Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Adel »

nabnab: do you hear a VI typing? i think i do.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Adel wrote:nabnab: do you hear a VI typing? i think i do.
???
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Adel »

yep, I guess I was right
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Wtf??
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:53 am

Post by shaft.ed »

NabNab wrote:I think you need to recalibrate your threashold for "hard". Voting someone for something you see as suspicious and stating your reasons is acceptably hard. Joining the biggest bandwagon just to see what happens is not.
Don't get your panties in a twist. I'll be moving my vote once the mod posts in game again. And I think you are confusing my use of the word hard. I did not mean difficult, I meant rigorous.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:54 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Adel wins.

Either vote is #3 if I'm counting right. Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

unvote vote: Xtoxm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Right I don't have a clue what's going on here.

Should I claim?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:57 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You really like claiming don't you?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

What?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:59 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Since I think I need to spell it out, please don't claim.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Why are you voting me?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Adel »

antivote: Xtoxm
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

???
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You are making absolutley no sense
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm gonna claim if I get another vote on me guys.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:40 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Xtoxm wrote:You are making absolutley no sense
That's exactly the point, Xtoxm.
Xtoxm wrote:I'm gonna claim if I get another vote on me guys.
Why? How many votes do you have right now?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:46 am

Post by cicero »

I believe that Shaft.ed is voting you to test the #3 and #5 theory, Xtoxm. You should claim
if you are in danger of being lynched
. If people are voting you in pursuit of an academic exercise, you might want to be a little slower on the trigger finger.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Adel »

xtoxm: do not claim

@everyone else: xtoxm isn't the lynch for today. move on.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:00 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

shaft.ed wrote:
NabNab wrote:I think you need to recalibrate your threashold for "hard". Voting someone for something you see as suspicious and stating your reasons is acceptably hard. Joining the biggest bandwagon just to see what happens is not.
Don't get your panties in a twist. I'll be moving my vote once the mod posts in game again. And I think you are confusing my use of the word hard. I did not mean difficult, I meant rigorous.
(Sentence by sentence)
Sorry
Well that lasted all of one minute
Nope, I'm not
Xtoxm wrote: I'm gonna claim if I get another vote on me guys.
Is this a threat? It reads like one.

VI is a term I coined a while back that stands for "Village Idiot", essentially, a player who completely fails to understand the game or the way it is played and should therefore be ignored (though rarely lynched). Its not a term I like to throw around. Aside from being a downright insult, it carries strong implications (for me at least) on whether or not they should be lynched. A VI is so unreadable that neither innocence or guilt can be proven or even dected, so it's usually best to leave them alone. Lynching them gets the town nothing as its very difficult to analyze relationships with a VI.

I wouldn't call you a VI, Xtoxm. Adel is just being a jerk. Not that that doesn't benefit you. Her "antivote" was a whimsical way of following standard VI prodedure (don't lynch)

If you want to prove that you're no VI, step up your game. Did you seriously expect anybody to accept "To try and figure out who scum are ofcourse." as a legitimate explanation? At the very least, give a multiline explanation for why you think the claim supporters are town.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 1

The TV screen is pretty clear... and you all suddenly notice that it is displaying the following:
Xtoxm[4] (hasdgfas, Lawrencelot, shaft.ed)
Adel[2] (Xtoxm, Paradoxombie)
Paradoxombie[2] (NabakovNabakov, Adel)
xyzzy[1] (Rogueben)

