Micro 738: Fountain of Tired Souls [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm aruging that I have had no intentions to purposefully upset you. I didn't either to Yuri in Civ and it wasn't until Kyuoko pointed out how uncomfortable I was that I stopped. Comparing how I treated him in that game to how I've interacted with you here is to show that I think you might be blowing this thing out of proportion.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

2 v 7 is not balanced with night kills no matter how many PRs.

Can't have night kills and this much power.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

Like the newbie queue is inherently townsided. Now I really have to go. Spending too much time here as it is.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1198, Impoetic wrote:Why would the mod put a fake role in and then lie that it was confirmed in the game?
Why would the mod put a fake role in and then lie about it being confirmed in the game and then also have PLAYERS LIKE ME RECEIVE ROLES WHICH CONFIRM A MECHANIC DIRECTLY TIED TO THAT ROLE IN THE GAME, for that matter.

As in.
Jill's bartending is a publicly-known power she possesses. You can read about the mechanics of her bartending power.
I am telling you that part of my role PM RATHER EXPLICITLY SAYS that if I target Jill and Jill makes a piano women, I will receive an enhanced version of my role. (I even know what the enhancement is!)
That pretty unambiguously says that Jill is a real fucking role in the game.

And I'm sure I'm not the only player who has a power buffed by visiting Jill with Jill making the right drink.
If anyone else cared to, they could easily back me up by listing what drink they need.
Hydra of Eddie Cane and mastina.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1224, MathBlade wrote:That doesn't count as confirmed in a bastard game. *shrug*

Like the moderator is in the game.

I feel like everyone is treating this game as a normal game instead of a bastard one.
I've seen you do this before.
I don't think you actually understand what a bastard game is.
It isn't a game meant to fuck with the players ability to play a game.
It isn't a game where the mod will fuck you over for their own amusement.
It is a game where, as an example from Undertale, alignments may change upon lynching someone, for example.
It's not a game where the mod will say "this role is confirmed to be in this game" then not have the role in the game.
That's..not what bastard means.

And 2v7 mountainous with no nightkills is balanced.
But we have PRs so 2v7 role madness with nightkills can very well be balanced and is actually what one should expect.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1210, JaeReed wrote:You nahdia and impo can all be my "I'd rather you win regardless of alignment" because you're the only people who consistently all game actually treat me like a fucking human being instead of constantly belittling me and kicking me until I snap.
Basically, yeah. We have a bit of a townbloc there but it alone isn't enough. With eight alive we need one more person to not be a fucking moron and yet we don't have them. That being said,
It's almost at the point where I want to claim and push for my own lynch and then maybe you guys can get someone who cares about alignments in rather than someone who feels as though half the game isn't being played by people but rather demons intent on pushing my mental state over the edge.
I absolutely need you in this game because if you leave then frankly I'm just throwing my hands up in the air, declaring "fuck this game", and leaving it to Eddie Cane.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have no clue what drink I need and am not told.

The drink quote was from a Wikipedia search :/

Erm...Let's agree and disagree on bastard post game.

For now let's focus on lynching scum.

I don't believe you're scum. I just don't think you're right based on my role PM either. Like I am infinite shot. That is the problem I have. Like I could dictate every lynch in the game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 am

Post by JaeReed »

Would also like to say my role has a specific clause in it about if I'm targeted for a nightkill.
Nightkills are confirmed in this game.
Math you aren't that great at setup spec. I've seen you try and fail so many times. This isn't face to face. It doesn't balance remotely like face to face mafia. Your best bet right now is to ask mastina "what would make this balanced" and then listen to her theory ramble, which regardless of alignment she wouldn't lie about.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 am

Post by gerryoat »

btw thats why i thought it was multiball. because i figured the person whose name i got in my role PM was prob 3rd party since their alignment was redacted. I figured it would be stupid to give a cop a free mafia in the game. and also i doubted they were town cause it would just say they are town
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

VOTE: gerryoat?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am

Post by gerryoat »

either way, i still say that mafia night kill has a mechanic to it, i agree with math. i think if there is a night kill, maybe there it is only 2 shot or something like that. if it's something like that, maf would likely save it imo.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

Post by gerryoat »

I can literally confirm myself as town tomorrow. you guys are being idiots. im checking myself tonight, sorry jae. but say i get redirected to LUV by checking you, i'm just auto lynched. this way mafia either has to kill me somehow or let me confirmed. either way, im confirmed town.
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1224, MathBlade wrote:That doesn't count as confirmed in a bastard game. *shrug*
It's a bastard game so maybe XnadrojX was actually scum! :roll:

...Yeah. You can only make so fucking many assumptions off of the mod declaring the game loosely bastard. I called every Hilariously Unbalanced Mafia game I ran bastard. I called Gistou bastard. But I never lied to players openly. I just told them I was being openly misleading. Alisae is much the same in mindset. You can't write everything said by Alisae off as being a lie. There is a fundamental requirement that you assume some basics are true.

