Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 390, JaeReed wrote:@Skitter I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to read your posts but from what I can glean it feels like you're assuming that scum wouldn't bus here. Can you expand on why you think that, please?
Why would scum be bussing here? There's a perfectly viable counterwagon. Why would they not hop onto that? He hasn't done anything to warrant being wagoned that quickly. It's not like scum!Aphix's partner absolutely needs to distance from some awful team-incriminating slip he made or something. I see literally no reason for them to bus him here if they can just hop onto the counterwagon I'm pushing. What do they gain from it? They're losing one half of a two-member team for . . . what exactly?
In post 391, NotTheRealPaul wrote:lack of counterwagon, speed of a wagon, etc dont make it bad

bad reasoning makes a bad wagon imo. aphix coulda dodged this shit had he answered first time i asked but now its l-1 and has yet to answer.
It's a bad wagon/push because scum is guaranteed to be on it. He answered you literally seven posts before this one, so that isn't a true statement. And again, it's dead obvious why he voted her. She was turned toxic in between his two votes, so he wanted to remove her from the game. You asked everyone to vote her. I really don't get why Aphix's vote in particular is getting singled out for being bad.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 391, NotTheRealPaul wrote:lack of counterwagon, speed of a wagon, etc dont make it bad

bad reasoning makes a bad wagon imo. aphix coulda dodged this shit had he answered first time i asked but now its l-1 and has yet to answer.
Also this ... So I should be lynched for not answering his stupid ass question that has an obvious answer is the reason I'm being lynched? Also, I haven't yet to answer ? Which I already answered at this point .... Clear signs of scum not reading the game.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by aphix »

Also, because who knows what is going to happen once I go to sleep here, you guys are crazy, also because I'm sure I'll get lynch after saying this. I'm only like 70-80% sure on NTRP, but this won't be the first time I've seen scum and people have ignored me. I'd honestly still much rather lynch Jae today. He continues I swear to actively not get on anyones radars, not make a stance, not upset the game all. he's not doing anything to scum hunt or further a town agenda.

Pretty sure tatters is just VI ... I mean, scum are going to take him to end game if he is town as that's just easy mislynch right there.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

K, I'm going to go back to why I think Paul is scum, but I'm going to drop the meta (Paul, if you're interested, I'll talk to you about it after the game or once we're both dead). I'll do it based off of things from this game:

1. He's attempting to buddy me and discredit me. Immediately after he says he thinks I'm great at town and acknowledges that I subbed into a conf!town slot, he's trying to handwave away everything I say instead of considering my opinions.

2. His reaction to MWAP's scumslip was bad and awkward and seemed like scum trying to force through a mislynch. I pointed this out like twice and he's ignored it.

3. After asking for votes on MWAP, he's scumreading Aphix for voting MWAP. This doesn't even make sense.It's dead obvious Aphix voted for her cuz she was a toxic troll. I don't understand why this is scummy or why Aphix in particular is getting flak for it.

4. His tone is weird. I'm getting a lot of false bravado and fake outrage and AtE.

5. The wagon thing.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Can we stop with the associative tells until we actually lynch scum? Associative tells without a redflip hinge on assumptions we have very limited information on
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 404, DoctorPepper wrote:Can we stop with the associative tells until we actually lynch scum? Associative tells without a redflip hinge on assumptions we have very limited information on
^^^*^

if i missed it i'll go back and look. ur being voted bcuz u dodged an easy ass question multiple times. i dont see why town ever does that.

im not pushing aphix for voting, it was how he did so that i dont understand.

im leaning newbtown on tatters because i see his logic common to newer ppl. that said its still bad logic behind reads.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

holy fuck im handwaving all the "pinging" me shit. the one decent thing u had in catchup was the MWAP wagon push part and even thats not that good imo.

Also while i agree ur a good town u and i both know that good town can be dead wrong. ur dead fucking wrong on me.

i think tone reads are bad so i dont really think its a good point.idk how to respond other than sorry ur wrong...

