VNB National Plan (1)
~ Caryatid

Not Voting (5)
~ camn, Imperium, VNB National Plan, Kmd4390, Prism

8 alive ~ 5 for majority.
Deadline Meter:
94%
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Prism »

The point is that
I don't slowroll, I'm a coldblooded killer who doesn't give a fuck about you.
Either it's me+VNB+Ginngie or I'm not scum at all.

Whatever Imperium is holding back, it's not another roleblock. I don't give a fuck what they have up their sleeve.

You dug into my reading Mastina, and missed a large part. I scumread Mastina's weird claim to open because she spent half of camn's revenge bragging about her scumplay and master gambits and basically being 3x smarter and more clever than any human being actually is, but I didn't think it was hardscum. Her reaction to Spiffeh I took as
very
similar to camn's revenge and you'll find that reflected in my posting.

There is literally only one possible world in which I am scum. Sure, try to figure out if it's that possible world, but there are
two people to read first who can actually be part of multiple scumteams, not just one
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Actually I guess there is something to be said for reading
only
me, in that if you nail me you'd get all 3 for free.

I'm just getting really annoyed because I already know that's an impossibility and that this is a goose chase leading to nowhere and that the two people who would have to be my scum partners can again actually be part of multiple teams, rather than just one, and are therefore more worth reading.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Post by Caryatid »

In post 66, Prism wrote:Specifically, use of "I" language really makes me doubt that it's either well thoughtout or discussed. Discussion of a gambit along the lines of "Hey I'm going to do this is that cool?" "Sure" more likely.
This nitpicky and so is but I think Prism might just that kind of player and that it's null, but I'm going to look through the games she linked to check.

Scum:
In Mini 1838, the main thing that's sticking out at me is she goes on these rambles about mafia theory here and there. She's not particularly nitpicky though; she's careful to attack people for reasons she can substantiate, call their posts bad or says she doesn't like their vote or whatever but doesn't get nitpicky about language actually. There's another thing she's doing here that I don't want to say what it is in case it turns out to be an actual tell for her.

In Owners Market, she again spends a while early on talking about mafia theory and setup stuff. Doesn't do the thing I noticed in 1838 though so maybe not an actual tell.

In Sakura wars she seems to be signing in her hydra so I'll read it. She does the setup spec thing again !!! Also, I think Prism as scum realises that this kind of nitpicky stuff that pings her as town just isn't compelling to anybody but her so she doesn't bother trying to emulate it because nitpicking and semantics are usually considered a scumtell.

Miss list - more setup spec, no nitpicking.

Town:
Newbie 1805 - she does do some setup spec here because it's a newbie and she likes that bp strategy but she doesn't open with it. she's not as distracted by it as she gets in her scumgames. Also, some of the other posts in her iso make it clear that she didn't start it. Also, she seems to be sort of filling in as an SE for a string of absentee ICs. I'll be more interested in if she does this outside the newbie queue. She's also a lot less nitpicky than she was here, at least early on.

British Monarchy - she opens nitpicking a smiley, and then someone's use of the phrase "never change". And she doesn't get distracted by rambling about mafia theory or setup spec!

Trial of the Evoker - she opens respondign to some setup spec but calls ita distraction and says she doesn't want to talk about it anymore. she does get distracted whining about hydras. Someone else accuses of her nitpicking in here and she says she's not being nitpicky. she's not being nitpicky the way she was this game but her reads do have a bit of squirrlyness to them like she's thinking several layers deep and squinting really hard. I think as scum she relies more on charisma and presenting her thoughts in ways others will find compelling than she does even in games like this where she's not being that nitpicky. Also, she uses a lot of bold in her ISO here which is what I was noticing in the first scum game I looked at and remembering she hadn't used much bold here but I think now that this just doesn't mean anything either way, some games she uses more some games she uses less and it doesn't seem correlated with her alignment at all.

Buttersnap - Opens with a little setup spec. maybe that's not a tell for her. ohhhh she seems to have a post restriction that she has to talk about the mod or praise him in all her posts. that kind of explains the setup talk. k. she's also coming in fairly late here and I can't figure out what she's saying in her first substantial post at all. Scum vegito attacks her for nitpicking here actually and she defends her right to find things noteworthy that other people don't care about. I can't understand any of her poitns in 417 either. what the hell. I'm kinda dizzy too. gonna move on to the next game.

perfect blue - i can't understand any of these posts :( i think they're not about setup spec?

can't words anymore, maybe more words later today. thought it was gonna scumread her entrance but now think this nitpicking not trying to be compelling more likely town but need to read rest of iso need to think more. just this snetrance is a better time that it thought it were
Show
Carried the weight of erechtheion's marble
Thousands of years while she held her head high
Sisters alone with their burdens unspeaking
Carried the weight of erect

