Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1073, drealmerz7 wrote:no, you've given lame ass excuses
a tactic scum typically uses
Yeah, I think I made the right decision not telling you why I was voting you way back when. Talking to you is like banging my head against the wall.

P-edit: The sharp turnaround on Dreal's Lycan scumread is kinda amazing, though.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1076, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1073, drealmerz7 wrote:no, you've given lame ass excuses
a tactic scum typically uses
1.) Yeah, I think I made the right decision not telling you why I was voting you way back when. Talking to you is like banging my head against the wall.

2.) P-edit: The sharp turnaround on Dreal's Lycan scumread is kinda amazing, though.
1.) nay, yond's how t's been f'r me with thee since the receiveth wend
2.) what the hell art thee talking about? thou art just spewing tush tush the horror h're

scum spinner!
it's a winner!
balance among all things
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1077, drealmerz7 wrote: 2.) what the hell art thee talking about? thou art just spewing tush tush the horror h're
You've been attacking every new voter on the Lycan wagon and calling it a wagon that was built up to counter me. Sounds very much like you're not scumreading him anymore.

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

uhh, no
just go
balance among all things
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1008, Bulbazak wrote:@Eddie: Also, pay attention to how she shifts over the next couple of days.

Just going to hot drop the reads I have so far. Snarky, Sly, Vecna, Mario, and Dan are all town. Dreal is likely town as well, although if we do get confirmation of multiball, I'll need to revisit this. I think Eddie might be town here, but only because I think he chose town on the survey to increase the odds that we'd land the same alignment. I believe he knew that I was really not interested in playing scum this game. Same deal for Alisae. I know from Day and Night that she doesn't really like scum, so I think she opted for town or some sort of survivor role here. I also think Mastina is probably town, mainly due to the way she entered the game. I don't think she'd deal with the questionarre in the same way as scum. She'd be displaying more confidence, and it's apparent that she has no idea what to do with the information she's got. I might need to reevaluate later, because this is Mastina we're talking about, but I'm feeling pretty confident here. I'm leaning town on Midget and Dunker. They're both almost there, but I want to see more. Mulch is also likely town, but he's a good vig or policy target, and like I said, how he's claimed doesn't sit well with me. My strongest scumread is Chickadee. Everyone else I'm still working on.
I feel this merits some questioning, as im still rather on the fence about your slot. Why a townread on snarky and sly? Seems to me they havent done much, and snarky has mainly been hiding behind his posting restriction without actually doing much. The same question for your lean on random. How come mulch is likely town even though you dont like his claim?

Also, care to elaborate on your read on Chickadee? I was the only one to catch on to her being scum in a very recent game with her - and her behaviour this game is something totally different from what I can see.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1010, Desperado wrote:
unvote
vote: lycan
Im also still wondering why people are picking up a lot on inactive slots, but are completely ignoring this one.

Desperado definately lurks as scum, and hasnt done anything so far this game. Would like to get some more votes here.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I like you and your posts but we aren't running up lurking scum d1 with 1.5days left.

Let's make the active one sweat a little eh?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1040, drealmerz7 wrote:2 days, folks
*pokes pokes pokes*
consolidate or make a push for your preferred wagon
there's no need for any of this to drag on
Ehm, oh right. Short day1 Guess I better make that post at the end of this catchup
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Vecna »

Alright a bit of "information time"......

My 3 game related questions that I designed were the following;

-What post restriction should dreal have
-Would you like there to be a questionaire investigator role?
-What would you like the scum team to be called? (Hidden: THE MOD CHOOSES THE BEST ANSWER, AND ASIGNS THAT PLAYER WITH THE STRONGEST SCUM PR)

Im quite sure people can easily see the type of mechanics interaction I wanted to add to the game. Sadly the mod did pm me that he could not guarantee that the hidden part would become part of the game since it would give me a rather unfair information advantage.

The reason why I started just asking people about the answer to this question, instead of revealing the design first should also be obvious. I wanted to see how people would respond, since if the hidden part did make it into the game, a certain strong scum PR should go into a rather big panic realizing that there was a way for us to figure him out.

The response has been rather varied, with quite a few people answering without giving a second thought, and a bunch of people refusing or claiming they forgot. Im not sure what that means for the actual design of the question, but I think its safe to say that any QUESTIONAIRE INVESTIGATOR should be focussing on investigating answers to the SCUMTEAM NAME answer.

Im sure ill get flooded with the usual questions again, but here's to hoping I explained it properly
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: Lycan
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I highly highly highly doubteth the mod'rat'r compli'd with yond aspect of thy questioneth. Yond'd just beest lacking valor modding "hmmm alloweth me giveth a huge advantage to 1 playeth'r bas'd on super secret info yond only those gents knoweth about" - just not going to befall
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

f'r the rec'rd I eke hadst a secret aspect to 1 of mine own questions and didst get the same response from the mod about t not being guarante'd to beest in the game, and I knoweth f'r c'rtain yond t is not parteth of the game
balance among all things
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:34 am

Post by ActionDan »

I didn't even notice there was only less than 2 days left. Seems a little like mod fuckery tbh but I don't remember the original deadline.

Anyway I'm still sitting on an RVS vote essentially (with a caveat) on a main wagon. I'll reread the thread today.

UNVOTE:
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:29 am

Post by chesskid3 »

no you aren't didn't you read what Bulb said? You're on the scumzzsss wagon which Bulb has become the panic counter wagon to!

