CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 199, Chip Butty wrote:And how about that link? Can you back up your claim about Realio's posting style, or not?
I never said I had a link. Looks like another post your eyes "glazed over" conveniently.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:51 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 191, Chip Butty wrote:@CK:

1. Realio philosophy. It just looks like a variation of iioa. But fine, if someone can hook me up to a game where realio post philosophy walltexts, I'll retract my vote. But if you can't, I'll think about whether you might be his scumbuddy. Btw i wasn't impressed by realio instantly resorting to snarky humour. I think that's more scummy than townie too.

2. 30 mins. Yeah i lost 30 mins because realio's pedit was clear as mud.

3. Cruising. Yes I've been cruising, because this game has been developing very slowly and boringly and i have two others i am way more engaged with. Mini normals 646 and 648. I haven't seen anything i consider important yet, but if you or anyone has specific questions, I'll give it a shot. I know Luca asked something but engaging with realio expended all my energy, so I'll deal with it later.
In post 200, CommKnight wrote:
In post 199, Chip Butty wrote:And how about that link? Can you back up your claim about Realio's posting style, or not?
I never said I had a link. Looks like another post your eyes "glazed over" conveniently.
Oh ho ho ho! Who's not reading? Parte the firste...

If you can't come up with a link to back up what you said, it's unhelpful at best and scummy at worst.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 am

Post by CommKnight »

Asking me for a link I never claimed to have is reaching. Then to claim I never read it when you asked me specifically when I never said I had a link? Yeah...

Also here's that straw you were looking to grasp.

Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Chip Butty »

So, long story short, you can't back up what you said about Realio's posting style, and it appears you don't want to ask me any substantive questions about the game.

Great. How many minutes of my life did i lose this time?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:01 am

Post by Chip Butty »

I can see it's going to be one of THOSE games.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 am

Post by Realeo »

Does me posting mafia philosophy counts?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Realeo »

*Deos me posting those mafia philosophy link counts?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:16 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Yes of course, although it would be better if CK did it, to prove he wasn't just blowing hot air.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 207, Chip Butty wrote:although it would be better if CK did it, to prove he wasn't just blowing hot air.
That is my concern.

Quick question, when someone makes an argument, what is you "expected amount of example to back up those argument."

Because if CK can't back up and your conclusion is "CK is stupid," I would be able to understand where you are coming from.

However, if CK can't back up and your conclusion "Maybe CK is scum buddy," which is what you're hinting at, I find that a little bit too defensive.

Like, why "blowing hot air"? why not "town without brain?"

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 am

Post by Realeo »

I'm trying to understand that when someone confronts you, how do you tell the difference that the confronting player is scum or town.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:32 am

Post by Realeo »

@ChipButty
Finally, So I checked your mafia-wide activity and looked for keyword such as "theory", "iioa", "philosophy" and I can't find any relevant posts. Since you claim to see mafia posting mafia theory doing it all the time, would you back those up? Clearly, this is the first time you vote someone for "overtheorising"

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 210, Realeo wrote:
@ChipButty
Finally, So I checked your mafia-wide activity and looked for keyword such as "theory", "iioa", "philosophy" and I can't find any relevant posts. Since you claim to see mafia posting mafia theory doing it all the time, would you back those up? Clearly, this is the first time you vote someone for "overtheorising"
Because i have played mafia elsewhere? I've even done it myself as mafia, though not here. But CK is claiming he has seen you do this.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:39 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 192, CommKnight wrote:His recent play has gotten him in my first TR.
You are referring to this one?
CommKnight wrote:His recent play has gotten him in my first TR.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Realeo »

EBWOP
In post 211, Chip Butty wrote:But CK is claiming he has seen you do this.
You are referring to this one?
CommKnight wrote:His recent play has gotten him in my first TR.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 209, Realeo wrote:I'm trying to understand that when someone confronts you, how do you tell the difference that the confronting player is scum or town.
Like everyone else i form reads over the course of the game, and these may change several times, depending on what is posted, vca, guesses at the setup etc. But yeah, dumb or scum is the essential question in Mafia.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:44 am

Post by Realeo »

It's just that you used "blowing hot air" so it's kinda negative connotation so my mind went "Woah. A scumread just for that?"

Can I get confirmation for , please?

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 188, CommKnight wrote:
In post 174, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 172, Realeo wrote:Don't worry. I don't expect everybody to be clever.
Every time I've seen someone wallpost on 'philosophy of mafia', they've been scum.
Every time I hear stupid arguments to say someone is scum, the one making the argument has been scum.

See how easy that is? I know crazy that Realeo actually takes the time to explain out his train of thought and his own philosophy. He actually just got a bit higher in my TR's because of it.

Then the next little bit, it's obvious you're not even trying to read. "30 mins of my life I won't get back" Really? Because if you're playing Mafia, you're going to have many hours of your life you won't get back. Welcome to the forum game. It's not going to be a coaster.