Six caryatids ashamed by their brethren
Standing together but each one alone
Weathered millennia of pity eroding
Six caryatids ashamed
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by camn »

You haven't tried to convince me you are town all day.
You can't look me in the eye in the face of your betrayal of my trust, can you?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Post by camn »

Hm.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
VNB National Plan
VNB National Plan
Goon
VNB National Plan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Post by VNB National Plan »

In post 2254, camn wrote:You haven't tried to convince me you are town all day.
Suddenly this has become the Days of our Lives

Bella is annoyed Cary didn't respond to her anger post. I understand since she's very busy trying to prove my masonized friend is scum and we're prolonging the game because we really, really hate you all. I find you frighteningly persuasive so I'm quite glad I made it impossible for you to talk me out of suspecting you, Carya.
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 2254, camn wrote:You haven't tried to convince me you are town all day.
I am town for my scumhunting and town for my play and town for my role PM which I can't post into the game thread. If I were scum I would have targetted Ginngie, not Prism last night. Ginngie was townreading me, I could have said I wasn't worried about her anymore or that I trusted Nacho-who-probably-hasn't-read-her-recent-posts and Mastina-who-I-didn't-really-trust to read her correctly. I crumbhunt as both alignments but I think I would have understood Shadoweh's crumbs if I were scum because I would have enough information about the setup to understand what she was saying. If I were scum, I would have known there was a possibility that someone would investigate me and would have been on the alert for it; I would have understood what Prism was doing in the neighbourhood instead of being utterly baffled by why she was saying she was pretty sure I was scum. And if I hadn't understood it then, I would have understood it when VNB wanted me to be one of the first to claim when I'd been one of their top townreads but I didn't understand because I'm town so it's impossible for someone to have a guilty on me. I am not actually capable of faking emotion as scum so I have to get the job done with my real emotions.

And I'm town because I have spent as much of the day as I could doing ISOs instead of writing a towncase for myself, and because I am going to return to that activity after this interlude because everyone is sitting around waiting for me to solve the game for them.

@Bella your anger post made me laugh: I am indeed not Thor the Crayola God.... but i found this on google

Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 84, Prism wrote:
In post 83, Ginngie wrote:Okay again, there is nothing alignment indicative there.

Explain or get a vote
Too bad I don't care what you think and have already done both of the latter.
this is confusing because nobody is voting prism so why does she says she's done both of get a vote?

I still like after all this time because i mix up words too. probably null but i like it anyway. spekaing of which i should probably translate what i was trying to say earlier:
translation wrote:
In post 2253, Caryatid wrote:can't words anymore, maybe more words later today. thought it was gonna scumread her entrance but now think this nitpicking not trying to be compelling more likely town but need to read rest of iso need to think more. just this snetrance is a better time that it thought it were
I can't do words anymore, but maybe I can do more words later today. I thought that I was going to scumread her entrance, but now I think that this nitpicking and this not trying to be compelling is more likely to come from townPrism but I need to read the rest of her ISO first and think about it some more. It's just that this entrance is a better sign than I thought it was.
--
In post 103, Prism wrote:Yes, I am 100% sure of mastina's alignment based off of this single thing alone, having played with them a grand total of once and having never paid much attention to her during that time.
Which of the two games that you played with her did you mean here?

--

Spoiler: matching
In post 107, Prism wrote:
In post 105, Ginngie wrote:I honestly dont get the sarcasm.

I obviously don't understand what you're thinking here.
I think a gambit setup (scum) is marginally more likely than a legitimate soft (town). That is literally it. My first guess after reading the first 2/3 pages. Specifically, I think the off-the-cuff response to Heartless immediately giving some loose detail is more likely to indicate the former (scum mastina trying something with quick "ok" from jae) than the latter (mastina/jae having talked out exactly how to claim). Neither of them could be true. Town Mastina might just have gone with it.

This is a first pass, not me knowing the ins and outs of mastina's mind, not me deathtunneling mastina.

This is a toss it out, let's see where this goes and what people's reactions are to it deal.

You got quotes because a page of asking shit I've already answered is exactly what I didn't want.
matches
In post 341, Prism wrote:
In post 338, Vegito wrote:You mean a little blurb highlighting ten posts from 250 posts ago?
Why does this render it irrelevant or unimportant? Why should I feel compelled to take note of posts I find altogether disinteresting and comparatively more difficult to parse for alignment?
In post 338, Vegito wrote:Sorry, mate, the game moved on. Try harder.
Yet, it has not.

Am I not giving thoughts, or am I not giving the thoughts that
you
want? If the answer is the latter, what specifically are you looking for my thoughts on-you've already gotten my blanket statement for posts outside of the sequence.

