Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Drixx »

The only fault would be if there is a BP and you assume I'm the BP.

Explain to me why a scum BP would claim straightaway that any kill aimed at him will succeed? That would be tantamount to game throwing.

Like if we just assume a scum BP, and you want to suggest that I am scum BP, then you are giving me the hugest compliment ever because there's a huge fucking wrench in that supposition:

1.) I claimed in post #124 the fact that a killing ability could not be prevented from killing me.
1a.) If I were scum, and I were BP then being BP would suggest a Vig or SK which would mean that as soon as someone shot at me and I didn't die, I would be outed.
2.) The first mention of "vig" in Zach's ISO comes ONE THOUSAND posts after I made my claim. There's no plausible way I could know that there would be a Vig and that the vig would just happen to have a modifier that would explain why I got shot at but didn't die, in direct contradiction to my first post of the game.
2a.) The exception to #2 requires for me and Zach to be scum together and the whole thing to be a gambit.

It then follows that if Zach is not scum, then you have to believe I am so stupid that Forrest Gump would be as much smarter than I am as Einstein was to the average person, or perhaps even more stupid than that.

Like seriously ... if I were scum, and a BP, then my introduction post to the game literally outs me the moment I get shot at, and obviously any scum who have BP should expect there to be a vig or sk (or both) in play.

Like the amount of implausible assumptions you have to make in order to conclude that I'm scum is pretty overwhelming. (Thus the reference to Occam's Razor. All things being equal, it's the most simple solution that requires the least assumptions which is most likely to be reality).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Robbnva »

VOTE: penn

Out of all the poe and stuff being posted he's the one I'm most sure of.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

lol

drixx

Robbnva wrote:VOTE: penn

Out of all the poe and stuff being posted he's the one I'm most sure of.
We're actually resolving MBC today

Penn you have to sheep Maria and I right now..
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:10 am

Post by Drixx »

MBC is an absurd choice to lynch today. It relies on the assumption that scum have BP (which nobody has explained why that is being assumed over other possibilities) AND that MBC is that posited scum. In any other case, lynching him gives scum the game since I cannot be kept alive.

And don't say "Scum have bp because vig" because that's not even close to universal in setups with vigs, and this game was designed by Titus. We have claims of irregular modified roles, but we're going to bet the game that Titus got lazy and just threw BP on a scum?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

It's cause your point one in 1400 is full of shit given that a killing role exists that can't kill your claimed ability. I'm not gonna talk in circles. The rest of that post is clear WIFOM. What am I missing?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:25 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 1402, Zachstralkita wrote:We're actually resolving MBC today
Fine. I'm voting penn and plan on using my role on mbc though
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:57 am

Post by MariaR »

The way we're thinking is we have a pool for 4 people (me and zach)

Robb
Drixx
Penn
and MBC

We do not think Drixx and Penn are bussing and (at least I) Hard tr robb so I want MBC lynched
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:00 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1404, Zachstralkita wrote:It's cause your point one in 1400 is full of shit given that a killing role exists that can't kill your claimed ability. I'm not gonna talk in circles. The rest of that post is clear WIFOM. What am I missing?
What is broken in your brain? What kind of fucking moron fake claims that any killing ability cannot be prevented from killing them "by any means" at the very start of the game, if it's not true?

Since I believe Titus was in error to say what she said, I'm probably going to post my role card and eat a personal loss and make today LYLO and maybe the town here will de-ass their heads.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 1406, MariaR wrote:The way we're thinking is we have a pool for 4 people (me and zach)

Robb
Drixx
Penn
and MBC

We do not think Drixx and Penn are bussing and (at least I) Hard tr robb so I want MBC lynched
see this is why I have issues with you both. In the most obvious scenario. Penn is scum and the other scum is either drix/mbc/or myself

penn is the right lynch imo
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:22 am

Post by Drixx »

Out of respect I went and asked what the absolute least damaging thing I could do to be modkilled was, since my intent is not to blow up the game but to get flipped at the cost of personally losing no matter what and thus demonstrate that the mod's wording contradicts what we see, which should make whomever is town re-evaluate the situation entirely. I have been informed; however, that if I intentionally get myself modkilled, it will end the day, which will cost my team the game. So my team and wincon are harmed by what I view as a design/setup error OR a bad interpretation of what my role says in answer to the hypothetical question (in the case where Zach is not actually Loyal Vig and is scum gambiting).

Either way, there's nothing I can do so I'll be prodging for the rest of the game.

I'm sure I will have more to say post-game.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Robbnva »

I feel like if what the mod told you and you are actually town, Zach is lying about his role.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Robbnva »

Unfortunately no way to verify what the mod said though

UNVOTE:
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Yeah I remember that one game where because of the game I threatened to post my role pm

oh wait

no I don't. What do you want me to say to that? Your play is disingenuous as fuck as either alignment gj
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Robbnva »

I mean I have threatened to get myself mod killed before so I can't really blame the guy for it.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Drixx »

If it only hurt me then I'd already be mod killed. Nothing disingenuous about it. Either you are incapable of simple logical reasoning or you are scum taking advantage of the mod making the poor decision to make a statement which is having an impact on the game. Either way, I would eat a personal loss to clear it up 10 times out of 10. Unfortunately I cannot eat the personal loss and exit and allow the endgame to play out free of that, so there's nothing I can really do.