Like.
You can think. "Maybe the mod lied about my role." Maybe the mod lied about your results. Maybe the mod told a falsehood. Maybe the mod this, maybe the mod that. You get the fucking point. You can justify literally anything in this game with "but this game is bastard, so maybe the mod...". It doesn't fly.

I am going to take what is given to me as evidence of it being there.

Especially given that Jill was my first fucking pick. I didn't get Jill, which implies someone else did.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am

Post by gerryoat »

OH WAIT I FORGOT WE PICKED PPL LOL. i'm gonna check who i submitted cause i picked 3 random people. i wanna see if i got who i submitted. maybe that will help somehow
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1226, MathBlade wrote:2 v 7 is not balanced with night kills no matter how many PRs.
Gee no wonder Newbie games are so notoriously scumsided! :roll:

2v7 absolutely IS balanced with nightkills with PRs.

If you're saying it's not balanced in favor of the town...then making the game have no fucking nightkills tips the balance FURTHER TOWARDS TOWN, not further away from town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1238, gerryoat wrote:OH WAIT I FORGOT WE PICKED PPL LOL. i'm gonna check who i submitted cause i picked 3 random people. i wanna see if i got who i submitted. maybe that will help somehow
Lol
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:59 am

Post by gerryoat »

okay so the 1st person i picked i didnt get. i got the 2nd person. so im guessing if that person claims that person they are actually that person and not a fake claim
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1236, gerryoat wrote:I can literally confirm myself as town tomorrow. you guys are being idiots. im checking myself tonight, sorry jae. but say i get redirected to LUV by checking you, i'm just auto lynched. this way mafia either has to kill me somehow or let me confirmed. either way, im confirmed town.
I mean Math literally made the utility of you targeting me useless by outing my role to the entire game.
The point was if you could tell me you were redirected I'd know you targeted me even if it went to LUV ultimately or the nk, in that I would know for sure that you didn't purposely fuck with the target because you couldn't.
That relied on you not knowing prior that I was a loud nexus - because now you could just say "got the message I was redirected to x" and it means nothing because you're aware of it.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by gerryoat »

so i know there are 2 flavors in this game that cant fake claimed
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I forgot my names ;(
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1241, gerryoat wrote:okay so the 1st person i picked i didnt get. i got the 2nd person. so im guessing if that person claims that person they are actually that person and not a fake claim
Ali could have just chosen your 2nd pick in an attempt of "I think I can make a better balanced game with roles that suit this character better than the other picks".
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Jae, i'm asking you to trust me just this once. if i am just BSing, you can never trust me again in any game ever. deal?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1245, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1241, gerryoat wrote:okay so the 1st person i picked i didnt get. i got the 2nd person. so im guessing if that person claims that person they are actually that person and not a fake claim
Ali could have just chosen your 2nd pick in an attempt of "I think I can make a better balanced game with roles that suit this character better than the other picks".
oh i thought it was in order. lame
Purple Nurple
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Purple Nurple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Purple Nurple »

In post 1227, MathBlade wrote:Like the newbie queue is inherently townsided. Now I really have to go. Spending too much time here as it is.
Okay so.
You're seriously saying.
That 2v7 with nightkills is townsided when you give the town PRS.

Then you are suggesting REMOVING THE SCUM'S NIGHTKILL.
And INCREASING THE TOWN ROLES TO THE POINT WHERE EVERY PLAYER HAS ONE.

...Somehow makes the game be more balanced for the scum?

FUCK no.

Increasing the town roles to the point where every player has one makes the game be more townsided.
Removing nightkills makes the game be even more townsided.
In contrast, having a nightkill makes the game be more balanced especially if scum have kill enhancement. Alisae is REALLY fond of both ninjas and strongmen. (Btw Alisae's strongmen I believe get roleblocked. Have to double-check on that.)

And.

Let me put it to you another way, Mathblade.

Do you think.
Do you honestly.
Seriously.
Think.

The the mafia have no nightkill.
When the town has a public-revealing cop?

Let me spell out the math for you on what that does.
D1, we lynch. Since the mafia have no nightkill in your fantasy world, they can do fuckall to stop anything.
gerryoat gets a cleared result. 2/9 players' alignments known.
D2, we lynch. 8 alive. The mafia with no nightkill can do fuckall. gerryoat gets a cleared result. 4/9 players' alignments known.
D3, we lynch. 7 alive. The mafia with no nightkill can do fuckall. gerryoat gets a cleared result. 6/9 players' alignments known.
D4, we lynch. 6 alive. The mafia with no nightkill can do fuckall. gerryoat gets a cleared result. 8/9 players' alignments known.
D5, we lynch. 5 alive. The mafia with no nightkill can do fuckall. Every players' alignment is known.

There is ZERO WORLDS where that math works out even remotely.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by gerryoat »

i think there is a mechanic as to either its a 2 shot kill or if everyone NLs then mafia gets a kill.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”