UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:52 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 274, Realeo wrote:Do you know that mafiascum is the only forum where my joke delivery rate is literally 0%?
Don't worry, I got that you were joking.

I meant my post more along the lines of "you shouldn't be mocking ChipButty".
Ah, The Old Reddit Switch-a-roo..?
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Realeo »

I have to admit that I am reddit/4chan-virgin.

Either for the better or the worse.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:18 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 274, Realeo wrote:Do you know that mafiascum is the only forum where my joke delivery rate is literally 0%?
0.1%. My sarcasm/jokes tend to fly over heads so I tend to pick up on jokes on here.

*Refer to my Alchemist, Assemble and Mulch jokes*

(Currently in class but won't be able to get around to this until I get home tonight. I have to finish a proposal after class, just checking up on this to keep up to date).
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 271, Realeo wrote:On a serious note, I am having a hard time. I find the degree of scumminess of ChipButty is bolder than IceGuy, but I find IceGuy less likely to be town.

Using mathematical notation, on a spectrum of 0 to 1 for 0 is town, if the probability function of rolling town of both player is Gaussian distribution, median ChipButty < median IceGuy but standard deviation ChipButty > standard deviation Ice Guy.
In post 276, Realeo wrote:I have to admit that I am
reddit/4chan-
a virgin.

:lol:
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 275, UnaBombaH wrote:
Don't worry, I got that you were joking.

I meant my post more along the lines of "you shouldn't be mocking ChipButty".
Ah, The Old Reddit Switch-a-roo..?
It's okay. I laughed heartily for several seconds.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Realeo »

@ChipButty
Would you be my Vedith?

@ChipButty
What you think of IceGuy?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Chip Butty »

I don't know what a Vedith is, and I'm not feeling adventurous, so no.

I need to reread but I have liked Luca's push.

More in a bit...
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:13 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 281, Chip Butty wrote:I don't know what a Vedith is, and I'm not feeling adventurous, so no.
WHAT
Vedith is?
I'll give you a quick rundown:

\o/
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 281, Chip Butty wrote:I don't know what a Vedith is, and I'm not feeling adventurous, so no.
Me and Vedith went into a huge fight at one moment.

Some days after the fight, when Vedith goes to a hiatus, I feel sad because I missed his IDGAF charisma. When he returned back and replaced to a game with me, I can't stand him, but I enjoy playing with him and we worked together in that game--but for God sake he rolled scum--I was trolled--but it was nice. I felt happy when I mod him.

But now he site flaked again.

And I missed him.

Now that we think it, we kinda the same.

We went into the big fight in THAT game.

We kinda hate each other--it should be obvious--but we kinda respected each other? Somehow we do not went into eternal descent.

It's complicated and I don't remember I have this feeling with my girlfriend.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Realeo »

In case you are wondering, I am 10% serious and 90% trying to make you feel creepy.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 283, Realeo wrote:
Me and Vedith went into a huge fight at one moment.

Some days after the fight, when Vedith goes to a hiatus, I feel sad because I missed his IDGAF charisma. When he returned back and replaced to a game with me, I can't stand him, but I enjoy playing with him and we worked together in that game--but for God sake he rolled scum--I was trolled--but it was nice. I felt happy when I mod him.

But now he site flaked again.

And I missed him.

Now that we think it, we kinda the same.

We went into the big fight in THAT game.

We kinda hate each other--it should be obvious--but we kinda respected each other? Somehow we do not went into eternal descent.

It's complicated and I don't remember I have this feeling with my girlfriend.
So...Vedith stimulates you in ways that your girlfriend can't? Is that what you're saying?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 284, Realeo wrote:In case you are wondering, I am 10% serious and 90% trying to make you feel creepy.
It's...kind of working...

I think I'll do the reread later, like about in 8 to 10 hours Pesky RL...
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:43 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 257, Luca Blight wrote: I don't like the reasons for this vote or the position he is conveying either - he's focusing on the lurkers who are the easy targets for the lynch. He doesn't care which of them is lynched and has made it clear he will switch to any of them if a wagon forms. Basically this just looks opportunistic to me.
Do you always get your #1 scumread lynched? Don't you see the point in compromising?
And yet ChipButty isn't someone you're considering for the lynch (based on your quote above)? You have genuine reasons to vote ChipButty so why just pick on the lurkers instead?
A bad justification is not necessarily a scummy justification. Also, why are you so intent on defending the lurkers who have literally contributed nothing to the game?
You said earlier that I had decided to start a wagon on you and was trying to find reasons - that implies a scum read to me, or do you think Town would have similar motivation?
As above: Town does bad things.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 287, IceGuy wrote:Do you always get your #1 scumread lynched? Don't you see the point in compromising?
Isn't it too early to compromise? I personally would only compromise during deadline or people are starting to tunnel.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Realeo »

@IceGuy?
Can I have a read list for non-lurkers, please?

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 288, Realeo wrote:
In post 287, IceGuy wrote:Do you always get your #1 scumread lynched? Don't you see the point in compromising?
Isn't it too early to compromise? I personally would only compromise during deadline or people are starting to tunnel.
I haven't changed my vote from UnaBombaH and I currently do not intend doing so (especially with his first "content" post, which is basically OMGUS). I still hope the UnaBombaH wagon goes through.

However, if the UnaBombaH wagon falls apart and there's a wagon on any of the other three (and they do not start being towny posters), I will immediately switch. I would also switch back if there's a UnaBombaH wagon after all and he doesn't suddenly start to become town.

