Micro 738: Fountain of Tired Souls [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am

Post by JaeReed »

Also even scum realclaiming their flavour I can't see being particularly damning because I don't think anyone would be considered a "bad guy" here and it was a upick so...??? There's literally no reason to flavour claim unless you've claimed all your abilities because it just gives an insight into what your abilities could be.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1044, MathBlade wrote:First point -- There is no guilty. Scum are not proven to have an NK. They are proven to have factional and not factional abilities. Furthermore the first post is a sample post. Who said anything about it being in the game?
Scum fucking ARE proven to have a nightkill, both by OUR FUCKING ROLE and by Jill's role which EXPLICITLY IS IN THE GAME.

Furthermore!

I can say this with the utmost confidence.
The scum have a nightkill because I asked Alisae a bunch of mechanical questions relating to the nightkill. None of them were worded as "IF the mafia have a nightkill". Instead, I just was like, "how does the mafia nightkill hypothetically interact with *thing I was asking about*?" and I got answers. For instance, I was explicitly told the mafia cannot send the lynchee to make the nightkill. (This is why I was so adamant about lynching gerryoat D1. Because by lynching one scum D1, then my roleblock would become a gamebreaker because scum either no-kill and make the game effectively nightless, or scum clear a player.)
Second point -- And you're not proven to be a roleblocker AND we don't have an explanation for why all actions redirected to LUV who you conveniently targeted.
You have my meta and my breadcrumbs. I was very unambiguous about my role. I also have a proven track record of never bullshitting roles as scum, nor of telling any sort of this lie as town. I don't lie about my role like this as EITHER alignment. Can the same be said of gerryoat?

Furthermore. We absolutely DO have proof of how events went down. gerryoat targeted LUV but failed--we blocked gerryoat but LUV was ascetic even aside from that. gerryoat has claimed LUV was his original target. You simply got nexus'd to LUV by targeting the fucking claimed nexus who had zero ambiguity about being one. Everything I said about ME not fakeclaiming goes even doubly so for JaeReed. JaeReed is a pathological anti-liar. As in the polar opposite of a pathological liar, JaeReed is compelled to tell the truth even when it's detrimental to have done so.
Third point You can't say play > role then say we should lynch Gerry for his role and not lynch LUV. On paper LUV is a policy lynch based on role claim. So this point is more towards trying to add gusto to your wall.
OR. How about this. gerryoat is scum by play. But I am also telling people that don't agree with this and/or don't agree with my philosophy why the fuck his role is not something to save. LUV is potentially scum by play. I am also not advocating for a LUV lynch. I am advocating for a GERRYOAT lynch.
Fifth point again borders on the absurd.
He is targeting himself see point four. You are not blocking him. In the case of his action failing this means either mafia or Town have a way to stop someone which invalidates your guilty which invalidates your guilty or you lie and do block him or bastard setup.
No. Scum having a way to block the action fucking CONFIRMS the guilty. Why? Because it still means there's no accounting for the missing N1 kill. It changes nothing, in fact it reinforces the point. Scum couldn't have roleblocked our roleblocked. Scum couldn't have roleblocked their own fucking kill. As a result, scum blocking gerryoat causing gerryoat's action to fail a second time would be proof that scum did not interfere during N1.
Sixth point yeah so? Role doesn't equal alignment. You can't say Gerry is not a proven cop then say "Gerry is a cop but that doesn't make him Town"
At this point you're either blatantly not reading or blatantly making shit up. My point was that gerry wasn't a proven cop...but even if he WERE a proven cop it wouldn't make him town. I absolutely can, have, and AM saying that because no shit those statements don't contradict one another; they augment each other.
Seventh point -- You had a proven track record of Town roles to scum and vice versa until light and day. Mod meta is a thing til it isn't. Why are you trying to make that point noe?
Because I have knowledge of Alisae's setups past, PRESENT (I can't say more but I am sensitive to information about Alisae's current design plans) and future. I already fucking KNOW that Alisae isn't making an exception for this game. And, furthermore! Roles like my own are evidence of Alisae still holding this true this game. The split jailkeeper isn't a very town role.
Eighth point -- This does not a guilty make.
Did you even read the fucking point? I laid out reasons why gerryoat is sketchy-as-hell EVEN DISREGARDING META WHICH CONFIRMS HE IS PLAYING AS SCUM.
The point in of itself would be damning enough.

