NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:04 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 1022, Varsoon wrote:On it, boss.
Today I learned that in spite of me being the backseat of us for the whole game, I am still classified as being the boss.
:P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

Backseat driver, Holy Diver
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:27 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

Btw not really VCA so much as general reads, but.
Cephrir, hiplop, MariaR, Sakura Hana
IF (and this is indeed an 'if') there were scum on the baku/munna wagon, it'd be in this bloc. Generally we're thinking 0-2 scum as the range, most likely one but if not one more likely zero than two. Basically the baku/munna wagon was really really really towndriven. It might not be all town but I don't expect half the scumteam to be bussing on there.
Desperado (3): Floodgates, hebichan, baku and munna
drealmerz7 (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Nosferatu
Imperium (1): Syryana
Varsoon (1): Desperado
In here, then, we'd expect 1-3 scum. Most likely 2 but more likely 3 than 1. General consensus is that LLD is probably town. Nosferatu is more iffy (especially from me), but less likely to be scum than most.
That leaves 1-3 scum in hebichan/Syryana/Desperado.
Desperado is just an obvious scumfuck.

I'm not going to really attempt to be more specific than that though because I really don't need to be.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

i think i've lost my immunity, born of repeated exposure, to responding to mastina mastinaing with impotent rage.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:44 am

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

This readslist is Jae-approved.

Imperium
Regfan/GuyInFreezer
Brian Skies
drealmerz7
Lady Lambdadelta
MariaR
hiplop
Cephrir
Nosferatu
hebichan
Sakura Hana
Syryana
Desperado/Sunlit Diamond

More or less anyway. :P
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 1023, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:This could be of use though if we get mod confirmation that dreams and dreams ONLY can receive it
Highly doubt it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

VOTE: Desperado
I guess ill go back to the "obvious scumfuck" wagon, then.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by morph the cat »

VC 2-2 Minor

Desperado
(4): NoticeMeSenpai, Varsoon, hebichan, Sakura Hana
hebichan
(1): Brian Skies
Varsoon
(1): Syryana
Cephrir
(1): MariaR

Not Voting
(8): Nosferatu, Imperium, drealmerz7, Desperado, Lady Lambdadelta, hiplop, Regfan, Cephrir

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Dream Timer:

Day 2 Dream Choice
1. "I Woke Up Before I Hit the Ground"
2. "Murder and Mayhem"
3. "Sheeting Rain, Such a Storm"

Vote for the dream of your choice by PMing the mod.

At the end of day 2, information about the dream that receives the most votes will be revealed.

You will be able to finalize your dream choice during the Moonrise phase.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

VOTE: Desp
oh hey, varsoon decided to bus
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Regfan »

I've got a bunch of thoughts and reads with the flip but don't think I can go into them properly here at work and won't be heading home tonight.

Also kind of want to see where Imperiums (and a few other players) heads are at with the flip given they'd not actually got around to catching up yesterday and don't really want their thoughts completed tinted by where I'm at now. Will say I don't think Varsoons hammer is a scum tell at all; I think scum would be more inclined to try and time out the day rather than actually hammering and I believe that he thought there was moonlight chat in the thread, really don't think that's something he'd lie about here.

I'd agree that Dream 2 sounds like some sort of killing power increase in the game like a vig and it's not something we really need in the game right now. I think having 10 people submit Dream 1 and the remaining 6 submit dream 3 means we can remove Dream 2 from the equation; we can learn what Dream 1 does and if we don't like it take Dream 3 instead. If anyone has a good argument for why we shouldn't ditch Dream 2 or why they prefer Dream 3 over Dream 1 as the 10 voter best to make it known soon as I'd like to lock down what we're doing and spend the rest of the day just scumhunting.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

dunno how you have such a strong stop TR on imperium, NMS

but I'm liking your list for the most part, not really sure at all about desperado either
balance among all things
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1016, Varsoon wrote:And now look at these chumps who, immediately--the second the day phase begins--are trying to turn this into a "Well obviously it's Varsoon scum bussing" narrative.
Nevermind everything that points to the contrary.
Nevermind that pushing a scum read right now is literally the weakest play--chump moves that I already called out as what we should expect from scrambling scum and those who follow them.
Nevermind the fact I very clearly thought Moonrise phase would be a phase where we could talk post-lynch but pre-dream/night, which is reflective of a town mindset.
Who's doing the rhetoric on the what now? I make about a two line post saying the effect of I hated your 866 and I didn't like your voting trajectory and you respond with the above?

