Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Idk why people are saying that if tchill's scum then mafia must have some sort of other killing role. Couldn't he just be a serial killer?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I'm online catching up to another game thread. I think if Chill's a serial killer, he just dug a whole so deep that he can't ever win. Especially if it's a limited vig role. Are unli-vigs common?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:48 am

*hole. goddamnit. Post counts reset every day, right?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 599, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Vecna, you have yet to even get L-1, let alone get intent to hammer. Why did you jump the PR claim gun?
You are dead wrong here. Assuming you are just saying this due to inexperience, and not because it offers you an opportunity to get on the wagon. I know from experience that town pr's are far more likely to claim prematurely with low/ little pressure. Exception being trolly players, and players known for gambits.

Think about it. If you were to roll a town power roll you _want_ to utlize you role for the benefit of town, you _know_ that your role is more valuable alive then dead. Therefore you don't want to be lynched. SO even if you claim too early at least you don't get lynched, and you can still make use of your ability for another night.

As scum you'd view making a fake claim solely as a means of extending your life. However, you recognize just how risky claiming a power role is. If you claim a already existing power, they'll counter claim and you die. If your Claim doesn't add up your previous actions you die. Fake claiming also means an increased chance that you die at mass claim if your role doesn't fir in the set up. So due to this You'd wait it out until you'd feel like there is nothing else you can do to prevent your lynch.

The idea that town will always wait until L-1 to claim is a mistake. Experianced confedant town wait until L-1, flightly/nervous/frustrated/newbie town will claim under low pressure.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

there's a day left. who are we lynching? I'm too low on time to post substantially

VOTE: massive
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Grendel »

I'm eating dinner rn

Would point you towards Sunlit, maybe monkey. Assemble if you're down for a PL. Mt preference is Sunlit Diamond

I have some other thoughts to share when I get beack.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 628, Grendel wrote:
In post 599, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Vecna, you have yet to even get L-1, let alone get intent to hammer. Why did you jump the PR claim gun?
You are dead wrong here. Assuming you are just saying this due to inexperience, and not because it offers you an opportunity to get on the wagon. I know from experience that town pr's are far more likely to claim prematurely with low/ little pressure. Exception being trolly players, and players known for gambits.

Think about it. If you were to roll a town power roll you _want_ to utlize you role for the benefit of town, you _know_ that your role is more valuable alive then dead. Therefore you don't want to be lynched. SO even if you claim too early at least you don't get lynched, and you can still make use of your ability for another night.

As scum you'd view making a fake claim solely as a means of extending your life. However, you recognize just how risky claiming a power role is. If you claim a already existing power, they'll counter claim and you die. If your Claim doesn't add up your previous actions you die. Fake claiming also means an increased chance that you die at mass claim if your role doesn't fir in the set up. So due to this You'd wait it out until you'd feel like there is nothing else you can do to prevent your lynch.

The idea that town will always wait until L-1 to claim is a mistake. Experianced confedant town wait until L-1, flightly/nervous/frustrated/newbie town will claim under low pressure.
Yes, I am newer to the game and definitely still learning the subtleties of how to play. All you said makes sense in a general sense EXCEPT that Vecna is neither a newbie nor appears particularly flighty or nervous. Frustrated, yes. But I don't think that overbalances the other. Therefore I don't think his actions make sense.

My kid has decided not to take a nap today, so I can't do the write up I meant to. I realize I've promised longer thoughts three times now and not delivered. I will do my damnedest after he's in bed tonight. -_-;

p-edit: Why, exactly, do you think I should be lynched?
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Also: for reasons stated in my prior post, I probably won't respond to your response for another five and a half hours at least.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

assemble is a good vig shot to verify tchill

I'll vote monkey

scum cannot have a vig in normal games vecna.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

without catching up, I'll vote this slot VOTE: Eddie Cane for post 629 and 633 alone.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

I will catch-up tho.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 593, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I don't buy Vecna's claim and his tone from Ginngie is suspect. Also the timing of his claim is off and the way he wants to reveal his PR role is off.
In post 609, Korts wrote:If you jailkeep Tchill, how will that confirm either of you? At best, you confirm to Tchill that you can roleblock him. From the rest of our perspectives, that just means that nothing happens. I don't buy any of your performance for the last three pages.

