Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Drixx »

*headdesk* -- So much AtE.

@P&T - There hasn't been much to say. Having someone basically compare me to a cult leader and murderer sort of soured things for me. They claimed ignorance but I'm not sure how anyone can possibly be ignorant that "drinking the kool aid" as an idiom for being crazy or brainwashed originated from that mass murder-suicide. The claim that he wasn't referring to that rings hollow, since whatever he was supposedly saying that wasn't comparing me to a cult leader mass murderer was never explained. Perhaps it's just me, but if I made a comment directed at someone and was truly ignorant of the origins of the idiom I had used, and it ended up being something like that, I would go way the hell out of my way to explain
precisely
what I actually meant. I would not make some lame comment and not explain. That's what you do if you did in fact mean to use it that way, are surprised the person you were trying to be subtle in insulting wasn't a complete and utter idiot, and couldn't think of any way to talk your way out of having said it.

So yeah ... game doesn't seem super conducive to enjoyment for me just at the moment.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Drixx I think you're taking the comparison quite literally given the way that interaction panned out and it wasn't even a slight to you from Famethyst

I'm pretty sure most people know the origins of that and I've never heard it actually used as an insult so it looks like that's a miscommunication
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

According to mentalfloss: "The phrase "drink the Kool-Aid" is common in American business and politics. Roughly translated, it means "to blindly follow," and it usually has a negative connotation: iPhone buyers waiting in line for days have "drunk Apple's Kool-Aid," so to speak."

I'll let Urban Dictionary's top definition speak for itself.

As I said in #925: If there really was some harmless other intent behind all of it, then why not simply share what that intent was? Despite your assertion to the contrary, the idiom "drink the kool-aid" or "DON'T drink the kool-aid" are used all the time as insults aimed at various groups or individuals. Just as an extremely common example: Tom Cruise is a well known member of Scientology and is frequently said to have "drunk the kool-aid".

In the absence of an explanation for why it should not be read in the most common usage (by an extreme margin), it seems reasonable to assume the intent was to use it as it is most often used. There has been ample opportunity for an explanation and there has been none.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

What else blindly follow? Sheep

I'm not particularly surprised the idiom was used in mafia lol, similar planes of expression. You taking it as undermining your intelligence is decently confusing given the circumstances

what are your reads atm
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I've overreacted to things before but damn that takes the cake
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Penn and Teller »

@Drixx: Is that why you've not said anything for two days?

Idioms and words and children's nursery rhymes come from all sorts of places. Some of them are horrible.

"Drinking the kool-aid" is indeed usually used to refer to just following along or buying into something without question, and while it is still used to refer to cults it is no longer so narrowly defined, and is frequently used in less sinister contexts. Like here.

The question posed to you, and the thing that seems to have bothered you, was
you know what the national geographic kool aid is right?
In no way, shape or form can I see you being "compared to a cult leader and murderer" in that question. I understand that you might have, or I might have misunderstood what offended you, but I'd suggest maybe we should move on from it because I don't think there was any ill intention.
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 pm

In post 901, Penn and Teller wrote:how do we make ari give contnent?
In post 907, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 894, Zachstralkita wrote:wow zzzz

I'll be honest what we need in here is drunk Aristophanes
<3

I'll work on that tonight :)
Aha. The answer is alcohol.

(but seriously
The level of content from Ari has been not great and makes him hard to read
Please
Please Aristophanes)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

you know what else is the answer? Rope around aris neck
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Drixx »

They (either head) are quite welcome to actually explain what they meant. The prior "totally didn't mean THAT, but not going to say what was actually meant" sort of doesn't feel very genuine.

As far as Aristophanes goes, does anyone have any reason to suggest the rope apart from inactivity? Please do offer it up if so. I have a reason for asking.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I just finished a game where 2 scum were caught lurking so I have no issues with an ari lynch but there is literally no point in keeping dunker around. He's scummy and he's probably worse than ari. Ari is at least a decent player so we can pressure him to provide content day 2 if need be.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

I never understood why people would decide to skip playing when they draw scum. Being the informed minority is amazingly liberating.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 935, Drixx wrote:I never understood why people would decide to skip playing when they draw scum. Being the informed minority is amazingly liberating.
scum is my favorite.
anyways it's probably in our best interest just to lynch me today and maybe activity will pick up after a new day.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 935, Drixx wrote:I never understood why people would decide to skip playing
I've seen both town and scum do this. Why sign up if you aren't going to play?