UNVOTE:

gonna reconsider things.

inb4 i get sred for leaving the wagon
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

oh and i need to explain why right? actually dunno what to say to mwap comment. i thought he legit scumslipped and a comment like that should never really be left alone. like any kind of comment like that from scum or town should be lynched. i didnt see any town motivation for it so i pushed for a wagon there
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

i mean when u see scum ur supposed to rally town to lynch em right? like as far as ik thats good play...

oh and yes lets talk.

also bcuz i think ive been a dick sorry skitters. i get rlly annoyed when ppl say "this is pinging me" multiple timesz. like once or twice i find ok but after that it gets annoying when its all from ione person. so i got a bit annoyed and was probably a dick so sawry.

i'll wxplain madtatters vote stuff tmmrrow i have to stufy rn. peeeeace
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by aphix »

Huh.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

damn aphix thats so eloquent and verbose
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by aphix »

I assume everyone doesn't want me to continue talking about how scummy you continue to be, but wanted to make sure I had a placeholder there so they knew.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by osuka »

VOTE: aphix
this is l-1 again

I don't want the wagon on paul to pick up again because i think he's town

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by aphix »

Well I know at least ONE thing that osuka is wrong about!
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 399, skitter30 wrote:Let's assume Aphix is scum (scenario 4). His partner must be within {Tatters, Paul, you, DP, Jae, and Ciara}. Who do you think is distancing from him or bussing him here? Someone has to be. Who is it?
other scum is in { DP, Jae, Ciara }. Probably DP or ciara
In post 399, skitter30 wrote:Now let's do the other one. Me and Aphix are both town (scenario 2). There must be two scum within {Tatters, Paul, you, DP, Jae, and Ciara}. Who do you think they are?
Two scum in { DP, Jae, Ciara }
I'll entertain this further later actually, but without making any associations at all I'd say DP/Ciara. This based only on individual reads

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 18
  • aphix
    ---------- 4 ( DoctorPepper, Ciara24, madtatters, osuka )
    L- 1

NotTheRealPaul
    - 2 ( Skitter30, aphix )
    L- 3

Not Voting
    ----- 2 ( NotTheRealPaul, JaeReed )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
FOS COUNT 2 . 18
  • NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Skitter30 )

Not FoS'ing
    ---- 7 ( JaeReed, Madtatters, osuka, aphix, Ciara24 )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-29 19:41:35)
GTKAS
| here.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 412, osuka wrote:VOTE: aphix
this is l-1 again

I don't want the wagon on paul to pick up again because i think he's town
Please reconsider him tomorrow after he undoubtedly hammers Aphix.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I know people get annoyed when I wall, so I'll spoiler this. It's more of my case against Paul, so I'd appreciate it if people actually read it.

Spoiler: @Paul
In post 405, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 404, DoctorPepper wrote:Can we stop with the associative tells until we actually lynch scum? Associative tells without a redflip hinge on assumptions we have very limited information on
^^^*^

if i missed it i'll go back and look. ur being voted bcuz u dodged an easy ass question multiple times. i dont see why town ever does that.

im not pushing aphix for voting, it was how he did so that i dont understand.

im leaning newbtown on tatters because i see his logic common to newer ppl. that said its still bad logic behind reads.
What don't you understand about his vote? It was an easy ass question with an obvious answer. Why are you asking him to justify it and not anyone else? He avoided it cuz it had a very obvious answer. Like, what were you looking for him to say already?
In post 407, NotTheRealPaul wrote:oh and i need to explain why right? actually dunno what to say to mwap comment. i thought he legit scumslipped and a comment like that should never really be left alone. like any kind of comment like that from scum or town should be lynched. i didnt see any town motivation for it so i pushed for a wagon there
In post 276, osuka wrote:it
is
poor form to question real life reasons when it comes to the game, but your activity is nonetheless shit, you should've left vla if you knew you weren't gonna have access and you haven't produced any content at all yet, not to mention the last post in which you gamethrew hard (regardless of alignment)

i'd say at least one of those is worst form than questioning rl
Genuinely frustrated. Scum does not get frustrated at a townie gamethrowing. Scum might get frustrated at a partner throwing, but MWAP flipped town, so we don't live in that universe. He's frustrated. Townpoints.
In post 262, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 258, Man With a Plan wrote:Damn. My wifi is back, finally. It's still day? Thought we'd be going night by now so I can at least get a kill (if my teammate agrees of course).
is this fucking serious?

someone fucking vote this. i swear to god
In post 263, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 259, aphix wrote:Welp, this game is going to be another shit show, and that right there is a good indicator I'm not going to be playing with MWAP again.
scumclaim 2? idk maybe its reachy but felt like a thing partner would say bcuz idk why town really posts this

*shrug*
In post 264, NotTheRealPaul wrote:everyones next post should include
VOTE: MWAP
You don't seem geninely frustrated in 262. More of that fake outrage I mentioned before. Like it's over the top and fake. You then took an incredibly reachy oppurtunity to set up the next mislynch. That was not in any way a scumclaim. I honestly don't see how your comment about Aphix making a scumclaim is any different than Aphix's comment about you making a scumslip. Literally no one called you out on this though besides Aphix, but Aphix is getting wagoned for the scumslip comment.

