Mini 1936: Yume's Cutsie U-Pick (Town Win!)

Sappho
Sappho
Townie
Sappho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Sappho »

In post 216, RadiantCowbells wrote:Sapphire I wasn't -pushing- you. I was asking for you to explain your reads. I didn't get an answer. I started pushing you. I didn't get an answer. The problem here is not with me.

If you go back through my ISO there's a clear progression from simply being concerned about the issue to pretty fucking frustrated and willing to flip many tables to get the info I wanted.

I don't think I've been anti-town at all this game, unless you count my request for you to claim, which as it happens...
And I don't think you have a clear progression that you can proudly point to as town.
It's anti-town for you to decide that you're going to only read us based off a mutual townread when there are many explanations for it and then push to have those explanations public. If there were further reasons for us to be mutually townreading each other than what is in the thread and we haven't outed it it's for a reason and town!you would table that and try to work out our alignments separately.
That you haven't done so is making me believe that you have no desire to read me or lover.
Sappho
Sappho
Townie
Sappho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Sappho »

In post 217, Reasonably Rational wrote:Interesting. So you don't believe there's town motivation in strongly pushing a scum read, and demanding answers for the reasons behind that read? What part of this behavior, exactly, do you find anti-town, with no town motivations? Is it just that he's insisting on getting answers before moving on to new topics?
I kind of feel like this is restating my argument with omissions to make it appear to be something it's not. But nonetheless, I explained my issue in 225 as clearly as I am going to be able to right now.
Sappho
Sappho
Townie
Sappho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Sappho »

In post 217, Reasonably Rational wrote:To answer the question though...it's more a matter of forcing some sort of reason for the stance, in order to nail them to a limited array of explanations when, as they inevitably will, they end up explaining this townread in detail. It will also allow me to decide how much weight to give the read.
Your method was essentially what RC was doing but in a manner that didn't come across as exactly that. You were trying to get us to state whether it was role related just as much as RC was. You just didn't want it to look that way, is what I read from your post.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I can't answer you declaring what I would and would not do as either alignment any more than I can answer
Radical Rat
's declaration that I'm scum because I scare him.

I think that at the very least, you can be town here. I'm still not comfortable with TWC and I feel like you're assigning too much weight to weak stuff and it's possibly they're just 1-way pocketing you.

God Dammit RC!
Imma have to give you a warning for strike #5
*cries*
Last edited by Aristophanes on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Sappho
Sappho
Townie
Sappho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Sappho »

In post 218, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 208, Reasonably Rational wrote:RC, what's your certainty level here on your read?
-Cerb
Sapphire:
My loves. Please. Trust me. I'm not sure what alignment RC is. (It could actually be town from this post alone?) But The logical duo is just scum here. Please vote them with me. You won't regret it. <3
I'm not moving my vote without nance agreeing and she's currently busy, so I'm sorry.
I will say it's there in spirit from Jae head. <3
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Dude this nickname thing is terrible. It's really hard to play the game when I have to constantly be going back and checking if I used nicknames. It makes it difficult as hell to play the game in real time.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 227, Sappho wrote:
In post 217, Reasonably Rational wrote:To answer the question though...it's more a matter of forcing some sort of reason for the stance, in order to nail them to a limited array of explanations when, as they inevitably will, they end up explaining this townread in detail. It will also allow me to decide how much weight to give the read.
Your method was essentially what RC was doing but in a manner that didn't come across as exactly that. You were trying to get us to state whether it was role related just as much as RC was. You just didn't want it to look that way, is what I read from your post.
Umm, no. I already determined that it's almost certainly not role related. If it were, you wouldn't have started out the game with random townreads that would draw attention to the connection. The only question is whether some meta thing like you pointed out would be used to explain it later on, or if it would just be waved away as a gut read...or possibly a tell that they'd refuse to give us more information on.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Just use standard abbreviations instead of full names. Just call me Rad, Radical, Rad Rat, Rat, or anything else.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 230, RadiantCowbells wrote:Dude this nickname thing is terrible. It's really hard to play the game when I have to constantly be going back and checking if I used nicknames. It makes it difficult as hell to play the game in real time.
Terribly sorry about that!

However, this is your 5 Post Warning!

If you make another 5 this dayphase, I will be forced to replace you.

I really don't want to do that :(
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 224, RadiantCowbells wrote:I read
Mastina
as hard town for stuff that's not related to anything you've said, FTR
In post 228, RadiantCowbells wrote: I'm still not comfortable with TWC and I feel like you're assigning too much weight to weak stuff and it's possibly they're just 1-way pocketing you.
Can you explain this? How can one head be a hard townread while the slot isn't?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 pm

224 is a reference to a previous game: I hard townread
Mastina
in KH for some of the stuff they'd none, none of which is present in this game.

Fucking Shit God Damn!
Strike 6!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 pm

we're at 6!
Scott and Ramona
Scott and Ramona
Goon
Scott and Ramona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Scott and Ramona »

In post 217, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 209, Sappho wrote:
In post 201, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 197, RadiantCowbells wrote:
anti-town RC is scum!RC.
You know full well that this is not true.
Seconded. RC is quite capable of being very anti-town, as town, in my limited experience. Simply their posting style alone is arguably anti-town...so that argument really doesn't hold any water.

Do you have some reason to believe that Saph?

