Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Dreal's had a hard on for multiball for awhile now.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Toby Determined
Toby Determined
Townie
Toby Determined
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Toby Determined »

In post 1650, Bulbazak wrote:Dreal's had a hard on for awhile now.
same
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1610, Llamarble wrote:Bulbazak where does your mysterious Mario townread come from? It seems like all the sketchy people have sketchy interactions with Mario, and this makes me happy.
In post 995, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 976, chesskid3 wrote: Acceptable votes at the moment:

EddieFenix
Bulbazak
MarioMcSquirrelface
You're gonna need to explain why you have this "comprehensive" list. It's really flimsy. Bulb is doing what I expect him to do as town, so I have good vibes that he's town, I'm currently taking time to ask questions so I can sort. And Mario? Wut? Why?
In post 1152, ActionDan wrote:I don't agree with all his reads tho. Like I think bulb is town and Mario is town (weaker read), and dunker bird is not town for what has been posted at the least. I want to check out Eddie once more because it did ping me though earlier
Yay more questionable Mario interactions. Desp and Snarky could each work with Mario too, in different bussy ways.
neither of these are "questionable"; they are literally "explain your read" and "i have a townlean on x" consecutively
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1613, Llamarble wrote:Whoah. Vecnascum? Vecnascum!
Dunno about making that happen in the next day and change but for after my usual N1 death etc.
How unsurprising :)
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1621, xyzzy wrote:
something suddenly occurs to the people of Tibbiddee: there's not quite as many people here as there were earlier.

"I think I counted 45 of us earlier," one of them says. "yeah, it was 45."

"no," another one of them says. "you're thinking of the neighboring town of Echo Bay, Maryland, which has a population rapidly on the rise."

"you're right," the first one says. "I don't know what I was thinking. but we definitely have fewer than we did before."

"I wonder where the person and/or persons who were here before went?" asks a third person. "I mean, where could they possibly have gone?"

"I'm not sure," another person says. "also, was this tree here before? I don't remember this tree being here before."

"speaking as the Municipal Organizer of Delinquency," someone says, "I think the tree has definitely been here the whole time.

"I wasn't sure what to think," yet another person says, "but I don't see why the MOD would lie about that tree having been part of the town the whole time."

"I think the MOD would definitely lie about something like that," a final person says. "a recent survey shows that MODs lie on a frequent basis."

"who can say?" another person says. "maybe the MOD would lie even about stupid things, like which of us spoke last in a given conversation."

Not_Mafia is now a treestump! he no longer possesses a vote, and is treated as though he does not exist for purposes of determining win conditions.
And this sounds quite a lot like the role that Alisae was talking about earlier, the thing he wanted to be so badly
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1629, Mulch wrote:VOTE: Desperado

This is scum. I have mod confirmation.
Mulch, why arent you seeing what im seeing on Llamarble? join me and we'll get that slot tomorrow
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

@Eddie: I know you're still around. I want to get your thoughts on things that were happening around that Lycan wagon.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Vecna »

Anyways im starting to become more and more sure that Chesskid is also on the survivor faction. There is no reason for town to get that triggered over my line of questioning there, and there is something else at stake there that makes him so resolute and unwilling to see any other side of that coin. Scum wouldnt react that way to it either.

Llamurble reading into my reaction the way he did once again shows no actual interest in reading into a situation and genuinely trying to read allignment. Him going from a townread on me after first readthrough, purely trying to find reasons to scumread me after seeing im the one that continues to be onto him (after he even admitted my reasoning for doing so is totally valid) makes me totally unwilling to lynch anywhere else today.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Chickadee »

@NotMafia with mod lies confirmed (I'm treating it as such) what does this change about all the info you supposedly have?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

@Vecna: Nah, Chess is just scum.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by Vecna »

No he's not, that doesnt line up at all
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

He's looking for angles to push later on down the line that he can make appear important but are actually insignificant. Look at the Eddie activity push, for instance. He just says "He's posting elsewhere on the site.", implying that Eddie is active across the site and just ignoring this game based on scum motivation. The reality is that Eddie posted once just to /in into a second game. The same thing is happening here. He's pushing your interest in survivors as being something town should have no interest in, even though there are many players across the site who like to A.) know exactly what they're dealing with as town and B.) would want to identify survivors in addition to scum, because they view them as lesser scum and want to eliminate them as well. In fact, interest in finding survivors is not that uncommon with older players, so how Chess is getting to this being scum motivated is hard to believe. In essence, it's really a non-issue that could be coming from any alignment, and Chess would know that. And as a survivor, I don't think he'd care as much, as he'd just be trying to fit in.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Vecna »

Actually, as a survivor he'd definately have reasons to stop me from poking into it, and harassing alisae with questions on that matter - if everyone starts to dig into that sort of stuff it would only be a matter of time before he is (force) outted.

