Normal 1934: Civilization Mafia Mafia (Endgame)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1267, MathBlade wrote:Ginngie's claim out of nowhere seems scummy as fuck intent to draw out PRs if something happened scum didn't expect.
However Ginngie has a radically different view of how to play mafia than I do.

Gamma's responses to the PR claims are notably different than Rematch and he seems more interested in shading Ginngie than asking questions or finding out the truth. Him being shaken up could be shocked. Gamma's comment about Watcher cop reads like someone who knows too much or is complaining about setup balance for scum. She didn't claim Watcher. This sounds like Gamma rolecopped or guessed.

There is one other potential role I can think of for her that works nicely.

If Ginngie is scum then the one of that trio is scum. Second if solved.

If Ginngie is town then one of unknown/nancy is scum.

However if Ginngie is a role that targets TChill (possible) and Ginngie is telling the truth then nancy is scum.

That is what was going on in my head. Gotta drive around an hour or two. Be back on when I can.
Ohhhhhkay let's break this down.
My responses are different to Rematch: EVERYTHING is different. Look at how much I've tried to compress my thoughts into fewer posts than that game. I'm also being more analytical about what things look like to me.
I'm more interested in shading Ginngie: I'm interested in understanding what on earth could motivate someone to claim that as a town PR, as well as some other things like "how did she get to know one was a town PR?".
Ginngie may not have claimed watcher but it's that, voyeur, or a greylist role. You can't claim that type of info as a tracker unless you're bluffing. (Note: Apparently it was a gambit, looking at the post preview window. That's cool, and explains a lot. I guess at this point I'm comfortable calling Ginngie town. The play is so strange it makes sense in a way.)

If you're going to lynch me for being skeptical go the fuck ahead but know I base my acceptance of claim-type things in my past experience. I've had an offsite game where I took a mason claim seriously because it looked like the Rematch masonizer, and was scumread for that.

Current list of people I think are near certain town: Ginngie, GR, nancy
People who I feel are town: Grendel, massive
some of these could be wrong, and probably are, but this is my general feeling at the moment.

I have to go to English 1102 now, see ya in an hour and a half or so. Be smart.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

Erm...Gamma -- Why did you write that big long rant to me despite Ginngie voting you and Ginngie being near certain town? If you think I could be scum why are you trying to convince me to townread you?

Both you and nancy are doing it.

Is that because you and Gamma have decided to kill Ginngie so convincing nigh on close to confirmed town of your views is unimportant? Or are you hoping to convince me you're Town?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because it was originally directed towards you and I didn't care to fix it because time constraints. I told you I had to go to class.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Drixx »

That makes a whole lot more sense. Well played Ginngie. I was really restraining myself from injecting anything into things while what you were doing played out, because from where I'm sitting, you either had to be gambiting OR be scum OR scum has amazeballs power level.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell GE is doing with that reads list. I was looking back to see if he had expressed reads clearly anywhere earlier to try and see how he arrived at that, and nothing recent on that front, but there was #1222 which jumps out in hindsight.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why weren't you interjecting Drixx? Also I think you mean town gambiting, scum gambiting, or scum with amazeballs power. As for my reads yeah I agree it is pretty ass but it's how I feel. I guess maybe massive doesn't really deserve to be there, and maybe nancy sould be down one level.
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

So Gamma nancy massive scum team awesome.

Thanks Gamma.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Suuuuuuuuure, whatever
fits your narrative
makes you happy.
<Embrace The Void>

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:51 am

Post by massive »

In post 1298, nancy wrote:I'm not really interested in talking more about my read there when I haven't engaged with him in the ways that I want to yet.
Then why are you interested in my read on him?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1279, nancy wrote:Gamma when you get back I'd really like it if you could go over your Grendel/Korts/Eddie reads for me because those are the ones I understand least from you; I have some pretty specific concerns there but I'd like it if you ran me through what each of your reads there is / how you got there before I go into more detail on that. If you think the flips have affected your read at all I'd like it if you talked about that / why too.
Grendel has a solving quality to his play as town that I've been receiving here. It's a judgment based on his own analysis of his scumplay actually, as well as applying my previous attempt at reading him, which succeeded.
In post 1280, massive wrote:Neither Game Replacement nor Vedith have posted on-site since August 31.