@dunker - please answer this. Regardless of your alignment I want to know why you have decided to phone it in this game. Not only are you disrespecting the other players but the mod also.
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:55 pm

In post 932, MariaR wrote:you know what else is the answer? Rope around aris neck
@Maria:
In post 886, Famethyst wrote:ari is likely scum but

A: he's more likely to give content without pressure if town
Do you disagree with this?

@Drixx:
Drixx wrote:As far as Aristophanes goes, does anyone have any reason to suggest the rope apart from inactivity? Please do offer it up if so. I have a reason for asking.
No. I can't figure anything out with nothing to work with.

@Robb:
Robbnva wrote:Ari is at least a decent player so we can pressure him to provide content day 2 if need be.
This
is
day 2 - and so far attempts to pressure content have gotten more out of Dunkerdoodles than Ari, so what makes you say this?

@Dunk:
Dunkerdoodles wrote: anyways it's probably in our best interest just to lynch me today and maybe activity will pick up after a new day.
Mate, don't even. You just ignored every question posed to you to say this instead? Answer them, please. If you need me to go through and quote them for you, I can do that.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i am trying to play the game. it's just i got really confused this game and i didn't really understand what was going on. even after rereading i'm still confused. it's not anyone's fault other than mine that i am confused. anyways, i am trying even though it may not look like it, i guess i have a different way of playing then everyone else but i promise i'm trying.
In post 913, Robbnva wrote:
In post 911, Dunkerdoodles wrote:i am trying to find scum. i have scumreads, it's just no one else scumreads you, not a lot of people scumread P&T, so i figured there was no real reason to push them and i would just go along with what the majority want which is me i guess.
there's no real reason for me to be in this game anymore, so may aswell just hammer me now.
another player has asked you to explain your scum read on me. Why have you not responded.

why don't you explain what about my claim you don't like

why didn't you admit your mistake that you made earlier when you claimed I only claimed because I had a guilty result when that wasn't true at all?

you do realize it doesn't matter if other people disagree with you, you can still push on me and convince others to get me lynched. I never stop pushing my scum reads just because people don't agree with me. I try and make them see my point.

Right now people are town reading me because of meta. Meta is a shitty reason to town read somebody. Why not push that and make people give better reasons? why are you afraid to make waves?

You aren't a n00b anymore, so why are you acting like one?
I scum read you because whenever someone scumread you you just ignored it and even blatantly said so. i find this is a common scum tactic where like 1 person will announce a scumread on someone and the person will just respond with like "ur so dumb i can't believe you scumread me" or like "im obv town stop scumreading me" or something like that.

your claim is just so.. weird. like, a compulsive visitor to a dead person is just a weird role imo. ik if it's real it's to mess with trackers/watchers etc but idk it seems weird. it kinda makes sense i guess? if we were to know the other roles im sure it would make more sense.

i thought i did admit it. atleast i thought it was obvious i had misread it.

whenever i push my scumreads i either get pushed massively for them or they're just wrong. i have scumread and i want to push them, it's just that there's no one for me to push with.

i actually don't think meta is a shitty reason to townread someone, i think meta is totally valid and is actually one of th reasons i'm hesitant on my scumread of you, apparently you always play like this so idk if it's just how you play or if it's actually scummy.

i'm not trying to, im sorry if it appears that way
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Okay! Now we're getting somewhere. I also asked about your reads on us and on Ari, could you explain those more?

In post 939, Dunkerdoodles wrote:apparently you always play like this so idk if it's just how you play or if it's actually scummy.
Right. So. I think I figured out where you're getting this from - Wake said not to push Robb based on playstyle early on, didn't he?

Dunkerdoodles wrote: whenever i push my scumreads i either get pushed massively for them or they're just wrong. i have scumread and i want to push them, it's just that there's no one for me to push with.
You don't need everyone else to think someone is scum for them to be scum. If you think they are, your job is to make everyone else realise it. People need to be convinced before they'll decide you're right. So convince them.

And to be worried about being pushed for your reads is not a townie mentality, though while NTRP is gone I can't verify whether it's NAI for you. If you're a townie your job is to lynch scum, so do it! If people scumread you for that, figure out if they're misguided town or malicious scum and act accordingly.

