Micro 743: Musical mafia | Encore

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Virtuoso »

VC 1.03

Lynching

Psyche
(2): TrueGent, Silmarils
Killthestory
(2): BurnMyDread, Gödel
Assemblerotws
(1): Ahsoka Tano
Silmarils
(1): Assemblerotws
Ahsoka Tano
(1): Killthestory

Not Voting
(2): Psyche, Noteworthy

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-09-30 17:45:16)

Mod Notes
: Keep it fun!

Let me know if I made any mistakes

Ahsoka Tano is then tman2nd
Pysche is the new Anxiety
Prodding Gödel
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Silmarils, could you please please, like, put commas between reads or put them on different lines or something?
I know you're not, but it feels like you're speaking in code with your current way of stating them!

Super excited that Psyche is here!
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 175, Virtuoso wrote:Let me know if I made any mistakes

Ahsoka Tano is then tman2nd
^^^

I is then... :P
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Killthestory »

oh my god it's psyche
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Psyche »

[quote=VysePresident]In my experience, as a general rule, scum tend to shy away from engaging in RVS - with the distinction that by engaging, I mean actually pushing the game forward and making commitments. Scum have a tendency to play safe, and while this particular tell is very dependent on context and personality, I've noticed Scum will often banter during RVS if they feel the need to sound like they're contributing, and nudge in the general direction of perceived vulnerability.[/quote]

could you tell me more concretely what you think the difference between earlygame town and earlygame scum posts are
You can't step in the same river twice.
Silmarils
Silmarils
Goon
Silmarils
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Silmarils »

In post 176, Ahsoka Tano wrote:Silmarils, could you please please, like, put commas between reads or put them on different lines or something?
I know you're not, but it feels like you're speaking in code with your current way of stating them!

As a child I was brutally abused by punctuation and so shy from it ever since
Silmarils
Silmarils
Goon
Silmarils
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Silmarils »

In post 173, TrueGent wrote:wolfy
What's the issue
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

godel is just vry earnest/new; i understand the suspicion but the claim feels genuine

think ahsoka is probably town; don't think scum would pull the "I think Godel might still be scum" thing. People have a habit of thinking that arguments they believe are more convincing than they actually are, and scum *know* if Godel is telling the truth (which he is), so I'd say scum are more likely to outwardly trust Godel claim than town. Don't think her reads are quality at all though tbh.

town lean on noteworthy/vyse for the style of his reads and because ahsoka townreads him, but just a small town lean; he also still takes seriously the idea that Godel is scum

ok where does that leave me

02. Killthestory
03. TrueGent
04. BurnMyDread
08. Assemblerotws

i only recognize kts what's going on
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Psyche »

oh truegent is the anime avatar
null is about right
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Psyche »

burnthedread's reaction to kts seems appropriate but not much to run on; the pattern of inactivity is hard to read too
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

leave the assemblerotws read for tomorrow...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

if i had to kill someone right now it would be kts; the difference between his engagement and the effort he's put into this game is pretty huge
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 180, Silmarils wrote:
In post 176, Ahsoka Tano wrote:Silmarils, could you please please, like, put commas between reads or put them on different lines or something?

As a child I was brutally abused by punctuation and so shy from it ever since
So that's a no, period?
Comma on, you can do it!
In post 186, Psyche wrote:if i had to kill someone right now it would be kts; the difference between his engagement and the effort he's put into this game is pretty huge
Yeah, but do you think he does this as scum? I mean, maybe, but I don't think so.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

do you think kts is the sort to tryhard when he's scum?
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

@Psyche - Where do you get that I'm taking Godel = Scum as a likely possibility right now? Can't tell if you're Townreading or Scumreading me for this, but it's not accurate regardless. Unless I'm misunderstanding the fruit vendor role (Which nobody has clarified for me yet - isn't it impossible for a fruit vendor to take an action other than fruit vending? :/ ), it doesn't seem to be a great fakeclaim choice, and ought to be pretty obvious prior to endgame if so.

I'm not sure what there is to expand on in terms of my comment about scum early-game play. It's a generalization. A concrete/absolute generalization is an oxymoron. I'll take a stab at a summary, which is that early game Scum often struggle to provide original content or commitment. Town struggles too, but they're more likely to take risks or be ridiculous. (Something that used to drive me nuts when I was a newbie, but this game is proof of why it works.) Scum are more likely to play off the themes that emerge because it's easier.

