Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1096, Morality wrote:I've given that, so this is another crap post by you.
No it isn't, it's completely natural to want explanations for a baseless read.

Although, your right that Ghostlin is mispreprsenting it a bit that you've "pushed" him to the extent his post indicates.
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1030, Morality wrote:It's exactly how I'd expect him to act based on the personality being shown
in this post.
In post 1030, Morality wrote: based on the personality being shown
in this post.
In post 1030, Morality wrote:
in this post.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Modding - A Death Note Series -
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1099, Morality wrote:
In post 1098, Mulch wrote:
In post 1066, Mulch wrote:
In post 1064, Morality wrote:You guys are putting too much pretense into me saying expect. I saw the post, and after seeing that, an "Oh yeah, that makes sense with his personality. I'd expect that coming from town him if that's the case." kind of deal.
Where had you seen his personality?
@Morality

You said that the lazy vote comment was because it fit in with his personality,
before the comment itself (in which you made a positive comparison to his personality)
, where had you seen that aspect of his personality if you hadn't had games with him before?

I specifically said "in this post", so this is inaccurate.
Maybe I'm getting confused again but you townread him for that post matching what you would expect with his personality, right?
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1100, Mulch wrote:
In post 1096, Morality wrote:I've given that, so this is another crap post by you.
No it isn't, it's completely natural to want explanations for a baseless read.

Although, your right that Ghostlin is mispreprsenting it a bit that you've "pushed" him to the extent his post indicates.
Sure, a baseless read, but my read isn't baseless. It was gut. I stated that I couldn't explain it yet. Might not like that, but it is in fact a base.
“DON’T GET BOGGED DOWN IN HIS SWAMP OF WIFOM!” - Chip Butty to guiltied Scum Morality. Spoiler, they sunk.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1102, Mulch wrote:
In post 1099, Morality wrote:
In post 1098, Mulch wrote:
In post 1066, Mulch wrote:
In post 1064, Morality wrote:You guys are putting too much pretense into me saying expect. I saw the post, and after seeing that, an "Oh yeah, that makes sense with his personality. I'd expect that coming from town him if that's the case." kind of deal.
Where had you seen his personality?
@Morality

You said that the lazy vote comment was because it fit in with his personality,
before the comment itself (in which you made a positive comparison to his personality)
, where had you seen that aspect of his personality if you hadn't had games with him before?

I specifically said "in this post", so this is inaccurate.
Maybe I'm getting confused again but you townread him for that post matching what you would expect with his personality, right?
It was more of me seeing him post like that, and then analyzing after I saw said post, if that makes sense. I've dropped some emphasis on my Light character play to try and clear things up.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Morality »

After seeing the post, it was like an..."Oh, hmm, I didn't know he had that kind of personality. That changes things. I'd expect that coming from him now."

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1103, Morality wrote:Sure, a baseless read, but my read isn't baseless. It was gut. I stated that I couldn't explain it yet. Might not like that, but it is in fact a base
Dude, whether gut reads are legitimate is neither here nor there. I used to be a player that played almost entirely on gut reads, I've since changed, but you do you. But it's definintely not scummy by Ghostlin to push you for reasonless reads. I would know, I was lynched day 1 almost all the time because people hated that I coulden't back up my reads and realized that it would be easily replicable by scum.
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1106, Mulch wrote:
In post 1103, Morality wrote:Sure, a baseless read, but my read isn't baseless. It was gut. I stated that I couldn't explain it yet. Might not like that, but it is in fact a base
Dude, whether gut reads are legitimate is neither here nor there. I used to be a player that played almost entirely on gut reads, I've since changed, but you do you. But it's definintely not scummy by Ghostlin to push you for reasonless reads. I would know, I was lynched day 1 almost all the time because people hated that I coulden't back up my reads and realized that it would be easily replicable by scum.
False. You called it baseless. It is in fact a base.

I don't play on gut, Mulch. It's Boon.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1105, Morality wrote:After seeing the post, it was like an..."Oh, hmm, I didn't know he had that kind of personality. That changes things. I'd expect that coming from him now."
But didn't you just say
the post itself
influenced your personality?

So, let's dumb this down for me.

You see a post. You say, hey, based on Panther's personality, it makes sense for him to do that post, so I'm going to townread him based on it.

But the way you gleaned information about his personality...was the same post?

So coulden't this just be said about any post?

"In post 67, I gained information about someone's personality, and therefore the post matched his personality"

Well duh, because the entire basis for the personality was that post
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1107, Morality wrote:

What's with you and alts :lol: :lol:

Wazzup Boon
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Morality »

You think I'm going to actively not look for people and try to make cases for them being scum, even if I was scum?

