Mayweather v McGregor

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 35, rb wrote:It's the fact that he's probably the hardest hitting southpaw Floyd
In post 42, rb wrote:It's the fact he's actually a very cerebral fighter and he studies every opponent he's going to fight in great detail. Conor trains with fluidity and emphasizes being adaptive to whatever fighter he's against. All fighters do this to some extent but Conor really, really studies his fight matchups and I dare say that he's basically made his career off his punching power and his dedication to outstudying his opponent
In post 0, Killthestory wrote:conor is unlike anything floyds seen before. he's not going to give any fucking respect to his opponent or keep a normal stance. he'll bite ur fucking ear off and not care lol.,plus conor can alternative and he doesn't give a fuck whichever hand knocks him out.

if not any of those, the irishll never surrender. they'll fight tooth and nail for victor6, and conors with that enthusiasm and national pride.
In post 19, Killthestory wrote:boxing is just smacking people with ur gloves
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Killthestory »

"good faith" lol

@panzer, sorry i dont think i denied the irish thing. i also think i said i was joking. i also am not rb

oops
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by PJ. »

i've been refuting both you idiots

It's fine. Gotta enough fire for both you and him. It's cool man, I get it. You're poor and you're mad that Mayweather is not poor and you love the racist white guy. It's fine man. Be ignorant. Ride the dick. Then make sure you don't talk about Boxing or MMA after this fight because you don't know a fucking thing about either. You or RB.

dumb as rocks the both of you.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Killthestory »

"good faith"
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by PJ. »

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by PJ. »

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Killthestory »

lets make one thing clear, please shut up about how old i am. i know how old i am. i know im 14 and sound like a 14 year old, and thats fine. im a mere boy going through the world experiencing life and formulating my own opinions. i dont need you breathing down my neck "boy dont you sound mature" every fucking second because youre older and very clearly have been involved in more arguments than i have. i dont need your input on what i do and i definitely dont need you reminding me of my age. its fucking dumb and you dont do that to every other young scummer you just do it where it suits you. i dont care. let me learn on my own.

now for this whole argument panzer youve literally been saying shit that hasnt been correct. i said mcgregors legs were a great boon. what do you say? you go on to repeat me and belittle me because you cant read correctly and somehow thats my fault. i very clearly stated everything and never stated complete generalizations. mcgregor isnt the hardest hitter, hardest training fighter, best cerebral fighter, none of it. you come out to say that im wrong on shit i didnt even say because of your whole ego complex or whatever the fuck and then go on to say i know nothing.

as much as i love being demeaned by a ballistic fool as the next person, youre actually daft. im going to reiterate the important focal points in a more clear manner because youre challenged enough to not understand it. mcgregor is a hard hitting southpaw. obviously thats what mayweather has struggled with before. its something that has the potential to beat him and with conors lightning speed dashing in and out with his punches, being quick on his feet, itll prove challenging to mayweather. he may be the best defensive boxer holding multiple weight championships, but within mma, conor still holds great accomplishments for speed and power that can equate to boxing going with raw talent. also, diaz lost the second time. unless you want to ride diaz's dick about a supposed win on his side, it was mcgregors win.

we can also talk about how if you want to bring mcgregor up as a supposed racist for calling floyd a monkey once, lets bring up floyds wife beating or his general attitude that hes better than everyone. while you might not have any qualms about the second, unless you think calling a black person a monkey is any worse than beating a women, theres really nothing there to talk about. on the subject of monkeys, you seem to sling shit better than any monkey ive seen. you throw around insults hoping they stick but just look like a flea ridden pest with no better sense of judgement. id gladly call you a monkey, but id get in trouble for one thing or another.

on the topic of riding dicks too, ive only been trying to support mcgregor because i generally like him. i think hes got an amazing fighting spirit that not many people possess. i think the irish heart is a funny but still great thing. the worlds best fighters have commented on his heart and determination, and i think youve got to have the heart in it, to want it, to get it. he trains hard (lets not misinterpret this again he doesnt train the hardest) but hes really wanting to win this. he wants to win all fights. i respect that because its a commendable trait within a fighter. everybody wants to win, but losing is like physically suffering for him. i admire that, even. now, riding dicks on the other hand is going on to say "well muh fighter is the best fighter in the world fuck whatever you say he does what he wants." i mean, yeah, youve made good points about mayweather, but to go on to insult me and just be condescending about everyone who differs on opinion from you on mayweather is really suspicious in the regard of such a unique hobby.

mayweather on the other hand, as ive looked up on youtube, doesnt train as hard as ive seen him used to in his past videos. my most recent one i watched a couple days ago with the video originating from a couple days ago wasnt impressive. i looked and did my research and found nothing even close to decent in his training exercise for a huge star, and i think thats a byproduct of getting old. i asked for you to show me training recently because ive already researched it, mr panzer. i knew the fucking answer before i asked because in the off case i was wrong, i could become more informed, or you realized the mistake that the exercises he was to be doing wasnt as great as when he was younger. hes old. you can see it. hes slower. he might tire easier. hes still easily one of the best boxers in the world, but age always catches up to you.

