Micro 738: Fountain of Tired Souls [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by gerryoat »

please lynch purple
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm not scum here, just not motivated because you're struggling to meet town half-way. Let's work to solve the rest of the game if you really believe this is scum Gerry.

I can do Oggs.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 315, osuka wrote:eddie and mastina are like day and night in this hydra arent they
To be honest I'm not sure if I'm smothering Eddie or if he just doesn't have his heart in the game but like. We've got 50 posts. 7 are his. The rest are all me. It's a little frustrating actually since I feel like Eddie Cane's main strength is in explaining his reads (he's basically like one of only five or so players who frequent the Normal Queue I'd call not-shit-tier since most players in Normal games are trash) and I could really use him explaining my reads because he'd do it better than I would.
Hydra of Eddie Cane and mastina.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 318, osuka wrote:
cop claim?????
If I said yes, would you vote gerryoat? :P
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

VOTE COUNT 1 . 13
  • Garrybote
    ----- 2 ( JaeReed, Purple Nurple )
    L- 3

Impoetic
    ------ 2 ( Lil Uzi Vert, XnadrojX )
    L- 3

osuka
    --------- 1 ( osuka )
    L- 4

Nahdia
    -------- 1 ( Oggs Benedict )
    L- 4

XnadrojX
    ------ 1 ( Nahdia )
    L- 4

Purple Nurple
    - 1 ( Garrybote )
    L- 4

Not Voting
    --- 1 ( Impoetic )
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to Lynch

#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
############
|
[
%
]
[/center][/b][/i]
FOS COUNT 1 . 13
  • JaeReed
    ------- 3 ( XnadrojX, Impoetic, osuka )
    Nahdia
    -------- 2 ( XnadrojX, Purple Nurple )
    Impoetic
    ------ 2 ( XnadrojX, JaeReed )
    Lil Uzi Vert
    -- 2 ( XnadrojX, Oggs Benedict )
    Purple Nurple
    - 1 ( osuka )
    XnadrojX
    ------ 1 ( Purple Nurple )
    Oggs Benedict
    - 1 ( XnadrojX )
    osuka
    --------- 1 ( XnadrojX )
    Garrybote
    ----- 1 ( Purple Nurple )

Not FoS'ing
    --- 3 ( Garrybote, Lil Uzi Vert, Nahdia)
Days Remaining Without Lynching
Last edited by Alisae on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 326, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I'm not scum here, just not motivated because you're struggling to meet town half-way. Let's work to solve the rest of the game if you really believe this is scum Gerry.

I can do Oggs.
have you seen me as town lead, yes or no
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by gerryoat »

actually wait you were in one of those games i posted lol
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Who do you suspect is his partner?
I've been holding the read close to my chest but handguns to my head, I'd say Aristophanes/XnadrojX. Aristophanes I thought was playing to his scum meta: I didn't see the "bundleload of joy", in spite of him getting a role with flavor that he should have been ecstatic about. He lurked, and he gave nothing. What he
did
give was consistent defense of gerryoat the entire time, asking what that wagon was about and so on and so forth.

There are doubts there of course! Aristophanes did decide to have a specific quirk with his posting. He did decide to replace out so it's possible a town-him simply wasn't feeling it. He could have replaced out before he got into the game, and there are other notable slots (namely Nahdia) who have resisted joining the gerryoat wagon. But that's one reason why I've wanted the lynch on gerryoat because I have a role which could clear Aristophanes if we lynched gerry right now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

So let's do Ari then. We can work out the rest Night 2.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Look how purple won't even reply to the fake meta she posted lol
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Uzi lynch purple
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Gerry is incapable of adjusting how he plays as scum to a player list that contains people who have a good amount of experience with him and can read him well.
Yeah, and?

Is this really so surprising to you?

People like gerryoat are not as good at being scum as most people give them credit for.