*eyeroll*
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1080, Vecna wrote:Why a townread on snarky and sly? Seems to me they havent done much, and snarky has mainly been hiding behind his posting restriction without actually doing much.
Snarky has been doing a bit, and he's very similar to how I've seen him as town. That was actually a pretty easy read. Sly's been trying a bit here and there, and do sense that he's trying to engage and figure things out. I don't have much experience with him, but I'm definitely getting some sincerity tone-wise.
In post 1080, Vecna wrote: The same question for your lean on random.
Gut? I do have some experience with him, and this does seem like his town game, but I really haven't seen enough to really nail that down. So going with my gut on this one and saying likely town.
In post 1080, Vecna wrote: How come mulch is likely town even though you dont like his claim?
Because even though I think his claim is likely to be false, I think he did it for panicky/trolly town reasons and not panicky scum ones. That being said, I'm not opposed to him being vigged.
In post 1080, Vecna wrote: Also, care to elaborate on your read on Chickadee? I was the only one to catch on to her being scum in a very recent game with her - and her behaviour this game is something totally different from what I can see.
Chickadee has only focused on mechanics and, prior to me, her focus has been on lynching Toby, a non-player slot that was likely to not give as much information as an actual player. She's been on the sidelines and avoiding the actual events of the game. I've been the only other player she's placed a vote on, and she took her time feeling that one out when I had a lot of attention.
In post 1081, Vecna wrote:
In post 1010, Desperado wrote:
unvote
vote: lycan
Im also still wondering why people are picking up a lot on inactive slots, but are completely ignoring this one.

Desperado definately lurks as scum, and hasnt done anything so far this game. Would like to get some more votes here.
I'm giving Desp a day, because I want to take my time with that read. Also, I'm waiting for something from him. If he still hasn't picked up the pace by d2, I'll join you on the wagon.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1086, drealmerz7 wrote:I highly highly highly doubteth the mod'rat'r compli'd with yond aspect of thy questioneth. Yond'd just beest lacking valor modding "hmmm alloweth me giveth a huge advantage to 1 playeth'r bas'd on super secret info yond only those gents knoweth about" - just not going to befall
Well IIRC the mod did state somewhere that knowledge about the questions/answers could confer an ingame advantage at some point IIRC - and even if my question does have the hidden part - actually knowing that that is how it works doesnt automatically find scum. Wed still need to figure out the actual name of the scumteam, AND then have a questionaire investigator find that person
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:54 am

Post by Vecna »

As for your answers Balba - ok. Not the most sturdy of reasoning everywhere, but I can at least see where youre coming from on most of them.

As for chickadee, check out her type of talking as scum in Breaking bad Mafia (small theme that recently'ish finished) - the tone and type of engagement are a lot more advanced there - and you can see she is very capable of pulling a "hide in plain sight" trick on pretty much everyone if she tries. I do not think she's just trying a completely new approach here as scum that is different to that extent.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:56 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

deadline wast 6+ days from the beginning
how doth people not payeth attention to this stuffeth?

I find it hard to believe vecna wasn't aware
he's definitely a more perceptive player
balance among all things
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:00 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1092, Vecna wrote:As for your answers Balba - ok. Not the most sturdy of reasoning everywhere, but I can at least see where youre coming from on most of them.
It's d1. I don't expect many reads to be all that sturdy. I'm still in the process of sorting.
In post 1092, Vecna wrote: As for chickadee, check out her type of talking as scum in Breaking bad Mafia (small theme that recently'ish finished) - the tone and type of engagement are a lot more advanced there - and you can see she is very capable of pulling a "hide in plain sight" trick on pretty much everyone if she tries. I do not think she's just trying a completely new approach here as scum that is different to that extent.
Do you think she would only focus on mechanics and not on things going in the game as town?

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 am

Post by Vecna »

Ive mainly focused/commented on mechanics myself, and I tended to believe the posting about not feeling well and getting drowned due to the player limit. My point is that she doesnt have to resolve to avoiding player-based issues and reads as scum, since she's completely capable of fabricating and manipulating her way through those in a believable manner.

@Dreal, I did notice the short deadline at the start of d1, guess the week just mustve flown by rather quickly.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@Vecna: But you've been approaching things from the angle of making things easier for town PRs. That's how I got the strong townread on you. I wasn't getting anything of substance from Chickadee. However, I'll trust you on this and give her some more time to stabilize. There are other interesting things happening with these wagons anyway.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:11 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1087, drealmerz7 wrote:f'r the rec'rd I eke hadst a secret aspect to 1 of mine own questions and didst get the same response from the mod about t not being guarante'd to beest in the game, and I knoweth f'r c'rtain yond t is not parteth of the game
Also, can you clarify how you can be certain that my hidden part didnt make it in? Would be usefull to know.

To be honest, Id find it strange if it wasnt included. Especially given how there werent that many questions that would merit investigating otherwise - and I do believe questionaire investigators were included.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Vecna »

Dear mod - would it be possible for all players to receive a record of their answers to the questionnaire? Im guessing this must be possible since replacements also get it. The longer this game goes on, the more plausible it becomes that people start forgetting what they answered.....and I think it would be nice to at least eradicate that as an excuse
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Bulbazak »

It can be requested. I asked for a record of mine after filling it out.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”