JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 197, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@jae i only played for a but b4 i replaced out. didnt even read entire game/keep up with it so my experience isnt realky much.

i dont like osuka shifting with the tide but it doesnt seem like scum!osuka from before. im townleaning him atm but thats open to change.
Currently my reads are looking something like this:

{hi im Yakko}
{NotTheRealPaul}
{osuka}
{DoctorPepper, Madtatters}
{Ciara24}
{Man With a Plan, Icibalus}

I am hoping that with some more posting from everyone below osuka we can sort things.
I'm not completely without paranoia on osuka, but I do believe him to be more likely town than not to the extent that I wouldn't entertain a day one lynch on him. I figure if he's scum then that will best be seen from D2 looking back on this day phase. I know that I am prone to buddying, I just don't think that's what is going on here. Especially as osuka isn't trying to direct me in any particular way, which is how I find most scum like to use my townread on them if I have the read wrong.
Madtatters I still have paranoia over, especially as she's now going to fall off the grid after I defended her, but she said it was for real life reasons and it's poor form to throw doubt on real life factors - it's better to just assume that regardless of alignment those real life things are not likely to be a lie - so I'm willing to wait and see more from her when she's able to post more again.
I've already talked a bit about my current read on DoctorPepper.
Ciara is a large null spot so I am looking forward to the promised content from that slot!
Man With a Plan and Icibalus are my best guesses for scum right now, and I've gone into that a bit.

My higher confidence reads are the top three tiers. Everything else still has a lot more fluidity to it. Is there any read in particular you'd like to be able to bounce back and forth with thoughts on?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

id love to talk but rl is getting in the way. i dont have time atm to bounce thoughts as i have a meeting for back to school related stuff in a few min.

if i finish summer assignments by tommorrow evening i can probably talk then, but i wont have much time to sit and talk until tommorrow evening at earliesy.

if u dont mind the discussion being a little choppy, i dont mind discussing tho but i sssumed u wanted realtime.

that said i mostly agree with ur readlist. Althought what about yalkko puts him so high on the list? i dont really have much if a read on him rn. I wasnt really a fan of his dp vote tbh.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 1 . 9
  • Man With a Plan
    - 3 ( JaeReed, osuka, NotTheRealPaul )
    L- 2

Madtatters
    ------ 1 ( Icibalus )
    L- 4

Icibalus
    -------- 1 ( DoctorPepper )
    L- 4

osuka
    ----------- 1 ( Madtatters )
    L- 4

Not Voting
    ------ 3 ( Ciara24, Man With A Plan, hi im yakko )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-17 16:47:00)
FOS COUNT 1 . 9
  • NotTheRealPaul
    - 2 ( osuka, NotTheRealPaul )
    Osuka
    ---------- 1 ( DoctorPepper )

Not FoS'ing
    ---- 6 ( hi im yakko, JaeReed, Madtatters, Man With A Plan, Icibalus, Ciara24 )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-17 16:47:00)
Last edited by Alisae on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

M
a
n
W
i
t
h
a
P
l
a
n
h
a
s
b
e
e
n
p
r
o
d
d
e
d

P
l
e
a
s
e
a
n
n
o
u
n
c
e
V
/
L
A
f
o
r
m
o
r
e
t
h
a
n
h
o
u
r
s
i
n
a
c
t
i
v
i
t
y
!

A
n
d
p
u
t
u
p
f
l
a
g
s
T
h
o
s
e
a
r
e
v
e
r
y
h
e
l
p
f
u
l
f
o
r
A
l
i
s
a
e
s
!

T
h
a
n
k
y
o
u
v
e
r
y
m
u
c
h
!
:
]

L
o
v
e
A
l
i
s
a
e
<
GTKAS
| here.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 201, NotTheRealPaul wrote:that said i mostly agree with ur readlist. Althought what about yalkko puts him so high on the list? i dont really have much if a read on him rn. I wasnt really a fan of his dp vote tbh.
He claimed 1-shot bulletproof.
Barring a counterclaim, he is as close to confirmed town as we can get currently. :]
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

*facepalm*

i forgot lmao
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by JaeReed »

lol.