The spampost/shitpost scumplay style relies on being overly active to give the illusion of something where there is nothing, but it has a huge drawback: it's something which if you take as your style, is very very very hard to adjust on the fly when an effective counter is found. Against people who don't know how to counter the spampost/shitpost scumplay, it can be effective in that they mistakenly assume posting = effort = town, when no part of that chain is actually true. (Posting != effort; Effort != town; Posting != town.) But when the spampost/shitpost scumplay encounters a person who knows better than to make that idiotic assumption...it doesn't work out. They have no counter because they skipped basic training, as it were. Adaptability IS a core skill for a scum player to have...but most spampost/shitpost scum players
don't actually have it
, and gerryoat is among them.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 336, Purple Nurple wrote:People like gerryoat are not as good at being scum as most people give them credit for.
And she's literally insulting me. Excuse me??
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 324, gerryoat wrote:also mastina you scumread me way before I would have "lurked" it was literally my first post of the game, so you're just bullshiting.
That's because your entrance was just so obviously fake.
In post 28, gerryoat wrote:wait wtf lol i got a PMs aying its night but its day right?
In post 29, gerryoat wrote:i thought someone got quicklynched what is happening
This is the same shit you then pulled later in the day. Same. exact. thing. You're faking a stance. There's nothing sincere in there at all. There's nothing real. There's nothing about this entrance except a cheap attempt to look town. Without actually being town. Establish early towncred for a "townslip", then use that towncred to avoid suspicion from shitty scum-motivated pushes.
In post 31, gerryoat wrote:heads up, i have no clue what this game flavor is, i just joined cause its alisae's game and EM ppl are in it lol.
Logic-wise there's not anything wrong with this but tone-wise this is all kinds of fake. However, here's something of a trump card.
In post 32, gerryoat wrote:o ok, i should read the rules of games when i join them.
You even specify here that you're going to read the rules! But then guess what you do?
In post 83, gerryoat wrote:ok so last micro i was in, i broke the game for ez town win. can someone tell me if somone dies at night? or is it like reversed and someone dies at day.
You haven't followed through at this point in spite of having had MANY chances; you had engaged me among others at that point. This post, aside from that, is...what's the term? I believe kids these days call it "busywork". Shown by something like this.
In post 88, gerryoat wrote:
In post 83, gerryoat wrote:ok so last micro i was in, i broke the game for ez town win. can someone tell me if somone dies at night? or is it like reversed and someone dies at day.
nvm that was an open setup, i'm stupid
Doing nothing, while pretending to do something. (I call that active lurking but maybe I'm old like that.)
In post 116, gerryoat wrote:I'm so bored rn I thought there would be more to read.
Here you even admit that you have nothing to add.
So why didn't you take that time to do the rules-reading you had multiple times claimed you were going to do?

This, all prior to the actual time you state you are reading the rules...and then immediately and promptly miss something which was part of the rules. You said you were going to.
In post 188, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1, Alisae wrote:The Game is Nightless. If there are 3 nights where a No Lynch is achieved, the bar will close and everyone will lose.
also this tips me to it being multiball. just the wording
As so. You quoted something from the rules. Implying by this point you had in fact read the rules. But then that ignores how multiball would be impossible. By those same rules.

This isn't even close to everything.

At every step of the way, every point, gerryoat lives, breathes, bleeds, oozes, scum.
Because this is his scumplay.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Impoetic »

I would be surprised if Purple were scum here, just because of those posts sounding
really
genuine. I'm surprised you think Purple is scum. Especially compared to me, since you have an actual reason to fos me and unvoted because you were afraid it was OMGUS, and since you know me better than you know purple -- and thus you should probably be more inclined to omgus me than them, IMO.

Oggs seems like a null consensus/POE-type lynch, idk. I don't think it's super likely they're scum? Like, I feel that scum would be trying harder to look town than Oggs seems to be. That may be a stupid read, since the behavior easy to force if one is so inclined, but that's how I'm approaching the slot right now, for lack of anything else.

Oggs:
However, I would like to know why you think Gerry is town. I guess I'd like to know about the read on Osuka too.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 326, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I can do Oggs.
I can't.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

Impoetic
JaeReed
Oggs Benedict
osuka

Lil Uzi Vert
Nahdia
Aristophanes/XnadrojX
gerryoat

Not really much has changed because guess what, not much in the game has changed.
gerryoat is still basically confscum.
Finding his partner is problematic.
I don't want to mislynch.
Because if we mislynch hunting for gerry's partner then all sorts of things go wrong.
You don't let the confscum live because you're hunting for a scumbuddy.
You fucking lynch the confscum and THEN hunt the scumbuddy.
Basic order of operations here.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by osuka »

i don't like how mastina is acting even though gerry is null for me at the moment. this is strictly meta even though unfortunately i am not at liberty to elaborate on it

i'd be fine with a hydra lynch, and i could go oggs I guess. Would rather lynch purple than oggs just because oggs has mainly been lurking and i don't think this lynch would give us a lot of info
I can also compromise on an ari lynch if people don't wanna lynch the purple

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by osuka »

mastina, why is oggs town?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 336, Purple Nurple wrote:
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Gerry is incapable of adjusting how he plays as scum to a player list that contains people who have a good amount of experience with him and can read him well.
Yeah, and?

