tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 am

Post by tictac »

In post 2774, Backhand wrote:I don't believe in spoilering relevant discussion.
OK, but I'm going to start paring this down

k.

I mean, I asked uzi if he wanted to be hammered and the day to end.
And "Yes plaese do" is what scum-him would have said?
I think frustrated Uzi would have done that either way

So how is him saying that relevant?

Still can't speak to monkey's state of mind, but I'm not sure its accurate that scum are more likely to "break character."
townies don't have characters to break

But people aren't actually super consistent robots who act in the same way to every situation. If anything, scum are more likely to be thinking about the "character" they're portraying.

Some things are consistent, and people are inconsistent to varying degrees. monkey reads on the high end on principled playstyle

This is actually pretty fair--I think scumMe probably does do the same thing as townMe who believed LUV was scum. Just so happens that's not the case. Also, this name is new to this site, yes. :wink:
Ya an alt then. Care to out your main?
I last played on this site in 2009, so I'm not sure how much value it would be to you.

Experience is a big part in how I read people. It would be helpful to be able to verify your number of games.

Idk, wanna kill him?

His inactivity is kinda annoying. Should have policied him on day 1..

OK, we're on the opposite sides of this, but I'm so happy I found a policy lynch ally! Been dying on that hill in pretty much every game I've been in.

Yay for policies.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Backhand »

You're accusing me of rushing to lynch--I'm saying he was frustrated and ready for the day to end. I thought he was scum and I was also frustrated and ready for the day to end.

Still can't speak to monkey's state of mind, but I'm not sure its accurate that scum are more likely to "break character."

But people aren't actually super consistent robots who act in the same way to every situation. If anything, scum are more likely to be thinking about the "character" they're portraying.

Some things are consistent, and people are inconsistent to varying degrees. monkey reads on the high end on principled playstyle

Not this time, I guess.

This is actually pretty fair--I think scumMe probably does do the same thing as townMe who believed LUV was scum. Just so happens that's not the case. Also, this name is new to this site, yes. :wink:
I last played on this site in 2009, so I'm not sure how much value it would be to you.

Experience is a big part in how I read people. It would be helpful to be able to verify your number of games.

I was TheSweatPantsNinja back then, I think I played 10-15 games here? Even then, most of my online experience is elsewhere, and most of my mafia experience is in person, which is the only kind I've been playing for 8 years. So read into that what you will.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Narna why should I get lynched today?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:38 am

Post by tictac »

You're accusing me of rushing to lynch--I'm saying he was frustrated and ready for the day to end. I thought he was scum and I was also frustrated and ready for the day to end.

For Uzi saying the thing to be a defense it needs to increase the likelyhood of town-you hammering at that time. Otherwise we come to "yes, a possible town narrative does exist, but that is nearly always the case and scum narrative is still more likely". I don't know why scum-Uzi being frustrated makes town-you
more
likely to want less time. In fact I would expect the opposite to be true, if ya actually think he's scum.

Not this time, I guess.

eh

I was TheSweatPantsNinja back then, I think I played 10-15 games here? Even then, most of my online experience is elsewhere, and most of my mafia experience is in person, which is the only kind I've been playing for 8 years. So read into that what you will.

Yeah. Ya not being new does nullify the "especially since ya new"-thing, but it's not like ya couldn't foresee that and ya did (kinda) volunteer the info.
I'll think on that.

I kinda want to tr ya because ya sound nice and reasonable, but that's not a valid reason.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:41 am

Post by tictac »

In post 2777, Tchill13 wrote:Narna why should I get lynched today?
Whut?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 2763, Narna wrote:Low energy. Virtuoso kill is odd. The low info kill would be flavor leaf, otherwise tchill should die.
I read this wrong. I think Ik why I may not have died though.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Tchill13 »

VOTE: formerfish

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. Basically during a night phase in the neighborhood thread I told formerfish I was scum and he was the NK. He didn't act surprised. He didn't act happy he was right about me being scum. Simply said something along the lines "it is what it is". That was his reaction. So after pushing a little more and getting nothing much as far as reactions go in return I claimed it was a reaction test and he passed and now I knew he was town. Then I went along with whatever he said because I obviously didn't want to get night killed if he's scum which I believe. What put the nail in the coffin for me was his complete concrete flip on my slot with little to no suspicion of me being scum anymore. IDanyboy pressured him to explain it and he just said some stuff happened in the neighborhood. He never really even explained his townread of myself to me. I just said I'm completely willing to follow his lead and all of a sudden I'm pretty town to him. I tried to let the day phase play out as much as possible to see who sided with and against formerfish and validate my reads on other slots. Lynching formerfish is gonna be my priority the rest of this day phase.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 2740, Backhand wrote:
In post 2739, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 2737, Backhand wrote:Ughhhhhhhh now I'm starting to think all three of you might be town. Formerfish went pretty hard after mulch on Day 1 when he was actually in some danger.
Why is iDanyboy town and why am I town?
Danyboy is gut/meta(ish) -- I just played a game where I almost immediately scumread him correctly and he just does not feel the same as in that game. And your response to this seems townlike, I would expect scum you to more strongly pick a side.