TL;DR - It's easier for Scum - especially newbie scum - to act like vultures. Banter is fun, but is also a form of engaging without content. If you have any more questions, please clarify!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Psyche »

@Psyche - Where do you get that I'm taking Godel = Scum as a likely possibility right now? Can't tell if you're Townreading or Scumreading me for this, but it's not accurate regardless. Unless I'm misunderstanding the fruit vendor role (Which nobody has clarified for me yet - isn't it impossible for a fruit vendor to take an action other than fruit vending? :/ ), it doesn't seem to be a great fakeclaim choice, and ought to be pretty obvious prior to endgame if so.
oh ok i misread

disagree that scum are particularly bad at making original content; they can actually be more comfortable throwing around ideas because they don't have to worry about the ideas being right
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 188, Psyche wrote:do you think kts is the sort to tryhard when he's scum?
Perhaps not tryhard, but try. At this point he's asking to be lynched really and I don't think that's a risk he takes as scum.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Killthestory »

psyche is scumreading me somethings wrong with my lide
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Killthestory »

btw other players youre gonna have to tell me if psyche is scum becauase im already pocketed
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

pocketed?
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

Kill is already convinced Psyche is town. If Psyche was actually scum, his getting people to townread him would be called pocketing.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Gödel »

prod received reading thread now will post shortly
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 am

Post by Gödel »

I think someone somewhere speculated about the role I doubt mine is the normal Fruit Vendor variety since they will know that I visited them, so mentioned by name. After re reading the wiki article I think neither visitor or fruit vendor is the proper description of my role since for visitor the target doesn't know it was visited and for fruit vendor my name wouldn't be revealed. So I assume this is a not a standard role but more a modified fruit vendor/visitor mish mash sort of thing. But it is why I said it would be useless to waste a night action on me since the person will be able to confirm that I visited them. Up on re reading my post when someone quoted it I don't think I made that aspect clear enough.
In post 186, Psyche wrote:if i had to kill someone right now it would be kts; the difference between his engagement and the effort he's put into this game is pretty huge
Could you elaborate on this? Do you mean the amount of posts he has vs his contribution?
In post 123, Assemblerotws wrote:There's not much to go on here, and I've got music lessons in five minutes, so this is just an alert that I'm going to be rereading this thread in a couple hours.
It has now been a couple of days would you care to share some of the things you saw?

@BurnMyDread You have 5 posts so far would you care to contribute a bit more?

We have about 4 days left to the deadline so I think if we want a lynch its time to start making cases or else we wont have enough time to decide. I will re read the whole thread and try to put something together tonight, though depending how the evening turns out I may only get to it tomorrow morning, so expect something in at most 18 hours from me.
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:49 am

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 140, Ahsoka Tano wrote:
In post 91, Gödel wrote:Well I was going to do this on Day #2 but since the game is pretty dead right now(we have 4 players who should get prodded(that is also why I asked for the vote count)), I will do it now, and hope this kick starts some activity.

My role is the Town Visitor, the Fruit Vendor variety. This means I HAVE to visit a person each night and they will know that they were visited. Considering that by Day #2 I could be confirmed in my role, I was going to wait till then to role claim. In post I talked about visiting, I tried to hide it in some spam so that hopefully not too many people would pick up on it but that I had something to refer back to on Day #2 when I claimed, obviously I suck at it considering I was called out for it. I also suck at being a conf town so I am really sorry if I screw things up.

If there are any none watcher investigative roles in this game don't target me at night, it will be wasted since whomever I target will be able to confirm that they were targeted, if we do have a watcher, I may be a decent target since I could be role blocked or killed tonight if the mafia don't want a conf town tomorrow. Don't interpret this as me wanting you to out yourself though, it is just an idea.

I wont reveal who I will visit since then it would just give the mafia an easy way to kill someone and set me up as lynch bait tomorrow, and I have no idea yet, who I will visit. Though no worries I will bring some fruits ;)

PS I have never had this role before so post game it would be cool if someone who is more experienced could comment on some strategy for it. I assumed role claiming would be the best strategy since any other way I can cause confusion in interpreting night actions. Since by Day #2 I could be confirmed 100% I wanted to wait till then. But better to discuss this post game that way I know I should be getting advice without any hidden motives.(I am pretty much just posting this so I don't forget it)
Can you kill and visit in the same night?
That will change my advice greatly! :)
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:56 am

Post by TrueGent »

What
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”