Mini Normal 1946 | Classic Hits | Town Victory!

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1918, Toranaga wrote:
unvote: skitter

skitter I'd like to know why you put Havo on L-1 in the sense of helping town's wincon. I'd also like to know your thoughts on Maria and how you came from townreading her to voting her. this is my whole case against you. reading into your posts, I think you're too smart for the votes you made, and felt your posting when you did it was scummy.
(Um, sorry, I tend to write walls)

Spoiler: @Tor
For Havo, I disliked the way he reacted to the wagon that was built on him; the way he reacted just kinda looked like caught scum to me. Instead of explaining his thought process, he just devolved into shouting that it was too early to get reads. Even as pressure built on him, he just kept screaming his talking point of 'I CAN'T HAVE READS YET IT'S TOO EARLY' instead of trying to, say, analyze the votes on his wagon, or, you know, try to come up with some opinions on the gamestate. Enough had happened at that point that I felt his resistance to analyzing like anything was coming from scum who was taking refuge in the defense that he felt he *couldn't* yet.

For Maria, I initially liked the way she reacted to Havo's claim in . I also liked the way she was pushing Mulch.

However, I had some hesitations. She was never on the *highest* tier of townreads because there were some things I didn't like. Her vote on Chip in that post was slightly odd, especially since she later admitted that it was partially OMGUS based. I also didn't like her push on HEM, because I liked his 'let the PRs sort themselves out' stance, and has held onto those views while under pressure, or her reaction to WM's vote on her.

The thing that tipped her over into a scumread was her misere vote in . It was incredibly opportunistic. She had called Chip out earlier for doing the same thing (), but chose to hop on the misere thing literally as a survival vote, which she herself admitted. Not only that, she decidedly stayed away from the other wagons that were actually happening and decided to start a vanity wagon that her scumread was pushing. This seemed inconsistent in that she was listening to a scumread, and that she was ignoring several other viable wagons in favor of starting a bandwgon on someone I was townreading.

I also still don't get why we're pushing misere atm. Yeah, it made sense to push them while they were lurking, but now that we're (eventually maybe) getting a replacement, the activity thing shouldn't be a problem once someone replaces in and we can sort them properly. I don't like voting slots that don't have people behind them who can't defend themselves. I feel like the misere wagon is being opportunistically utilized by scum to push a lynch.

I'm also slightly concerned by the fact that in this gamestate BBT's wagon is stalling once again.

The fact that Serg is just kinda floating around the edges is also disconcerting. He's also one of those players I can see scum pushing for a relatively easy lynch, and the fact that it isn't happening is weird.

I don't ever want to lynch WM. WM's miller claim likely comes from town and he's like the only person looking at this game with some semblance of sense. He also isn't afraid to take stances that are unpopular in the gamestate (ie his repeated votes on Fykus even though he can't get anyone to follow him there). I'm also leaning away from a HEM lynch. is stance on the PRs and inactives makes sense and has been remarkably consistent; I like that he's trying to look beyond the PRs and inactivies today in order to try to sort as many people as possible. He's, like, looking at the game practically and trying to utilize our time and lynches in the most efficient way possible instead of getting caught up in the PR/inactive thing.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Fykus »

Pretty good.

UNVOTE: skitter
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Fykus »

Scum reads and claim please skitter
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Skitter ignored me again - rather unimpressed by that, especially after my last post about her was specifically about said ignoring.
I'm literally still her biggest pusher and she's pretending like I'm not here and has no read on me.
That's weird any way you cut it, and makes me want to flip her just on general principal that she is proving that she is hard skimming the game but isn't being honest about it.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Fykus »

Claim pls thor
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Considering I am advocating lynching in the unclaimed, I would like to think my claim was already pretty obvious - also it's rather meaningless to ask. Scum would be daft to claim a PR at this point, and I would pretty much wager any amount you care to that no town PRs are currently unclaimed.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

So Vanilla Town, right?
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Fykus »

So then your whole deal with my claim being scummy with tor holds no water
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Fykus »

VOTE: thor
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I'm not sure that's making sense fykus
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Have you locked Thor as town, Toranaga?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1985, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Have you locked Thor as town, Toranaga?
eh

I like his posts. I don't fully know who is scum yet to lock town him.

fykus' push on him is unreasonable though.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1982, Fykus wrote:So then your whole deal with my claim being scummy with tor holds no water
What deal did I have with your claim exactly?
Please quote it and I'll accept your issue.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1951, Thor665 wrote:@Fykus - I know, you're lying because you missed me saying I saw that info in one of my posts ;)
It's okay because I'm tunneling Misere, Skitter, and BBT.
Went back and looked - with a squint I'm guessing it's this.
Since you're not reading my other posts to put it in context here's a hint - the winky face...might mean I'm not being serious.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1975, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1918, Toranaga wrote:
unvote: skitter

skitter I'd like to know why you put Havo on L-1 in the sense of helping town's wincon. I'd also like to know your thoughts on Maria and how you came from townreading her to voting her. this is my whole case against you. reading into your posts, I think you're too smart for the votes you made, and felt your posting when you did it was scummy.
(Um, sorry, I tend to write walls)

Spoiler: @Tor
For Havo, I disliked the way he reacted to the wagon that was built on him; the way he reacted just kinda looked like caught scum to me. Instead of explaining his thought process, he just devolved into shouting that it was too early to get reads. Even as pressure built on him, he just kept screaming his talking point of 'I CAN'T HAVE READS YET IT'S TOO EARLY' instead of trying to, say, analyze the votes on his wagon, or, you know, try to come up with some opinions on the gamestate. Enough had happened at that point that I felt his resistance to analyzing like anything was coming from scum who was taking refuge in the defense that he felt he *couldn't* yet.

