Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Chip Butty, any reason you use ten posts for what you could say in one?

Feels like you want to be 'seen' as being super active. Also makes the game a bit messy to read imo
In post 72, IceGuy wrote:
In post 41, grapes wrote: Not to literal you to death but at this point I don't have a read on anyone based on three words.

But I mean different strokes for different blokes; I don't enjoy sitting around until some arbitrary word count to happen on page 3 in order to stop censoring myself so that people don't immediately discredit me based on playstyle for giving thoughts as they come to me.
You made a list of people you consider town/null/scum. This list included people who've posted three words and people that aren't in the game. You posted things that look like they're useful to town, but aren't.

I also really don't like the way how you vote everybody who attacks you.

VOTE: grapes

On the other hand, I'm not completely convinced that grapes is scum; I have this nagging feeling scum is sitting amongst the lurkers and laughing at how we're attacking ourselves.

Alchemist is town. Realeo is probably town, at least I don't think he's bussing. Everybody else - that includes Chip Butty - needs to post non-RVS posts.
You vote Grapes for posting stuff that 'looks useful to Town but isn't', but how useful is a vote against someone followed by a disclaimer that you're not convinced they're scum?

I think it goes without saying you 'won't be convinced' at this early stage, but surely putting that in directly after your vote takes remove the pressurizing effect it may have had on the player, which is surely half the point of any vote at this stage of the game?

Also, what is the reason behind your Alchemist Townread?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 98, IceGuy wrote:You said you want to retract your town lean, that implies you think he's scum now.
Uh, no? That implies I null him?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:42 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 100, Luca Blight wrote: You vote Grapes for posting stuff that 'looks useful to Town but isn't', but how useful is a vote against someone followed by a disclaimer that you're not convinced they're scum?

I think it goes without saying you 'won't be convinced' at this early stage, but surely putting that in directly after your vote takes remove the pressurizing effect it may have had on the player, which is surely half the point of any vote at this stage of the game?
I don't see a point in lying about reads.
In post 101, Realeo wrote: Uh, no? That implies I null him?
Okay. Can we agree that two times after somebody said he's something other than town, he responded with a vote on that person?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Luca Blight »

It's not a question of 'lying about reads', it's a question of the purpose of the vote.

You just voted Grapes for trying to look useful when not actually being useful, but I'm questioning what the use of your vote is when you undermine it with your very next sentence?

And why did you ignore my question about your Alchemist Townread?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 102, IceGuy wrote:Okay. Can we agree that two times after somebody said he's something other than town, he responded with a vote on that person?
That is factually correct.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:27 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 103, Luca Blight wrote:It's not a question of 'lying about reads', it's a question of the purpose of the vote.
The purpose of the vote is to make clear whom I consider the most scummy person in the game. An L-3 vote isn't a lot of "pressure".
And why did you ignore my question about your Alchemist Townread?
Because I missed it. Alchemist is town because he seems to be right and earnest about grapes' behavior.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:59 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Ah good the game has started

So if anyone has played with grapes, can someone tell me, is he full of himself or is this really bad flailing?

I feel every time I see this kind of flailing it's from town being a weak link of sorts and becoming an early target

That's my opinion on grapes

Also Luca, I'm not gonna defend chip but I post in a similar way so I'll defend myself , and I do it since I usually play from my phone

That being said let me reread some stuff before I comment on anything else interesting
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:06 am

Post by GameNBurger »

I'll admit there's something I don't like about grapes seemingly having no good grasp on when the game is actually begun by offering a reafsnlist laughably early with an alt slip player mixed in there

I'm more partial to (handlem's?????) razor, I can't remember the right name, it's the one where don't attribute shit to malice which can be explained by stupidity

But then again I'm a bit taking too much from my previous games experience, his writing quirks are very reminiscent of similar players that were uber confident and wrecked their town status because of how out of touch they are

Okay those are my thoughts on grapes until he comes back to probably either OMGUS to somebody (maybe me because I'm being admittedly harsh and cynical even tho I'm leaning town on him) or turn shit around and engage

Okay let me move on to commknights (I think serious) vote
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:11 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Comm you're really gonna have to convince me if you're serious which I have a hard time believing

I mean for gods sake Comm "I" is always capitalized, and everything else capitalized is a proper noun in the context of this game

Someone else also pointed out how you ignoredntown being capitalized as well

Regardless I have a hard time believing you're not kidding with that
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:27 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Okay I'm an idiot and didn't put two and two together commknight is just shitposting

I'm really torn on grapes because unless he's always this way my gut refuses to believe he's town

Okay let me check his net and stop being a lazy piece of shit

As for everyone else it's really too early for people who haven't been around and for those who have I mostly have mixed town and bulk reads on

It really depends on how I feel about grape

If grape is town tho it sure as hell is going to be aggravating when scum takes them all the way to the end
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:43 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 42, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 35, UnaBombaH wrote:OK, I need a new vote.
Luca likes Suikoden, so I can't vote there anymore...

