Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1831 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:04 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1829, Nexus wrote:That episode was AMAZING.
daenerys rocked
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1962 (isolation #1) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I really like the character development in the last episode
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1967 (isolation #2) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1965, xRECKONERx wrote:Also did the Ros death just not do anything for anyone else?
well it didn't show joffrey actually
killing
ros if that is what you mean. but didn't we all see it coming?

baelish is ruthless
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1969 (isolation #3) » Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I liked ros. she had heart.

melissandra on the other hand...

I don't see a storyline coming out of a sansa and tyrion marriage.

eta: where was daeny
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1972 (isolation #4) » Tue May 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1970, Hiraki wrote:the danny hype meter needs to slow down sometimes
wat r u talking about she is awsum

she is just as good as the frozen zombie people

eta: I am in the last 20 pages of the first book!!!!
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2077 (isolation #5) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

why the hell did sam and his girlfriend run away from where the baby was wasn't the baby inside
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3661 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

melisandra

can we just nuke her
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3676 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3675, Porochaz wrote:
In post 3661, pirate mollie wrote:melisandra

can we just nuke her

mollie, we are going to have serious disagreements.

this is me pretending that you do not actually like melisandra.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3681 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 3677, quadz08 wrote:melisandre is a pretty great character

gigantic asshole, but great character

In post 3678, AngryPidgeon wrote:I mostly just want my melisandre x Jon snow romance scene.

Image Image
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3728 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

arya
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3821 (isolation #10) » Fri May 06, 2016 4:49 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I want sansa to be the next brienne
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4366 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I specifically said:

Spoiler:
NO ZOMBIE DRAGONS ALLOWED!!!!!

and now look what happened.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4368 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

yeah, rhino, i was wondering that too.

also

Spoiler:
I think the night king is a targaryen. he walks through fire and can control a zombie dragon. ueah, he is a targaryen.

I don't understand what arya plans to do with sansa. also can brienne just step on peter baelish and put every1 out of their misery. god the guy is gross.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4385 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:41 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4373, AniX wrote:
In post 4368, pirate mollie wrote:yeah, rhino, i was wondering that too.

also

Spoiler:
I think the night king is a targaryen. he walks through fire and can control a zombie dragon. ueah, he is a targaryen.

I don't understand what arya plans to do with sansa. also can brienne just step on peter baelish and put every1 out of their misery. god the guy is gross.
Unlikely. The Night King was created from a First Man, while Targs are Valyrians. He was created to help protect the Children of the Forest from mankind, which place him before the Pact between them and no less than 10,000 years before the first Targ came to Westeros.
Spoiler:
did the targaryens spring up independently from the first men? if they did, then what makes the first men the "first" men? the night king wld explain the significant exchanges between him and jon snow (how they looked at each other), jon's return from the dead and drogon's reaction to jon. I think a dragon, even a zombie dragon, only follows a targaryen. the night king seemed to know that he cld revive it and can control it. I don't think just any white walker cld do that.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4386 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4375, DeathNote wrote:
Spoiler:
I like how in depth the characters are and I won't deny that you are correct but from a producer and sadistic fuck perspective, Sansa should be murdered by Arya. It would have a huge negative impact and shock factor which is one of the major reasons the series is successful... on film at least.

Just saying... Martin would kill someone like that not because of their own person reasons but because it makes for a entertaining story.
Spoiler:
I agree but I will never give up the fantasy that some1 nks peter baelish in a horrific way. sure she cld kill them both but that wld be op. arya is meant to ride into the sunset and see what is beyond westeros and the desert land.

I keep getting the sneaky suspicion that sansa will turn into a wight tho. mebbe that is how arya kills sansa.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4392 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:57 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4389, Rhinox wrote:
In post 4388, xRECKONERx wrote:one episode would have Catlyn telling Brienne to take Jaime and the next episode they'd be at King's Landing
might happen all in one episode even

Also, kinda disappointed they haven't even mentioned theon/yara/euron the last 2 episodes. In 704 Theon wanted to ask dany for help rescuing yara. I get 706 was primarily a north/beyond the wall episode, but there's no reason they couldn't have fit in a quick discussion between theon and dany in 705 to set up whatever resolution of that plotline they have planned for the finale.

And I wish the growing relationship between dany and jon was done better. Up until the scene on the boat the only indication there was any "spark" between them was because other characters had to keep telling us, pretty much breaking the number 1 rule of storytelling (show don't tell). It still doesn't feel like there is any sort of romantic interest between them. Now it seems more like mutual admiration and respect. Doesn't really seem any different than how tyrion and dany felt about each other when dany named him hand.
I feel like the progression of their romance seems very unnatural and rushed. I am not sure if this is because the writers removed dany as a relatable character or what. I only understood that there was a "spark" in the cave between 2 pple alone in it cos the writers explained it after the episode. it just seems forced.