Dunkerdoodles wrote: I scum read you because whenever someone scumread you you just ignored it and even blatantly said so. i find this is a common scum tactic where like 1 person will announce a scumread on someone and the person will just respond with like "ur so dumb i can't believe you scumread me" or like "im obv town stop scumreading me" or something like that.

your claim is just so.. weird. like, a compulsive visitor to a dead person is just a weird role imo. ik if it's real it's to mess with trackers/watchers etc but idk it seems weird. it kinda makes sense i guess? if we were to know the other roles im sure it would make more sense.
I actually find someone ignoring scumreads on themselves to be townie. Town knows that a scumread on them is wrong and not worth addressing. Why do you think it's a common scum tactic and not a town trait?

Gravedigger is a thing. If you check the wiki it's mentioned in a number of places, though it doesn't seem to have a page itself. There's a number of roles designed to cause confusion like that, and it seems plausible given Fame's claim. What do you think of MBC's claim, then? I find that one much weirder.

I can handhold you if it means you'll contribute. I'm confused too. But I think you're probably scum who is leaning hard on that confusion to explain why you have no reads that make any sense.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 940, Penn and Teller wrote:Okay! Now we're getting somewhere. I also asked about your reads on us and on Ari, could you explain those more?

In post 939, Dunkerdoodles wrote:apparently you always play like this so idk if it's just how you play or if it's actually scummy.
Right. So. I think I figured out where you're getting this from - Wake said not to push Robb based on playstyle early on, didn't he?

Dunkerdoodles wrote: whenever i push my scumreads i either get pushed massively for them or they're just wrong. i have scumread and i want to push them, it's just that there's no one for me to push with.
You don't need everyone else to think someone is scum for them to be scum. If you think they are, your job is to make everyone else realise it. People need to be convinced before they'll decide you're right. So convince them.

And to be worried about being pushed for your reads is not a townie mentality, though while NTRP is gone I can't verify whether it's NAI for you. If you're a townie your job is to lynch scum, so do it! If people scumread you for that, figure out if they're misguided town or malicious scum and act accordingly.

Dunkerdoodles wrote: I scum read you because whenever someone scumread you you just ignored it and even blatantly said so. i find this is a common scum tactic where like 1 person will announce a scumread on someone and the person will just respond with like "ur so dumb i can't believe you scumread me" or like "im obv town stop scumreading me" or something like that.

I actually find someone ignoring scumreads on themselves to be townie. Town knows that a scumread on them is wrong and not worth addressing. Why do you think it's a common scum tactic and not a town trait?

Gravedigger is a thing. If you check the wiki it's mentioned in a number of places, though it doesn't seem to have a page itself. There's a number of roles designed to cause confusion like that, and it seems plausible given Fame's claim. What do you think of MBC's claim, then? I find that one much weirder.

I can handhold you if it means you'll contribute. I'm confused too. But I think you're probably scum who is leaning hard on that confusion to explain why you have no reads that make any sense.
i was mainly scumreading paul but i always scumread him so he's probably town. keychain's head makes me also think this slot is town and i keep second guessing myself whether paul is town or scum, but i retracted the scumread for now on your slot, i think i mentioned that somewhere already but maybe not
i also explained my ari read in my "readlist"

maybe it's just me, but i've never seen any role like it. i didn't even realize MBC claimed, or rather i saw that they claimed a role that visited 2 people but not the actual role. i thought that was what people were referring too when they said MBC claimed but i didnt realise MBC hardclaimed.
that is a strange role, just like robb's role. idk what to think about it rn, im not even sure if i fully understand how their role works :/

also on the bolded, i agree with this however i feel scum could also easily coast this point to victory. like, if you were scum and you ignored every scumread against you and you got townread for that it would be a pretty easy win would it not? i also feel like scum!robb is sweeping this game if i didn't scumread him since everyone else townread's him i think.
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 pm

You mentioned them, yes, but they didn't make a lot of sense, which is why I'm asking for more details.

Here is the relevant part of your readslist:
In post 904, Dunkerdoodles wrote:Ari: Some early interaction with boon, ik it's RVS and it shouldn't matter but i thought i'd mention it.
Spoiler: (posts spoilered for length by Key)
In post 92, Aristophanes wrote:Oh shit, I forgot this started!

RVS is still going, right?