-Cerb
That's how I was taught to read him by Nahds.
It hasn't failed me yet.
Look for town motivation in the anti-town. If you don't see it, he's scum.
If RC were trying to read me, he would have bounced reads with me. He's not trying to read me and I am notoriously easy to read.
Interesting. So you don't believe there's town motivation in strongly pushing a scum read, and demanding answers for the reasons behind that read? What part of this behavior, exactly, do you find anti-town, with no town motivations? Is it just that he's insisting on getting answers before moving on to new topics?
In post 210, Scott and Ramona wrote:
In post 203, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 193, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 177, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have asked repeatedly for reasons to be given.
And we've told you repeatedly you're not likely to get them. :cool:
I don't need detailed reasons, but an answer of gut, meta, or other, would be helpful.

-Cerb
How would gut be helpful if they aren't going to explain what's giving them said gut feeling? How would meta be helpful if you're not very familiar with either of them and have limited time?

- Scott
I don't have limited time, not really, really just depends on whether or not I'm going to focus on this game, and I already asked Drixx if I could just phone it in and he said no. :(

To answer the question though...it's more a matter of forcing some sort of reason for the stance, in order to nail them to a limited array of explanations when, as they inevitably will, they end up explaining this townread in detail. It will also allow me to decide how much weight to give the read.

-Cerb
Until there are valid reasons to suspect each hydra, forcing here is not very productive. I feel like whatever vauge reason you claim will be enough for now, won't be for others. Reads like the ones each hydra have given on each other happen quite a bit these days. I think trying to force them to justify scum reads is infinitely better at this stage.

- Scott
Hydra of Chickadee and Lil Uzi Vert
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm

I still feel like my play this game has been super pro-town and I really don't understand your accusation otherwise, and that feels like personal bias about how I'm supposed to approach your TWC read.
Scott and Ramona
Scott and Ramona
Goon
Scott and Ramona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't think Ratburn votes RC there as scum.

- Scott
Sappho
Sappho
Townie
Sappho
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Sappho »

In post 228, RadiantCowbells wrote:I can't answer you declaring what I would and would not do as either alignment any more than I can answer
Radical Rat
's declaration that I'm scum because I scare him.

I think that at the very least, you can be town here. I'm still not comfortable with TWC and I feel like you're assigning too much weight to weak stuff and it's possibly they're just 1-way pocketing you.

God Dammit RC!
Imma have to give you a warning for strike #5
*cries*
I am really confident that they're not but it's fine if you hold some paranoia there.
I think Suit and Tie was incredibly town for her end of the posting and I think lover was continuously lover-specific towntelling in real time. I do understand that lover as scum can sometimes tick those boxes but she can't do it nearly as much as she has here.

Could you please talk to me about vomit boy and Rose? Because vomit boy I can't pick up anything from and nance thought he was town on a skim and I don't get it, and Rose I should be able to pick up something from but I'm strangely null there where nance has a scumread. I feel like we have a lot of dissonance between us so I would like some help sorting that. If you're town like nance thinks I feel as though I'll have better luck sorting you this way.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

S&R, it's not about what's good enough for others. I want to know for my own sake of reading their slot going forward. I agree with you that forcing them to justify scum reads is good at this stage, but I believe there's no chance they'll actually do that at this point...because those justifications require more detail than I'm asking for with regards to the Saph read. I specifically asked for vagueness to make it easier for them to answer without exposing any sort of info they don't want shared right now.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 235, RadiantCowbells wrote:224 is a reference to a previous game: I hard townread
Mastina
in KH for some of the stuff they'd none, none of which is present in this game.

Fucking Shit God Damn!
Strike 6!
God damn the English language for making read the same in past and present tense...
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by The Wood Cutters »

In post 231, Reasonably Rational wrote:If it were, you wouldn't have started out the game with random townreads that would draw attention to the connection.
Oh!
That reminds me.

Time for some hard townreads which would draw attention to a connection. :P

Sapphire
RC
Ramoan
Jared
Our lovely cute host
Rei
The game decider
this random guy
V
DIO
The OTHER RR
The logical duo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Chaereed/Rad leantown

DrixRus/S&R Leanscum
TWC Scummy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Is that your reads in order?
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:35 pm

In post 239, Scott and Ramona wrote:I don't think Ratburn votes RC there as scum.
- Scott
I do but not enough where I'd want to fight over it since I'd rather direct you to the logical duo. :P
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:36 pm

I don't think anything that Ruby or Jaune is AI
The Wood Cutters
The Wood Cutters
Goon
The Wood Cutters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 pm

In post 240, Sappho wrote:I think Suit and Tie was incredibly town for her end of the posting and I think lover was continuously lover-specific towntelling in real time. I do understand that lover as scum can sometimes tick those boxes but she can't do it nearly as much as she has here.
To be fair.

We do have a posting restriction.

And enforcing that kinda sorta forces us to play in a way which is much much much closer to our town meta regardless of our actual alignment.

But yes we are in fact town. <3
Scott and Ramona
Scott and Ramona
Goon
Scott and Ramona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:38 pm

In post 246, The Wood Cutters wrote:
In post 239, Scott and Ramona wrote:I don't think Ratburn votes RC there as scum.
- Scott
I do but not enough where I'd want to fight over it since I'd rather direct you to the logical duo. :P
I want to attempt to resolve something with Ruby first. Think you guys might be jumping the gun on The Duo.

- Scott

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”