Mini 113:Peril in Per-Djehuty (Game Over)

big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:54 am

Post by big_kahunia »

BeyondTheGame wrote:once again the back up doc role is a little too convient... Argoti not been killed at this time does give resonable cover to the person/ people left in Mafia.. it is really strange cause I know if I was Mafia I would have killed Argoti early as possible.. However Argoti could be used here as a way to maintain cover...
Let's look at all those "shot" as that indicates scum. They got DP (vig) night1 mainly by luck (all good night1 kills are by luck). Then, the next two nights they killed some cops. This past night, they/she/he took out a mason. I usually placed docs and cops on about the same scale as importance. One thing about docs, though, they can't find scum. That then makes cops slightly more important than docs. Mafia had to kill a mason so that a large block of votes didn't form. I think the reason Argoti is here is because smart mafia has found better targets than him. MeMe is arguably one of the smartest players on mafiascum and probably the most in this game. Because of the thought behind these kills and the intelligence of MeMe, I am holding my vote on her for that reason in addition to a few others.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Can we get a gashly-prod?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:30 am

Post by Thoth »

I've prodded gashlycrumb.
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:41 am

Post by Argoti »

It looks like gashly hasn't been on for over a week...
The End is near? Meh.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:18 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Gashly's last post was Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:09 pm on page 13. She hasn't posted in about two weeks.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:32 pm

Post by Argoti »

well, gashly posted on a normal game last saturday...
The End is near? Meh.
BeyondTheGame
BeyondTheGame
Townie
BeyondTheGame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Post by BeyondTheGame »

I'll give 24hrs for Gashly to read the post till I place my vote..
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:42 am

Post by Thoth »

Prod has been picked up, but still no response. I'll go looking for a replacement.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:16 am

Post by MeMe »

That's odd.

I just can't think of any
good
reason that a player assumed to be cleared by all of the non-masons would avoid the game. You know -- gashly's behavior is starting to give me the horrible feeling that one of the masons might be mafia. It's been happening more frequently in games that masons can't fully trust each other, their only perk being that they can talk at night. BTG -- can you tell us the vibe that your role gave you? Did it say that you know for certain that your brothers are innocent? Or simply that once you find your brothers you'll be able to communicate at night?

Still, like I said, there's no good reason for gashly to lurk -- regardless of his/her actual alignment. More than likely this is just a red herring resulting from an overactive imagination fueled by inconsiderate play. So, I'm sticking with my b_k vote unless something drastic happens. Of course, all that will
probably
happen is that gashly will post and vote for me because I suspected her unfairly...
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:01 am

Post by Thoth »

Jadesmar is replacing gashlycrumb

vote count:

big_kahunia 2 (MeMe, Argoti)
MeMe 1 (big_kahunia)

Not voting: BeyondTheGame, jadesmar

3 to lynch
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:31 am

Post by jadesmar »

Well, I am here. Probably should do some reviewing.

Anyone want to post a quick summary :)

BeyondTheGame, what are your thoughts currently?

I note this:
Maverick (Mafia) lynched Day 1
BlueSin (Mafia) lynched Day 2

Well done guys. Who were the lynchers? Or, I suppose, you can keep me in suspense until I read to that part :)

Anyhow, off to read the thread. More later as I get to it.
gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:33 pm

Post by gashlycrumb »

I see I've been replaced, which is good. I was about to ask for that anyway.

Just an apology: My real life suddenly and unexpectedly got very busy with some difficult stuff and I haven't had a chance to check this forum, except for the other day when I tried to log in but the boards wouldn't load properly. Anyway, sorry for my lousy participation and good luck town!
BeyondTheGame
BeyondTheGame
Townie
BeyondTheGame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by BeyondTheGame »

Thats alright gashly,

Anyhow jade my thoughts at the moment..
Argoti claimed Day 1 that he is the Doctor... luckily for him he is still alive.. I believe the reasons for this is so a Nurse - Kahunia does not have to prove that he is a nurse if Argoti is killed... However one of the Mafia could be keeping him alive just as a way to make him, seem scummy..
MeMe is a problem... she seems to have a great power to control the vote cause she is sooo persuasive... with that ability she can be a real threat... Other than that I can't see much that makes her to appear scummy..
Big Kahunia seems to be the best case.. at the moment.. but MeMe can also be Scum... At the moment I feel quite certain it would be out of those two...
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:38 pm

Post by jadesmar »

"Big Kahunia seems to be the best case.. at the moment.. but MeMe can also be Scum... "

At the moment, I would be prone to putting those people in the opposite order. However, this is probably mainly due to MeMe's attempt to plant suspicion on our mason group. Still reading earlier days.

