Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Imperium »

So I have a friend at another site who has this belief in this 1 in 3 thing, in which scum when positing a group of three names always lists one of their partners. I don't necessarily believe in the 1 in 3 thing, but it will be interesting to see if any of the people who listed three people who might be scum at the beginning will be scum.

does that make sense?

Just an end game thought really.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by camn »

In post 698, Ahsoka Tano wrote:Why are we on about this though when it is completely NAI?
Cuz there is way more to this game than figuring out alignments.
Creating an environment to actually win is arguably more important.
And that environment requires an element of me knowing wtf is going on.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Heartless »

oh wow i guess i'm famous

la dee da

~ Remind me who you are again sorry? ~
Last edited by nancy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 82, Prism wrote:I'd then spend the rest of the night curled up alone in the backseat of my car alone crying, wondering why I had so much resentment for the circlejerk, wondering if it really was my nature or if I was just jealous. I'd speculate as to whether or not anyone could ever understand me.

And then, after a long night of emotional isolation and inner turmoil, I'd pull myself together, drive home and VOTE: Senpai
There's a part of me that says this is the most alignment indicative thing that prism has said so far.

There's a part of me that remembers slightly town reading prism for what seems like open emotions and wants tovkick myself.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by camn »

But Imp.. that was not a naked display of emotion. It was snark, through and through
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Imperium »

maybe I should adjust my emometer for drunken reading?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Imperium »

Oh also I forgot to do this earlier. i just feel that some are being underrepresented here, so:

Spoiler:

~ Spoilered your completely irrelevent picture. This thread is about lesbians not gay people tyvm. ~
Last edited by nancy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 698, Ahsoka Tano wrote:Why are we on about this though when it is completely NAI?
that's a GREAT question

why are you talking about that when you could be talking about why you're voting camn
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Imperium »

Hey gingie are you interested in setting up a time whenvwood cutters can interact or does that not happen anymore?
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 378, Imperium wrote:
In post 223, Caryatid wrote:I couldn't understand Ginngie's push on Prism because it looked like Ginngie was twisting Prism's words when Prism got confused about double negatives,
This makes sense. I don't remember the double negatives confusion but I definitely can see why you'd dislike her early push on Prism just from the nature of it alone.
starts in , continues for the rest of the page, possibly onto the next.

In post 379, Imperium wrote:
In post 226, Caryatid wrote:I like that kmd came out of the gate scumhunting, so I put it in the "null but is doing things" tier.
Did you have an opinion on his scumhunting? What did you think of Heartless's and our perspectives on it?
I think that it was a fairly cookie cutter as you can see from all these little squares. His vote in his second post seemed like "well I disagree with you so here is a vote".

I think if there's a scum doctor flip at any point then that's going to look bad for him.

I like how the little cookie cutter shapes grew eyes at one point and started looking like people.

The colours of peoples names on this exercise were mostly indicative of "which is the sharpest crayon I noticed first" but I initially made his name green and then realised I didn't want his name to be green and so I scribbled in a few colours and did black over it and etched his name because etching is pretty. Maybe it means something that I didn't want his name to be green but this is still a null read for me. I read his posts and they just kind of wash over me. His later stuff -- after the part where you asked me this question -- seems less cookie cutter than his earlier stuff did? I think I need to be in a more languagey place than I am before I'll be ready to have a read there. For now I'm listening to what you're saying and taking it seriously but I want to get there on my own in my own way.

Also I re-ISOed you looking for "your perspective on kmd" and my search-string was kmd and I see you asking some questions of kmd and I see you putting him in your reads list but I don't see a perspective.

Heartless' opinion is in and I can see the sniping accusation. I don't really understand the old-tells thing. By which I don't mean "I disagree with" I mean "I don't know which old tells are meant."
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 115, Kmd4390 wrote:Ginngie, what made you say you could see camn as scum?