I kinda feel like that is what is going on with sansa and arya. arya knowing that joffrey was a sadist shld give insight into why sansa wanted ned to confess and not face execution. ned was executed anyway and both sansa and arya wanted joffrey dead. they both had to do what they needed to do to survive.

that doesn't make sansa anymore likeable tho, I mean she is falling for the whole bad guy thing AGAIN.

but I don't like that the writers are having to explain what ought to make sense within the story itself in the first place.

Spoiler:
I didn't even shed a tear when viserion died. it was like "oh yeah that was expected" and yet there are so many things that have been expected that drew forth an engaged emotion, and I am trying to figure out why this episode fell completely flat.

@ani - I think the night king is gonna be either a targaryen or a stark. I have ruled out stark.

and you haven't explained why the nk was able to walk through fire or the dragonkilling spear. :P

nk is in the know moreso than any of the living characters.

also MORE BERIC AND HIS FLAIMING SWORD PLZ
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4415 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:30 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4395, AniX wrote:
Spoiler:
Because only two things can kill a White Walker: Dragonglass and Valyrian Steel. Fire is not only that list. You couldn't kill the regular white walkers with it either and they are just random baby wildlings grown up.

I don't really see how being able to create an ice spear or knowing things is a trait unique to Targs. Is Qyburn a secret Targ too? Is Varys? Even if he WAS a Targ (he isn't), he'd know things on the basis of being a magic king of a magic race created by fey with futuresight, not happening to be a Targ. Starks are the house with psychics, not Targs.
Spoiler:
there is this:

wights can die by fire. and I think certain white walkers can too. it is why the night king walking through fire and controlling a zombie dragon are significant.

are you saying that the night king is a stark? I can get behind this cos the night king seems to hold a special interest in the stark children. I just think he is a targaryen. :P
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4479 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4469, chamber wrote:I've heard a theory that I'm partial to that jon will have to use dany to forge lightbringer. And Jamie is supposed to kill Cersei in theory.
I am too.

Spoiler:
I think that jon won't kill her, I kinda wonder if she will die in childbirth but it doesn't seem there is enough time for that with the rapid speed the whitewalkers are coming down? I think that he will use her blood ala
Red Violin
style to forge Lightbringer. it makes a ton more sense than jon killing dany given the scope of his moral compass unless she was a whitewalker and HAD to be killed. killing dany just doesn't quite work for me unless he had to.

I keep coming back to the meeran priestess when she said, "only death can pay for life" and I think that might be a foreshadowing of the entire series including the end.

which makes me wonder if JON will die since he will be dany's "sun and stars" and she seems to have a knack for forging significant gamechangers out of fire. she cld actually be Azor Ahai, and jon is the sacrificial lamb in a very jesus sort of way. that somehow wld be fitting. I also feel like it wld reveal a difference in mr. martin's version and the writers in a way that wld be impossible to ignore. honestly that wld be much more exciting than the series, altho I think the series is fantastic and I am loving every minute of it.

I still say that the night king is a targaryen. can we all just admit that glass is made through extreme heat and *mebbe* along coastal lines where dragons lived? the targaryen's family castle sits on a giant pile of dragon glass. it didn't get there by accident.

the targaryens are immune to fire, yeah? so is the night king. and I cannot forget what jon found in the cave in the targaryen territory where depictions of the children of the forest and the targaryens (assuming this cos who else wld the children of the forest be painting pics of in a cave close to the targaryen household?) fighting the whitewalkers and the night king.

the timing doesn't seem to matter much in the way of how things are determined with the reveals. the three-eyed raven is covering the plot
holes in the series for the most part and teleportation, lol.

predictions:

arya lives and sails into the west. it is what she was meant to do.

bran is locked in a tree and never wants to get out.

sansa...I keep expecting her to turn into a whitewalker. not sure why. the character wld make sense but the actress playing her doesn't. mebbe she becomes queen of the north, with the knowledgeof how ephemeral and precious it is when she remembers whom she is serving. hint: it is the pple who have pledged themselves to her.

sam will live to tell the tale. yaye!

I have this slightly small hope that tormand and brienne will hook up.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4482 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:46 am

Post by pirate mollie »

aahhhh, that makes so much sense. I only read the first boook and half of the second 1.

thanks for clearing that up!
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4632 (isolation #19) » Mon May 13, 2019 10:43 am

Post by pirate mollie »

Wow.

There are some things that I really love about this season and some things I really hate, with most of it being in the middle. The season is gonna feel rushed - no doubt, but I had that expectation from the get go since there were only going to be 6 episodes and they had an awful lot to wrap up. I was pleasantly surprised at the length of the episodes but was crushingly disappointed at how the Night King turned out to be a red herring. Overall so far, I feel like I am getting what I want from it (closure, that gripping immersion that happens with each episode, the animated discussions that happen post-epi) but it certainly isn't the way I
want
it to go.

I kind of feel like the writers were given plotline bullet points and are trying to draw lines from point A to B leaving it up to the actors/actresses to fill in the gaps. And that is where the strength of this season lies in, the actors/actresses ability to work with what they have been given and had the freedom to kind of run with it.