Belisarius, thank you so much for bringing me into this game. You are like a blanket that keeps all of MS warm.

Spoiler: exchange with ginnie
In post 279, Prism wrote:It would definitely help, but I also again could have just realized that was the problem on my own instead of assuming my paragraphs are perfectly phrased and easily parsed rather then just rephrasing the answer.

I'm not a big fan of the Spiffeh wagon at the moment. I think the initiative he's taking on Imperium is good even if I don't agree with it. (I'm probably biased as well-I'm a player whose best reads come from how players react to me specifically, rather than looking at their interactions with others)

Join me on Max?
In post 280, Ginngie wrote:I kinda want to how the spiff wagon rides out, if you said stuff about max I'l read it and give them a once over
In post 281, Prism wrote:Nope, I haven't. Just a hunch.

I think scumPrism would've supplied more of a reason than "Just a hunch."

I have more words than I did but not enough. I hope someone will understand what I'm trying to say anyway.
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2243, Caryatid wrote:If both VNB and Prism are scum then absolutely we have to lynch Prism today and VNB tomorrow.

Also it's 5 to lynch not 4 and Ginngie is in the pool of people who might be scum so no, Prism isn't clear yet.
So why don't you seem to be considering a vote on prism? (I should say "didn't" because it looks like you're trying to sort prism now")
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 2261, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 2243, Caryatid wrote:If both VNB and Prism are scum then absolutely we have to lynch Prism today and VNB tomorrow.

Also it's 5 to lynch not 4 and Ginngie is in the pool of people who might be scum so no, Prism isn't clear yet.
So why don't you seem to be considering a vote on prism? (I should say "didn't" because it looks like you're trying to sort prism now")
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Imperium »

So a majority of my posts are going to look dumb as fuck because of how behind I am but I have to be missing something because it most certainly looks like everything went to shit while I was gone.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:13 am

Post by Imperium »

1)
In post 2205, Caryatid wrote:
In post 2203, VNB National Plan wrote:If Prism is scum and you gave him a vig aren't you worried that the game is already over? It seems like you'd be freaking out more about that.
Yes that's exactly why I am freaking out.
You gave a vig to Prism...?
This is exactly the reason I tend to overreact when people townread him for random as shit reasons - Prism has the strongest scumgame out of everyone here and I've trumpeted that from pretty much every mountaintop and you gave a vig to Prism? Why?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Imperium »

2)
We have a pair of Masons (gated), a Jailkeeper (gated), a Loyal Neighborizer, and scum's response is a compulsive vig maker that hasn't been giving their vigs to scumbuds, or, better yet, that has to give their vig to townies??? And so far the only role that looks like it can block for scum is one that is a 50% roleblocker?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Imperium »

And literally I am the only person who is finding something even vaguely questionable about this entire situation?
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Caryatid »

In post 2264, Imperium wrote:1)
In post 2205, Caryatid wrote:
In post 2203, VNB National Plan wrote:If Prism is scum and you gave him a vig aren't you worried that the game is already over? It seems like you'd be freaking out more about that.
Yes that's exactly why I am freaking out.
You gave a vig to Prism...?
This is exactly the reason I tend to overreact when people townread him for random as shit reasons - Prism has the strongest scumgame out of everyone here and I've trumpeted that from pretty much every mountaintop and you gave a vig to Prism? Why?
because townreading Prism
Show

Six caryatids ashamed
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 am

Post by Imperium »

And VNB busts out with a guilty in MyLo and everyone goes "yes! absolutely! let's follow them because it's not like we haven't been suspecting them the entire game!!!"
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 am

Post by Imperium »

Prism's reasons for townreading them are "their interactions in our neighborhood look good" - anyone else have any reasons?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Prism »

Nacho, spoiler, you don't have to fucking read me.
In post 2251, Prism wrote:The point is that
I don't slowroll, I'm a coldblooded killer who doesn't give a fuck about you.
Either it's me+VNB+Ginngie or I'm not scum at all.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Prism »

Also, Carya was my suggestion for the pick-originally they were going to go camn, but I figured that Carya was a better slot to lock down. Getting the neighborhood with the three of us, me+Carya confirmed town, would have been great.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 2088, Prism wrote:but scum vig-maker having the PT means that they're always going to know the target.
:neutral:
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 2271, Prism wrote:Also, Carya was my suggestion for the pick-originally they were going to go camn, but I figured that Carya was a better slot to lock down. Getting the neighborhood with the three of us, me+Carya confirmed town, would have been great.
Why were they going to target a claimed mason?
Caryatid
Caryatid
Goon
Caryatid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Caryatid »

everything gonna be ok, nacho's here
Show