Well I don't particularly need real time interaction from you, more just wanting to sort the rest of the slots and hoping you had thoughts on anything I might have missed. It's just a bit hard without them posting.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 198, JaeReed wrote:
In post 196, hi im Yakko wrote:Does the thing speak for itself here? Were you blinded by their charm of worming their way up your poop hole? The weird thing is you seem to be enjoying it. Maybe I'm being paranoid. I feel like their is something off about you Jae.
I reached out to my townreads to join the wagon I think is most likely to flip scum and they joined me. Basically, we have a townblock.
If anything, as osuka said, him and Paul should be concerned about me buddying them.
It frequently happens that town will mutually townread each other and block together like that. If you have a solid foundation then it helps immensely to narrow down the game via process of elimination. I'm quite a fan of townblocks, though as you're demonstrating, some people can become paranoid of them.
Doctor pepper doesn't make sense as town to me either; this is a seperate issue timeline wise you said someone else was your strongest town read: ntrp. Iirc. then a page ago said doctorpeper was your strongest town read. then you made a huge post backtracking what you said and saying oh wait he isn't my strongest town read.
Oh. I see the confusion here now.
When I said DP was my strongest town read it was in response to Paul asking me in about a response I gave him to a question from earlier in the game, at .
If you'll note, I even specified in the post you're thinking of () that it was earlier in game I held the read, rather than at that point in time. :] I hope that helps.
I'm paranoid about everything, but I know my bias. No clue if that was the right word or phrase to use to explain what I meant.

Hmmmmmmmmm idk maybe. It helps a little :^).

I dont like mwap wagon as I'm not entirely sure of the initial thought process as newb scum. Would it be woah woah lets not vote to lynch day 1? I dont buy it as scum posting. I mean I could expand on it. I prefer icibalus or docotr pepper
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

Ive seen newbscum try to pull off the nolynch D1.

Its kinda like, oh if I say Im against mislynching and since we have no info I dont wanna lynch I'll get townie points if that makes sense.

Sice they dont realize that D1 lynches are really necessary with long cuycles so we get dome info on alignment.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@Jae what do u think if the doctor pepper vote on me?

TBH it actually did kinda make sense and I can see where he is coming from. I kinda townlean him for it.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 208, NotTheRealPaul wrote:Ive seen newbscum try to pull off the nolynch D1.

Its kinda like, oh if I say Im against mislynching and since we have no info I dont wanna lynch I'll get townie points if that makes sense.

Sice they dont realize that D1 lynches are really necessary with long cuycles so we get dome info on alignment.
Pull off? What game?
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Icibalus
Icibalus
Townie
Icibalus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Post by Icibalus »

Sorry for the inactivity, I'll try and be more active.

Anyone's ISO you'd like me to have a look at?
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I don't really buy the fact that an MWAP wagon is forming when he has around 3 posts. His posts give off the vibe of a newb town player. He is cautious, which could come off as scummy because it could be scum acting cautious "oh I don't wanna lynch town", but I doubt it.

Jae is town because he even brought up the idea of outing the conf town. Even as an IC, he wouldn't bring that up as scum. That said, I dislike the idea of a town Bloc.
Yakko is town, I disagree with his read on me, but let's make a counter offer. Let's go Ici today?
I think osuka and ici could be scum but this is too blatant if they are scum together. They mirror each other and I doubt scum would openly do that. I'm okay with either but Ici is prime for me now because he is parroting
I am undecided on NTRP. His call for activity screams fake contribution but you all seem to think he is town.
Tatters is gut town but I want him to start scum hunting

Let's stop focusing on inactive players and lynch based on who is active.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:51 am

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: doctorpepper

Regardless of MWAP's alignment this is probably scum.

