He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Spiffeh »

This is why alts are
[redacted]
Last edited by nancy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1000, Spiffeh wrote:This is why alts are dumb
Seeing as we have no alt-ernative, I guess we just gotta suck it up >_>
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 999, Spiffeh wrote:I still think it was ridiculously scummy of camn to act like the fact that I was "tunneling" her was
1. indicative of me being scum despite her being aware of my play style
2. meant that she "owed me nothing" and used this as a reason to ignore my many qualms with her

I don't really see any reason people are town reading camn other than meta reasons (which I can't relate to) and her "early content" which I don't really understand when looking at it.
EBWOP the original was hard to understand and redundant
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 997, Heartless wrote:
In post 986, Spiffeh wrote:Heartless is that based off of knowing his alt?

Because if so please enlighten me.
ugghhghhhhghghhh

i don't want to be in the business of outing alts but i can't get the idea out of my head and it took my ~60% scumread to ~95%

but rly just off of play and ignoring meta i think ashokas play is pretty scummy and is very lynchworthy. let's just stick to that.
I'm not in the alt-outing business either, so I'll neither confirm nor deny your guess.
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I agree Ahsoka Tano is scummy and worthy of being run up but I'm not gonna take someone's word for it that their original account makes them like 20 times scummier when I can't verify myself

And I'd prefer to focus on camn who is being largely overlooked by everyone for reasons I can't comprehend
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1004, Spiffeh wrote:I agree Ahsoka Tano is scummy and worthy of being run up but I'm not gonna take someone's word for it that their original account makes them like 20 times scummier when I can't verify myself

And I'd prefer to focus on camn who is being largely overlooked by everyone for reasons I can't comprehend
People that are over looked get looked at later

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Wow thanks for that brilliant insight
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Ginngie »

Ya know m, you never answered my question either

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 1007, Ginngie wrote:Ya know m, you never answered my question either
In post 933, Ginngie wrote:
In post 932, Spiffeh wrote:Like I'm starting to maybe come around to the fact that Gin is just really bad at mafia and is more avoiding reevaluating me out of stubbornness than malice
I can understand your anger at me, but what could you possibly have against the horse I ride on?

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 998, Ginngie wrote:Guys, I think Heartless is an alt
i think ur mom's an alt
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I don't know what you mean by "horse I ride on"
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1003, Caryatid wrote:
In post 997, Heartless wrote:
In post 986, Spiffeh wrote:Heartless is that based off of knowing his alt?

Because if so please enlighten me.
ugghhghhhhghghhh

i don't want to be in the business of outing alts but i can't get the idea out of my head and it took my ~60% scumread to ~95%

but rly just off of play and ignoring meta i think ashokas play is pretty scummy and is very lynchworthy. let's just stick to that.
I'm not in the alt-outing business either, so I'll neither confirm nor deny your guess.
btw i figured out who you are and i feel stupid it took me this long
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 am

Post by Caryatid »

<3

I knew you'd get there, friend
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1004, Spiffeh wrote:I agree Ahsoka Tano is scummy and worthy of being run up but I'm not gonna take someone's word for it that their original account makes them like 20 times scummier when I can't verify myself
ok then forget i said anything about the alt and i'll do the same bc i'm not 100% sure i'm right and i don't think it's a good thing to center conversation around so i kinda regret bringing it up i just feel like it clicked w me when cary said what i quoted.

putting that aside, i think ashoka is scum just on the play in this thread. don't get complacent about ashoka being the lynch bc it's far from a done deal so if u agree w me that she's scun plz vote w me
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Imperium »

There's a part of me that wants to go never mind the.p catch up I'm jumping in from here, but my ocdish tendencies are like fndshghkmnbhjfhtriyukhfgfssfdg to use antihero' term.

Anyway, this game is ,y first priority and I'm hoping to get fully caught up today. That's probably a tall order as I'm 30 pages behind sand I read slow as shit, so I'll get as far as I can. If not I have time set aside tomorrow too.

I've been kinda skimming when I get the chance to have an idea of what's going on so I know that spiffeh responded to me and asked about my gin read, even if I don't get caught up today I'll respond to that. Right now I just want to get as current as I can.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Caryatid »

Yay hi Tammy!
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 837, camn wrote:ur cute when you are agro.
I've been thinking about this post since yesterday.

camn, what were you trying to accomplish here?
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So I stopped reading at the right time. Next few pages are just about late night posting, drinking, spiff's "buildup" thing again, avatars, and whether we should use the word "dumb" or not.
_________

In post 938, Heartless wrote:
In post 934, Kmd4390 wrote:What do you think the scum benefit is to do what mastina did?
simple

to get town read
*shrug*. Maybe, but that only works for so long and then they'd need to fullclaim later to back it. Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

I'm through 38 but already running late for work so will finish up tomorrow barring a post explosion.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 306, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:TTH prefers being scum.
I thought this at one time too, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Why do you think this?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Imperium »