I don't like prism's vote on Notice. I see it the opposite way of what prism sees. I don't see the scum benefit to basically putting a "vig me" post it note on your own back. It sounds more like town who saw a negative utility role PM and is just putting it out there. Prism's vote just looks like an attempt to jump on whatever they can and possibly a chance to get some more info about someone's role.

Vote Prism

Ginngie wrote:Also within in game relations, not wanting to pick a fight and instead trying to put water under the bridge makes me feel that it's a town move as it pushes towards cohesiveness instead of being divisive
Or wanting to keep attention away...
???
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 710, Imperium wrote:
In post 115, Kmd4390 wrote:Ginngie, what made you say you could see camn as scum?

I don't like prism's vote on Notice. I see it the opposite way of what prism sees. I don't see the scum benefit to basically putting a "vig me" post it note on your own back. It sounds more like town who saw a negative utility role PM and is just putting it out there. Prism's vote just looks like an attempt to jump on whatever they can and possibly a chance to get some more info about someone's role.

Vote Prism

Ginngie wrote:Also within in game relations, not wanting to pick a fight and instead trying to put water under the bridge makes me feel that it's a town move as it pushes towards cohesiveness instead of being divisive
Or wanting to keep attention away...
???
I guess I should make my question more clear. Are you getting camn's role claim with notice confused?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 117, Ginngie wrote:
I feel like nancy would make a scumbutt a hated slot due to the previous game, she made common town roles, scum roles.

So a NU like Hated would be good for scum to counter the norms.
Not always town roles, nancy and we recently played a heartless game where both loved and hated roles were scum.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 709, Caryatid wrote:Heartless' opinion is in 294 and I can see the sniping accusation. I don't really understand the old-tells thing. By which I don't mean "I disagree with" I mean "I don't know which old tells are meant."
that was mostly referring to kmd's role fishing accusation (which... i don't think has ever actually caught scum but that's a "tell" that used to be thrown around ALL the time, thank god that's on the decline) but the whole "mastina wouldn't claim neg utility because VIG MIGHT SHOVE A SHOTGUN UP HER ASS" is another piece of old lore that doesn't have much applicability to practice.

long and short of it is that i don't think "prism jumped on something easy" narrative is very compelling and, ironically, i think THAT'S something easy scum probably jumped on

your description of his pushes and posting as "cookie cutter" is also very apt, even to his more recent posting
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 381, Imperium wrote:
In post 230, Caryatid wrote:she was talking about awareness and it struck me as odd because I think in general as scum it's easier to have a better awareness of the game state than as town and you have more information to work with, so I feel just about the opposite about situation awareness as camn seems to :/
From my understanding, camn was making the argument that Ginngie was aware of the gamestate, regardless of her alignment, and her self-voting tactics didn't really make sense unless it was a nervous scum strategy - I'm not sure how then point you're making here plays into that.
I think scum players have better situational awareness than town players do. As town I'm all by my lonesome lost at sea like a ship far from shore with no sail with no oar with no compass for the journey. People are nice to me and I don't know if they are being nice because they are nice or because they are patting me on the back while winking at their buddies over my head. People are mean to me and I don't know if they are being mean because they want me to get upset so they can push me for being irrational or if they are being mean because they are lost like I am lost.

As scum, you're the waves, you're the storm, you are thor the thunder god and you decide where the lightning strikes. You see all the little boats lost at sea and you can shift the currents beneath them and push them apart or dash them into the rocks you know what's going on you have all the pieces...

Accusing someone of being aware is accusing them of being scum but she's saying she'd be aware if she were town but town aren't.

