Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by osuka »

@skitter: paul feels genuine in the way only he does and it's normal for town paul to do things that are normally weird, like the vote shenanigans he's been pulling in the last two pages or so - so most of those things, that would normally be a tell, are actually nai for him

pedit: nice misrep aphix
paul meant there was no kill on night 1. Skitters is the obvious nk tonight (assuming she was shot - that's a very safe assumption to make)

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 566, JaeReed wrote:I was scumhunting early on.
I've been thinking about my reads all fucking d2 while working and shit. Like, come on man

Yeah, but we haven't seen like any of that. You haven't shown us any of those reads. Best I got out of you today is a weird flip-flop on Paul. You think he made the kill, but you were reluctant to share that for most of the day, you threw shade on my defense of Aphix, you wouldn't discuss Paul for most of the day, and now you want to vote Tatters, conveniently right after Paul brings the idea up.
In post 554, NotTheRealPaul wrote:think if jae flips scum, tatters should be lynched next and then aphix.
In post 556, JaeReed wrote:VOTE: Madtatters
Don't know where I stand so just voting who I don't want in lylo at this stage.
Like,this is a freaking awful vote on someone who I'm sure you know quite well is never getting lynched today. Do you really think you can get Tatters lynched in the next 48 hours? That's not a thing that's happening in this gamestate. This vote is a copout and you're basically avoiding giving a stance on any of the major wagons.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 575, osuka wrote:@skitter: paul feels genuine in the way only he does and it's normal for town paul to do things that are normally weird, like the vote shenanigans he's been pulling in the last two pages or so - so most of those things, that would normally be a tell, are actually nai for him

paul meant there was no kill on night 1. Skitters is the obvious nk tonight (assuming she was shot - that's a very safe assumption to make)
Again, without meta. What did he do in *this* game that makes you think he's town.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 2 . 25
  • aphix
    ---------- 3 ( DoctorPepper, Ciara24, NotTheRealPaul )
    L- 2

NotTheRealPaul
    - 2 ( Skitter30, aphix )
    L- 3

JaeReed
    -------- 1 ( osuka )
    L- 4

Madtatters
    ----- 1 ( JaeReed )
    L- 4

Not Voting
    ----- 1 ( Madtatters )
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-31 19:41:35)
FOS COUNT 2 . 25
  • NotTheRealPaul
    - 1 ( Skitter30 )

Not FoS'ing
    ---- 7 ( JaeReed, Madtatters, osuka, aphix, Ciara24 )
With 8 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch
Deadline is in (expired on 2017-08-31 19:41:35)
Last edited by Alisae on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GTKAS
| here.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 569, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@aphix: u know the funny thing is if this is tvt we are all fucking retards
I think there's a non zero chance that all of us are town yea
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 569, NotTheRealPaul wrote:At the same time though when they kinda jump from wagon to wagon and are super sheepy.
this is the main reason I don't want tatters in lylo. I'm lacking in a confident scumread but if all else fails I think trying to aim for a weaker read that might be scum, might be town but will probably not be good to have in lylo is a non shit lynch
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 579, JaeReed wrote:
In post 569, NotTheRealPaul wrote:@aphix: u know the funny thing is if this is tvt we are all fucking retards
I think there's a non zero chance that all of us are town yea
you've been bamboozled by the alisae

hand over your credit card or e will shoot ya

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 573, aphix wrote:Okay. So first Paul says there is a no kill. Now skitters most likely dying tonight means he has to change plans.im still telling you all there is a shit all disconnect between yesterday's thoughts and today's on the policy lynch yesterday. Even throw in the I guess I'll lynch myself then the added outrage of fuck that it's a horrible plan. Like you can't make this stuff up.
I don't think scum plays like that.
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

@aphix if ur gonna sr me for letting my thoughts vomit onto my keyboard then idk what to say. ur logic with jae doesnt even make sense.If im scum with jae then im literally setting u and him up to be tred. He hardbusses and gets major towncred. Plus do u think scum!me gets so frustrated at a grdlocked gamestate that I offer to help lynch myself? Like if im scum i stick with u the entire time and never waver.

pedit:

@skitters thought of that. Already said literally that. So fuck lynching me. If there was a kill yest maybe but nah. U can sr me all u want idgaf anymore. Im using AtE on everyone. Ur acting like not wanting to be lynched is scummy. Holy fuck.

@osuka no. aphix or jae. tatters is my comprimise

@aphix wut? agree on date part. Fuck MS have fun.

lol i have somethind id love to bring up with skitters but cant bcuz ongoing games

@jae nah its possible and hilarious. That said yea its prob unlikely.

honestly im prob replacing out overnight cuz ive stopped giving shits about this game.

when the pedit longer than the post
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 576, skitter30 wrote:Like,this is a freaking awful vote on someone who I'm sure you know quite well is never getting lynched today. Do you really think you can get Tatters lynched in the next 48 hours? That's not a thing that's happening in this gamestate. This vote is a copout and you're basically avoiding giving a stance on any of the major wagons.
Yes, actually!
Flashwagons are a thing!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

B
l
a
c
k
V
o
i
d
r
e
p
l
a
c
e
s
C
i
a
r
a
u
p
o
n
t
h
e
i
r
n
e
x
t
p
o
s
t
I
h
o
p
e
y
o
u
e
n
j
o
y
y
o
u
r
h
o
u
r
e
x
t
e
n
s
i
o
n

