Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by ActionDan »

That said I don't much care for the fake day-vig stuff plus these last couple of pages but those are NAI fire bringer posts.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Kagami »

Hey AD, do you have any thoughts on grapes?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Uh misguided wrt Firebringer but not scummy. I haven't been paying attention to anything else he's done besides ofc talking with me about bins etc.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Kagami »

I thought was a strange way to approach game-breaking from a town mindset. I would have expected only the first question and without the "dumb question" prefix if there was legitimate interest and excitement in having potentially uncovered a breaking strategy.

I don't really think xyzzy is terribly scummy. strikes me as very strange, but was a sentiment similar to one I had, not realizing that the typical scum-majority win condition was absent (since it's unnecessary), which would be more salient to scum-xyzzy

I'm chalking WhemeStar's action re:FB/bins up to whimsy, but it does make me somewhat less comfy here on bins.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 503, Kagami wrote: I don't really think xyzzy is terribly scummy. strikes me as very strange, but was a sentiment similar to one I had, not realizing that the typical scum-majority win condition was absent (since it's unnecessary), which would be more salient to scum-xyzzy
I found 164 to be the problematic post.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Elli, Bins: Bulba is town and a wagon on him ain't happening today. Please move votes accordingly :good:

Chess: - I am sort of convinced by the town cephir thing. which is to say, he's not really positively town to me, but I'm getting bad vibes from so many people (whemestar as already stated, xyzzy for initially good spec with a really awkward transition, UT for having absolutely no reads but still weirdly specific questions and comments, spiffeh spam posting then falling off the cliff, ginngie just because) that I'm pretty happy to defer on ceph for a bit. and yeah on retrospect 200 was a good post. anyway I was with you in that it seemed like andrius's rep out / Kagamis entrance was skeevy, but looking at kagami iso top to bottom now, looks town to me. think you're buying what I'm selling? feels like the hito, kagami, chess 3-bloc would probably get to set the lynch if we all got that sweet love
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

You can just write me off as Town if that helps
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 506, Spiffeh wrote:You can just write me off as Town if that helps
you get to be town until at least your next post after ellis next post. please enjoy responsibly!
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

That's an oddly specific allotment of time
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't think we need to be attempting town blocs (which ar emostly a fake thing imo) on page 21 but knock yourselves out I guess
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: Cephrir
green shirt thursdays
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 464, hitogoroshi wrote:it's for just the one reason, but more than just the vote. I'm fine with him going hard on chesskid from the start, and I'm...well, fine is the wrong word but I don't think a bunch of low-impact wagon drifting is that unusual for town here. I don't like the one first into the other.
Why?
In post 476, Bulbazak wrote:That actually doesn't make sense at all. Yes you want to create discussion with a scum read to allow you to better read the slot, but that also applies to non-scumreads as well. If anything, focusing on just players you scum read to create noise is more likely to come from scum.
I don't think that's what bins was doing, though. She was pushing you, a scumread, whether it's noise or not is irrelevant and probably my fault for wording it that way but you get what I mean.

Think about it this way; how is bins gonna get a better read on actiondan by answering him about why she's scumreading you?
In post 485, Ginngie wrote:VOTE: Ellibirth

Fire, I need granddad's help come join
Do you have any other scumreads?

Where's the confidence here come from?
In post 503, Kagami wrote:I thought was a strange way to approach game-breaking from a town mindset. I would have expected only the first question and without the "dumb question" prefix if there was legitimate interest and excitement in having potentially uncovered a breaking strategy.

I don't really think xyzzy is terribly scummy. strikes me as very strange, but was a sentiment similar to one I had, not realizing that the typical scum-majority win condition was absent (since it's unnecessary), which would be more salient to scum-xyzzy

I'm chalking WhemeStar's action re:FB/bins up to whimsy, but it does make me somewhat less comfy here on bins.
There wasn't all that much excitement to my question; I knew that it was a long-shot in hell we would be able to break this by self-hammering to get coke out-of-play but I didn't see anything regarding self-hammers in the OP so figured to ask.

