Micro 743: Musical mafia | Encore

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 221, Silmarils wrote:Assemble meta would be nice if anyone knows him
I link all my games on my wiki page. Lack of activity shows lack of interest, something that happens more as scum and during small games.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:07 am

Post by Noteworthy »

Well I was writing a long, train of thought post and accidentally deleted my tab. Then started falling asleep. Just going to cut to the chase because it's 7 AM. (Probably for the best, I ramble a lot when I'm tired.)

-My pool is mostly the same. All reads are fuzzy except Townread on Asuka and Godel at this point, which I'm relatively comfortable with.

Gent and Burn are sorta there but not pinging me. Same as before really, Gent is null with Townie vibes, Burn is null.

Sil's last posts ping me a bit, but it's hard to make a lot of it due to his disengagement. Move him down a notch.

Assemble feels like a copout but I don't actually have anything better to offer. I had a rant about this before, but it mostly just boiled down to me being too fuzzy on the others and conversing with myself about lynching him or not. I don't have strong reads so I'm basically coming back to this. I don't need a blank card with a all the fuzzy ones.

Psych has decent sense. Like him as a player, not comfortable with a read on him yet.

P-Edit...Assemble just scum-claimed...?

P-Edit #2 - Holy cow did I really start this post a freaking hour ago? Night >_<
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:28 am

Post by Virtuoso »

VC 1.04

NSFW lyrics!

Lynching

Assemblerotws
(3): Ahsoka Tano, Gödel, TrueGent
Psyche
(1): Silmarils
Killthestory
(1): BurnMyDread
Silmarils
(1): Assemblerotws
Ahsoka Tano
(1): Killthestory

Not Voting
(2): Psyche, Noteworthy

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-09-30 17:45:16)

Mod Notes
: Keep it fun!

Let me know if I made any mistakes

Last edited by Virtuoso on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:29 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 226, Noteworthy wrote:Well I was writing a long, train of thought post and accidentally deleted my tab. Then started falling asleep. Just going to cut to the chase because it's 7 AM. (Probably for the best, I ramble a lot when I'm tired.)

-My pool is mostly the same. All reads are fuzzy except Townread on Asuka and Godel at this point, which I'm relatively comfortable with.

Gent and Burn are sorta there but not pinging me. Same as before really, Gent is null with Townie vibes, Burn is null.

Sil's last posts ping me a bit, but it's hard to make a lot of it due to his disengagement. Move him down a notch.

Assemble feels like a copout but I don't actually have anything better to offer. I had a rant about this before, but it mostly just boiled down to me being too fuzzy on the others and conversing with myself about lynching him or not. I don't have strong reads so I'm basically coming back to this. I don't need a blank card with a all the fuzzy ones.

Psych has decent sense. Like him as a player, not comfortable with a read on him yet.

P-Edit...Assemble just scum-claimed...?

P-Edit #2 - Holy cow did I really start this post a freaking hour ago? Night >_<
No, I didn't scumclaim. It's the small game that affected my interest.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:38 am

Post by Killthestory »

silmarils voted assemble iirc.

also not a bad lynch but noteworthy seems okay along with burnmydread
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 229, Killthestory wrote:silmarils voted assemble iirc.

In post 225, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 221, Silmarils wrote:Assemble meta would be nice if anyone knows him
I link all my games on my wiki page. Lack of activity shows lack of interest, something that happens more as scum and during small games.
In post 220, Silmarils wrote:
/vote assemble

Let's see where this goes
Yup
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Whoops, Assemble quote snick in lol
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 226, Noteworthy wrote:Well I was writing a long, train of thought post and accidentally deleted my tab.
there's this cool extension called Lazarus you should get it
You can't step in the same river twice.
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:16 am

Post by TrueGent »

In post 229, Killthestory wrote:silmarils voted assemble iirc.

I'd lynch burn before noteworthy I think
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:18 am

Post by TrueGent »

In post 219, Silmarils wrote:K nvm Godels town just based on the wall of pain p sure
What
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

In post 232, Psyche wrote:
In post 226, Noteworthy wrote:Well I was writing a long, train of thought post and accidentally deleted my tab.
there's this cool extension called Lazarus you should get it
Will look into it.
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

A Virtuoso...
In post 220, Silmarils wrote:
/vote assemble

Let's see where this goes

Other than this I don't know what to say. Come on people! Get in here and discuss something! Or someone just hammer already. We're obviously not gonna have the activity to change this in the next 2 days, and this is getting a tad boring. Let's go!
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

I was finishing a writeup. It's mostly for myself but posting it lets me be a Good Role Model, so please let me hammer in a couple hours?