Is this really so surprising to you?

People like gerryoat are not as good at being scum as most people give them credit for.

The spampost/shitpost scumplay style relies on being overly active to give the illusion of something where there is nothing, but it has a huge drawback: it's something which if you take as your style, is very very very hard to adjust on the fly when an effective counter is found. Against people who don't know how to counter the spampost/shitpost scumplay, it can be effective in that they mistakenly assume posting = effort = town, when no part of that chain is actually true. (Posting != effort; Effort != town; Posting != town.) But when the spampost/shitpost scumplay encounters a person who knows better than to make that idiotic assumption...it doesn't work out. They have no counter because they skipped basic training, as it were. Adaptability IS a core skill for a scum player to have...but most spampost/shitpost scum players
don't actually have it
, and gerryoat is among them.
Honestly? Hard to say. Mainly because I don't know him personally. I've also been failing to recollect how he plays as both alignments. I know I've played with him as scum before though which is why I'm freaking out as we speak. Hell, we were even partners in one of those games and I can't for the life of me tell you why I'm not seeing the same things you're seeing here.

I guess my belief that every player is entitled respect might be clouding my judgement here. I'm just more confident looking elsewhere because if he's really caught scum, it's game over from my point of view.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 342, osuka wrote:i don't like how mastina is acting. this is strictly meta even though unfortunately i am not at liberty to elaborate on it
Your meta is shit because it is literally
rats-ass backwards and
you fucking KNOW it is
In post 299, osuka wrote:mastina makes walls and intricate connections that are sometimes borderline bullshit when pushing someone as town.
THAT IS LITERALLY
MY SCUMGAME
AND YOU ARE CALLING ME SCUM FOR NOT DOING IT.

I repeat.
YOU ARE CALLING ME SCUM.
FOR NOT DOING THE THING WHICH IS ONE OF MY LARGEST FUCKING SIGNATURE SCUMTELLS.

Rats. ass. backwards.
In post 343, osuka wrote:mastina, why is oggs town?
Counterpoint: why is Oggs scum? There's two scum in the game; there are seven town. Balance of probability, a player is more likely town than not by default so the burden of proof is on those making the accusation. I've seen no case for why Oggs would be scum aside from "lol lurking" which isn't that applicable since he is by FAR not the slot most guilty of that.

In contrast, Oggs had a very strong opening. He took stances immediately and since then has shown read progression. Quite frankly I don't
the read progression since I feel his reads got worse, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, reads HAVE progressed from him and the
way
they have progressed is far more likely to be town than not. So again. What the fuck. Makes him scum. Because there's literally nothing.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

NEVER FEAR EDDIE IS JERE
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by osuka »

in 299 I meant scum. I know that's dumb but believe me if you want

you and i both know where the read comes from and you and i both know i can't talk about it. It's not backwards and i'm p sure you're scum because you were borderline making shit up. I mean look at 214, that push is fucking dumb

Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 327, Purple Nurple wrote:
In post 315, osuka wrote:eddie and mastina are like day and night in this hydra arent they
To be honest I'm not sure if I'm smothering Eddie or if he just doesn't have his heart in the game but like. We've got 50 posts. 7 are his. The rest are all me. It's a little frustrating actually since I feel like Eddie Cane's main strength is in explaining his reads (he's basically like one of only five or so players who frequent the Normal Queue I'd call not-shit-tier since most players in Normal games are trash) and I could really use him explaining my reads because he'd do it better than I would.
I usually shitpost and lurk early on, sometimes I'll tryhard but it requires a specific playerlist. but, alas, dumbo scum think they can mislynch us. so here I come
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 347, osuka wrote:in 299 I meant scum. I know that's dumb but believe me if you want

you and i both know where the read comes from and you and i both know i can't talk about it. It's not backwards and i'm p sure you're scum because you were borderline making shit up. I mean look at 214, that push is fucking dumb
what did we borderline make up?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”