The rest of this post is actually kinda-town- and I don't particularly mind them reading into how I approached asking the question either, just the line "strange from a town-mindset" sorta rubs me wrong.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 499, ActionDan wrote:I don't think there needs to be "an option". You could answer both. That said I should have phrased the question differently because it didn't accurately reflect what transpired. It's not necessarily scummy as it was weird/off-putting, and again, I thought it deserved a followup.

FB is a top town read for the exact opposite of what Xyzzy said, that is, I think he's behaving differently than when he was scum in the last fakegod game I played with him in. He's a bit more serious here and I've liked his reads so far and his posts are just, better.
Well the only reason I said given the option is because you guys more or less asked the same thing; if you're the rare species of internet dweller that doesn't like listening to themselves talk then it makes sense to me to only answer it once and to prioritize a scumread who you haven't gotten a chance to push all that much yet.

I guess I'm just trying to understand why you think bins is scum; because outside of asking "any particular reason why you decided to answer bulba and not me" which btw isn't a good question at all; especially so when you've admitted already that you didn't ask with any sort of alignment indicative answers in mind + a few shots at a naked vote; which was you looking for reasoning and not really calling her scum anyway.

All I'm seeing is this;
I'd go vote there but I also don't like Bins saying "trust me guys, I'm town, give your coke cokes to me!" instead of prioritizing critically reading the game.
Which is pretty scum now that I'm looking at it.

VOTE: ActionDan
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Unvote, Vote Dan
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Actually
Hold the fucking phone

search.php?author_id=20929&sr=posts
+

unvote, vote desperado
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 am

Post by Ellibereth »

getting that image to show up took way too fucking long
FLASH OF GREEN
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:09 am

Post by Ginngie »

wow

a lurker lynch

scum hunt me harder daddy
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:21 am

Post by Ellibereth »

If I need to spell it out for any of you fuckos who joined after I left he's posting elsewhere/been online and not here.

And if you think lynching lurkers is bad you're part of the problem for why it's become optimal to do it as scum on this site.

Like I think it's super dumb to ignore relative activity (i.e. posting no where at all is different) but even that's probably better than whatever you shit you're using.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Ginngie »

If it came from someone, that like, ya know actually did something this game, then I might have cared, but I don't, because you've done jack.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:25 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 509, Cephrir wrote:I don't think we need to be attempting town blocs (which ar emostly a fake thing imo) on page 21 but knock yourselves out I guess
Town blocs tend to happen naturally. Whenever they're forced, it seems that things go south quickly.
In post 511, grapes wrote: I don't think that's what bins was doing, though. She was pushing you, a scumread, whether it's noise or not is irrelevant and probably my fault for wording it that way but you get what I mean.
I have no idea whether that was what Bins was doing or not. I'm more disturbed with your mindset concerning the interaction, and it's not one that I'd expect from town. That's what I was commenting on.
In post 511, grapes wrote: Think about it this way; how is bins gonna get a better read on actiondan by answering him about why she's scumreading you?
By seeing where he's coming from and where his mindset is. She can then counter-question him or open up a new line of inquiry to get a better read on Dan. These aren't mutually exclusive actions, and it is possible to get reads based on how another slot interacts with you.

My concern is that you are awfully quick to jump to Bins's defense. Do you have a town read on her?
In post 514, Ellibereth wrote:Actually
Hold the fucking phone

search.php?author_id=20929&sr=posts
+

unvote, vote desperado
Desp's last post here: Thursday.
Desp's last post in a game (or in general): Saturday.

I can kinda see it, but he's not posting too much outside of this game, 4 times since here in total I think, so it may mean nothing. Let's wait and see if a pattern develops.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:14 am

Post by WhemeStar »

VOTE: Ellibereth
Im a dog that quacks
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Desperado »

lmao @ elli

is "he's online and posting elsewhere but not here so he must be scum who is afraid to post in this game" something you've had success with beyond the newbie queue or...?
;)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Can we lynch Ellibereth?*

*said having not read the last 10ish pages
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Since I have a lot of homework to do today I will be catching up in this game as a procrastination tool
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Kagami »

VOTE: WhemeStar

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”