It is quite surprising that Titus, of all people, would first make the statement and influence the game's outcome (after SD2 where a mod statement made her appear to be lying scum and got her lynched), and then strong arm me into staying in the game so that the poor judgement of making that statement continues to impact the game.

Then again ... I
probably
shouldn't be surprised. This is the same mod who once mod killed me for no actual reason because scum was angle shooting, admitted that it was the fault of scum who intentionally caused it to happen, and didn't compensate my team (town) in any way. Funny ... THAT mod kill didn't end the day. Clearly my expectations that those situations would have imparted lessons and wisdom were wildly optimistic.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1413, Robbnva wrote:I mean I have threatened to get myself mod killed before so I can't really blame the guy for it.
I don't advocate that anyone get themselves modkilled out of spite or because they get mad or anything like that. Like ... I've seen people do that in the heat of the moment. My intent was just to eat a personal loss in exchange for removing the confusion (or faked confusion) due to the mod making an ill advised statement.

I mean ... if I go dig up the game where Titus modkilled me, the reasoning was so terrible and it was clearly intentionally provoked by a member of the scum team, who was not in any way punished for it but instead rewarded by getting my death for free. Eh. It will give me something to do. Off to find that game.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Robbnva »

Why do you need to be modkilled? Just play the game.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Robbnva »

Titus clearly hasn't modded a great game. Made lots of mistakes. It is what it is.

That's why I like normals. There are checks and balances and it isn't just free range to do whatever
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Drixx wrote:If it only hurt me then I'd already be mod killed. Nothing disingenuous about it. Either you are incapable of simple logical reasoning or you are scum taking advantage of the mod making the poor decision to make a statement which is having an impact on the game. Either way, I would eat a personal loss to clear it up 10 times out of 10. Unfortunately I cannot eat the personal loss and exit and allow the endgame to play out free of that, so there's nothing I can really do.

It is quite surprising that Titus, of all people, would first make the statement and influence the game's outcome (after SD2 where a mod statement made her appear to be lying scum and got her lynched), and then strong arm me into staying in the game so that the poor judgement of making that statement continues to impact the game.

Then again ... I
probably
shouldn't be surprised. This is the same mod who once mod killed me for no actual reason because scum was angle shooting, admitted that it was the fault of scum who intentionally caused it to happen, and didn't compensate my team (town) in any way. Funny ... THAT mod kill didn't end the day. Clearly my expectations that those situations would have imparted lessons and wisdom were wildly optimistic.

I estimate I'd be modkilled for doing the stupid shit you did if I were playing in another game or something if not considered toxic. We're in MYLO so probably not but your play is gross. You shouldn't angleshot this hard as either alignment then bitch about the mod. I'm pretty sure all Titus did was confirm that my role wouldn't conflict with your claim.

One of your scenarios assumes I'm town who's completely incompetent. Assuming we're on that one, your actions as town are close to throwing because it's a result of town behavior and the fact you didn't like what the mod did. I don't know what the fuck your tangent is about.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Drixx »

As far as I'm concerned I should already be dead. There's no plausible scenario where a scum!me makes post #124. Scum lose if they trade 1 for 1, and posting that would be comitting suicide for nothing in return. I maintain that the loyal modifier triggers the "by any means" wording of my role, and if you really are what you claim then I should be dead. But let's just roll with the interpretation that it is not a "means" of protecting me from the kill.

What are the
a priori
odds that a scum BP (which is what you are suggesting I am) would correctly guess that whatever role the BP was meant to protect from would have the loyal modifier/restriction and thus result in the claim I made in my first post?

Because in any world where that loyal modifier isn't there, then a shot doesn't kill me and my first post would be outed as a lie and I would be lynched for nothing in return.

If you want to understand what drives me to be so frustrated, try to understand just how logically implausible that scenario is. That claim in my first post, if it were fake, would be suicide in any other setup than the setup we assume if we assume you are a loyal vig. I'm not God's gift to mafia or anything, but I'm also not a total fucking moron.

The other part is there's prior history intersecting here that you weren't around for.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1408, Robbnva wrote:
In post 1406, MariaR wrote:The way we're thinking is we have a pool for 4 people (me and zach)

Robb
Drixx
Penn
and MBC

see this is why I have issues with you both. In the most obvious scenario. Penn is scum and the other scum is either drix/mbc/or myself

penn is the right lynch imo
I want mini lynched cause his role seems better and penn shot but we both have the same idea
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Robbnva »

But I can track him and see where he goes. Or rb him or something
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:48 am

Post by MariaR »

rb him how?
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I have to use any white listed ability on him
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by MariaR »

Hmmmmmm
That seems like a good idea.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”