I
LOVED
how Emilia Clarke has played this season.
LOVED IT.
At first I was pissed and confused after this episode but after thinking about it a bit, it DOES make sense for her to scorch the entirety of King's Landing. Daenerys started off homeless and living in hiding off of the charity of other foreign lords who did so in hopes of a future repayment. She has been through some serious shit and really the only thing that has given her the impetus to conquer Meereen is that after her son died, "the stallion who would rule the world", she thought that she was destined to rule the Iron Throne and that has fueled her ambition and impacted every decision she ever made ever since she realized that it was possible.

By this point, she has lost almost everything. She has lost the adoration and role of "The Breaker of Chains" (no one really within the monarch system already in place, are enslaved like the people of Meereen. The economy, political and social structure was built on a dichotomy between the rich and the poor whereas in Westeros, that role isn't needed. So she isn't receiving the love and adoration that I think she expected after "saving westeros" from the Dreadful Night King, even if she wasn't the one who did the actual killing. She has lost 2 dragons (who were the basis of her power structure, who she thought were invulnerable and she considered her "children"), her number one supporter and her best friend. Now she has lost her lover through no fault of her own. I think the writers nailed it in post-episode when they said that a Targaryen who feels isolated and with so much power, is a dangerous thing. There is nothing "good" right now that is keeping her worst impulses under wraps. I think she thinks it is time for her to do what SHE thinks is best and I think right now, after losing everything, she is seeing a future where no one will love her so her only way to achieve loyalty is through fear.

This is where Clarke really shines. You can see the character development in her facial expressions and they are right in line with what she is doing. All that pain in losing what she has lost, all that rage at feeling completely powerless to stop it, the lack of sleep and food are etched across her face and you see where it breaks open in a moment of, "fuck this shit. I am going to do what I know works even if it does cost me in ways I don't know". Dani was my favorite character this episode even though it was heartbreaking to watch. Think back to the vision she had when she was captive to the Warlocks; I don't think that was snow when she approached the Iron Throne, I think it was ash.

The Arya/Hound back and forth cinematography was freaking breathtaking. I love that The Hound had that moment post-Lannister dogservant where he was free, was moderately accepted and treated as an equal in the previous seasons. It made him reaching out to Arya to get the hell out of there so much sense. He knew she had something else to live for besides revenge whereas he did not. I think he had more respect and love? for her than he had for anyone else in his life.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Clegane Bowl.
In post 4595, DeathNote wrote:It was the best episode at least.
definitely the most intense so far.
In post 4606, Krazy wrote:all other things aside, Qyburn's death is the best thing in this entire series
thank you writers, for giving us comic relief
In post 4613, AniX wrote:He died a hero out of the pure love of trust and admiration.
I think you are romanticizing Qyburn a bit. He came from nothing and had no where else to go. I think saving Cersei came from pure self-interest and I am sure most people hated him as much as Cersei at this point.
In post 4604, xRECKONERx wrote:Jamie leaves Brienne, not because he's "hateful", but because of a callback to "the things I do for love". He arrives, tries to help Cersei escape, they realize they're trapped. Cersei is scared. Doesn't want to die alone. "Jaime, don't let me die alone." Jaime, seeing that there's no escape, mercy kills Cersei to let her die in his arms instead of alone. Leaving Jaime to die alone by being suffocated/buried alive. And no goddamn stupid fucking Euron fight scene.
I had envisioned Jaime killing Cersei over the tiled floor map of all of Westeros, not out of anger but of love. So sad that din't take place. I don't think I really cared how it happened. I find it funny that everyone knew that Dani was going to conquer Cersei except Cersei. I don't think she really knew what to do with a queenship. There was never really a maintenance strategy in place except to execute anyone who disagreed with her, much less an exit strategy.

Things that I loved:

Ned Stark's continual presence through his children. So much of who they are and who they have become was shaped by Ned Stark. Pretty impressive for a character that died s1.

Arya walking away with murder in her heart.

Those were the highlights for me.
Last edited by pirate mollie on Mon May 13, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4647 (isolation #20) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4641, xRECKONERx wrote:holy shit hi mollie!

also this was a good post
RECK!!!!!! ImageImageImage

and ty <3
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4648 (isolation #21) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:21 am

Post by pirate mollie »

@ ani

fair point! but I don't think Qyburn could have made it out of the city without Cersei. I think that humility and love are not necessarily mutually exclusive from self-interest motivation.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4692 (isolation #22) » Thu May 23, 2019 3:03 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4668, xRECKONERx wrote:to me it feels like they had the right bullet points and end points

but without the books they had no CLUE how to fill the spots in between A & B so they just sucked in those moments

i bet the books end up largely the same but with tweaks that make it work for the characters

also top 3 characters in the entire show: 1. davos 2. cersei 3. the hound
ayup.

1. arya 2. tormund 3. the hound

eta: hi wgurtz! Image
whew!

Return to “General Discussion”