VOTE: Duckworth

Serious vote.
You've got a serious bare vote on a guy who hasn't confirmed yet?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Unabombah
This deserves more attention. That naked vote is ew.

"In post 76, Chip Butty"]

Were you being serious here? I took this as RVS. I mean, crumbing mafia by using capitals is paleo. I'm pretty sure nobody does that now.[/quote]

Of course I wasn't. Releo already pointed it out. I'm making fun of him.

UNVOTE:

Also....

@Alch

Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:45 am

Post by GameNBurger »

Okay grapes is no stranger to writing long posts when he's town and chances are scum are trying to push an easy lynch giv he's talked the most, atleast in volume

I do honestly think there's something more reactive about his posts in this game, although the scumgame I read he mostly tried to lay low as possible, even to his detriment when he was shot for being too suspiscious. Maybe he's learned tho, which would ecxaolij this kind of ... unique behavior from himwere saying in this game. I thought the meta dive would make things clearer but I think it's just made it harder for me to decide here

Grapes, are you aware that you're kind of feeding scum a bit here? I've also found you like to be active early game and you like transparency in reads but what good did you possibly think a page 2 full read list would accomplish, and then dismissing criticisms for being to hyperbole?
DuckWorth
DuckWorth
Townie
DuckWorth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 am

Post by DuckWorth »

Apologies for the confusion everyone and apologies for the alt slip. I am riddleton.

I will post more later on.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 am

Post by PMysterious »

I received word from LlamaFluff regarding the situation. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do.

However, for Duckworth/Riddleton, and for any player using an alternate account, try to make something of distinction between your two accounts, to prevent this situation from actually happening.

Also, SmoothBlue has been prodded. If he does not post within 24 hours, he will be replaced.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

@Luca: Same like Gamenburger, i play from my phone and it's easier to make lots of little post than construct one big one with multiquotes and comments between.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Gamenburger is looking townie, but i suppose it is possible he is hardworking scum. Grapes is making it easy for people to criticise him.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 58, Realeo wrote:I asked that question as a sanity checking and to gauge people's tolerance.
Sanity checking is important because sometimes you off your mark and see something and too confident for it, so you need to actively benchmark your parameter once in a while.
Gauge people's tolerance is simply to test people consistency's in future.
You have been consistent with your tolerance with voting me and townleaning CK so I don't really think it's scummy.
The only thing that triggered me was your "If the game ends here" readlist, which I think triggeres Alchemist, but I'm not sure why his action is "Vote this scum bag" instead of "There are lot of unexplained variables. Would you mind to elaborate?" so you're kinda in the waiting list because he have higher priority.
I'm sorry but do you have an example of you doing this before as town? You're using terms I've never heard of like "sanity check" so this is either a thing you've actively done before or you're pulling an excuse out your bum.

If by "gauge people's tolerance" you mean see how they approach reads; then I suppose that's reasonable explanation for why you asked the question about commknight's entrance in the first place.

But what we're talking about is again why your read on commknight itself changed.

I'm gonna toss you another question because your last two lines are also interesting to me; why do your concerns with alchemist have anything to do with me outside the fact that your concerns are centered on his concerns of me?
In post 62, Alchemist21 wrote:The other interpretation is that you're reads are ill-conceived because they're rushed out. Not necessarily AI. If he was calling you scum he would have voted you. He could have been withholding a read on you one way or the other until seeing your reaction to .
Though you're right that I keep forgetting about the part of your issue being that you think it's not an original thought. Even so I just don't see the malice in riddleton's post that you're claiming is there. I think a vote would have been in that post if he was actually trying to take the idea and use it against you.

P.S. I was using the term "poke" to mean a minor aggression, not as in to poke around and investigate.
I feel like that's a pretty charitable stretch of an interpretation. But fair enough I guess;

On a similar note I'm glad that we know who riddleton was now that was gonna bother me if I had to figure that out on my own. : P
And my read there is now teetering a bit because duckworth, albeit delayed somewhat did put a vote down after fosing me as riddleton.
So meh.

Interested to see him talk about other people.
In post 68, Realeo wrote:but the divisions, how?
It really depends. But it's normally
Town/Null/Scum
In post 72, IceGuy wrote:
In post 41, grapes wrote: Not to literal you to death but at this point I don't have a read on anyone based on three words.

But I mean different strokes for different blokes; I don't enjoy sitting around until some arbitrary word count to happen on page 3 in order to stop censoring myself so that people don't immediately discredit me based on playstyle for giving thoughts as they come to me.
You made a list of people you consider town/null/scum. This list included people who've posted three words and people that aren't in the game. You posted things that look like they're useful to town, but aren't.
Why's it my fault I happened into a game with a bunch-o by the book nerdlings?

I had this thought the other day; to me the game's a lot like a bunch of simultaneous ping-pong matches representing the colors of the blocks of one of those slider puzzles. The matches are your and everyone else's interactions with each other and the slider puzzle is the game as a whole.

