Huntress (IC)
rc (SE)
Mr Moisto
northsidegal
darrenwoodward10
WhyMafia (SE)
Nictis

Plus Minus (no read)
That's two people who mention setup speculation while voting for me, is there something wrong with trying to figure out what roles are possible in the game? This is my second game of mafia and there was a lot of speculation in the first, so I'm curious as to why this is a point against me.
This is quite a scummy thing to say in my opinion, it seems like you're trying to make yourself sound like a sweet innocent puppy by using the helpless cry of "oh! This is only my second game, do have mercy on me!"
Also setup speculation is never good because it either ends up with the mafia killing you because you had a strong pro-town role, or it ends up with you being lynched because you speculated on a Mafia role.
FoS: Nictis
Disagree with this because I find Nictis genuine
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:38 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

-_-

NSG "i assume you're done reading the thread now, but you didn't mention anything about huntress that would seem to warrant the scum read. could you explain your thoughts on that? also, thoughts on the current points about mr moisto? you jumped over a few of those."

Whymafia, where have you answered this? Sorry if I'm blind.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:40 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

[font=][/font]
In post 299, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 246, CheekyTeeky wrote:WhyMafia, what's your favourite alignment to play? How many times have you rolled scum? How many times have you won as scum?
Still not sure what you're trying to say. I don't have a preferred alignment. I've rolled scum 3 times. I have won twice as scum
Why the act of confusion in multiple posts?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:44 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 302, CheekyTeeky wrote:[font=][/font]
In post 299, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 246, CheekyTeeky wrote:WhyMafia, what's your favourite alignment to play? How many times have you rolled scum? How many times have you won as scum?
Still not sure what you're trying to say. I don't have a preferred alignment. I've rolled scum 3 times. I have won twice as scum
Why the act of confusion in multiple posts?
Because I'm confused
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 213, WhyMafia wrote:How would Huntress be my hardest push. She's inactive, it wouldnt be that hard. Additionally, nobody asked for justification. I think North did actually, but I forgot after I gave justification for Moisto. I used PoE to sort her, and still maintain that read. It's not like I can push her, because she has like no content. I don't know how you're trying to paint me as scum
This is my answer ...
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

You answered "~can you please elaborate on your huntress read-NSG" with: why would you push her and you forgot to provide justification? :facepalm: Now I'm confused...
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 am

Post by WhyMafia »

Im confused
Can you start over with what you were trying to ask me
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

OK I'll just ask it straight up. Why did you put huntress at the bottom of your reads list? What was it that you found suspect about her at that point?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:13 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 291, CheekyTeeky wrote:rc, post #286 is a valid point. WIFOM prevents huntress and I !notscumbuddies. The problem with the quote in # is that nictis says " is there something wrong with trying to figure out what roles are possible in the game?" But as I've already pointed out he wasn't trying to figure out what possible roles there are, he was questionning whether PR role actions would be visible to "vanilla town" targets. If he wanted to know what possible roles are in the set-up he could have referred to the matrix and sample role PMs posted by the mod at the beginning.

Not sure how nictis twisting what he originally said, to look more innocent, makes you kinda feel he is town...
WhyMafia could you also comment on nictis and why you also found his post (mentioned in rc's 254) genuine? Please take into account my comments quoted above.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am

Post by WhyMafia »

The fact that she seems so damn passive. She has clearly read the thread. She doesn't seem to want to actively push leads. She's content to just let the game flow, make an occasional comment, not follow up on it. Additionally in she says she has many uncertain reads, but doesn't seem to make an effort to sort those slots. She's perfectly fine with those slots being null because as scum, she may not feel like fabricating fake cases.
Plus Minus
Plus Minus
Townie
Plus Minus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Plus Minus »

Rc, I can see where 289 is coming from, i am fine with that vote down the road. Tell me why I should do this vote now versus nictis and his doctor query scumslip. Mechanically it seems less effective, so are you positing that cheeky has more influence in town and is more of a threat, or that my read on nictis is wrong, or some other reason?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 309, WhyMafia wrote:The fact that she seems so damn passive. She has clearly read the thread. She doesn't seem to want to actively push leads. She's content to just let the game flow, make an occasional comment, not follow up on it. Additionally in she says she has many uncertain reads, but doesn't seem to make an effort to sort those slots. She's perfectly fine with those slots being null because as scum, she may not feel like fabricating fake cases.
I can agree here.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I feel like I should respond to rc's bs dialogue if he's selling it to you guys; but at this point I think you guys are deaf to me... so if anyone has genuine suspicions on points of my play instead of trying to railroad me without giving me opportunity to respond (for being too confident?): then I'm happy to discuss rationally.
Plus Minus
Plus Minus
Townie
Plus Minus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Plus Minus »