If we have a doctor left.. (and it's likely we do) I would recommend protecting one of the masons randomly tonight. It will be 2 to lynch tomorrow and if both masons are alive, the town can not lose.
MeMe wrote: Remaining, we either have:
2 masons, 1 cop, and 2 scum
2 masons, 1 cop, 1 doc, and 1 scum

Just remember, folks...big_kahunia is the smart lynch because:
--If we have two scum left, big_kahunia is definitely one of them
--If we have one scum left, it's either me or big_k & it's an inevitable scum loss either today or tomorrow.
Can you repeat this analasis? I have problems with people who leave themselves out as possible scum simply because they "know they don't have to worry about themselves being scum".
I am more apt to trust someone who provides the town with useful analysis. This seems like an attempt to mislead.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:29 am

Post by jadesmar »

MeMe wrote: 4) If we have two scum left, we're in a lynch right or lose situation...and the scum MUST include big_k (either me & him or Argoti & him)
What about MeMe and Argoti? Why the MUST? I'm probably overlooking the obvious but, I don't see it.
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:40 am

Post by Argoti »

I'd like to bring up (again) the lack of a SK night kill on night one. I WOULD think that proves me innocent, but whatever.
The End is near? Meh.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:53 am

Post by jadesmar »

That was not an attack on you Argoti. That was an attack on MeMe's logic in saying this:

MeMe logic:
1. If there are two mafia left we are in a lynch or lose.
2. If there are two mafia left there are only two options and both include big_kahunia
3. Thus, lynch big_kahunia

Please, let me know if that is the logic you are proposing MeMe.

I have issues with point two. And, I propose that MeMe may have purposely left off the third configuration to make her argument stronger. If big_kahunia/Argoti and MeMe/big_kahunia are possible configurations, why not MeMe/Argoti. There must be something I am missing.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:06 am

Post by MeMe »

Argoti has claimed doctor.
big_kahunia has claimed back-up doctor.
If Argoti is scum, who's big_k backing up? No one.
Therefore, if Argoti is scum, so is big_k.

Yes - I "purposely" left off the third configuration -- but not to manufacture a stronger argument -- but because it is
impossible

I
think
that's clear, but if you still see nefariousness in my explanation, I'll find some other way to explain what I think is perfectly obvious.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:55 am

Post by jadesmar »

Me wrote:There must be something I am missing.
MeMe wrote:If Argoti is scum, who's big_k backing up? No one.
That's what I was missing .. thanks.

In that case, unless Argoti is playing us. It doesn't entirely matter who we vote off today.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:19 am

Post by MeMe »

OK - here's where it stands for me: barring the possibility that Thoth has pulled a mindscrew on us and given us one or two guilty masons, I
know
big_k is scum.

Here's where it should stand for the rest of you (if the masons are innocent):
you know that if there are two scum left, big_k is one of them.
you know that if there is one scum left, it's me or big_k.

I
doubt
Argoti's playing us, but why even consider taking that chance?
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:47 am

Post by jadesmar »

You are correct MeMe.

I still worry that you and Argoti are playing me here.

And, I would hate to come in as a replacement and cast the town losing vote. It's rather embarassing, trust me.

Anyhow.
vote: big_kahunia

:shock: :? 8)
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:45 pm

Post by Thoth »

The town slowly gathers around big_kahunia. He struggles a bit, but quickly resigns in his fate and offers no resistance when you string him up. When you search through his possessions and find a gun plus his membership card of the cosa nostra. He was the final Mafia member.

Congratulations town. You've cleared your home from all the evil elements.

Roles and night choices will follow shortly.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:18 pm

Post by Thoth »

Roles:

Maverick, BlueSin, big_kahunia (Mafia)
Maverick, BlueSin, big_kahunia: The three of you form the Mafia together. For years you've been doing your business quietly, but lately people seem to be closing down on you. You decide it might be safer to get rid of the rest of the town and start afresh. Every night you can talk about the game with each other and afterwards send me the name of the player you want to kill.

Uraj45 (Serial Killer)
For years you've worked hard as a policeman fighting crime and protecting citizens. But did they appreciate that. Did they show you some gratitude. No. Yesterday was your 25th anniversary with the force. All you've got was some whiner complaining about a ticket. You've had it with this town and its people. You just can't wait long enough until they are all dead. Every night you can send me the name of one player you wish to kill. Next to that you can send me the name of a different player you wish to investigate. When dawn breaks you will receive the role of that player.

BeyondTheGame, gashlycrumb, mlaker (potential mason)
You knew you should keep them in your sight, but when you saw that new Jaguar in the showroom you got distracted. Now you just can't seem to find them anymore. You're searching for your 2 lost brothers. At night you can send me the name of one player. If this is one of your brothers I will tell you so and from the next night onwards you are allowed to communicate with him at night.
You knew you should keep them in your sight, but when you saw that new 3GHz laptop in the shop you got distracted. Now you just can't seem to find them anymore. You're searching for your 2 lost brothers. At night you can send me the name of one player. If this is one of your brothers I will tell you so and from the next night onwards you are allowed to communicate with him at night.
You knew you should keep them in your sight, but when you saw that friendly waittress smile at you, you got distracted. Now you just can't seem to find them anymore. You're searching for your 2 lost brothers. At night you can send me the name of one player. If this is one of your brothers I will tell you so and from the next night onwards you are allowed to communicate with him at night.
Note: A pair that found each other only sends in one choice.