For Maria, I initially liked the way she reacted to Havo's claim in . I also liked the way she was pushing Mulch.

However, I had some hesitations. She was never on the *highest* tier of townreads because there were some things I didn't like. Her vote on Chip in that post was slightly odd, especially since she later admitted that it was partially OMGUS based. I also didn't like her push on HEM, because I liked his 'let the PRs sort themselves out' stance, and has held onto those views while under pressure, or her reaction to WM's vote on her.

The thing that tipped her over into a scumread was her misere vote in . It was incredibly opportunistic. She had called Chip out earlier for doing the same thing (), but chose to hop on the misere thing literally as a survival vote, which she herself admitted. Not only that, she decidedly stayed away from the other wagons that were actually happening and decided to start a vanity wagon that her scumread was pushing. This seemed inconsistent in that she was listening to a scumread, and that she was ignoring several other viable wagons in favor of starting a bandwgon on someone I was townreading.

I also still don't get why we're pushing misere atm. Yeah, it made sense to push them while they were lurking, but now that we're (eventually maybe) getting a replacement, the activity thing shouldn't be a problem once someone replaces in and we can sort them properly. I don't like voting slots that don't have people behind them who can't defend themselves. I feel like the misere wagon is being opportunistically utilized by scum to push a lynch.

I'm also slightly concerned by the fact that in this gamestate BBT's wagon is stalling once again.

The fact that Serg is just kinda floating around the edges is also disconcerting. He's also one of those players I can see scum pushing for a relatively easy lynch, and the fact that it isn't happening is weird.

I don't ever want to lynch WM. WM's miller claim likely comes from town and he's like the only person looking at this game with some semblance of sense. He also isn't afraid to take stances that are unpopular in the gamestate (ie his repeated votes on Fykus even though he can't get anyone to follow him there). I'm also leaning away from a HEM lynch. is stance on the PRs and inactives makes sense and has been remarkably consistent; I like that he's trying to look beyond the PRs and inactivies today in order to try to sort as many people as possible. He's, like, looking at the game practically and trying to utilize our time and lynches in the most efficient way possible instead of getting caught up in the PR/inactive thing.
alright these are fair reasons except for the fact that you've actually put both Maria (accidentally) and Havo at L-1.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Toranaga »

and I don't see how you could have done that willingly and thought that's advance town's wincon. you ignored that part in your response.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by Mulch »

@Toranga:
I apologize for being a dick last night. I got out of control and let my emotions control me, something I've been working on.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1924, Toranaga wrote:chip butty basically can't be scum with anybody, so I guess I should lock clear him now.
Can you explain this?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1926, Toranaga wrote:yup

misère > skitter > HEM might win the game
In post 1927, Toranaga wrote:
vote: misère
Why are you backing off Skitter? Why aren't I scum anymore?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1929, Chip Butty wrote:
So...your game solution, this latest version, starts with lynching a player who has posted a total of 6 times, hasn't posted for 11 days, and is likely to be replaced soon? :eek:
Why didn't you bring this up when I was pushing them? You didn't scumread me for it, ever.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1961, WhyMafia wrote:Fykus's read progression seems awful. He goes from voting BBT for basically doing nothing & not understanding Maria's wagon before voting her (L-1/Lynch) for her anti-town remarks. For someone who didn't seem to understand the scum reads, he hopped on for a pretty BS reason. His stance on Havo was strange as well. Finally. he blatantly softs for a while, and I feel like his claim is coordinated w/ Toranga.
It's very possible scum tracker and town gunsmith in this situation. It was similar to giga's game with town watcher and scum tracker.
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1962, WhyMafia wrote:I honestly cannot explain Mulch. It's just that some posts really ping me, and his reactions w/ Toranga make me feel like he's hard bussing to get town cred. In regards to Toranga, I don't like his reactions or lack of replying to Mulch's case/the scum reads on him
Ok, then vote Toranga. I don't care if you think I"m bussing after they flip. We can deal with that later...vote the probable scum
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 1969, Fykus wrote:Im starting to second guess my skitter read because of all these anti town posts.
From whom?
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Mulch »

You guys already know my role. This was an incredibly bad decision to massclaim lol
Amrock#3784
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1994, Mulch wrote:
In post 1929, Chip Butty wrote:
So...your game solution, this latest version, starts with lynching a player who has posted a total of 6 times, hasn't posted for 11 days, and is likely to be replaced soon? :eek:
Why didn't you bring this up when I was pushing them? You didn't scumread me for it, ever.
Pretty sure i did. I think someone even gave me cred for it. But let me check...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”