Tchill/formerfish, what are your thoughts about the interactions with mulch around post 500? I hadn't really registered on my first read that mulch had got to L-3. There's no real counterwagon that seemed to obviously form, but I wasn't actually in the game at that point. . . looking back and knowing that mulch was scum, does that give you any ideas?
This further validated my scum read on formerfish. I went back and checked this out with the fact that I tried so hard to get him off the uzi vote and onto the mulch one later in the game and he just flat out ignored me. If you keep that fact in mind this definitely looks like formerfish is distancing from mulch. He had every opportunity to not mislynch uzi with me pointing out why it's a terrible idea. Had he ACTUALLY scum read mulch at any point he would've given my statements on the uzi and mulch 1v1 a little more attention. So I'm confident in my read on formerfish. He just went with mulch against uzi no questions asked even though he "scumread" mulch earlier.
Backhand
Backhand
Goon
Backhand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Backhand »

Interesting. Is it legal for you to just quote from the neighborhood? Obviously we'd have no way to prove its accuracy, but still could be useful.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I doubt it. I'll check and make sure. The main thing here is we all got to watch his sudden flip on my slot and hardly explained it. I understand skepticism about the neighborhood thread information but if you'll reread mulch interactions around 500 while thinking about the fact that formerfish sided with mulch later in the game to get uzi mislynched while another player was screaming why it was wrong to do so then it definitely looks like formerfish is distancing himself from mulch around the 500 mark.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Tchill13 »

He did actually tell me that he ignored my opinion there because he scumread me at the time. My issue with that is why did he side with someone he scum read earlier and when exactly did that scum read of mulch change enough to be able to side with him?... I've pretty much laid out every reason I have to scum read formerfish.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 2780, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 2763, Narna wrote:Low energy. Virtuoso kill is odd. The low info kill would be flavor leaf, otherwise tchill should die.
I read this wrong. I think Ik why I may not have died though.
I'm pretty sure they decided to hunt in inactives for another pr kill and formerfish pushed flavor leaf as a lynch in the neighborhood thread ever since I sided with him. I FEEL like the only reason I'm alive is because formerfish told scum he had me pocketed...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2781, Tchill13 wrote:VOTE: formerfish

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. Basically during a night phase in the neighborhood thread I told formerfish I was scum and he was the NK. He didn't act surprised. He didn't act happy he was right about me being scum. Simply said something along the lines "it is what it is". That was his reaction. So after pushing a little more and getting nothing much as far as reactions go in return I claimed it was a reaction test and he passed and now I knew he was town. Then I went along with whatever he said because I obviously didn't want to get night killed if he's scum which I believe. What put the nail in the coffin for me was his complete concrete flip on my slot with little to no suspicion of me being scum anymore. IDanyboy pressured him to explain it and he just said some stuff happened in the neighborhood. He never really even explained his townread of myself to me. I just said I'm completely willing to follow his lead and all of a sudden I'm pretty town to him. I tried to let the day phase play out as much as possible to see who sided with and against formerfish and validate my reads on other slots. Lynching formerfish is gonna be my priority the rest of this day phase.

I actually feel this is a reason not to scum read Fish. He's not new. He's won plenty of scum games in strong fashion. If he was scum, he'd probably have reacted to that better. When he didn't die, it becomes obvious you were reaction testing, if it wasn't already.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Yeah I made it obvious before the end of the night phase he wasn't getting NK'd. I don't have much experience with fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Formerfish »

This is hilarious. So what Tchill, you're scum here realizing that by poe your mislynch options are dwindling and you need to keep me open as an option.

I have explained why my read changed and how it changed. I have said that you as town to me until you show otherwise. You were right about mulch and I was wrong about Uzi, but you can't say that my reasoning was bad because it wasn't.

And why would I get upset and rage in the pt about being the night kill. I was relieved to know I had 2 of the 3 scum nailed and that my death and town flip would probably lead to your seeing rope in the near future, as a neighbor I feel like I would have done my job and we would only have 1 more scum left to smoke out. I explained that in the other and then you tell me it was all a reaction test and that I passed. You then told me that as long as my reasoning was sound for you would follow me.

Explain how in the fuck you've come to the conclusion of me being scum after the game I've played so far. Where is the scum motivation in my play so far?

Chilly, if this is another reaction test then come on out and say it. If you want to 1v1 me today then let's dance brother.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I've already stated my opinions on why you were scum in detail. I don't see the need to 1v1. This is not a reaction test.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

were you guys neighbors from beginning or did someone get neighborized?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

i'm not retaining the majority of my skim reading of this game. might go super ISO mode. I'll solve this soon in the opposite of Mulch fashion: very little posts.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Formerfish »

You are a completely different player in our pt. I've explained in there and I'm here multiple times about why my read on you changed. We talk overnight about Dany being most likely scum and then when I come in here and push it you backed out and got cold feet on me again, and then you talked about how you were just attempting to buddy up to Dany.

You are all over the place, I'm saying the same thing in here and in there. Which one has more scum motivation to it?

And the reaction test in the pt, I think it was bullshit. It's probably you and leaf and you were going to kill me and I scared you by breaking down exactly why that was a bad idea. That's why you went with an unclaimed cause I mentioned the lack of a tracker to you in the pt.

VOTE: Tchill

Unless you inactive fucks come up with definitive scum, this is the matchup today. I'm willing to die for this chilly, are you?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2791, Flavor Leaf wrote:were you guys neighbors from beginning or did someone get neighborized?
We started in it, we don't know each other's alignment.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Yeah I'm definitely willing to die for this lol. You're scum. I don't have much faith in the rest of town because of the absolutely awful mislynch that uzi was but let's get this one right OK?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

I mean chilly, some of those reaction tests posts were just too on the money. Like when you explained that I was going to be nked and the lynch option for the next day was rb since why wouldn't he did a second night. You and mulch had distanced enough to gain town cred for his death.

That sounds like scum unloading on who they were going to kill to be cheeky fucks. Then realizing it was a bad idea and how bad you just fucked up.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Formerfish »

So you walked it all back and claimed reaction test and went pretty hunting instead while trying to pocket me and then turn on me at your earliest opportunity.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Sweet now you're lying about what was in the neighborhood thread. Formerfish is definitely scum. I've
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

Oh yeah, which part is the lie?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”