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Mulch »

I don't care if it's a base, people push others for doing pushes that don't make sense or that don't have adequate reasons all the time. So regardless of the fact if your a player that does gut base reads like that, it's not scummy for him to push it.
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1109, Mulch wrote:
In post 1107, Morality wrote:

What's with you and alts :lol: :lol:

Wazzup Boon
I wanted to challenge myself and play a character. I'm going to go back to that pretty soon, haha. This one wasn't intended to be secret anyways.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1111, Mulch wrote:I don't care if it's a base, people push others for doing pushes that don't make sense or that don't have adequate reasons all the time. So regardless of the fact if your a player that does gut base reads like that, it's not scummy for him to push it.
Sure, it's not, but him calling it baseless is.

Regardless, I'm one of the people who talk about why people should always be trying to make cases, town or scum. :lol: :lol:

If I don't make cases, it's because I'm still working out what the case is, and how I want to go about pushing it.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1110, Morality wrote:You think I'm going to actively not look for people and try to make cases for them being scum, even if I was scum?
It woulden't be that you would "choose" to not make cases based on people, most scum don't have the ability to make flawless cases on town and a gut read would sort of be a substitutute.

I mean, that's how you catch all scum:

1) Does their mindset line up to their actions, can you follow their thoughts [Good early game]

2) Are they making a pattern of things that are easily fakeable and shallow and not really progressing the game at all [Good late game]

Gut reads sort of follow up into both, it's easily fakeable and also you can't
see
if the mindset leads into the actions.
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1114, Mulch wrote:most scum don't have the ability to make flawless cases on town and a gut read would sort of be a substitutute.
I do.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Morality »

I am a firm believer that it is much easier to make a scum case on townies than it is to make a scum case on scum.

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1113, Morality wrote:I'm one of the people who talk about why people should always be trying to make cases, town or scum
I actually think cases are in effect what scum does to hide their confirmation bias. I mean, most cases I see on this site are just posting entire Isos and not taking into account the redeeming qualities of them. So if I made a case on you right now Boon, it would look virtually indistiguishable to if I made a case on you as scum, as both times I'm just trying to highlight every bad thing I find (basically, it's "forced" the way scum act all the time)
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1115, Morality wrote:
In post 1114, Mulch wrote:most scum don't have the ability to make flawless cases on town and a gut read would sort of be a substitutute.
I do.
:igmeou:

mhm
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1116, Morality wrote:I am a firm believer that it is much easier to make a scum case on townies than it is to make a scum case on scum.
Scum making a scum case on townies than a townie making a scum case on scum*

FL

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1113, Morality wrote:Sure, it's not, but him calling it baseless is.
Your completely wrong here, it's 100% natural and reasonable and sensible and towny and w/e to think an say a gut read is baseless.

Luckily though, Ghostlin is scummy for other reasons
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1119, Morality wrote:Scum making a scum case on townies than a townie making a scum case on scum*
You know this is true for me :lol: :lol: my pushes when town get me lynched day 1 and my pushes as scum get me universally townread
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Mulch »

Can you answer
Amrock#3784
Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1117, Mulch wrote:
In post 1113, Morality wrote:I'm one of the people who talk about why people should always be trying to make cases, town or scum
I actually think cases are in effect what scum does to hide their confirmation bias. I mean, most cases I see on this site are just posting entire Isos and not taking into account the redeeming qualities of them. So if I made a case on you right now Boon, it would look virtually indistiguishable to if I made a case on you as scum, as both times I'm just trying to highlight every bad thing I find (basically, it's "forced" the way scum act all the time)
This is true to an extent. While looking through a narrow tunnel, one might see them as indistinguishable, but when you take it a step forward and you can see a wider angle, the differences start to show. If you question the reasoning behind everything you do, you can make a scum case on town as scum, but a lot of times there's a simple answer to countering that. Why couldn't that be done as town?

*I stepped back into character.

FL

Morality
Morality
Mafia Scum
Morality
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Morality »

In post 1120, Mulch wrote:
In post 1113, Morality wrote:Sure, it's not, but him calling it baseless is.
Your completely wrong here, it's 100% natural and reasonable and sensible and towny and w/e to think an say a gut read is baseless.

Luckily though, Ghostlin is scummy for other reasons
Well, I disagree with this. If I were pushing the wagon harder, or trying super hard to get people to follow, I would agree, but I wasn't, so I am very aware that there isn't a foundation to build on, but there is a base, even if it isn't located yet.

FL

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”