Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I'm trying to decide if I like the prospect of completely giving away our toggling levels. Repeating concerns, scum could kill off higher priority numbers if they themselves have a member with a high priority. If they are more mid to late priorities, I doubt they'll waste their time. They'd need a player with a level 3 - 1 before considering to kill off all higher priority roles in order to gain the upper hand in toggling.

Would it be better to instead come up with a rating system if we think knowing the toggling numbers is worthwhile? like high. mid. low.

1-4 high
58 mid
9 - 13 low
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I would imagine that for balance, scum are probably scattered a bit? Probably not anything too high though. Maybe mid - low range? It seems unbalanced for scum to have a high priority.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 15, Aubrey wrote:Actually VOTE: Chick you can find that question out for yourself. Trying to look helpful? :)
Is this an attempt at a serious vote on post 15 or are just wanting it to appear that way?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I mean I doubt scum would have like number 1 priority, but the priorities were somewhat randomized as the mod said. I'm not ruling anything out. If we are to state our priorities, something tells me we should categorize them instead of giving the number outright just in case they do have a 2 - 4 level priority member.

Also, having a high priority number shouldn't save you from the noose either. Scummy behavior is scummy regardless of priority.

--

Pre-edit: It was semi-serious.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Keychain »

Aubrey wrote: Would it be better to instead come up with a rating system if we think knowing the toggling numbers is worthwhile? like high. mid. low.

1-4 high
58 mid
9 - 13 low
That seems like it would give scum the advantage of knowing who they need to get out of the way, but without giving the analyst the ability to know exactly who is doing what by being able to identify priority numbers as particular players. Like... defeating the point of the strategy.

Also I think I'm mixed up. I thought having a high priority number (eg. 1, 2) would mean that the action would be executed first in a sequence, and would therefore be less valuable?
Though I suppose it makes more sense for it to be "in any group of actions, the highest priority one is used".
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1, kunkstar7 wrote:Priority levels will be distributed semi-randomly, with some predetermined criteria effecting distribution.
Semi-randomly

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 27, mozamis wrote:
In post 24, Raya36 wrote:@Moz What about suggesting a mass claim makes you think Radrat is town?
it's so unlikely to come from scum. sure, really clever/confident/gambity scum might try it, but it's really stickin gyour neck out early on, which MOST scum avoid. Plus in this specific case, he seems like he is thinking about the game, "game solving" etc
All town stuff.
Why do you feel it's unlikely to come from scum? The priority ranking seems like something they would like to know about. And the risk vs. reward is high enough at the beginning of the game to warrant that kind of action from scum. I'm not saying realeo is scum, just that it's not something to town read him for.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 55, Keychain wrote:
Aubrey wrote: Would it be better to instead come up with a rating system if we think knowing the toggling numbers is worthwhile? like high. mid. low.

1-4 high
58 mid
9 - 13 low
That seems like it would give scum the advantage of knowing who they need to get out of the way, but without giving the analyst the ability to know exactly who is doing what by being able to identify priority numbers as particular players. Like... defeating the point of the strategy.

Also I think I'm mixed up. I thought having a high priority number (eg. 1, 2) would mean that the action would be executed first in a sequence, and would therefore be less valuable?
Though I suppose it makes more sense for it to be "in any group of actions, the highest priority one is used".
If multiple people target the same person, the higher priority number takes precedent. 1 being the highest priority.

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Keychain »

Yeah, I don't know why I automatically jumped to thinking they would be executed in order. Unmixing myself now. Thanks.

Formerfish wrote:
In post 27, mozamis wrote:
In post 24, Raya36 wrote:@Moz What about suggesting a mass claim makes you think Radrat is town?
it's so unlikely to come from scum. sure, really clever/confident/gambity scum might try it, but it's really stickin gyour neck out early on, which MOST scum avoid. Plus in this specific case, he seems like he is thinking about the game, "game solving" etc
All town stuff.
Why do you feel it's unlikely to come from scum? The priority ranking seems like something they would like to know about. And the risk vs. reward is high enough at the beginning of the game to warrant that kind of action from scum.
I'm not saying realeo is scum
, just that it's not something to town read him for.
(bolding mine)

Did you mean Rat? He's the one who proposed the strategy.
In post 9, Nosferatu wrote: too many R's
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Yup, I did mean rat. You're right, too many r names.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Keychain »

So why do you think that scum would potentially propose a priority massclaim?

It sounds like you think the strategy would give scum an advantage in some way, or at least wouldn't disadvantage them - in which case, I'd have expected you to point that out, as a reason why we shouldn't be claiming.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by Realeo »

Oh yeah. Good question. Which one is excecuted first, player with low number or high number?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by Realeo »

Ah fuck.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Keychain »

:lol: glad I'm not the only one who got confused!
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 55, Keychain wrote:

1-4 high
58 mid
9 - 13 low
Frankly I don't see the analyst to be all that useful in this setup unless a certain situation unfolds. I'd be more worried about scum having a better grasp at the toggling than town, especially with that role cop around. We can always claim indefinitely later down the line.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1, kunkstar7 wrote:Priority levels range from 1 to 13, with 1 being the highest and 13 the lowest.
It's my understanding that regardless of how many people target the same person, the highest priority will take effect. That's the whole point of the priorities.

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 45, Keychain wrote:I'm not going to claim my priority just yet. I'd rather hash it out first.
The way mozamis jumped to claim before Rat had explained in full was suspicious

I'm not going to claim my priority just yet. I'd rather hash it out first. The way mozamis jumped to claim before Rat had explained in full was suspicious
"jumped" is a scummy, misreppy way of putting it. I in fact i had qualms, as is quite obvious if you look back over it.
fos keychain
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 45, Keychain wrote:This is a really odd middle ground to take. W
again, i dont like this, it looks like "shade".
The guy clearly wasnt quite sure what to do, which seems reasonable in a CONFUSING AS HELL game like this lol

Yeah, Keychain can get a vote

VOTE KEYCHAIN
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 57, Formerfish wrote:I'm not saying realeo is scum, just that it's not something to town read him for.
1) IT IS. It's not blending in. And it's so gamesolvy, he is putting ideas outthere, interested in the game. He's a helluva scum player if he is scum, but not many people are.
2) And man, if he wasnt town before, his whole convo with chickadee screamed town.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Realeo »

I like how you make one post for fos and one post for vote when the quote is from the same post.

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Moza, Keychain is fairly new. She's finding her bearings. I still have her as null, but I really think we need to give her time to develop to better read her.

My last experience playing with her seems similar to the experience you're having now. If she is town, and she can point herself in the right direction, she'll be great. She really has potential. If she's scum, I think we'll see it fairly soon.

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by mozamis »

no harm in putting pressure on her though.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Fair. I just feel like knowing she's new should give you some perspective into how and why she plays the way she does.

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by mozamis »

good call, all info is good :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”