Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 165, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 157, Realeo wrote:
In post 141, Alchemist21 wrote:Realeo what are you current reads?
I'm starting to worry that I am townreading people too quickly and not having enough scumread.

I am comfy with Alchemist and grapes.

I am not comfy with ChipButty, IceGuy, and Luca, but it's not exactly "I'm not comfortable with you so you're my scumread" but more to "I'm not comfortable with you so you are under my radar."
Why are you 'comfy' with Alch, and why aren't you 'comfy' with ChipButty and I?

And is that to say that you townread Grapes and Alch?
I think I have dropped reasons why I am comfy with grapes. With Alchemist, I think I just like his approach. He seems sincere. Can scum fake it? Obviously, but I can't really figure out a reason. I noticed that there is a potential inconsistency with his position against grapes and IceGuy (both is kinda the same in some sort of way, but he only fos grapes), but I think I find his threshold (subject to change?) and given he haven't really cross the threshold, he is simply being himself instead of scum!Alchemist saving scum!Grapes' arse.

IceGuy -- ChipButty, I find your case is a little bit over reachy. I explained why on IceGuy and Mulch on you , but the reason I gave them a pass is simply the condition is multi intepretable and it's simply they happen to pick the less likely intepretation. It could be scum trying to misrep, or it could be simply human being has a different way of brain works. I don't really find reasons for the former, so you're simply under my radar.

ChipButty. I think he is lamist? Multi post aside--Page 4 doesn't impress me and kinda shouting coasting scum.

Take example of this:
In post 84, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 82, Realeo wrote:
In post 76, Chip Butty wrote:Were you being serious here? I took this as RVS. I mean, crumbing mafia by using capitals is paleo. I'm pretty sure nobody does that now.
Assembrelowts did it in Open 696 and CommKnight pwned him real hard.

He went to post 82

Previously on Open 696...

In post 163, CommKnight wrote:For those not seeing it...
In post 154, Assemblerotws wrote:
S
ince you're taking this route, let me remind you of something.
C
hoosing to lynch someone for simply making what you perceive to be an anti-town move is just as anti-town as the L-1 stunt.
U
nless you don't believe your own logic.
M
aybe you're just scum trying to get a lynch.
B
ut if he's town, lynching him creates the same potential for 4v6 D2 MYLO as his stunt, and I've seen nothing actually scummy from him.
VOTE: CommKnight
While you stew on this, I'm left to wonder what Crush/his replacement are going to do.
You failed utterly dude.
LOL I stand corrected. I guess he's learned his lesson though.
Then go up Post 83
In post 87, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 83, Realeo wrote:
In post 75, Chip Butty wrote:Iceguy probtown.
You postulated that grapes is town yet Iceguy's substantive material is only about not liking grapes.

Clearly, your townprob at Iceguy is more than "Town thinks alike". Elaborate please.
It's mostly gut at the moment.
But then 81.
In post 92, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 81, Realeo wrote:
In post 72, IceGuy wrote:I also really don't like the way how you vote everybody who attacks you.
I can't tell if this is just a human-error or an scum misrepping given the fact the next thing is a vote.
This.
And it's a little bit off he go 82 -> 83 -> 81. I considered that he is simply re-reading post and only saw 81 is second skim, but his posts of (83) and (81) are 56 seconds aside so it doesn't really shout "Town find a good post in second read" but "Town noted that he has two posts to responded, but decided one post is more important to respond" which brings the question "Isn't 81 is more important than 83 so you should respond it first?"

For question 2, Townread? Townlean, maybe.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by Realeo »

PEDIT: Iceguy-Luca
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 176, Realeo wrote:PEDIT: Iceguy-Luca
I have a case on Luca? :eek:
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Realeo »

You ain't reading.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 178, Realeo wrote:You ain't reading.
Presumably i don't need to read to know if i have a case on someone or not?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Anyone have any thoughts on IceGuy's reaction to my vote:
In post 139, IceGuy wrote:
In post 133, Luca Blight wrote:I really don't like Iceguy's start, his vote for Grapes or his subsequent unvote.
So basically, you've decided that you want to start a wagon on me, and then tried to find reasons for it.
He quotes a tiny segment of my post and replies with a generic statement that could used in reply to any vote ever, before melting away into the background again.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Realeo »

Try again. That text was not talking about you having a read on Luca.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by PMysterious »

ironstove has been prodded. Failure to reply to this post in 24 hours will result in replacement.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 180, Luca Blight wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on IceGuy's reaction to my vote:
In post 139, IceGuy wrote:
In post 133, Luca Blight wrote:I really don't like Iceguy's start, his vote for Grapes or his subsequent unvote.
So basically, you've decided that you want to start a wagon on me, and then tried to find reasons for it.
He quotes a tiny segment of my post and replies with a generic statement that could used in reply to any vote ever, before melting away into the background again.
I'm waiting for his vote to see if he actually meant it. Given how he read my post, I can no longer predict the sentiment of his text.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 181, Realeo wrote:Try again. That text was not talking about you having a read on Luca.
In #175 you have a para saying my case on Iceguy is reachy, and in #176 you pedit Iceguy to Luca?