1st Nevermind) Everything does
not
point to the contrary. Your vote on Baku in is the first time you mention the slot at all in the game. You don't particularly seem to think they're scum (or care for that matter) but hey, "let's end the day" right? You then move your vote from Baku to Hebichan in because ?????? and the only other thing in your ISO indicating a scumread on THAT slot is in , which has a lot of buzzwords like "empty-feeling posting" and "reachy, flimsy, scum-painty case on me" etc but doesn't actually highlight anything from them that those words are meant to indicate. That was a chophole of a sentence but damned if you aren't scum painting the shit out of hebi for scumreading you. Like the scum-painty part really gets me. and are scum painty? Really? Flimsy is perhaps the only reasonable characterization of their "case", if you really want to call it that. No.

2nd Nevermind) I don't even know what this means.

3rd Nevermind) "I did a town thing and you should be townreading me for it". Please.

Absolutely damned happy with my vote.
In post 1018, Varsoon wrote:Can't figure out if you have no reading comprehension whatsoever AND you're bad at this game, or if you're just scum creating a narrative.
Nothing about my 866 says "woe is me" over not being townread. If anything, the post ends on the fucking note that I'm glad I'm not a global townread.
If this is the quality of content you're going to come into the game with, and the level of insult you're going to lay down as your baseline, you need to stop.
I'm not even being insulting. And accusing me of reading comprehension when I clearly said "his votes are utter shit" and not "Varsoon is utter shit" is disingenuous at best. I outlined above why I don't like your voting pattern and your set off alarm bells for days. I'll outline why in a separate post because I suspect this one is gonna be wally enough. Sorry if you thought I was being a dick, but I wasn't.
In post 1022, Varsoon wrote:Syryana's play tows a very obvious line for scum to pull, especially after Sakura already comes in and sets up for a Varsoon wagon.
As a catch-up into the game, what Syryana has laid down is:
Voting for an easy wagon on town that's had vocal support
Employing inciting rhetoric towards a player that's had a history of blowing up in response to that sort of thing
Producing very little other content that doesn't parrot mass-held opinions.

I'm not voting there, but I do think that the whole intent of Syryana's entry today is to try to get me to wall up against the slot and eat a lynch over it.
I'm not going to take that bait, but I will call it out for what it is.
Sets up for a Varsoon wagon? That one post about "oh I don't know what to do about Varsoon and Desp"??? Yeah, let me jump right on that super steamy wagon that, oh wait, I'm the only one on it atm. As for "inciting rhetoric" there's 2 big ol' problems with that one. One, I've got me a nice mafia buzzword counter and between you and me guess who's winning? Two, I've played with you what, once in the last two years? I think Xenogears was the last time we played together. I have no clue what triggers you and trying to paint me as some kind of meta-mastermind that's baiting you into exploding is just mind blowing.

Eat rope, scum.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

My god, Syry made a wall post.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 866, Varsoon wrote:I know that there's some contention over my slot and I'd like to speak towards that and what it means for me, Regfan.
Out the gates, I did have stronger posts. That's just the case. I immediately was met with more than one townread.
However, as I slouched, so did opinion of me. Only natural, right?
I don't really think so. I feel that the shift in perspective on my slot from a universal townread to being near the bottom of most lists was a scum-oriented effort.
That said, it does become difficult to parse out just exactly who is town duped by it and who is scum taking advantage of my play not being consistent to where it was the moment we began.
I think this is probably the first time I've ever seen someone say "Scum made an effort to make me look scummy". I... don't even know where to begin with that. Like, what, you get townread, vanish off the face of the earth and are then suddenly you come back and are scumread and there's a conspiracy that made you look scummy? I just don't understand how town ever thinks this.
In post 866, Varsoon wrote:This does afford me some unique perspective. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that NMS is town. That slot has a strong read on me informed by gut, but that gut is informed by having lots of shared games where I have been in a similar position. I have no doubts that Mastina would have me hanging from the rope if they were scum--especially with Jae continuing to inform the slot. Their early TR on me was something they've had lots of time to back away from and, at this point, would serve them nothing at all to continue to hold onto. Plenty of other players were outspoken about me being quite town and now say things like that townread is "effectively gone." It would be an easy way to back away and put me in very real territory to be lynched within the first three days.
This is a lot of words that essentially boils down to "I think NMS is town because they think I'm town." I don't think this is particularly AI but I do think you can do better than that.
In post 866, Varsoon wrote:I'm not just letting people's read progression on me paint my own reads--there's a lot else going on there, too. I also don't want you to think that I am not paying attention, following along, and critically engaging. The big thing is that I just don't have the time to make posts this long on a regular basis. I don't have time to respond several times or build a bunch right now. This game, frankly, doesn't need it. I've established myself and what I want firmly enough, imo. Could I do more to lead? Sure. But I don't think that is what would be best for town, given my limited capacity to contribute. Is more contribution of content from me going to better this game for town? Not really--I've put enough down as is and, moving forward, putting more down will only serve to clog this game up.