264 sounds like you're trying to force through a mislynch. You don't seem that frustrated about her, and you're asking for votes to be piled on her.
In post 406, NotTheRealPaul wrote:holy fuck im handwaving all the "pinging" me shit.
In post 318, NotTheRealPaul wrote:awwww. ur wrong already.
You started discrediting me here, and I hadn't said anything pinged me yet. In fact, the first thing that pinged me was that line.
In post 408, NotTheRealPaul wrote:i mean when u see scum ur supposed to rally town to lynch em right? like as far as ik thats good play...
You were advocating a policy-lynch.
In post 408, NotTheRealPaul wrote:also bcuz i think ive been a dick sorry skitters. i get rlly annoyed when ppl say "this is pinging me" multiple timesz. like once or twice i find ok but after that it gets annoying when its all from ione person. so i got a bit annoyed and was probably a dick so sawry.
Nah, you're fine. I think all of it AtE anyway lol, but it isn't working on me this time. Sorry for being aggressive! Also, I've explained what I dislike beyond 'pings', and I think I only said it like twice after the catchup lol.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by osuka »

in an universe where aphix flips town i'm willing to reconsider paul yes

you've made a good case but i'm confident that aphix will flip scum and i'm stubborn enough that i'd take my reads over yours any day. I hope i'm not fucking up here but if I am i'm sorry

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 418, osuka wrote:in an universe where aphix flips town i'm willing to reconsider paul yes

you've made a good case but i'm confident that aphix will flip scum and i'm stubborn enough that i'd take my reads over yours any day. I hope i'm not fucking up here but if I am i'm sorry
If you're town, don't worry about it too much lol; we're playing a game. I think you're wrong, and you think I'm wrong, and we're all good :)

If you're scum, you're doing exactly what you should be doing lol.

I'm not deluded enough to think that a Paul lynch is likely today, but I'm going to keep pushing it for tomorrow after we get the flips. That being said, I don't think I'm moving to any other wagon either. I'm certainly not moving to Aphix, because I townread him and I think the push/wagon on him is bad. I might be convinced to move to Jae or Ciara or
maybe
DP, but that's probably it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Also, I realized I forgot to mention:

@Ali/everyone: I'm always v/la on Shabbat and Jewish holidays

<
<
I
h
o
p
e
t
h
i
s
i
s
n
'
t
m
u
c
h
t
o
a
s
k
b
u
t
c
a
n
y
o
u
p
u
t
u
p
f
l
a
g
s
I
'
m
t
e
r
r
i
b
l
e
a
t
r
e
m
e
m
b
e
r
i
n
g
t
h
o
s
e
k
i
n
d
o
f
t
h
i
n
g
s
>
>

~
A
l
i
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 am

Post by aphix »

In post 418, osuka wrote:in an universe where aphix flips town i'm willing to reconsider paul yes

Well, good thing is osuka is probtown, I don't see scum playing "aphix is clearly scum" this well at all, and I've seen it a lot.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 420, skitter30 wrote:Also, I realized I forgot to mention:

@Ali/everyone: I'm always v/la on Shabbat and Jewish holidays

<
<
I
h
o
p
e
t
h
i
s
i
s
n
'
t
m
u
c
h
t
o
a
s
k
b
u
t
c
a
n
y
o
u
p
u
t
u
p
f
l
a
g
s
I
'
m
t
e
r
r
i
b
l
e
a
t
r
e
m
e
m
b
e
r
i
n
g
t
h
o
s
e
k
i
n
d
o
f
t
h
i
n
g
s
>
>

~
A
l
i
I will do my best!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 365, aphix wrote:
In post 264, NotTheRealPaul wrote:everyones next post should include
VOTE: MWAP
In post 266, NotTheRealPaul wrote:why the fuck does he flip town? do u think he intentionally being a little shit to get mislynched?
In post 361, NotTheRealPaul wrote:yes he got angry but content wise he provided nothing and was keeping with useless townie.
Scumslip.
In post 263, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 259, aphix wrote:Welp, this game is going to be another shit show, and that right there is a good indicator I'm not going to be playing with MWAP again.
scumclaim 2? idk maybe its reachy but felt like a thing partner would say bcuz idk why town really posts this

*shrug*
Can we talk about these two comments? How are they different from each other? Why is Aphix getting wagoned for saying Paul scumslipped, but no one besides Aphix called out Paul for saying that Aphix scumclaimed?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am

Post by osuka »

it's a package

everyone in this game without exception has posted bullshit at one point or another. I'm not advocating for an aphix lynch because of 365; in fact, i think that's not super weird or anything - I just called it out because it's just kinda forced since the push doesn't really make a lot of sense

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”