Laid on top of the rest (which you didn't really deconstruct at all, just misrepresent and strawman), it's plenty.
Hydra of Eddie Cane and mastina.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 am

Post by gerryoat »

Flavor is important in this game? If so can I just claim my flavor
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1171, JaeReed wrote:Actually can someone explain why von art delay would be ascetic?
Von Art Delay would be tracker.

not particularly ascetic but if LUV is confirmed ascetic by roles then...
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 am

Post by Impoetic »

oh actually i forgot to ask luv to claim the name of the ascetic role tho
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1177, gerryoat wrote:Flavor is important in this game? If so can I just claim my flavor
well it is definitely correlated to abilities, and the abilities are given explicit connections that are reasonably difficult to fake in a hurry
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It's not AI since alignments are randomized but odds are in my favor.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:53 am

Post by gerryoat »

Oh I forgot something about my role pm. It says i know a certain person is in this game but it redacts their alignment. Lol. I think I should keep the name to myself tho
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Impoetic »

but yeah what mastina said si right. jill does have a protective-blocking ability, jailkeeper/doc claim is protective, and also there are a ton of roleblockers that specifically don't work on nightkills i think?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Certain flavour I would bet my life being town any day of the week.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

Jill is not confirmed in the game.

Roles can be given that are useless ala named townie.

See wake's role madness w/ deputy.

Not galdiating Jae I believe them.

Need to reset when not at work.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1046, MathBlade wrote:The Game is Nightless. If there are 3 nights where a No Lynch is achieved, the bar will close and everyone will lose. (hey that ryhmes)
... If Mafia had a night kill
Then explain how the fuck there would be three nights no lynch acheieved. If this was the case then this rule would be unnecessary. Mafia could kill their way to victory.
No lynch D1, mafia nightkill: eight alive. No lynch D2, mafia nightkill: seven alive. No lynch D3, six alive, mafia nightkill. No lynch D4, mafia nightkill. You can no lynch four times before getting to lylo in this game. Plenty of time for allowing that rule. That doesn't factor in failed nightkills, either, which can extend the length of the game even further. With each failed mafia kill, the game goes on for at least half a day longer. It could be tempting for the town to try a no-lynch for role-related reasons. It could be tempting for the town to try a no-lynch for play-related reasons. It could be tempting for the mafia to try and no-lynch faking one of the two for furthering their wincon. The universal-lose phrase is there to prevent any of that from being viable.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Impoetic »

i wouldn't expect flavor to be directly AI but again, it affects what abilities you have and a ton of people have given partial roleclaims already.

luv did you ever state what the name of the ascetic ability was? Each ability has a flavor name
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1048, MathBlade wrote:Mastina for what is clearly bullshit here and she is better than that.
Uh huh.
Yeah, let's see who's the one who was spewing bullshit postgame shall we? The only difference is I'm not actually surprised by it from you!
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1185, MathBlade wrote:Jill is not confirmed in the game.

Roles can be given that are useless ala named townie.

See wake's role madness w/ deputy.

Not galdiating Jae I believe them.

Need to reset when not at work.
@Mod:
will you tell us whether roles posted at the beginning of this game are confirmed to be in it or not?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1187, Impoetic wrote:i wouldn't expect flavor to be directly AI but again, it affects what abilities you have and a ton of people have given partial roleclaims already.

luv did you ever state what the name of the ascetic ability was? Each ability has a flavor name
No.

Unknown Requests.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1068, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1037, Purple Nurple wrote:I'll have you know I think this is not the greatest of ideas.
Just for the record
this is mafia getting ready for a mislynch me thinks. :D :D :D :D D: D: D:
It is rather explicitly me acknowledging the very strong possibility of a mislynch, yes.

Because we're not fucking lynching you when we absolutely should be fucking lynching you.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Impoetic »

Roles can be given that are useless. They're called fruit vendors, no?

Why give roles that imply a factional kill when it's not there when it will become obvious it's not there over the course of the game?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 1190, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1187, Impoetic wrote:i wouldn't expect flavor to be directly AI but again, it affects what abilities you have and a ton of people have given partial roleclaims already.

No.

Unknown Requests.
"No" what?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1192, Impoetic wrote:Roles can be given that are useless. They're called fruit vendors, no?

Why give roles that imply a factional kill when it's not there when it will become obvious it's not there over the course of the game?
Bastard.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1193, Impoetic wrote:
In post 1190, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

No.

Unknown Requests.
"No" what?
No I didn't state it previously.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Impoetic »

OK. Thank you.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Did the mod confirm that he would be honest?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Impoetic »

Why would the mod put a fake role in and then lie that it was confirmed in the game?

What's the point?

Why is this even a question?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Impoetic »

"Bastard" means there's the potential for a game to be misleading, yes, but wouldn't it be misleading you in ways that actually made sense or severely affected something about the game in a tangible way that a mod would want to implement? i don't picture a mod making up the nightkill thing
and
going so far as to make up a role that's anti-nightkill
and
lying about something being mod-confirmed.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”