As a sidenote, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but I would dearly love to understand Gent and Kill's opinions on me. :igmeou:
BurnMyDread
BurnMyDread
Townie
BurnMyDread
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by BurnMyDread »

hey guys xd
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by TrueGent »

In post 237, Noteworthy wrote:I was finishing a writeup. It's mostly for myself but posting it lets me be a Good Role Model, so please let me hammer in a couple hours?

As a sidenote, I know I'm going to regret asking this, but I would dearly love to understand Gent and Kill's opinions on me. :igmeou:
townier than my other 2 null reads, your posts actually have substance to them so id probably lynch you last out of the 3 rn
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by TrueGent »

In post 238, BurnMyDread wrote:hey guys xd
are you scum
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: assemble

would this be a hammer
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

that's a bit premature and annoying kts
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Killthestory »

sorry i should have waited for people to not post youre right
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

oh it's not a lynch okay
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

but you thought it was?
you don't even think we should seek a roleclaim yet?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

by the way, the mod didn't post a sample VT role pm and there's a lot of reason to think the ability descriptions are consistent across VTs, so the first time someone claims VT, we should be able to test it
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

Basically turning musings/notes into a post.

Not going to bother with Godel since I've been over his stuff a fair bit. Town due to claim and basically not being obv-scum afterwards. Going to be lazy about Ari too just because there's not much controversy there and a quick reread still has me feeling okay. (And I've been working all day for most of the week, so I don't really feel like staying up much longer for something I really don't think I need to care about.)

---

Simarils
(Null maybe Townlean)

Not much to read going in. Ton of banter between him and True.

I have no clue what means, would appreciate clarification.

& are good.

It's minimalist and disengaged, but I went into this leaning scum due to being focused on and , but what I see doesn't support that.

Moving him up a notch. He is no longer in my immediate scum reads and I'm debating a light Townlean.

---

TrueGent
(Townlean)

This one is weird for me because I can't really get a picture of his thought process outside the most straightforward angle. Can't tell if that's because of his style or just me.

Kinda like the aggravation with the pace of the game. Fits into my impressions of Gent as a weird, sanguine bulldog puppy. Slightly eager, aggressive, and pouncing all over the place trying to bite.

Townlean mostly because of the positions he takes make sense for him to latch onto. I don't necessarily agree with him, but I think I see where he's coming from across the board.

Don't entirely get why he's so fond of KTS, but I'll guess it's for the soulmate vote and some similarities in style?

---

KTS
(Scummy)- Making a point of noting the context and timeline here.

Not much starting out. He's being slightly trollish in the banter phase.

Vaguely agrees with my push on Godel in immediately after I explain my reasoning and make it clear this is a hard push in

Votes for Godel in after I further breakdown my read in and tman reacts positively in .

Presses this further in .

Godel then claims. KTS makes a banter post, then follows up some hours later with a vote on Assemble after his post

Complains about activity, then says "Good job" in to me after I type up some thoughts. I'm not 100% sure it isn't sarcasm, but is seems more likely to be sincere. Correct me if wrong.

Votes for Anxiety as a soulread in

Votes for asuko in due to post . Was kinda nothing this in my thoughts even before this (back in the 'GJ' reads post), but he's jumping on an awful lot of hooks quickly and easily. It kinda feels like he's trying to use a style similar to TrueGent's, but without much real thought in it. Gent uses some filtering. KTS sees a hook and he bites every time. :/

kinda to his credit after Asuka towns up. Was pretty obvious Asuka was towning it up though.

He's back finally, and apparently he's now interested in lynching Assemble/BurnMyDread/Myself.

So what I'm seeing is that he latches onto my Godel push as it sorta proves to be serious and doing okay against pressure. He then adds some pressure following Godel's post. So far, I can sympathize, but looking back at the context, there seems to be a pattern that starts here. He votes Assemble for a useless but not overly scummy post. Okay. He votes Anxiety for a 'soulread' that makes me a lil' meh. He then votes for Asuka for an awkward opening post.