Not good enough for this stage of the game.
Madtatters
Madtatters
Townie
Madtatters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:54 am

Post by Madtatters »

I've been reading through the past posts, trying to figure out why people are voting for Mwap. I don't know if it is just that I'm not good at reading people or there's some underlying factor. It seems that in the past 24-36 hours or so, Mwap hasn't offered the slightest bit of reaction that he's already 2 away from being lynched. IDK if it's irl reasons, but if not, I find it a bit weird that he hasn't. Unless I didn't pay enough attention to his postings after you guys voted. Can someone explain why they want him lynched? (My WiFi is still down, using mobile data fn)
Icibalus
Icibalus
Townie
Icibalus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Icibalus »

Alright, I'm going to be frankly honest with you all.

I don't really have the motivation nor the effort to carry on with this game.
I apologise for any inconvenience, but I will not be leaving this site.

I'll be back when I'm more ready to focus on a game.

/Replace out
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 am

Post by Alisae »

S
e
e
k
i
n
g
r
e
p
l
a
c
e
m
e
n
t
f
o
r
I
c
i
b
a
l
u
s
GTKAS
| here.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:52 am

Post by Ciara24 »

Ok here we go:

Reads are very similar to Jae at the moment. Jae and NotTheRealPaul are my top town reads. I don't think osuka is scum purely for the way he was bouncing off NTRP in RVS - they're definitely not scum together, but I would be slightly more paranoid of osuka. LeanTown for now.

I wanna lynch Icibalus today - feel like he was trying to buddy Tatters (potential scum buddy I originally thought, but he did seem annoyed by people voting him and had a very 'why are people voting me when I'm town' reaction).

Icibalus #147 didn't sit right with me at all - he jumped ship as soon as things were turning against Tatters, and the fact that he 'forgot' to answer Jae on why he was townreading Tatters all felt a bit off to me.

doesn't mean much now that he's replacing out.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Ciara24 »

In post 212, DoctorPepper wrote:I don't really buy the fact that an MWAP wagon is forming when he has around 3 posts. His posts give off the vibe of a newb town player. He is cautious, which could come off as scummy because it could be scum acting cautious "oh I don't wanna lynch town", but I doubt it.
I don't really agree, his posts are just odd. There's no real content to them at all. They read to me more like newb scum trying to avoid giving reads by asking questions and making vague statements.
Man With a Plan
Man With a Plan
Townie
Man With a Plan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:52 am

Post by Man With a Plan »

Whoa. I keep forgetting to post. I'll bookmark this thread. This is what happened the last time I signed up years ago. Forgot I had an account.

As far as I can see, we're still in the "getting feels" stage. I think the only way to lynch is if you don't mind grasping at straws. Avoid the bandwagon at all costs.
Ciara24
Ciara24
Goon
Ciara24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:11 am

Post by Ciara24 »

The above post also contains nothing of substance. Vague statements.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 219, Man With a Plan wrote:Whoa. I keep forgetting to post. I'll bookmark this thread. This is what happened the last time I signed up years ago. Forgot I had an account.

As far as I can see, we're still in the "getting feels" stage. I think the only way to lynch is if you don't mind grasping at straws. Avoid the bandwagon at all costs.
A thread is moved to your ego when you post in it. Hmmmmmmm
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:31 am

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@jae it was offsite

he tried to get towncred by starting off by saying he didnt understand the point of voting/lynching at the start of game as town has no info and he wasnt gonna vote/wanted a nolynch

@mod VLA until August 12
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 214, Madtatters wrote:I've been reading through the past posts, trying to figure out why people are voting for Mwap. I don't know if it is just that I'm not good at reading people or there's some underlying factor. It seems that in the past 24-36 hours or so, Mwap hasn't offered the slightest bit of reaction that he's already 2 away from being lynched. IDK if it's irl reasons, but if not, I find it a bit weird that he hasn't. Unless I didn't pay enough attention to his postings after you guys voted. Can someone explain why they want him lynched? (My WiFi is still down, using mobile data fn)
It seems like he is reading but he is avoiding comments on what is actually happening. He is avoiding giving content like reads, or just general thoughts on any of the interactions that have occurred.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by osuka »

okay shameless prodge since i've been absent. very sorry for that, got super caught up in another game

i'm gonna read what i have to read here and i'll post content in a sec

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”