He's a classic counter puncher.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 152, necro wrote:
Are you referring to this?

This is a post where you're telling someone that their reasons for scum reading someone aren't good reasons. That's not explaining your reasons for scum reading Jordarrian, that's saying that Jordarrian has bad reasons. Those are two different things.

Also just as an aside. There's also two people who posted between Jordarrian's post and your one, and you didn't quote Jordarrian. That makes it very messy to have to decipher who you're referring to, if people have to go back a page and figure out which of the three people's posts you're responding to. For the sake of clarity, please try to quote the person you're responding to so that we can avoid ambiguity.

I'm also not much of a fan of the, 'don't make me angry' stuff. Just empty threats really and I don't see how such statements are supposed to help the town be cooperative.
Yes he had bad reasons, and that was scummy to me so i voted him.

If you have trouble following my train of thought, just ask. I'm playing on a mobile and I'm not always going to take time to read posts that are made when typing.
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Sofiel »

Yeah, I'm curious about the two of them at the moment too. But if you're wary about the comfortable ones, LL, couldn't you argue that counts you as well?

Really wondering about the quiet ones as well, but that could just be because of timezones so I'm willing to give people like Ignition and Hopkirk the benefit of the doubt for the first few pages.
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Sofiel »

In post 154, lovelife wrote:Generally I am suspicious of people who seem overly comfortable like Robb and Fykus, however, I think that's just how Fykus plays TBH. Don't know about Robb. I would like to see some real discussion from him about his vote.
My first sentence in my last post is referring to this post by LL btw. Forgot to quote
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 153, Sofiel wrote:@Robb - is someone questioning your vote really something that should make you angry? Am I missing something here?
The questioning my vote isn't the issue. He's criticizing me making posts that he deems useless. I was having a conversation with others, one was about the game and the other was about how other sites we play are different. Trying to use that against me will make me angry.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Robbnva »

Why is it suspicious to you?
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Sofiel »

In post 161, Robbnva wrote:
In post 153, Sofiel wrote:@Robb - is someone questioning your vote really something that should make you angry? Am I missing something here?
The questioning my vote isn't the issue. He's criticizing me making posts that he deems useless. I was having a conversation with others, one was about the game and the other was about how other sites we play are different. Trying to use that against me will make me angry.
Alright thanks for clearing that up, was wondering about that lmao
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 157, Havo wrote:He's a classic counter puncher.
lol. I think my sig describes me to a tee
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by necro »

It seems rather confusing to have someone simultaneously say, "don't make me angry" when I ask them questions, and then follow-up with, "if you have questions about my play, just ask".
lovelife
lovelife
Goon
lovelife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by lovelife »

In post 162, Robbnva wrote:
It makes me think they know who's a threat and who isn't, unlike a real townsperson who has no idea who's going to stab them in the back.
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by necro »

In post 164, Robbnva wrote:
I don't know you or that person but it kind of looks like they were more insulting you than anything.

Regarding the other comments: that's not a criticism, it's stating what you're doing. There were other posts to respond to, but the ones you were responding to were just setup speculation rather than things that are sorting the game. In conjunction with the fact that your scumread on Jordarrian seems to be just based on you disagreeing with
their
scumread rather than you explicitly scumreading Jordarrian, yes I think your play so far is pretty shaky.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 165, necro wrote:It seems rather confusing to have someone simultaneously say, "don't make me angry" when I ask them questions, and then follow-up with, "if you have questions about my play, just ask".
I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I don't have an issue with somebody asking me to explain myself. But to imply im scummy for having conversations with others will make me angry.

Like the setup thing. Somebody mentioned masons. I honestly don't think we have masons in this setup so I spoke out.

Talking about other sites is just "shooting the shit" killing time. It's not always going to be like that.

I did have an issue with you saying I was calling people bad. I don't think I've done that yet. I don't handle false accusations very well.
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by necro »

Why does it make you angry for people to imply you're scummy for having conversations that they think just look like scum busy work and not town trying to solve the game?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 166, lovelife wrote:
In post 162, Robbnva wrote:
It makes me think they know who's a threat and who isn't, unlike a real townsperson who has no idea who's going to stab them in the back.
Fair. My only response is that it's early. I'm trying really hard to control my anger so I'm letting the game progress naturally. I tend to dominate the post count and the discussion and I'm trying to not do that as much.
In post 167, necro wrote:don't know you or that person but it kind of looks like they were more insulting you than anything.
Well yes he was being insulting cause he and I don't get along. We don't get along cause that's literally how I play.

Most of my games my top scum reads are people who scum read me. Mainly cause the arguments against me are usually BS and I can't see town using such bad reasoning.
In post 169, necro wrote:Why does it make you angry for people to imply you're scummy
Cause I'm don't ever consider myself scummy. I play as genuine as possible and if somebody thinks that's scummy they are either a poor player or scum.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 156, lovelife wrote:
In post 137, Fykus wrote:So LL whats your mafia experience
Just the last game we played together, now this one. That's it.
Damn thats rough rolling mafia on your second game
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Havo »

In post 167, necro wrote:
In post 164, Robbnva wrote:
I don't know you or that person but it kind of looks like they were more insulting you than anything.

Regarding the other comments: that's not a criticism, it's stating what you're doing. There were other posts to respond to, but the ones you were responding to were just setup speculation rather than things that are sorting the game. In conjunction with the fact that your scumread on Jordarrian seems to be just based on you disagreeing with
their
scumread rather than you explicitly scumreading Jordarrian, yes I think your play so far is pretty shaky.
Just for the record - It was not an insult. Rob and I go way back. He has his own style of playing and he can be wicked good at times. If he's town he's definitely an asset. So i never rush to lynch him. But when he is scum he needs to die like every other scum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 169, necro wrote:not town trying to solve the game?
Just cause people are not making every post about the game doesn't mean they are not trying to solve the game.

Part of the game is pushing on people, but it's also observing others.
necro
necro
Goon
necro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by necro »

In post 170, Robbnva wrote:
In post 167, necro wrote:don't know you or that person but it kind of looks like they were more insulting you than anything.
Well yes he was being insulting cause he and I don't get along. We don't get along cause that's literally how I play.

Most of my games my top scum reads are people who scum read me. Mainly cause the arguments against me are usually BS and I can't see town using such bad reasoning.
In post 169, necro wrote:Why does it make you angry for people to imply you're scummy
Cause I'm don't ever consider myself scummy. I play as genuine as possible and if somebody thinks that's scummy they are either a poor player or scum.
First quote: so shouldn't you be scumreading right now then? Why aren't you?

Second quote: I see. Town are sometimes righteous but it makes no sense to me why you wouldn't try to cooperate. You haven't really done anything so far to appear all that town, so are you saying I'm a bad player? Or am I scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”