I'm kinda over this for now. You're giving me a headache.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Realeo »

No. I am saying Luca's case on Iceguy is reachy but I gave him a pass for reasons in that post.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 185, Realeo wrote:No. I am saying Luca's case on Iceguy is reachy but I gave him a pass for reasons in that post.
Okay, so your pedit was to change 'Iceguy - Chip Butty' to 'Iceguy - Luca', not to 'Luca - Chip Butty'? I found that far from clear.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

That's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Thanks.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 174, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 172, Realeo wrote:Don't worry. I don't expect everybody to be clever.
Every time I've seen someone wallpost on 'philosophy of mafia', they've been scum.
Every time I hear stupid arguments to say someone is scum, the one making the argument has been scum.

See how easy that is? I know crazy that Realeo actually takes the time to explain out his train of thought and his own philosophy. He actually just got a bit higher in my TR's because of it.

Then the next little bit, it's obvious you're not even trying to read. "30 mins of my life I won't get back" Really? Because if you're playing Mafia, you're going to have many hours of your life you won't get back. Welcome to the forum game. It's not going to be a coaster.

But here's something else, my read on you has been in the red for a while now. But this last bit and even Realeo, one of my TL's that have hopped into a TR, has noticed. You've been skipping over stuff. Important stuff. That is something that scum do every single game. Or at least it comes off that way because they are intentionally trying to misrepresent something.

VOTE: Chip - My first serious vote of the game.

Also I'm awake. I'm tired as all shit. But I'm awake, so going to compile my reads thus far. I'm glad I could let a bit of this play out because I don't think my reads would be as good as they are currently if I were to interject myself earlier or place a serious vote earlier than now.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 188, CommKnight wrote:
In post 174, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 172, Realeo wrote:Don't worry. I don't expect everybody to be clever.
Every time I've seen someone wallpost on 'philosophy of mafia', they've been scum.
Every time I hear stupid arguments to say someone is scum, the one making the argument has been scum.
The self-sarcasm is high.

At least the content below it is passable.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:02 am

Post by Realeo »

Please bear with me as I am going to intentionally AtE and make excuses for my scummy thing.

I am going to have a hectic life for the next 72 hours. Please bear with me as my below standard reading comprehension will go even low.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 am

Post by Chip Butty »

@CK:

1. Realio philosophy. It just looks like a variation of iioa. But fine, if someone can hook me up to a game where realio post philosophy walltexts, I'll retract my vote. But if you can't, I'll think about whether you might be his scumbuddy. Btw i wasn't impressed by realio instantly resorting to snarky humour. I think that's more scummy than townie too.

2. 30 mins. Yeah i lost 30 mins because realio's pedit was clear as mud.

3. Cruising. Yes I've been cruising, because this game has been developing very slowly and boringly and i have two others i am way more engaged with. Mini normals 646 and 648. I haven't seen anything i consider important yet, but if you or anyone has specific questions, I'll give it a shot. I know Luca asked something but engaging with realio expended all my energy, so I'll deal with it later.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 am

Post by CommKnight »

So going through this one at a time.

Assemblerotws
- He's not being as serious as he was when he was mafia. It's sorta early, but I'm comfortable leaving him in TL for now.

Realeo
- As mentioned before he was already in my TL's. His recent play has gotten him in my first TR. He's not being as opportunistic as I'd believe him to be if he had an ulterior agenda to push.

Chip Butty
- His tone and posts so far are coming off as sorta try-hardy and like that he has to be serious all the time this game to prevent town's eyes to fall upon him or his potential partners. particularly has me thrown aback a bit. Throughout the entire RVS stage he reads as being careful of when the game is about to go in serious mode and 76 reads to me as Assemble being a potential partner that I voted and it got him worried. Then his latest bit with Realeo of not even reading what Realeo said has dipped him into a SR. His play reads scum to me.

GameNBurger
- This is mostly gut from previous game with him, but he reads as trying to figure people out. So currently he feels genuine in actually wanting to solve some posts. Comfortable with TL for now.

ironstove
- Neutral, this guy literally has ONE post.

IceGuy
- Neutral. Nothing he's said has really impressed me in any way. But nothing has really popped out at me to say he's scum either. His push on grapes was awful though and he should feel bad about that one. In the same post as voting grapes he said "On the other hand, I'm not completely convinced that grapes is scum; I have this nagging feeling scum is sitting amongst the lurkers and laughing at how we're attacking ourselves." If this was your true feelings, a simple FOS of grapes would've done. However, even while thinking grapes isn't mafia, you voted him. So maybe the read is more null-scum than null-town. But it's still more neutral than null-scum so... that's what I think of IceGuy currently.