I will say that I was a bit frustrated when I began this game. I was told that the vetting process would be fairly strict, and that there was concern (given my shaky start on this site) that I just wasn't up to snuff.
I had to make a case for myself being a better player with worthwhile contributions to games, as both alignments.
My most recent games, luckily, fit that bill.
However, my frustration came from taking this game very seriously right out the gate and seeing several players being very off-the-cuff and playful and not really giving it their best foot forward, especially given the whole premise of this game being for stronger players to make stronger plays.
I still want to contribute that quality of play, but the way that everyone else hit this game, it made me lose a bit of that initial posture--it made me take this less seriously, especially since I had less time to invest, anyway.

I know this post is getting to be a bit of a wall, so I'll cut it here.
In the future, don't expect my posts to be this long--both because they don't need to be and because I don't have the time.
That doesn't mean I'm not here, or that I'm a weaker force to be reckoned with. I am still holding myself to the same standard.
It just means there's a different mode of engagement. Honestly, it's afforded interactions that are a lot better than everyone sucking me off and catching an NK for it.
This is where I got the "woe is me" part. I absolutely despised this part; I feel like the whole thing is orchestrated to pull at my heartstrings while simultaneously excusing a lack of effort. I just cannot, no matter how many times I read this, feel that this is genuine. I know this makes me a massive cunt if I'm wrong, but God help me I think this comes from scum.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Liking syry's posting btw.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Another thing im wondering is why did floodgates die.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Maybe nacho's actually scum?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1038, Syryana wrote:I just cannot, no matter how many times I read this, feel that this is genuine.
What about it do you find disingenuous? I think Varsoon came into this game a little aggressively and his engagement did drop off a bit since then. I feel like his explanation makes some sense in regards to his play.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

At least you can back up why you're wrong. Doesn't make me feel any better about your slot, though.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:18 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1027, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:Btw not really VCA so much as general reads, but.
Cephrir, hiplop, MariaR, Sakura Hana
IF (and this is indeed an 'if') there were scum on the baku/munna wagon, it'd be in this bloc. Generally we're thinking 0-2 scum as the range, most likely one but if not one more likely zero than two. Basically the baku/munna wagon was really really really towndriven. It might not be all town but I don't expect half the scumteam to be bussing on there.
Desperado (3): Floodgates, hebichan, baku and munna
drealmerz7 (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Nosferatu
Imperium (1): Syryana
Varsoon (1): Desperado
In here, then, we'd expect 1-3 scum. Most likely 2 but more likely 3 than 1. General consensus is that LLD is probably town. Nosferatu is more iffy (especially from me), but less likely to be scum than most.
That leaves 1-3 scum in hebichan/Syryana/Desperado.
Desperado is just an obvious scumfuck.

I'm not going to really attempt to be more specific than that though because I really don't need to be.
so not only was the scum team completely decimated, but no one ever tried to do anything about it all day?

this post is a crock of shit
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1016, Varsoon wrote:Image

GET DUNKED, SCUM

And now look at these chumps who, immediately--the second the day phase begins--are trying to turn this into a "Well obviously it's Varsoon scum bussing" narrative.
Nevermind everything that points to the contrary.
Nevermind that pushing a scum read right now is literally the weakest play--chump moves that I already called out as what we should expect from scrambling scum and those who follow them.
Nevermind the fact I very clearly thought Moonrise phase would be a phase where we could talk post-lynch but pre-dream/night, which is reflective of a town mindset.

All I have to say is that, if you somehow went into today thinking I'm scum based on what happened with the lynch, you better damn well explain yourself.
is this guy seriously taking credit for a lynch that had already been intent'd and he had virtually nothing to do with?

:roll:
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1022, Varsoon wrote:I didn't like the stalling we kept getting from him, either.
come again?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1024, hebichan wrote:Yeah, I am starting to feel better about my rads now and desperado/sunlitwere scummy all of yesterday including defending baku a lot.

VOTE: Desperado
:neutral:

care to talk about any of the reads you're feeling better about or...?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:28 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1029, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:This readslist is Jae-approved.

Imperium
Regfan/GuyInFreezer
Brian Skies
drealmerz7
Lady Lambdadelta
MariaR
hiplop
Cephrir
Nosferatu
hebichan
Sakura Hana
Syryana
Desperado/Sunlit Diamond

More or less anyway. :P

3 of your top 5 town reads didn't vote baku and yet somehow there's likely 0-1 scum on that wagon

????
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:30 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1033, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: Desp
oh hey, varsoon decided to bus