VOTE: Boonskies

Girls <3 Girls you duped me! I will not let it happen again! :P
In post 94, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 93, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 91, Robbnva wrote:
In post 82, Famethyst wrote:bad posts tend to come from scum since bad means likely scum motivated
I'm probably the most black and white type player here and even I don't agree with this statement. Townies can make bad posts.
Honestly, I think town players make bad posts more often than scum.

@Aristo - Now it's your turn to dupe me, right?
I'll do my best ;)
In post 183, Aristophanes wrote:I wonder when Boon is gonna come out and actually play!

His silence saddens me.

these posts above do feel like distancing.
also was very involved when i scumread drixx for his claim, this could either be legit however the whole thing kinda feel like a grab at towncred.
for reference:

also looking back, drixx is a better player later on in games so if scum leave him alive as wine it could harm scum as drixx is a good town player and could help us catch scum later on.
the rest of ari's ISO feels scummy too.

i think this is scum, however not too sure.
P&T: after looking at ISO i retract my gutread on them :) i was probably getting too hasty and trying to fine things to scumread without really thinking about it.
I saw the read on Ari and I think it's sketchy. It came out of nowhere, when he is currently the other wagon. I want you to elaborate on the bolded because what you've got just feels like you pushing his lynch solely because it's not yours.

The read on us has jumped all over, and for it to be gone now when you initially said you were "strangely confident" seems incredibly inconsistent. So you're townreading me and can't decide on NTRP? That goes a little way towards the explanation I'm trying to get out of you. What in particular makes you feel that way?
Dunkerdoodles wrote: also on the bolded, i agree with this however i feel scum could also easily coast this point to victory. like, if you were scum and you ignored every scumread against you and you got townread for that it would be a pretty easy win would it not? i also feel like scum!robb is sweeping this game if i didn't scumread him since everyone else townread's him i think.
This is a good point, but you contradict yourself. So you think he's overdoing a towntell a bit, and that's why he's scummy? Or you think it's easy enough to imitate that it becomes a nulltell since it's just as likely to come from either alignment?
If you think Robb is scum and you're the only one who has noticed, then
convince us
. Prove it! Give me evidence. Explain why he's scum. NTRP has said that you've been accurate before.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 938, Penn and Teller wrote:This is day 2 - and so far attempts to pressure content have gotten more out of Dunkerdoodles than Ari, so what makes you say this?
Oh damn my bad. Confused games lol.

We haven't gotten content from dunker yet though so not sure why you think we have.

People can pressure ari also but I'm locked on scum, no need to change now.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 939, Dunkerdoodles wrote:I scum read you because whenever someone scumread you you just ignored it and even blatantly said so.
lol so I do what every townie should do and that makes me scummy? Dude you aren't a that much of a n00b. :facepalm:

I need to save reading your posts for later. I love some good fiction
Penn and Teller
Penn and Teller
Goon
Penn and Teller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:11 pm

In post 943, Robbnva wrote: We haven't gotten content from dunker yet though so not sure why you think we have.

People can pressure ari also but I'm locked on scum, no need to change now.
Going back to tunnelling eh?

Comparatively speaking, we really have got more from Dunkers - there was a reads list, for one, and I can work with that as a starting point even if it wasn't great. It's still
something
, and this game is sorely lacking in somethings.

Robbnva wrote:Dude you aren't a that much of a n00b. :facepalm:

I need to save reading your posts for later. I love some good fiction
We clearly have very different approaches.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I never stopped tunneling. I honestly don't see how he can be town. His excuses don't make sense and neither does his reads. His reasoning for scum reading me are terrible.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 940, Penn and Teller wrote: I actually find someone ignoring scumreads on themselves to be townie. Town knows that a scumread on them is wrong and not worth addressing. Why do you think it's a common scum tactic and not a town trait?
I'm the opposite actually. If I'm town and you're scumreading me, there's at most 3 reasons for that and one of them is you being scum. So I attempt to resolve that whenever possible.

That being said I don't think DD's reasons for scumreading Robbnva are entirely solid. And a significant part of his Robb push has been on Robb's claim.

Dunkerdoodles, what scum motivation does the claim have? Why are you addressing just how the role sounds rather than the context behind it?

The majority of your stances comprise either reversing on people or not pushing them hard to begin with.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Robbnva »

Zach. Why are you playing different this game?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:38 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Different how

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”