I'm not going to ask a bunch of questions from early game cuz that's obnoxious and I see that TTH addressed that one already, but I'm wondering how much that belief formed the early read.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 414, Prism wrote: First off, really like VNB's #345. Don't agree with all of the reads but some strike me as more skepticism than malice (ex. mastina) while others seem likely. I also just honestly buy the phone story. Conveniently sums up my feelings on Polar-ton of questions, range of usefulness in their answers, near 0 use for reading Polar.
Can't really say that I understand where you're coming from here - seemed like a pretty standard list to me. I believe the phone story, sure (odd thing to lie about), but I don't think it's an unreasonable way for those two to talk about the game as scum. As for the "more skepticism than malice" point, what do you mean by that? What would make their reads look more malicious? The read on NMS seemed simplistic almost to the point of being meaningless; I guess I could be being overly harsh here, but I didn't really parse anything beyond "I don't like that she townread a person who hasn't done much and Spiffeh wagon moved past!" - did you? I can buy that the Polar read is genuine (and slight town points for not jumping on an easy target), but I don't think that it's an observation that scum would have difficulty making.
In post 414, Prism wrote:I'm not really getting this. This is the type of thing you walk up to your hydra partner and just say "Hey, mind taking a look at Spiffeh for me?". Dunno what kind of underhanded signaling you need to get your own hydra partner to look at something. I'm still not really doubting this slot-I'd put it at my top slot next to Ginn-but this just makes me go ???
My general approach to this game is a bit of an experiment of sorts. I've found that in general I'm decent at pushing lynches but not so decent at directed said lynches on scum whereas Tammy gets scum more consistently than anyone I've ever played with but isn't as comfortable with the pushing lynches part. My idea is that we'll approach the game in (mostly) the same way but I'm going to have her put down most of the votes that our slot makes and see what kind of results we come up with. I'm aware that this is strange as fuck.
In post 415, Prism wrote:This is a really strong feeling about Spiffeh, with no clear basis. He had posted plenty since their pressure vote but there's no critique of any of that content from Carya.
The first sentence was a reference to Heartless, not Spiffeh - "I'm more worried about him slipping away" doesn't seem like a particularly strong feeling so I'm assuming you misunderstood Cary there. I agree that the timing of the Spiffeh vote in conjunction with no real interaction with him after he started posting is a bit weird; I'd imagine that a read that was recently brought into the spotlight and formerly was a townread would prod Cary to look into Spiffeh a bit more intently than it seems like they did (if that makes sense, I realize that sentence is clunky as shit but not really sure how to describe my thoughts better here).
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1019, Imperium wrote:I'm not going to ask a bunch of questions from early game cuz that's obnoxious
:good:
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Imperium »

So in addition to not keeping vnb and polar vortex straight, I just read a post from prism thinking it was senpai and I was very confused. I'm not exactly sure what is causing these weird mix ups but be aware I'm having a mental blip just in case I attribute something to someone else.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 417, Kmd4390 wrote:On Ginngie's self vote, I didn't like it at first but thought it may have been an emotional kind of thing which could come from either alignment. However, in the interaction with camn, ginngie comes off pretty calm and collected so I can only see it as a joke (doesn't come off that way at all) or a calculated attempt to accomplish something. I can't see what town would want to accomplish. tl;dr I still don't like the self vote.
I think that if the intention of Ginngie's self-vote was manipulative in the way that you and camn have implied (faking an emotional meltdown of some sort), then posts like #142, where she asks Spiffeh to vote her until next votecount or #160, where she points out that no one has asked her why she self-voted, go against the "poor me" image that a manipulative self-voter would be trying to cultivate. I think that Ginngie was trying to do exactly what she claimed she was doing; I think she was trying to encourage a wagon on herself to form reads. What do you think she was trying to accomplish as scum?
In post 417, Kmd4390 wrote:This post following those two lines of camn's post, however, feels like an attempt to shake pressure after JUST saying that Ginngie doesn't mind votes. So I'm leaning towards camn's observation being spot on rather than overthinking.
I don't really understand this line of thought + the "trying too hard to fake her own meta" line of thought attacking Ginngie, but I'm not really sure it's a place where we'll see eye to eye at all. I don't understand why you think Ginngie is trying too hard to fake her own meta when you're completely unfamiliar with her meta (what is she trying too hard to emulate?), and I don't understand at all how "you're a good noodle" is trying to shake pressure - do you think that Ginngie calling camn a good noodle is her trying to flatter camn so that her bloodlust dies out, or...?
In post 417, Kmd4390 wrote:The idea of a vig shooting negative utilities is nothing new. It seems unnecessarily risky for scum. It's just one dangerous trade off for I don't even know what benefit. I can only remember one time where scum fakeclaimed a negative utility and survived to endgame and that was in like 2009. Yes, I have townreads on both mastina and camn. The mastina one is still pretty weak because I haven't seen enough from that slot to have a confident read. The one on camn is a little stronger because I liked the exchange with Ginngie.
My argument is not that vig never shoots negative utility. My argument is that you're acting like all negative utility claims were created equal when mastina's claim is most certainly not a negative utility claim on the same level that Camn's was.
In post 417, Kmd4390 wrote:What didn't I answer?
Prism made the same point I just did in this quote:
In post 119, Prism wrote:mastina made it clear that it was only negative utility if a single other role existed. AKA, probably not actually negative utility.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Caryatid »

Nacho, if you have questions about my reads progression on spiffeh that are not explained in , let me know.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”