My ISO has my general read progression on Gamma. Some of it is gut but I was ok with Sunlit Diamond D1.
Ah shit did Vedith leave the site again.
I mean school is starting so it makes sense but why not give official word you're leaving?
In post 1284, massive wrote:The burden of role madness games -- everyone starts depending on the roles.
It's a normal, and we've had a VT flip? Wait. Is this a PR slip, a scumslip, or a display of a different perspective on role madness?
In post 1288, Ginngie wrote:
Spoiler: Here is the handy dandy guide to how to use the gambit
Subject: Hunger Games II [GAME OVER]

1- They claim quick usually with a “great CKD you ousted two powers roles, you suck” type of post.
In post 1254, Gamma Emerald wrote:I didn't Target TChill.
But this rings oddly familiar. Grendel and nancy I ask you to recall the first trustthedeceived game.
This is the first point with a spin.

Gamma Emerald shades my claim by referring to a scum game I played on a different sight where I hastily claimed a guilty on a player for the win in LyLo.

THIS IS okay to think because a guilty in LyLo is always sus, however it was pointed out by massive and Gamma acknowledged this point, that it was not MyLo.

so with me obviously not doing what I did before, the scum read expressed here:
In post 1265, Gamma Emerald wrote:Honestly I'm kinda shaken up now. Ginngie might actually be my top scumread for now. Still townread you and GR, but I'm feeling doubtful on Math.
Makes no literal sense.

It also doesn't make sense to scumread a player who basically has a guilty outside of MyLo.
I wasn't getting pissed for rolefishing, I was applying past knowledge of your play. So yeah there may have been spin but it's not the first outcome. As for my read on you after realizing it wasn't mylo I was a bit frazzled so I wasn't applying my realization to my reads.
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

Most likely a scumslip from massive that all the scums have powers.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1306, Gamma Emerald wrote:Suuuuuuuuure, whatever
fits your narrative
makes you happy.
<Embrace The Void>

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1307, massive wrote:
In post 1298, nancy wrote:I'm not really interested in talking more about my read there when I haven't engaged with him in the ways that I want to yet.
Then why are you interested in my read on him?
Because you townread him and I want to respect that but your reasoning so far is super vague and not really helpful to me. I'm not a scumhunting god and when people disagree with my reads I generally want to know what they're seeing that I'm not; saying that you think he's been transparent doesn't help me at all when I don't think that's strong reasoning for a townread and I don't really think that he has; I don't understand what you liked about his Grendel reachout; I don't know what you found understandable about Sunlit or what about their effort you liked. I think it would be pretty arrogant of me to just shrug my shoulders and say okay I don't agree with massive that's too bad he must be wrong there's nothing to talk about, especially when I don't even really understand your read there in the first place.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

By the power of Ice Cream and Math I ask what are all your reads Gamma?

Warning: In California it is extremely hot and ice cream may melt at a moment's notice
GTKAS -- MathBlade
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1308, Gamma Emerald wrote:Grendel has a solving quality to his play as town that I've been receiving here. It's a judgment based on his own analysis of his scumplay actually, as well as applying my previous attempt at reading him, which succeeded.
Could you quote some of his posts you think have that quality / talk about how his scumplay is different please?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Ginngie »

V/LA from Saturday, the 9th to literally whenever I can post again after the hurricane lol
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1314, Ginngie wrote:
V/LA from Saturday, the 9th to literally whenever I can post again after the hurricane lol
I send you awesome amazing hugs of love

@mod Can we get a deadline push til those from Florida get back? I don't think it is fair to Florida/Texas players that they have to try to come back to this. Or deal with prod timers
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If anyone besides Ginngie is affected by the hurricane I will do something with the deadline.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

*Yawn*

I really suppose I should quit being this macho about Gamma being scum but I guess it is in my nature.

I just wanna see Gamma give reads before I die.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1316, RadiantCowbells wrote:If anyone besides Ginngie is affected by the hurricane I will do something with the deadline.
The path moving so much west now affects me inasmuch as family is now flying in to stay here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

*snore*

This ice cream might melt of boredom.

Prod Dodge because literally nothing has happened.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:07 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

-Probably- replacing Dark Horse and Game Replacement.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Drixx »

Just an update: I've got family here and more family on the way. The storm track predictions are all converging now and it's going to be a pretty direct blow to the Tampa Bay area (first since 1921, 1864 before that) and it's going to be really bad. Barring some kind of last minute change of course, I'm probably going to be hosting for quite some time. Both my parents and my sister's houses are very close to the water and unlikely to withstand the storm.

Limited activity for the foreseeable future.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:58 am

Post by massive »

I will work to coalesce my thoughts on Gamma specifically and the rest of the crowd over the weekend.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by massive »

I had this in a window so I'll just post it.
In post 1308, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's a normal, and we've had a VT flip? Wait. Is this a PR slip, a scumslip, or a display of a different perspective on role madness?
I expect one VT in a role madness game, but probably only exactly one.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Ginngie »

When was this announced role madness?
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”