There's two layers to it. So with experience, meta, Poe, gut, interactions and other cool things taking a stab at solving the game page 2 becomes more of an accomplishable task.

And just to make myself clearer; I don't require a lot of content from a player to get even sometimes very strong reads.
That's how I play.

You think it's ridiculous, I think it's ridiculous how overcomplicated and robot like some people make their solving.
But I'm not gonna call you scum for it.
And I'm certainly not gonna discredit you for it; we only just met.
IceGuy wrote:I also really don't like the way how you vote everybody who attacks you.
I'm not sure where you're getting this from; I've only voted for duckworth and Realeo so far.
In post 97, Realeo wrote:Ney, the misrepping is "everybody who attacks you". I don't attack him yet he still vote him.

But sure. I can give you pass for that.
"No that's not what I was talking about"

"But I'll give you a pass anyway"

?
In post 98, IceGuy wrote:You said you want to retract your town lean, that implies you think he's scum now.
Oh I see what's happening here you're not really reading the game.

Realeo retracted his townread on commknight based on the concesus not agreeing with him; I've actually talked about this a bit, iso grapes for detail and let me know what you think.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 107, GameNBurger wrote:or turn shit around and engage
Really dislike the line where he predicts that I'm gonna omgus him.
Considering I haven't omgus'd anyone; feels a lot like he's sheeping iceguy's misinterpretation of events at any rate.

Also burger how would call what I've done this game not engaging?
In post 111, GameNBurger wrote:Okay grapes is no stranger to writing long posts when he's town and chances are scum are trying to push an easy lynch giv he's talked the most, atleast in volume

I do honestly think there's something more reactive about his posts in this game, although the scumgame I read he mostly tried to lay low as possible, even to his detriment when he was shot for being too suspiscious. Maybe he's learned tho, which would ecxaolij this kind of ... unique behavior from himwere saying in this game. I thought the meta dive would make things clearer but I think it's just made it harder for me to decide here
I know the game you're talking about and allow me to correct a couple things.

It was multiball and I was crosskilled because I was widely townread.
Yes I laid low but the entire game was apathetic as shit that's kinda how opens went sometimes.
Grapes, are you aware that you're kind of feeding scum a bit here?
And why do you ask this question? Like that question comes off a lot like you're pretty sure I'm town but all I can gather from your stuff on me is waffle and discredits.

Have I been the biggest talking point? Sure yea. But people can only talk about how far out it is to have a readslist page 2 for so long.
what good did you possibly think a page 2 full read list would accomplish, and then dismissing criticisms for being to hyperbole?
And I think it did a lot of good. I was kinda sorta expecting maybe it would help some people here who go on gut a bit to read me better adn maybe open up a dialogue or two about some reads and get the ball rolling maybe. But attracting negative attention has its bonuses for getting one engaged and helping out perspective as well.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Realeo »

I'm sorry but do you have an example of you doing this before as town? You're using terms I've never heard of like "sanity check" so this is either a thing you've actively done before or you're pulling an excuse out your bum.
Ongoing game so can't really talk about it, but there is only 1 ongoing game beside this game so you would easily know which one is I am talking about. Feel free to dive.
In post 116, grapes wrote:But what we're talking about is again why your read on commknight itself changed.
I have answered this.
why do your concerns with alchemist have anything to do with me outside the fact that your concerns are centered on his concerns of me?
Pardon? I think I make the division clear between my concern against you and against Alchemist?

I'm gonna toss you another question because your last two lines are also interesting to me; why do your concerns with alchemist have anything to do with me outside the fact that your concerns are centered on his concerns of me?[/quote]

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 116, grapes wrote:It really depends. But it's normally
Town/Null/Scum
Is that a qualitative read list or a relative read list?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 37, ironstove wrote:Hello, I rolled town this game.
Do you feel the need for love?

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Assemblerotws has been prodded. He has 24 hours to respond, or he will be replaced.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by IceGuy »

UNVOTE:

Scum would be laying low right now, not doing what grapes is doing. While I don't agree with what grapes is saying and I consider a player who thinks they can solve the game on page 2 a show-off, it does not indicate alignment.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:24 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 110, CommKnight wrote:This deserves more attention. That naked vote is ew.
That "naked vote" - mine or his? :lol:

Grapes gets a small dose of towncred for provoking people into posting.

I'll post tonight, I just need to regain some strenght after last night..
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 42, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 35, UnaBombaH wrote:OK, I need a new vote.
Luca likes Suikoden, so I can't vote there anymore...

VOTE: Duckworth

Serious vote.
You've got a serious bare vote on a guy who hasn't confirmed yet?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Unabombah
In post 123, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 110, CommKnight wrote:This deserves more attention. That naked vote is ew.
That "naked vote" - mine or his? :lol:

Grapes gets a small dose of towncred for provoking people into posting.

I'll post tonight, I just need to regain some strenght after last night..
My vote on you isn't naked. It is clear that i voted you because you voted Duckworth without giving a reason, and went to the trouble to confirm it as a serious vote.

Return to “Completed Open Games”