His most recent post is to say that he's fine with lynching Assemble/Burn/Myself. I'm going to be self-centered here and say I'm kinda curious as to how he went from sympathizing with me in early game (and approving of my midgame) to what's basically a scumread. It's worth noting that this coincides with TrueGent apparently putting me very low in a reads list. (Noting that I also had a slight scumlean on him.)

Honestly, this is opposite to Sil. I had a small scum lean going into this, and came out with a stronger one. He seems opportunistic moreso than thoughtful.

---

Assemble
(Null/Scummy by PoE?) (
Future Vyse Note
: I wrote this before delving into KTS, but copypasted that upwards in my post. I'm still considering hammering Assemble, but am starting to seriously feel KTS. Problem is, I work all day tomorrow and won't be back until tomorrow night, so I'll wait to hammer for the next ~22 hours. I figure this gives Assemble a chance to roleclaim and me a chance to see if pushing KTS this phase is still viable.)

Won't argue with his claim not to care. He's not really offering anything or even displaying much interest.

As far as alignment indicative stuff goes, it's not much. Given the state of my other reads and his failure to even roleclaim, I'm kinda open to hammering at this point.

Null, only scummy due to my potential lynch pool having been narrowed down to KTS, Assemble, Burn, and Psych. Of these, Burn is a meh read and Psych is in a weird spot. (Psych is in a weird spot because I'm outright confused by his predecessors' play, and respect signs of him being a competent player. I actually sympathize with him on a fair few things, and agree with his views on KtS.)

Sil and Gent could arguably still be scum, but I'm betting against that at this point.

---

I realize that's not everyone, but I've got to hop off for a bit. Enjoy this in the meantime.

TL;DR

-Sil isn't a scumread anymore - might even be a Townlean.

-Gent officially moves up to Townlean.

-Top four scum possibilities are KTS/Assemble/Burn/Psych, maybe in that order. Last two are much less appealing than the first two.

-KTS is prob Scum. He's basically FakeGent.

-Assemble is a Null/Scumread mostly due to me finding Psych and Burn to be unappealing lynch options.

-I will hammer Assemble in about 20-22 hours (When I know I'll be online) probably unless someone REALLY wants me not to do that. Wouldn't mind voting KTS instead, but can live with this.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Gödel »

Well it looks like Assemble is hammered, unless the vote from Silimaris isn't counted. I do find it odd that kts hammered after Noteworthy specifically asked to wait.

Some Answers

@Silmarils - No he didn't answer the question, then again you answered for him about 2 hours after the question was asked, and since you had already answered for him he may have just chosen the lazy route.
@Ahsoka Tano - I scumread Assemble as scum not just because he is lurking but he is lurking in a way that seems like he is contributing, that is what was bothering me. In post you asked Silmarils to explain the vote change but never followed up on it.
@Psyche & Ahsoka Tano - Yes I did read activity as a slight town lean, but I also looked at how that activity was used, like if you don't follow through on your pushes you activity is useless etc. I will try to go over the thread some more and produce a scum list, other than the mentioned pure gut feeling would be anxiety(if i ignore the psyche posts), Sil and TrueGent as scum and Noteworthy, Ahsoka Tano as town and Burn is a null, and undecided on kts(his game play is confusing me a bit) though all this is pure gut reading with nothing to back it up.
@Psyche - I don't think there are any VTs in this game since it is advertised as role madness, or if there is I would say not too many. I mean my role isn't super powerful and more of a hindrance to the town so I would assume we either have some strong pro town roles or we have a lot of weaker pro town roles that mine is supposed to balance out.
@Psyche - Assemble has posted since he has been at L-1(unless silimaris vote doesn't count)

Some questions/following up on unanswered things from my previous post

@Silmarils - Could you please give us your impression of the game so far, you have said you would do this multiple times now but so far have enver followed through.
@kts - why are you pocketed by psyche? Why did you hammer after someone specifically asked not to.
@TrueGent - why do you have Anxiety and Assemble pegged as scum?
@BurnMyDread - unless you start actually participating I think you should replace out, its getting really annoying.
@Psyche - Do you have any prior experience playing with kts? Is this his usual meta?
@Assemblerotws - Even though it is a bit late would you care to contribute a bit if the lynch hasn't happened yet?
@Ahsoka Tano - Why are you voting for Assemble?
@Noteworthy - who is ari?
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Post by Gödel »

ohh yeah I don't really expect there to be an answer to all my question since I think assemble has been hammered but I just wanted them out there if i get killed in the night

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”