7 to lynch
~~~

The following is extremely relevant to this game. Read carefully, and use it with caution:

“Once upon a time,” Heliozur begun, flashing a wink at Vetrimielle to open and close brackets, “so you know this is a true story. All true stories begin with a ‘once upon a time.’”

“Once upon a time, in a fertile valley nestled in the dark spruce covered hills of Central Civiliope, lived an old man with his three sons. He was left alone to raise them after his wife died soon after giving birth to the youngest one, Nigul. The four men received few visitors, for they were a quarrelsome lot. They would engage in drunken fisticuffs over whose turn it was to plow the neglected field, milk the poor cow, or lead the emaciated sheep to pasture. They had discovered that they could greatly reduce time spent gathering firewood altogether, if they ate their food raw. Every vegetable they bothered to pluck from the field, anemic and hardened from the strain of growing untended, was consumed uncooked, or better yet, fermented along with some honey if a hive was discovered in the forest.”

“Nigul, who had not yet fully grown into the stuporous affect of his drink-addled elders, was routinely beaten into performing the most hated and yet necessary tasks, such as cleaning the decrepit barn from animal waste. He was enraged and emboldened by the festering sore of injustice. One day this rage overflowed, and he gathered the nerve to bitterly complain to his father, who struck him for his insolence. Nigul decided to leave the house of sloth and discord he had called home since the day he was born, and decided to wander and beg his way across the country in search of his fortune.”

“He walked several hours past the village, with its neat brick houses and carefully mended roofs, and passed a field from which wafted the smell of sweet, rising hay, lined with apple trees laden with hard, heavy green fruit, sheep and goats that rested, fat and content, in the soft honey clover. In the distance, a mature man and his wife were picking out weeds, talking and laughing; and their children hoeing rows of turnips and sweet beets that had begun to bulge above the dark soil line, wiping sweat on their smooth brows, and singing a hearty, garrulous song to energize their labors.”

“Sitting on a large grey rock, overseeing all these riches, was an impeccable young lady, wearing a dress of embroidered cloth, spinning a thread of gold. Curious, Nigul approached her, and, following the customary greetings of the valley, asked her who owned this prosperous farm. ‘He who owns me, owns all of what you see within these gates’ she said, motioning with her white arm. ‘And who are you?’ asked Nigul. ‘I am the fortune of the farmer who toils this land.’ Nigul thought for a minute, for he had never encountered a fortune before. ‘Where is my fortune?’ he asked her. ‘Oh,’ she said, ‘your fortune may be very far away. You are free to roam the world until you find her. I cannot tell you more.’ Nigul had nowhere to go, and upon hearing these words, made it his goal to find his fortune.”

“For months, and for years, he sought his fortune in every town, or village he came across. His beard grew coarse, his legs hardened from the trekking, and his feet roughened from being poorly shod. One day, finding himself in a ramshackle assemblage of pauper’s houses, ass-drawn wagons and tents on a particularly windy, cold night, without a donated trinket to barter against a bed and a piece of stale bread, he sat by a broken fountain, weary and cold. Next to him, a doddering, deformed old woman wearing moth-eaten men’s clothing, was hunched over, spinning a lumpy yarn of dirty, worn out hemp with her gouty fingers. He acknowledged her with a tip of his tatty hat, and settled under the threadbare, holey blanket that fit, crumpled up, in his pocket. She, on the other hand, livened up, and greeted him with a frightful smile, and said ‘Here you are!’ Nigul was certain that if he had met such a grotesque woman before, he would have remembered her. ‘Do I know you?’ he asked. ‘You don’t,’ she said, pronouncing her t’s with her gums, ‘but I’ve heard you’re looking for me.’ Nigul was horrified. ‘Are you my fortune?’ ‘Yes, yes I am.’”

“Horrified, Nigul stood up, and ran away as fast as he could before he heard another word from his blighted fortune, until he ran out of breath; he then saw an oil lamp shining in the distance, and walked towards it until he saw an old Hermit, warming up bark and vermin soup in a rusty pot. The Hermit saw him first, invited him to sit, and offered him a bowl of his slop, which a starving Nigul politely refused. ‘Why the rush?’ he asked his guest. ‘I just saw my fortune,’ Nigul panted, ‘she was a hideous thing, I must never see her again.’ ‘Hmmmm...’ though the Hermit. ‘A hideous fortune is not a terminal disease, young lad, for which there is no cure!’ He coughed a lump of viscous sputum into his sleeve, and advised Nigul thusly: ‘In the village of Suur Tartu, lives a young girl called Kaisalaina, with pearly teeth, hair tumbling like yarn of copper, and skin like a rosy peach, whose fortune is a charm. If you marry Kaisalaina, you will marry her fortune along with her; but you must remember, all your life, when someone asks you if anything belongs to you, to answer that nothing is yours, that everything they see belongs to your wife Kaisalaina.’