U
p
d
a
t
i
n
g
t
h
e
l
a
t
e
s
t
v
o
t
e
c
o
u
n
t
t
o
r
e
f
l
e
c
t
t
h
i
s
GTKAS
| here.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 577, skitter30 wrote:
In post 575, osuka wrote:@skitter: paul feels genuine in the way only he does and it's normal for town paul to do things that are normally weird, like the vote shenanigans he's been pulling in the last two pages or so - so most of those things, that would normally be a tell, are actually nai for him

Again, without meta. What did he do in *this* game that makes you think he's town.
that's a shitty proposition yeah

you know how you read people and then nobody goes "but yeah without [something] what about it"
well I don't fucking know how to pick something that I can read without any meta. I know it's paul, so naturally i'm gonna judge whether it's towny or not based on my view of paul's game. I am innately biased because I like to think i know how he plays, so there is zero point in pretending i can pick some part of his game and go "this is towny and would be universally so", because that's bullshit - so i might as well drop the veil right now and tell you that it is very much a meta read but it's a strong one because his game has been very consistently towny (albeit in his way). I'm 90-10 confident that he'll flip town

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by osuka »

@paul please don't replace out :(

BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Hi guys!

@Alisae, can we make it 72 hours? 48 is rather a short time to catch up and contribute meaningfully.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by aphix »

Well all I can say is it's Jae or Paul for me. Although at this point I think I'd prefer to sort Paul. Because IMO that gives us the most information I think the most people have made a stance with paul at this point.

PEDIT: fuck this is getting awful I can't post without five posts coming in.

Jae: I think he's posting this way to look town. It doesn't look right. It's a classic frustrated townie play. It could be scripted. You would see this shit in a fucking wikipedia article. Combined that with everything else. It's crap.

NTRP: Yes if you are scum buddies with Jae this whole shit show looks completely legit play. Also, your frustration and AtE look faked. Period.

Add in the now threat to replace out ...

PEDIT 2: Alisae can you update VC to have the correct number of players?

PEDIT 3: STOP POSTING

PEDIT 4: DAMNIT BLACKVOID
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

bye. hw to do. might come back and post tommorrow. might come back and post at deadline. Might not post till D3.

pedit: YAY REPLACEMENT. solve the game thanks
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@Paul:

I can't freaking get you lynched and I've been trying for two weeks. If it doesn't happen today it doesn't happen. That's why I've been trying so hard.

And you're misrepping me. I've never said that acting like you don't want to be lynched is scummy. I'm saying that you're pulling this 'So just fuckign lynch me' bullshit as an AtE ploy on me because you know it's worked on me in the past.

@Jae: Go enjoy your date :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Yay Blackvoid! Let's not misread each other this time lolol :)
NotTheRealPaul
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
NotTheRealPaul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by NotTheRealPaul »

In post 587, osuka wrote:@paul please don't replace out :(
osuka has me poxketed. lol

gg if ur scum lol

okay bye fr.

also bv hi! can u plz lynch aphix with me? skitters is being a pain
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 583, NotTheRealPaul wrote:honestly im prob replacing out overnight cuz ive stopped giving shits about this game.
Whoa, hang on right there. A big part of the reason I replaced in was because I saw you were being obvtown and I thought this might be fun to bounce ideas around.

@Skitter, don't think it'll be a problem this time on my end. :wink:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 586, osuka wrote:

you know how you read people and then nobody goes "but yeah without [something] what about it"
well I don't fucking know how to pick something that I can read without any meta. I know it's paul, so naturally i'm gonna judge whether it's towny or not based on my view of paul's game. I am innately biased because I like to think i know how he plays, so there is zero point in pretending i can pick some part of his game and go "this is towny and would be universally so", because that's bullshit - so i might as well drop the veil right now and tell you that it is very much a meta read but it's a strong one because his game has been very consistently towny (albeit in his way). I'm 90-10 confident that he'll flip town
Fine. So my counter-argument is that based on my meta with him, there's no freaking way he's town here. Town!Paul doesn't interact with me that way. He's paranoid of me and sheeps me despite that. He does *not* immediately try to discredit me. He doesn't do this fake bravado BS that he's been doing for the entire day. I can literally point to posts where he's said that.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 588, BlackVoid wrote:@Alisae, can we make it 72 hours? 48 is rather a short time to catch up and contribute meaningfully.
In post 589, aphix wrote:PEDIT 2: Alisae can you update VC to have the correct number of players?
In post 1, Alisae wrote:> Questions for me may be made either via PM or in the thread. If you ask a question in thread, please ensure you bold your question and begin with it with the tag "@mod" or "@Alisae" or "@Ali" so I am more likely to notice it.
Did I stutter?
GTKAS
| here.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 595, skitter30 wrote:
In post 586, osuka wrote:

Fine. So my counter-argument is that based on my meta with him, there's no freaking way he's town here. Town!Paul doesn't interact with me that way. He's paranoid of me and sheeps me despite that. He does *not* immediately try to discredit me. He doesn't do this fake bravado BS that he's been doing for the entire day. I can literally point to posts where he's said that.
i'd love to sheep you but i'm too stubborn to do that. I know you're being genuine because you're conftown but i really don't think he's scum

i have shit reads on this game but he is not one of them

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Alisae »

B
u
t
y