Have you played with scum-Chesskid before? Is that angle-looking that youre descibing how he has played as scum before? Hadnt really considered that reasoning behind it, and it seems a bit farfetched to me.....
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I can't remember if I've played with Chess since Fire Emblem: Awakening, and he was town there. But he was extremely strong town and immediately apparent. I'm not getting that here, and like I've said, I'm not seeing town motivation for a lot of his actions.

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 1657, Vecna wrote: Llamurble reading into my reaction the way he did once again shows no actual interest in reading into a situation and genuinely trying to read allignment. Him going from a townread on me after first readthrough, purely trying to find reasons to scumread me after seeing im the one that continues to be onto him (after he even admitted my reasoning for doing so is totally valid) makes me totally unwilling to lynch anywhere else today.
Ooh, "He even admitted X" is one of my favorite scum-constructions!
I said that avoiding ruffling feathers was a scumtell. Tell me more about all the feathers I'm not ruffling. Tell me more about how superficial my reads are...
You said lack of depth to reads is scummy, but in the 1 day I've been in this game I've already consumed the entire thread multiple different ways, even looked for supplemental information in other games trying to figure this out. I've pointed out posts that make me doubt the overall impressions I get of people so I can test those impressions and compare against other games.
1 day of play, and I'm already obvtown.
And yeah, once I'm satisfied that I understand this game well enough to lead the town, you'll see me get persuasive and actually explain things in such a way that others can see the game from my perspective and reach the same conclusions.
My scumgame, since Mastin asked, has always rested on the fact that sometimes I lurk as town (obligations and all), and then I kill everyone I can't just shout down and do 1v1 fights (because those are literally the easiest thing for scum to do, choosing a single target and constructing logical arguments why others should lynch them, complete with that delicious "He even admitted") until endgame. I am good at finding the path to victory. The thing I do not excel at as scum is exactly what I've spent the last day doing - the studying-storm of becoming one with the game to solve it.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1664, Llamarble wrote:Ooh, "He even admitted X" is one of my favorite scum-constructions!
yo help me git gud at the game and explain why :3
GTKAS
| here.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I've noticed in my own (and others' but most of my scumtells are differences I notice between my own scum / town games) play that scum gravitate toward this phrasing more often.
I believe the reason for this is scum feel a greater need to concretely justify themselves to others whereas town know that their own righteousness will clear them eventually.
So scum go for arguments like "Behold the inconsistency or error this player made!" or better yet "they :admitted: to this scummy thing!" because that even claims their target shouldn't disapprove of them.
Sorry if I haven't fully expressed the idea, but I think it's an important one. I guess to summarize, scum want their reasoning to be ironclad and look really good; town want their reasoning to be right.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

no its fine thank chu
Kinda adds a bit to the other justification stuff that I already know so it works out :]
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

btw Llama do you anything about why Lycan had the stance they had on Toby
GTKAS
| here.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1663, Bulbazak wrote:I can't remember if I've played with Chess since Fire Emblem: Awakening, and he was town there. But he was extremely strong town and immediately apparent. I'm not getting that here, and like I've said, I'm not seeing town motivation for a lot of his actions.
You were town and voted honorary scum mvp as I recall?

The difference here is you, not me.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1662, Vecna wrote:Actually, as a survivor he'd definately have reasons to stop me from poking into it, and harassing alisae with questions on that matter - if everyone starts to dig into that sort of stuff it would only be a matter of time before he is (force) outted.

Have you played with scum-Chesskid before? Is that angle-looking that youre descibing how he has played as scum before? Hadnt really considered that reasoning behind it, and it seems a bit farfetched to me.....
This is dumb and inaccurate, please refer to earlier post for why forcing survivor claims is dumb before thread was derailed with vig speculation
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1669, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 1663, Bulbazak wrote:I can't remember if I've played with Chess since Fire Emblem: Awakening, and he was town there. But he was extremely strong town and immediately apparent. I'm not getting that here, and like I've said, I'm not seeing town motivation for a lot of his actions.

:/
GTKAS
| here.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

In post 1671, Alisae wrote:
In post 1669, chesskid3 wrote:

:/
sup
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

Chess if I wanted to say mroe I definitely would.
GTKAS
| here.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Cool

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”