Luca Blight
- Another neutral. But I do like how he also noticed IceGuy's little "disclaimer" when voting grapes. If IceGuy is scum, Luca would gain some townie points for pointing it out when he didn't need to draw attention to it. (I mean I would've brought attention to it still, but he did it before this post which gives him some points if Ice is scum).

Duckworth/Riddleton
- 3 posts total. Nothing of substance. Neutral, but with how low they're laying, more toward null-scum. The difference between him and ironstove is that ironstove posted once and then left, these posts are sorta spread out to prodge but not add anything.

Mulch/Smoothblue
- SmoothBlue only got in one comment before being replaced. Of my experience with Mulch, I can't place a read on him yet. So for now neutral. I know the first time I played with him he spammed the thread like no tomorrow (had about 70 posts per day according to his profile at the time in case anyone is wondering just how much, which if you factor in wait time to join a game and it being his first game, that is a LOT of posts). He ended up being scum but he annoyed everyone. But he seems to have taken the advice of people who weren't being asshats to him and has settled down considerably. Which adds to not being able to read him yet because now that experience of him being scum is nulled by the drastic change in both activity and tone.

Alchemist21
- Null-Town. I want to say he's town this game. He's one of the most level-headed players I've played with and if he's town, he does a better job explaining my train of thought sometimes than even I do. At least in a way people can understand. The game we were joking about earlier was a game I deceived him as scum though and played a bit on his read of me to get the scum team through a day where I put myself on the lynch block with himself and one other. However, I'd assume if he's scum this game he'd be looking for payback for that game and thus would play in a way to trick my read on him. He's not stupid and I doubt he'll slip if he's scum. But for now, based on play and what I can currently work with, I'll say null-town. I'd be crazy to let him slip into my TR's this early on without being vetted a bit more.

grapes
- He has had reads a bit too quickly on many people and I believe that because of this he is actually being genuine. He's not trying to bullshit anyone. I believe he's just trying to sort people quickly and compared to Chip, his sorting feels a lot more genuine. So definitely a TL here.

CommKnight
- Obvious scum is obvious. Lynch him guys, he's making a wall post and having reads on everyone. This guy can't be trusted. 100% scum. Also OLT. He crumbed OLT! He's scum!

UnaBombH
- Currently a SL. His posts thus far have been scum-marining. His naked vote was bad. More focused on what people think of him rather than expressing his thoughts on others.

Finally,

PMysterious
- This is the mafia traitor. He helps kill people off at the end of each day and night and also knows who mafia is. I say maybe keep him around long enough for him to out mafia for us.

Alright, in case people didn't notice, two of my "reads" are jokes. But the rest are serious. It's where my train of thought is currently.

I think 4 TR/TL and 2 SR/SL is pretty good at this stage in the game. Most of my nulls have a null-_____ attached to them. I think between Una and Chip, we'll have one scum at least if not two. Won't be lynching in my TR/TL's today though. Only Nuls and SR/SL.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:22 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Pedit: first point should read posts philosophy walltexts as town...
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:22 am

Post by CommKnight »

I mean you complained about not getting back 30 mins? I just dumped about 50 mins into that one post. I've been writing it since my vote placement. So don't complain to me about time.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:29 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 186, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 185, Realeo wrote:No. I am saying Luca's case on Iceguy is reachy but I gave him a pass for reasons in that post.
Okay, so your pedit was to change 'Iceguy - Chip Butty' to 'Iceguy - Luca', not to 'Luca - Chip Butty'? I found that far from clear.
@CK: if I'm not reading how did i get confused by this. I maintain it wasn't clear what his pedit intended.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:30 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 194, CommKnight wrote:I mean you complained about not getting back 30 mins? I just dumped about 50 mins into that one post. I've been writing it since my vote placement. So don't complain to me about time.
Yes. I value my time. I don't like having it wasted. If you find that AI, fine.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:36 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 195, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 186, Chip Butty wrote:
@CK: if I'm not reading how did i get confused by this. I maintain it wasn't clear what his pedit intended.
- Releo quotes Luca. Accidentally types in "IceGuy -- ChipButty"
- He pedits that "IceGuy -- ChipButty" to be "IceGuy -- Luca", the person he was initially quoting.

Then you go off on a tangent not being able to see that? I seen that the moment I seen the edit when the initial quote and comments didn't quite make sense when Luca and IceGuy have been looking at each other.

But of course, if you weren't actually reading the content fully and only skimming through, you would've just noticed your name and misinterpreted it.

But hey, that's just the slip I noticed. Maybe Realeo doesn't agree. But I think it's pretty damning that you didn't notice it was a name-mistake and not actually meant for you. Something you would've or should've noticed if you fully read his post, which you would've fully read it if you are town.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 am

Post by Chip Butty »

That's the reachiest reach of the game so far, and that's saying something. But, sure, there's something about Realio's long-winded posting style that makes my eyes glaze over.

Now: do you have any specific game issues you'd like me to address, or not?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:45 am

Post by Chip Butty »

And how about that link? Can you back up your claim about Realio's posting style, or not?

Return to “Completed Open Games”