The next morning, Nigul awoke early, and, on a still empty stomach, bid goodbye to the Hermit, and began the week long trek to Suur Tartu, stopping only to drink from the streams, pick wild raspberries from the roadside, and catch grasshoppers for food. He arrived at close of day, further emaciated, but his heart so full of hope that he did not feel his exhaustion, when he noticed, caught on a fence, a long hair that glowed brighter than the sunset on the horizon. He lifted his head, and saw a log house dwarfed by a large sloped roof, made of fired clay tiles and a wisp of smoke escaping the lichen covered chimney. The short path leading to the front door was lined with spikes of fragrant reseda, bergamot, and dense mounds of sweet william; to his weary heart, it was an irresistible invitation.”

Heliozur looked up, and hesitated. “I don’t remember the rest, I seem to have forgotten. My mother knows; she told this story to my brothers, sisters and myself, over and over. I’ll have to ask her for the rest.” The spell was broken for the bewitched Vetrimielle, who burst with mock outrage. “I can’t believe this; you have me wrapped around your finger, and you are leaving me hanging with an unfinished fairy tale?”

“Anticipation will heighten your pleasure,” he whispered gravely. “You want to devour, I want you to taste. I want you to think of waiting as its own reward. Waiting is precious. Waiting is gold. In waiting, wishes swell up and become cravings, cravings grow into yearnings, yearnings heat up until they are the very hunger on which you life’s sustenance depends. When at last you reach your goal, taste the dish or kiss the lips, if you rush, you will devalue the wait. Let the wait and the now swirl together into your consciousness, and stretch the moment as much as you can. Allow yourself to become drunk with the moisture, the softness, the wrinkles, the color, the flavor, how eagerly and gently these lips move against your own. The birth of memories you will cherish always.”
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

TV screen wrote:Xtoxm[4] (hasdgfas, Lawrencelot, shaft.ed)
Adel[2] (Xtoxm, Paradoxombie)
Paradoxombie[2] (NabakovNabakov, Adel)
xyzzy[1] (Rogueben)

7 to lynch
Does anyone think DGB got a vote on her way out, or is the first person to 3 "blessed" with an extra vote?

unvote: Xtoxm
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

wait scratch that "first to 3" idea, xyzzy was there first.

vote: Paradox
to see if he moves to 4.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by cicero »

The Mod wrote:“Anticipation will heighten your pleasure,” he whispered gravely. “You want to devour, I want you to taste. I want you to think of waiting as its own reward. Waiting is precious. Waiting is gold. In waiting, wishes swell up and become cravings, cravings grow into yearnings, yearnings heat up until they are the very hunger on which you life’s sustenance depends. When at last you reach your goal, taste the dish or kiss the lips, if you rush, you will devalue the wait. Let the wait and the now swirl together into your consciousness, and stretch the moment as much as you can. Allow yourself to become drunk with the moisture, the softness, the wrinkles, the color, the flavor, how eagerly and gently these lips move against your own. The birth of memories you will cherish always.”
I think he wants us to avoid mass claiming? :S
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

NabakovNabakov wrote:How exactly does Adel opposing a massclaim make her scum?

I guess the same dynamic that makes rougeben scum for not participating pre-game[/sarcasm]. I think it's only fair if Adel would vote someone for disagreeing with her(or rather agreeing with scum) that she accept being voted for the same reasoning. I'd rather not say why I support a massclaim, atm.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by vollkan »

NabNab wrote: VI is a term I coined a while back that stands for "Village Idiot", essentially, a player who completely fails to understand the game or the way it is played and should therefore be ignored (though rarely lynched). Its not a term I like to throw around. Aside from being a downright insult, it carries strong implications (for me at least) on whether or not they should be lynched. A VI is so unreadable that neither innocence or guilt can be proven or even dected, so it's usually best to leave them alone. Lynching them gets the town nothing as its very difficult to analyze relationships with a VI.
I read the exchange over Xtoxm being a VI. He clearly did not know what he was doing back there - Adel demonstrated that pretty conclusively. He is not "unlynchable", but I think it's clear that Xtoxm doesn't have the game knowledge of most of us. It's just something we need to keep in mind.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”