In post 312, CheekyTeeky wrote:I feel like I should respond to rc's bs dialogue if he's selling it to you guys; but at this point I think you guys are deaf to me... so if anyone has genuine suspicions on points of my play instead of trying to railroad me without giving me opportunity to respond (for being too confident?): then I'm happy to discuss rationally.
'You guys'? If i wasn't clear in my last post, i see a case against you but i dont see it as high priority today, and whymafia appears to be trying to get some clarity on the situation, far from being deaf to your points. This kind of over-the-top response is what rc is founding his case on, i am intrigued that you stick to it.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Deaf to my points on nictis. rc and WhyMafia haven't responded to my posts. So yeah I feel like trying to pick apart rc's character post on me would also be ignored. It's over the top to say you guys are thinking about voting me based on something noone has asked me to respond to? Either way, if my play style looks over the top and offends you then sorry, but it's how cheeky is.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 295, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't want to bring outside of game stuff into this game but I am now like 100% sure.
can you elaborate on what you mean here and the post after that without breaking any rules?
CheekyTeeky wrote:Deaf to my points on nictis. rc and WhyMafia haven't responded to my posts. So yeah I feel like trying to pick apart rc's character post on me would also be ignored. It's over the top to say you guys are thinking about voting me based on something noone has asked me to respond to? Either way, if my play style looks over the top and offends you then sorry, but it's how cheeky is.
even if you believe it would be ignored it's still in your interest to respond! if you are town then it's in the town's interest not to lynch you, so you should be working towards that.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

NSG as you wish. Prepare for another wall.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 1-11

It is currently day one. With 9 players alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch or force a no-lynch.

Darenwoodward10 (1): Huntress
Mr Moisto (2): darrenwoodward10, northsidegal
CheekyTeeky(3): Nictis, RadiantCowbells, WHyMafia
Nictis (2): CheekyTeeky, Plus Minus

Not Voting (1): Mr Moisto

Prodding Huntress.... Except she posted literally 30 seconds before her prod was due so nevermind.

The deadline for day one was set at 2 weeks from the start of the day. The current timer can be seen here: (expired on 2017-09-14 22:53:26)
Last edited by Cabd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 267, northsidegal wrote:huntress, what are your thoughts on the current points regarding nictis?

what are your reads on cheeky and whymafia?
Nictus is possibly scum but I should have thought scum would have been less obvious if they were going to rolefish. I didn't like his early posts, or the Artemis votes, but I did like .

As for Cheeky and WhyMafia, either one might be scum but I don't think they're scum together. Of the two I think it's more likely to be WhyMafia.
In post 272, RadiantCowbells wrote:Huntress, do you feel it's even remotely imaginable that Cheeky would townread you above all else?
Nope. Nor do I think her read on me was an attempt at buddying. I think it was more likely to be a reaction test of some kind.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 309, WhyMafia wrote:The fact that she seems so passive. She has clearly read the thread. She doesn't seem to want to actively push leads. She's content to just let the game flow, make an occasional comment, not follow up on it. Additionally in she says she has many uncertain reads, but doesn't seem to make an effort to sort those slots. She's perfectly fine with those slots being null because as scum, she may not feel like fabricating fake cases.
I
have
been following up on my main scum reads, Darren and Moisto, and am waiting for reply from Moisto. Yes, when people are actively posting I am content to just let the game flow sometimes because I can get reads from observing their interactions. It isn't always necessary to ask questions myself unless I feel the need to do so. I am certainly
not
"perfectly fine with those slots being null". In fact, I haven't given any null reads.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'll give my thoughts here. it seems like this day there's only three possible lynches - moisto, cheeky or nictis. of the three the only one i'm really comfortable with is moisto, but i don't think that's likely given people's reads of him and given his lurking. even still and i'm sorry if this is inconvenient, but i really don't see my vote moving from where it is right now. with that said, we really are cutting it close with time here. if we get a claim from someone at l-1 we need to make sure we have enough time to discuss before moving on.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 310, Plus Minus wrote:Rc, I can see where 289 is coming from, i am fine with that vote down the road. Tell me why I should do this vote now versus nictis and his doctor query scumslip. Mechanically it seems less effective, so are you positing that cheeky has more influence in town and is more of a threat, or that my read on nictis is wrong, or some other reason?
I do not think that Nictis is scum this game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote: Mr Moisto
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

It's really just Huntress and Cheeky.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 308, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 291, CheekyTeeky wrote:rc, post #286 is a valid point. WIFOM prevents huntress and I !notscumbuddies. The problem with the quote in # is that nictis says " is there something wrong with trying to figure out what roles are possible in the game?" But as I've already pointed out he wasn't trying to figure out what possible roles there are, he was questionning whether PR role actions would be visible to "vanilla town" targets. If he wanted to know what possible roles are in the set-up he could have referred to the matrix and sample role PMs posted by the mod at the beginning.

Not sure how nictis twisting what he originally said, to look more innocent, makes you kinda feel he is town...
WhyMafia could you also comment on nictis and why you also found his post (mentioned in rc's 254) genuine? Please take into account my comments quoted above.
I don't know how to explain genuine xD. But like I have the feeling that Nictis isn't informed of alignments

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”