Would you like me to respond to any particular point you made, Vecna? Otherwise, I don't feel like dignifying your bullshit flailing with any analysis.
Q: Okay guys, what specially about Venca's claim do you not believe is legitimate?
In post 583, nancy wrote:Alright I'm caught up finally; I flat don't believe Vecna's claim at all; literally nothing about the way he claimed is town and if he did have a confirmable pr I think he would be a fuck of a lot more indignant about being run up than he has been; the kind of survivalism that he's displayed in the claim is something that I think is far more likely to come from scum and what basically amounts to a sigh of regret in isn't something that I find believable at all from a PR who knows that they can confirm themselves through night actions. Not interested in lynching anywhere else today; the claim aside I think he's completely flat tonally, I dislike his progressions, I dislike his votes, I dislike basically everything coming from that slot right now.
I disagree. I think the song and dance in regards to his claim was townie enough. I think that there is enough reasonable evidence there for me to believe his role cliam.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Vecna only had three votes on him when he claimed an ambiguous (but confirmable) power role right? What is survivlistic about that?
I think the way he entered with a scumread on me is pretty sketchy given that I think I've been pretty transparently town this game and was the only slot pushing him at that point in time; Civilization was months ago and I was a newbie and VI back then, absolutely no way I should be playing like that anymore - think if Vecna were town he would be pretty happy to see the development in my play rather than scumread me for it in the way that he has; pretty obvious difference I think in his treatment of that compared with the way monkey has been overall hesistant about it and has actually engaged with it critically overall - especially considering how recent my game with monkey was.
Sorry but this sound like an emotionally motivated reason to me. "He should be reading me like this, not like that," rarely leads to a successful scum lynch. Its basically meta reading gone wrong.

I talked to Grey about this in a game before he was banned on this form. He always ended up scum reading Alisae for personally motivated reasons that boiled down to not wanting to ever let Alisae one-up him. Even if his reasons sounded game related. I myself had a similar relationship to Gamma Emerald for a long time.

You scum read on Vecna, (at least this point), reminds me of that kind of mentality. Though its more disbelief that he is scum reading you for a meta shift, and an assumption that that is scummy. Which I think you are forgetting is that it sounds like Vecna hasn't played with you in a while, and probably thinks you are being too different for comfort.

Just... take a step back and think about it.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 555, Vecna wrote:Anyways, im also a town PR, with a skill that can be confirmed tonight. Good job ringing up another one with shit all reasoning.

Not gonna claim any more to not make it too easy on scum, you'll know more tomorrow.

In case you do end up lynching me - Kort & massive are scum here together. Lynch them next
By previously mentioned song and dance I mean Venca stating that he is a power role but not imeadatley full claiming. It looks surface level scummy. Buts actually not something scum are going to typically to do when fake claiming.

Mianly because, "Hey guys I'm a power role but I'm not going to full claim until tomorrow :wink:" Is an extremely unpopular method of approaching a claim, and therefore something scum would try to avoid. However town would do this if they had alter motives. In this instance Vecna planning the clear himself by jailing Tchill. While I think its not a great plan I do think that Vecna displaying that kind of strategic planning is moderately town like.

He also said something about a crumb?

@Venca

In post 561, Vecna wrote:Shouldve read between the lines Gin - I left you a very obvious hint
Post your crumb plz
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 631, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 628, Grendel wrote:

Yes, I am newer to the game and definitely still learning the subtleties of how to play. All you said makes sense in a general sense EXCEPT that Vecna is neither a newbie nor appears particularly flighty or nervous. Frustrated, yes. But I don't think that overbalances the other. Therefore I don't think his actions make sense.

