Newbie 1821: The Newlywed Game [Game Over][

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Cabd »

Votecount 2-2

It is currently day two. With 7 players alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch or force a no-lynch.

RadiantCowbells (2): Keychain, darrenwoodward10
Keychain (1): Plus Minus

Not Voting (4): northsidegal, Huntress, Mr. Moisto, RadiantCowbells

The deadline for day two was set at 2 weeks from the start of the day. The current timer can be seen here: (expired on 2017-10-03 22:42:16)

Replacing Mr. Moisto
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 896, Keychain wrote:@Plus: The game I'm referring to. I can point you to more specific parts if you want.

It's a slightly different situation from this one if I'm understanding you correctly. RC replaced into a scum slot D2 and in trying to get a pretty strong townie lynched, offered a 1 for 1, even though if they were both town that would have lost us the game.
The similarities I'm seeing here are my main reason for townreading RC through that debacle was that I didn't think he would take that gamble as scum. He and his partner swept.

In post 893, RadiantCowbells wrote: If keychain is actually town here I guess she'll just literally never townread me
Yeah, don't count on it, that ship has sailed. Instead continue making me feel like I'm kicking a goddamn puppy.
You do understand why I'm scumreading you, right?
Regardless of your or even my alignment making you feel bad is not my intention here and not worth it to me.

Assuming I'm town, what do you want me to do here?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Also why do you have nothing to say to Huntress
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Keychain »

Because Huntress has plenty of questions already to help her provide content, whenever she can do that.

I don't think you'd be making me feel bad for the sake of it, I think you'd be doing it for a purpose and you'd be perfectly justified in doing so. It's an in-game kind of bad. It's fine.
So again, you know why I'm scumreading you, yes? Do you think that the way you've interacted with me deserves a townread?

Assuming you're town, I want you to lynch scum. You are instead awkwardly stalling by focusing on me - "Keychain is scum so imma vote her to make my point clear but also definitely not trying to lynch her today nope because invest could clear her so imma unvote and be sad about people scumreading me as if that's useful in any way whatsoever". You don't want to lynch me today, that's just a bad idea. You want Huntress? Sell me on her or something. Jeez. Although yes, if you're town, it may still be better to lynch you now since I'm going to be suspicious of you for the rest of the game.
Also tell me your thoughts on Darren. Something happen to make you think he's not scum? He was on a tier with me end of D1.

northsidegal wrote:it's not huntress specifically, i guess it's just scum in general. going off the idea that in general scum try to avoid attention, huntress' actions make sense in that context with the lurking and not mentioning the scum partner. it's hard to do something like find anti-town motivation in someone's reads because reads are subjective, so you have to look at the context around the reads, ie is it an omgus vote or is it a chainsaw vote or is it disingenuious or things like that. i was asked based on the nictis interactions who looks the worst, and to me it seems like that's huntress.
I see what you're getting at. But I mean - was Huntress commenting less on Nictis than other players?
I should ISO Nic. They're flipped scum and since they're inexperienced there might be something good. I'll do it sometime today.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:15 pm

In post 90, Nictis wrote:darren is slightly paranoid that he's gonna be targetted for next to no reason (humor is still appreciated, even if it falls flat!) you seem to be grabbing attention and working through the information fairly, which is why I expect you might ne dead tomorrow, and nobody else really stands out.
I mean it's worth pointing out that he also potentially tried to lay a false trail with Cheeky
In post 743, Nictis wrote:I don't want to die, and it's been obvious that this would go on until either Cheeky or I get lynched. I know I'm town, and I *know* she's scum and that's why I've been pushing so hard against her, even if it makes me appear as the obvious bad guy.
but that makes me slow to scumread Darren.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:28 pm

(Also the second wasn't necessarily intentional, it could have been phrasing: whereas the first one would spew Darren as town pretty hard.)
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Keychain »

... I might be being slow, but I'm not sure what you're pointing out here. Please spell it out for me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

He said that he expected Darren to wind up dead tomorrow because he was grabbing attention and working through the information fairly.

Barring Nictis being far more skilled than we realized and intentionally laying a false spew very early on in the game, that makes Darren town.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:34 pm

In post 897, Keychain wrote:North, why do you think Huntress would avoid talking about a partner? I wonder if that might have been because she's low activity, not because of a link between them. I haven't checked whether she talked about Nictis less than the rest of the players.
Also you guys _REALLY_ neeed to stop doing this because that's now two people (excluding me) who have forgotten that they are supposed to have innos.
And since you're scummy as all hell you eating a misplaced role bullet would have been incredibly useful.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Don't push on your innos today, don't discuss the matter further. thanks.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Keychain »

North is my inno. I'm getting her opinion on Huntress. Her inno was Moisto. What the hell are you talking about?
RadiantCowbells wrote:He said that he expected Darren to wind up dead tomorrow because he was grabbing attention and working through the information fairly.

Barring Nictis being far more skilled than we realized and intentionally laying a false spew very early on in the game, that makes Darren town.
Oh, okay.
I could see it between scumpartners. He sees his partner grabbing attention, comments on it and on the paranoia (which would of course be fairly standout to scum who know for certain who won't be dying overnight) and is pretty tepid. I'm not seeing it as strongly as you are.