Argoti (Doctor)
You are the town's doctor. Every night you send me the name of one player you wish to protect. That player can not be killed that night. You can not protect yourself.

Dragon Phoenix (Vigilante)
For years you've worked hard as a policeman fighting crime and protecting citizens. Now that you're retired you spend your hours doing nothing, waiting for your grandchildren to come visit you (they rarely do). Finally you decide to try and get one more good catch. You still have your gun and take it to patrol the streets, but this time you want to finish the job yourself. Damn lawyers getting all this scum free. Once during the game you can send in a player's name that you want to shoot. Think of the fame it will get you eliminating some scum once and for all.

MeMe (Back-up Cop)
You've just started your new job as a policeman, but already your in the midst of things. One homicide case after another. Every night you can send me the name of a player you wish to investigate. At the start of the day I'll let you know whether that player is good or evil.
Note: Naive as long as real cop is alive. From the night after his death onwards results will be correct.

Narninian (Cop)
For years you had a nice quite live in the police force. Just when you're one year away from retirement you get this. One homicide case after another. Now you'll have to put in some serious work that last year. Every night you can send me the name of a player you wish to investigate. At the start of the day I'll let you know whether that player is good or evil.

Fuldu (SK cop)
You've always known your partner in the police force was on the edge. Now he has disappeared just when you were organising a party for his 25th year in the force. More shocking is that bodies start to pop up. You're afraid your partner has lost it and decide to go after him. Every night you can send me the name of one player you want to investigate. I'll let you know whether it is your former partner or not.

Night choices:
Night 1
Argoti protects BlueSin
BeyondTheGame finds gashlycrumb
Fuldu investigates BeyondTheGame (not his partner)
gashlycrumb tries DP (Fails)
MeMe investigates Narninian (innocent)
mlaker tries MeMe (Fails)
Narninian investigates DP (no result)
Mafia kills Dragon Phoenix
Uraj45 tries to kill BlueSin and investigates MeMe(back-up cop)

Night 2
Argoti protects MeMe
Fuldu investigates Uraj45 (would have found his partner)
BTG/gashlycrumb find mlaker
MeMe investigates mlaker (innocent)
mlaker finds gashlycrumb
Narninian invstigates MeMe (innocent)
Mafia kills Fuldu
Uraj45 kills Fuldu

Night 3
Argoti protects MeMe
MeMe investigates BlueSin (innocent)
Narninian investigates BlueSin (would have received evil)
Mafia kills Narninian

Night 4
Argoti protects BTG
MeMe investigates big_kahunia
Mafia kills mlaker

Night 2 was pretty interesting with both Fuldu and Uraj45 doing very well by finding each other.
The town did very well, lynching scum every day.
Uraj45 was a bit unlucky with his investigations. Finding someone whose role was already known and finding the one player (MeMe) that did not receive her actual role name. He would have had a better chance if he would have found a Mafia member in one of his investigations

It looks like the lost brother part was too strong. I did not expect that the 3 of them would find each other so fast and still all be alive, but in hindsight it was not all that unlikely. I probably should have gone with my first setup which was only 2 of them and 1 basic townie.

Thanks for playing all of you and please let me know what I should improve for my next game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:48 am

Post by MeMe »

Thoth - I thought the game was great...the only necessary improvement, in my opinion, would have been to reduce the masons by one -- that was just a huge chunk of cleared people. Even if they hadn't found each other immediately -- after reading the roles, I see that mlaker's story on day 1 made it impossible for the other masons not to know who to target.

It was bad luck for the mafia that Maverick lurked his way into the noose day 1. If he'd participated and put up a halfway decent defense the game would have been far different.

This was an extremely frustrating game for me...but, frankly, those wind up being the games I enjoy the most. I thought and talked about this game constantly at home. And I really thought there was a chance we had two mafia left because the town seemed so strong -- but, in retrospect, things would have been fairly even if Maverick had worked harder.

Thanks, Thoth!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:22 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Thanks for the game Thoth!!! I have lots of fun.

Yeah, if Maverick had gone deeper in the game, the outcome would have been different. Though, one thing that didn't help scum is that night 1 and 2 only had one kill. Fuldu getting targeted by both mafia and the sk with a doctor free changed the game. I though the sk would kill Argoti. I had a hunch that Fuldu was a cop and that Narn was an sk. The latter hunch proved difficult to stomache when Uraj45 was lynched. Since with two mafia, we needed that extra kill to come through and it never did. :( Oh-well, as I said, the game was fun. BlueSin wanted to kill Narn since he was afraid of being found out, so we killed him and not Argoti.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”