My kid has decided not to take a nap today, so I can't do the write up I meant to. I realize I've promised longer thoughts three times now and not delivered. I will do my damnedest after he's in bed tonight. -_-;

p-edit: Why, exactly, do you think I should be lynched?
I understand your kid probs. I live with a cousin who has Down Syndrome, and there are lots of times I'm stuck babysitting when I had other things I planed to do.

Eh Vecna's "Good job Town" line felt condescending and frustrated to me. Its entirely possible that he planted a fake claim as scum. I'm just stressing that that from my pov Venca is town in most worlds. So really not worth the D1 lynch gamble imo.

I touched brefly on my sr on you when I entered the game. I thought your interaction with regards to Robbnva and Eddie had lots of scum motives behind them. It was also that a lot of your posts, (I said 50% but that's an estimate), were focusing on those two players. So I thought you were hiding behind the noise they were making.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Monkey

This place is stagnating. I don't know if I'll be here tomarrow, between Diamond and monkey I think Monkey is more viable.

Spoiler:
-Immediate assumption that any AtE is false or calculated. Scum!Monkey would see it as a opportunity to prevent players from spewing town. He could use is as a crutch in his reads due to the intangible nature of tone reading. The most likely is that he views calling out AtE as inhertintly pro-town thanks to "paranoia".

-He also had a lot to do with the early stages of Precy Vs Robb, but moved away from it over time. Possibly blame evasion.

-"But we're still friends dude," oddly shoehorned into disagreements, and situations where he calls people out. Comes across as too apologetic. Possibly a personality trait of his.

-Demonstrates typical scum model of High content early in the day, then laying low until required to push reads again.

Wow, raw unformatted thoughts on Monekey ripped straight from notes I took earlier today!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Tchill

Can you publicly submit a pool of players you intend to shoot in tonight?

Will make it easier to confirm your kill tomarrow.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 638, Grendel wrote:I touched brefly on my sr on you when I entered the game. I thought your interaction with regards to Robbnva and Eddie had lots of scum motives behind them. It was also that a lot of your posts, (I said 50% but that's an estimate), were focusing on those two players. So I thought you were hiding behind the noise they were making.
You thought I was- Meaning no longer, or just shitty grammar? :P

Robb and Eddie's tete-a-tete took over the entire freaking game for a while there and responding to anything else was practically impossible.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 640, Grendel wrote:
@Tchill

Can you publicly submit a pool of players you intend to shoot in tonight?

Will make it easier to confirm your kill tomarrow.
I'd rather not publicly speak about it because scum will be able to game plan wouldn't they?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Vecna »

Ill need to know whether im a realistic possibility/target if I escape todays lynch for obvious reasons.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by Vecna »

@Grendel's last question
In post 500, Vecna wrote:Also youre not shooting anyone tonight
In post 537, Vecna wrote:
In post 530, Ginngie wrote:What if we make a quote wall saying "he can shoot someone, dumbass"
You should probably leave this one to rest
In post 514, Vecna wrote:
In post 511, Ginngie wrote:
In post 502, Ginngie wrote:
VOTE: Vecna

:3
What, a statement like that makes me scum? That certainly is a contender for most rediculous reasons ive ever witnessed here.
In post 537, Vecna wrote:
In post 530, Ginngie wrote:What if we make a quote wall saying "he can shoot someone, dumbass"
You should probably leave this one to rest
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

@Mod
I'm on my regular Sunday/Monday VLA. I'll try to be around, but no guarantees.

And for that reason:

UNVOTE:

I like what Grendel said about Vecna in post . Also, while Vecna's logic leaves much to be desired in my mind, I believe that he means what he says. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself. I don't know that I believe that JKing TChill is the best option for doing that- I'd rather just see how he interacts with us after flips. Whatever comes, will come.

And on that note I have two gutreads so I'm going to vote the one that has a wagon right now and go to bed.

VOTE: Monkey
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 633, Eddie Cane wrote:assemble is a good vig shot to verify tchill

I'll vote monkey

scum cannot have a vig in normal games vecna.
Are serial killers a thing in normal games?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

^O^
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

-o-
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 pm

vov

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”