So this readslist:
In post 663, RadiantCowbells wrote:{RC, Moisto, +/-, Cheeky}
{North}
{Huntress}
{Keychain, Darren}
{Nictis}
did not include any associative reasoning?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I had actually completely forgot about it around that point in the game. I only revisited it again today.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm

I'll say nothing else about it till postgame for -scum strategy- reasons.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:47 pm

It did. I don't think that WhyMafia is particularly scummy independently. It's mostly only his associatives with Nictis that bring him down.
I'm trying to get past that because some of the stuff that you've said to me I have difficulty believing comes from scum, but I don't actually know your scum game besides as a hydra.
This is way, way above your caliber as a scum player in the Penn & Teller game but I haven't seen your actual scum play.

Darren still has bad stuff and his tone is all over the place but I'm not sure how much that makes him town.
Mr Moisto has some incredibly towny stuff and then a few things that are really scummy and I'm kind of reevaluating that now.
Huntress is the easy secondary pick for scum to me because she hasn't done anything but again she hasn't done anything so it's hard to say and I know she's been -things- so

If you're town there's no easy pick for me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:48 pm

NSG I have believed is town for a long time and her reaction to my selfvote mostly confirms it fmpov.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Keychain »

RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll say nothing else about it till postgame for -scum strategy- reasons.
Bloody hell. You're not even going to say what it is in that is somehow breaking your rules?

You can't be saying that I'm not even allowed to
talk
to my inno? Which is stupid for all kinds of reasons.
Or that I'm not allowed to push Huntress? Which doesn't make sense at all.
You just want me to stop doing... something?

If you're pulling this as town you can bet you're going to explain yourself postgame.
RadiantCowbells wrote:It did. I don't think that WhyMafia is particularly scummy independently. It's mostly only his associatives with Nictis that bring him down.
I'm trying to get past that because some of the stuff that you've said to me I have difficulty believing comes from scum, but I don't actually know your scum game besides as a hydra.
This is way, way above your caliber as a scum player in the Penn & Teller game but I haven't seen your actual scum play.
If you're town, I'm flattered.
P&T is not that representative of my scumplay, this is true. I've only got a couple games as scum apart from that. One I played horrendously and got lynched Day 2, largely thanks to huge meta differences from my town game. The other one I played well and won but that was partly (mostly) due to the town repeatedly stepping on its own toes.
I think something you've said here doesn't quite line up. I thought you were scumreading WhyM before Nic, but I can't remember. I'll check. But I still think your reasons for scumreading WhyM are oddly shallow and contrived.

If there's no easy pick apart from me, you need to work on it, unless you're going to change your mind and try and lynch me today.

Are you still opposed to being lynched today?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so for now i feel like this is a good place for my vote.

VOTE: huntress
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:23 pm

In post 915, Keychain wrote:I think something you've said here doesn't quite line up. I thought you were scumreading WhyM before Nic, but I can't remember. I'll check. But I still think your reasons for scumreading WhyM are oddly shallow and contrived.
Are they more by the book tell based? Probably, but that's because I think that my normal way of reading him doesn't work.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:28 pm

I have wagoned and lynched people off of purely bad associatives before and I don't know why you think that that's super shallow.

You don't often get people whose associatives fmpov are as bad as Whymafia's were with flipped scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:34 pm

In post 915, Keychain wrote:Are you still opposed to being lynched today?
Do you want me to be opposed to being lynched today?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Unfortunately this is sort of what I do as town when I get scumread in bad ways, I can't really get past it and I either give subpar omgussy reads or I just brood on it.
I don't know why you think that this play is scum indicative, because it's not at all scum indicative for me, but you're looking for something that's not there in this gamestate.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:47 pm

What would you look for in order to determine that I was town here?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Keychain »

A good start would be showing the slightest fraction of interest in sorting the rest of the game though and finding someone to lynch. Or are you just going to sit today out?
RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 915, Keychain wrote:Are you still opposed to being lynched today?
Do you want me to be opposed to being lynched today?
What does it matter what I want? Answer the question. Be yourself.
RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't know why you think that this play is scum indicative, because it's not at all scum indicative for me, but you're looking for something that's not there in this gamestate.
Last bit is too cryptic for me. So you're saying you don't understand why I scumread you? Have I not been clear enough?

I think we're suffocating the game and should stop this soon.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Answer 921 please.
What does it matter what I want? Answer the question. Be yourself.
I want you to lynch me. I am reluctant to go through with that because I'm supposed to set a good example as an SE and also because I'm reluctant to trust you guys with the game. But in terms of what would give me the most immediate happiness, that's the clear winner.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 pm

In post 922, Keychain wrote:A good start would be showing the slightest fraction of interest in sorting the rest of the game though and finding someone to lynch. Or are you just going to sit today out?
I'm trying to get the gamestate to a point where I can start focusing on doing things rather than just being frustrated and mopey. I also don't understand why you think this is scum indicative.
Last bit is too cryptic for me. So you're saying you don't understand why I scumread you? Have I not been clear enough?
I don't understand why you think that the things that you think are scummy are, but I also think that you have a very one sided view of my gameplay. I don't think you would have any idea how to go about looking for towntells for me and my play is such that no matter what I do there's going to be stuff that reminds you of my scum game and you'll always see me as that until you start forcing yourself to stop. You're not the first person whose seen me in a game as scum then deathtunneled me like crazy over it, and it's not the first time I've just callen it quits. See this game

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”