But here's something else, my read on you has been in the red for a while now. But this last bit and even Realeo, one of my TL's that have hopped into a TR, has noticed. You've been skipping over stuff. Important stuff. That is something that scum do every single game. Or at least it comes off that way because they are intentionally trying to misrepresent something.

VOTE: Chip - My first serious vote of the game.

Also I'm awake. I'm tired as all shit. But I'm awake, so going to compile my reads thus far. I'm glad I could let a bit of this play out because I don't think my reads would be as good as they are currently if I were to interject myself earlier or place a serious vote earlier than now.

This one. 2nd para. Inb4 'but he didn't say he had a link': the way it is phrased make it sound like this is something you do a bit. Or, at least, he has seen you do it before.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:49 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 215, Realeo wrote:It's just that you used "blowing hot air" so it's kinda negative connotation so my mind went "Woah. A scumread just for that?"

Can I get confirmation for , please?
No, vlowing hot air just means his words are empty. Not necessarily scummy, maybe it's just an impression he has of you that isn't firmly based in reality. Or maybe it is some kind of test. But scumminess is an option, yes.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Realeo »

So I think this one?
I know crazy that Realeo actually takes the time to explain out his train of thought and his own philosophy.
So you are saying that he can say that "Realeo actually takes the time" because he has seen me takes my time?

I don't think that read that way, but to satisfy you, I'm pretty sure I haven't play with CommKnight before unless he played with some kind of hydra or alt.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:52 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Here's where i am with this : your philosophy wallpost looks like a kind of iioa to me, and if i can't see where you've done similar as town, or something else poos up, it's gonna continue to look that way.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:53 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Lol, 'pops up'
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 218, Realeo wrote:So I think this one?
I know crazy that Realeo actually takes the time to explain out his train of thought and his own philosophy.
So you are saying that he can say that "Realeo actually takes the time" because he has seen me takes my time?

I don't think that read that way, but to satisfy you, I'm pretty sure I haven't play with CommKnight before unless he played with some kind of hydra or alt.

Yeah that's it. It is kind of ambiguous because he said 'takes' instead of 'took'. A subtlety of English grammar.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:58 am

Post by Realeo »

Chip Butty wrote:Here's where i am with this : your philosophy wallpost looks like a kind of iioa to me, and if i can't see where you've done similar as town, or something else poos up, it's gonna continue to look that way.
Quote time then.

I can do more than "mafia philosophy wall"--I can do "mafia philosophy banter"

Micro 729
In post 87, Realeo wrote:Because I don't think any analysis made based on RVS time holds any merit.

The reason why I don't like myko's analysis @ Chamber because it was assuming Chamber would act a certain way during RVS which is very assumptive. I mean, if myko is doing such analysis mid-game, I agree. Such action analysis based on Chamber's
first post
? Waaaaay too early.

It's also the reason why I don't felt bothered about Gorkinton's townread at Edo, for instance. For all I know, it can be RVS joke.

RVS is simply too assumptive to analyse at.

Me don't feel need to make something out of nothing.
In post 94, Realeo wrote:I don't think you understand.

Every game, I try to make something happen. Please check my wiki.
You don't need to concerned about my capability about independently making analysis
, BTD can vouch for that. He has good sample of me. You only need to be concerned about the quality of my conclusion.

For this game, however, I
genuinely
don't think anything that another players pointed out is noteworthy and I have lost my momentum to make anything note worthy.

People went "Myeah. Edo is weird." Well. So what? Why is it scummy? Why it's not play style?

People went "Chamber is too reactive." Well. So what? Why is it scummy? Why it's not play style?

I felt playing "find the player who is psychopath IRL" instead of playing mafia.

Ok. So what's wrong with everybody?

I don't understand why any of your action that you make fuss off is necessarily deceptive. Yes, Gork's townread is out of place, but is there any deception involved? What's wrong with Gork's townread??
In post 101, Realeo wrote:
In post 97, Gorkington wrote:
In post 94, Realeo wrote:For this game, however, I genuinely don't think anything that another players pointed out is noteworthy and I have lost my momentum to make anything note worthy.
do you think there is value in trying to poke people or exaggerate your feelings on something to try to get a further reaction?
are you someone who usually gets bothered for not being meaningfully involved in the earlygame?
because you trying to be a passive player who analyzes things strikes me as something that people would typically find scummy.
1. Not really. You would mistaken a genuine human reaction for something. People can be genuinely pissed off IRL, you know.
2. Usually I would do some "intentionally scummy thing" to get out of RVS, but I lost my opportunity.

@Chamber: How do your scumread develops from "the first post" into active lurking accusation. It feels jumpy so something must happen in the between with me?

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:00 am

Post by Chip Butty »

I read it as 'This is something Realio does', so of course my response is 'Show me'.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 223, Chip Butty wrote:I read it as 'This is something Realio does', so of course my response is 'Show me'.
I have learned to accommodate semantic disagreement, so sure.

Return to “Completed Open Games”