I get that camn is saying something different but to understand it I have to keep track of all the words she's using meaning different things than I mean when I think them and it's hard.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 713, Heartless wrote:
In post 709, Caryatid wrote:Heartless' opinion is in 294 and I can see the sniping accusation. I don't really understand the old-tells thing. By which I don't mean "I disagree with" I mean "I don't know which old tells are meant."
that was mostly referring to kmd's role fishing accusation (which... i don't think has ever actually caught scum but that's a "tell" that used to be thrown around ALL the time, thank god that's on the decline) but the whole "mastina wouldn't claim neg utility because VIG MIGHT SHOVE A SHOTGUN UP HER ASS" is another piece of old lore that doesn't have much applicability to practice.

long and short of it is that i don't think "prism jumped on something easy" narrative is very compelling and, ironically, i think THAT'S something easy scum probably jumped on

your description of his pushes and posting as "cookie cutter" is also very apt, even to his more recent posting
oh! I think I missed the rolefishing thing, but I think town role fish more often than scum do because scum don't want to be seen as rolefishing because that looks scummy and town are frustrated at not having all the pieces and frustrated at incomprehensible cryptic shit and "just spit it out already stop teasing us" but as scum you know a little more about the setup already so it's easier to figure out what all the hinting is about.

I don't think Prism's pushes have been easy either. Prism and Imperium are going to leap to assure me that they haven't been Impossible To FakeTM either and sure but they're not just plodding around going after the easiest level 1 reading of the game either.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by camn »

In post 714, Caryatid wrote:As town I'm all by my lonesome lost at sea like a ship far from shore with no sail with no oar with no compass for the journey.
You need to work on your towngame, friend :)
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 715, Caryatid wrote:I don't think Prism's pushes have been easy either.
i agree
In post 715, Caryatid wrote:Prism and Imperium are going to leap to assure me that they haven't been Impossible To FakeTM
yeah, on this note... NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE to fake as scum from anyone but there comes a point when u just have to make a judgement call on what's more likely and if u don't do that ur just going to be chronically constipated

~ That is just such excellent imagery, Anti. ~
Last edited by nancy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Imperium »

I made it to mid-page 8! and am stopping at my other head's post.

My big read to speak of is that I stillvthinkvginngie is probably town.

My other big take away is the more games I play the more times I'm convinced I should just jump in at about page 10.

Se you tomorrow, hopefullywihout toovmmuch of a headcache.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 716, camn wrote:
In post 714, Caryatid wrote:As town I'm all by my lonesome lost at sea like a ship far from shore with no sail with no oar with no compass for the journey.
You need to work on your towngame, friend :)
My towngame is pretty decent and I do manage to synergise with people sometimes, there are certain players in particular that I really love playing with and who I'm good at reading and it's great and then suddenly I wind up feeling lonely in a crowded room and I can't tell if people are laughing at me or not.

pedit: Drink some water, Tammy!
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Imperium »

I will!

Also the weird posting is my band aid not my drunk posting!
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Caryatid »

I hope your thumb gets better soon!
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Heartless »

NoticeMeSenpai
Imperium, Prism
Ginngie
---
camn, Polar Vortex
(VNB National Plan, Caryatid, Spiffeh) <null zone
Ahsoka Tano
---
Kmd4390, MaxwellPuckett

where i'm at
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by camn »

In post 718, Imperium wrote:My other big take away is the more games I play the more times I'm convinced I should just jump in at about page 10.
Not a bad strategy.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 382, Imperium wrote:
In post 230, Caryatid wrote:Can you talk to me about Camn?
It's pretty much entirely a meta read at this point (like Ginngie!), but I really like the feel of her push on Ginngie. I don't think she's really managed to ooze that easy confidence in the way she does there as scum and I'm not really sure she would back off the read in the same way as scum.

I'm sure I'll be able to put words to the feelings much better later on in the day, but as for now that's what the foundation of the read looks like.
ok, thanks. Her drawing ended up really self contained and structured but there are enough curves here that it's okay I think. I think I want to come back to her later. There are some little things that I like. I don't feel like she's buddying me in a bad way (but there's that voice in my head saying that's mitigated because this isn't a game where I'm going to get buddied.) I just...don't mind what she's doing here. It's not a locktown read it's more like "yeah okay this is good enough for now."

I'm unhappy with the glacial pace at which I'm managing to do this catchup but I don't know what to do about it.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”