like i honestly dont care enough to fill my entire post with insults, just enough to show that im not gonna sit here and be trampled upon again like i usually am when i give my opinions on the site. i think ur a funny guy panzer but i really dont need you chatting all this shit when ive been working day and night on highschool already and i especially dont need u telling me i shouldnt comment on shit i enjoy watching. i made this thread in the glory of the fighting because i really do love watching the ufc fights with my dad. i didnt make it to come on after finishing homework to chat complete shit with a slag because im done with the site circlejerking every different and maybe even potentially illogical opinion with such aggression. i wasnt too clear with what i was saying and i should be more explanatory with what i say, but again, dont chat shit. its a fucking internet thread about a fight we only watch. dont call me dumb as rocks over such petty shit again.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Killthestory »

ugh what a waste of time i have to go do geometry homework
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by rb »

I mean I think KTS has said some ridiculous stuff chamber but panzer isn't even remotely arguing in good faith.

He's literally telling people to shut up and calling people fucking idiots.
Last edited by rb on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by chamber »

He was. He stopped eventually. I don't think he started it.
Taking a break from the site.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Killthestory »

im sorry but there wasnt a point where i was poking anyone. there was a point where i was condescending but its hard to be completely steadfast within your opinion and also be nice at the same time when the general atmosphere around you and aimed toward is "ha your opinion sucks."

so i dont really think there is an anyone starting it nor do i think thats the most worthy argument to go down because "he started it hes a bad person." nobody is a bad person here.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by rb »

In post 85, chamber wrote:He was. He stopped eventually. I don't think he started it.
Can you point out the part where somebody was apparently arguing not in good faith that makes it fine for him to tell people to shutup and call them fucking idiots?

I think KTS' posts were silly but plenty of people responded without being assholes to him. It's a debate about a freaking sport, there's no reason to be an asshole about even the most ridiculous opinions.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 87, rb wrote:there's no reason to be an asshole
In post 87, rb wrote:It's a debate about a freaking sport
To be clear: quack
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Killthestory »

it doesnt really matter panzer was clearly frustrated with me and thats okay people can be frustrated its okay i was just frustrated with him but now im not and we can be friends
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 87, rb wrote:
In post 85, chamber wrote:He was. He stopped eventually. I don't think he started it.
Can you point out the part where somebody was apparently arguing not in good faith that makes it fine for him to tell people to shutup and call them fucking idiots?.
The part where you're a fucking idiot.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Killthestory »

and here i thought
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by rb »

In post 90, PJ. wrote:
In post 87, rb wrote:
Can you point out the part where somebody was apparently arguing not in good faith that makes it fine for him to tell people to shutup and call them fucking idiots?.
The part where you're a fucking idiot.
Considering the arguments you've made, you basically think this based just on strawmans and misinterpretations of my points.

And again we are discussing a sport. There's nothing personal involved here at all. If you're getting angry about discussions like these (at a 14 year old no less) you should probably rethink how invested you are in it.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by PJ. »

Your points have been just flat wrong. It's easy to accuse me of strawman Ning cause all your points are strawmen. Fiction not fact.

Conor isn't any more cerebral or adaptable then the next guy. He's not the hardest hitting southpaw or the hardest hitter period Mayweather has fought. He's not the biggest. He's not the strongest. His footwork is garbage by boxing standards.

And your first post was a vague "there are many reasons", cause what, there aren't. Conor is an amateur. He's been outboxed by mediocre boxers on more than one occasion.

But hey man, feel free to put your aussie dollars where your mouth is. Will that shut you up. I already got 500 on Mayweather by decision. I'm willing to put 200 american on Mayweather straight up if you are up for. And that's a fact.

Put up or shut up bb.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Killthestory »

you were right about one thing i am very poor and cannot afford 200 so i put 20 on conor is that enough for your standards
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm talking to rb. Let's go kid.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Killthestory »

ive beeen excluded from my own thread
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by rb »

Er I already have money on McGregor, but that's pretty much irrelevant.

In a thread discussing a topic you don't have to put money on anything to discuss it. You're also wrong that Conor isn't more adaptable than other fighters. It's literally what he does, he changes his style to counter others. Other fighters do it to an extent but they mostly work on refining their own techniques/increasing physical fitness.

That's why Conor is playing what looks like grabass with people with his Ido stuff, it's just exercises to maintain fluidity and keep him in flow. Yes its applicability to boxing is less as Zoraster said but I think that Conor's boxing looks MUCH better than it has in the past and that his previous fights are not accurate representations of where he's at now - and I think he's the sort of fighter who actually can redefine his entire style of fighting in this timeframe, coupled with a number of other advantages he has.

He's at disadvantages too, but I think his advantages outweigh that.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 68, PJ. wrote:I don't feel any of you, with the possible exception of Zor know what you are talking about and have just said dumb shit
my trunks vs. tighty whitey argument was solid
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

Agreed

Return to “General Discussion”