Read list:

Town: Chip Butty/Alchemist/Realeo
Leaning town: Luca/CK/grapes
Neutral: Mulch/GNB
Leaning scum: ironstove/Duckworth
Scum: Assemble/UnaBombaH
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

FWIW I liked it. :lol:
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 269, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 246, Alchemist21 wrote:Do you have any actual thoughts on the game currently?
I looked back through your posts and it's all jokes and pointless posts.
You must have some reads by now, even if they're weak.
This part is the most important one: I'm not one to normally shitpost through the game.
I've been trying a new approach to day 1.

The thing is: I suck at early game reading because I don't "understand" tone.
I mainly read interactions, and this game had very few good ones in the first 5 pages or so.
I already admitted as much: they all felt very weird and instead of AI reads, I felt like some of it almost gave better indications on IQs.. :lol:

In a game like this that has either a slower start, or interactions I can't read well enough to react, I now tried to pull the focus on my own actions.
Anyone who has been noting my behavior in a negative manner so far has been gaining some minor towncred from me.

The thing about scum is that they want players who aren't "gamesolve-y" to make it to the lategame, and therefore don't always latch onto people who post, but only "keep appearances".
And that is what I have been trying to create: fluff.

Alchemist
is my first townread simply because they took the step to call me out on it.
On the other hand, I DO have one scumlean based on how they put their vote on me.

IceGuy
voted after Alchemist had "bit the bullet" in making a base for a wagon, and instead of following his reasonable argument, IceGuy only said he is willing to vote all lurkers and just happened to choose me from amongst them.
And therefore I shall VOTE: IceGuy.

Slight townlean on
Luca Blight
for calling IceGuy out before I got to it. (and also the Suikoden thing, that actually affects my gameplay..)
I don't really like how you start claiming your fluff was fully intentional after getting called on it.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:58 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 290, IceGuy wrote:However, if the UnaBombaH wagon falls apart and there's a wagon on any of the other three (and they do not start being towny posters), I will immediately switch. I would also switch back if there's a UnaBombaH wagon after all and he doesn't suddenly start to become town.
This is so Town........... :roll:

My post/vote are far from OMGUS IceGuy.
If you can't handle being scumread and can't see which actions trigger that read onto you, then you need to inspect your own play more and try to see if there is a pattern.
If you THINK you aren't playing "scummy" as town, but people scumread you, then you need to find another way to communicate if you want to play with more success: you can't change how others see you.. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 278, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 271, Realeo wrote:On a serious note, I am having a hard time. I find the degree of scumminess of ChipButty is bolder than IceGuy, but I find IceGuy less likely to be town.

Using mathematical notation, on a spectrum of 0 to 1 for 0 is town, if the probability function of rolling town of both player is Gaussian distribution, median ChipButty < median IceGuy but standard deviation ChipButty > standard deviation Ice Guy.
reddit/4chan-
a virgin.

DAAAAMN. Just DAAAAAMN. :lol:
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 290, IceGuy wrote:Town: Chip Butty/Alchemist/Realeo
Leaning town: Luca/CK/grapes
Neutral: Mulch/GNB
Leaning scum: ironstove/Duckworth
Scum: Assemble
/UnaBombaH
Wait. What?

Why you never talk about this? Explain your scumread please. I personally forgot about assemble so can use some insight.

UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 292, Alchemist21 wrote:I don't really like how you start claiming your fluff was fully intentional after getting called on it.
Go ISO-dive me and see how I play.
This is what I do.

I also don't mind being scumread, because I understand that as long as I'm not mislynched for it, people should be able to make distinctions between "acting scummy" and "playing for scum win-condition".
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 294, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 278, Chip Butty wrote:

reddit/4chan-
a virgin.

DAAAAMN. Just DAAAAAMN. :lol:
I have to admit. It was good...and true.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 287, IceGuy wrote:
In post 257, Luca Blight wrote: I don't like the reasons for this vote or the position he is conveying either - he's focusing on the lurkers who are the easy targets for the lynch. He doesn't care which of them is lynched and has made it clear he will switch to any of them if a wagon forms. Basically this just looks opportunistic to me.
Do you always get your #1 scumread lynched? Don't you see the point in compromising?
If I have a clear scumread then I will pursue that lynch until it's not longer reasonably possible, and only then look at compromising. What you're doing is just lining up a few easy targets to wagon at will and, as I said, it seems opportunistic to me.
In post 287, IceGuy wrote: A bad justification is not necessarily a scummy justification. Also, why are you so intent on defending the lurkers who have literally contributed nothing to the game?
You said earlier that I had decided to start a wagon on you and was trying to find reasons - that implies a scum read to me, or do you think Town would have similar motivation?
As above: Town does bad things.
I'm in no way defending the lurkers - I am questioning the motivation behind your current stance, that a lynch of any lurker will do. It's such an easy path of no resistance to go down, and it doesn't sit right with me. There would be no issue if you had at least attempted to interact with the lurkers and draw reads out of them, but to just brand them all 'useless' and say any of them can be lynched is at best anti-town, and at worst a very scummy thing to do.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 298, Luca Blight wrote:I'm in no way defending the lurkers - I am questioning the motivation behind your current stance, that a lynch of any lurker will do. It's such an easy path of no resistance to go down, and it doesn't sit right with me. There would be no issue if you had at least attempted to interact with the lurkers and draw reads out of them, but to just brand them all 'useless' and say any of them can be lynched is at best anti-town, and at worst a very scummy thing to do.
I like this.
And I sort of like you. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

Return to “Completed Open Games”