Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by Clemency »

Well, actually no, since there's two scum slots, so 2/9 x 2/9?
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 96, Assemblerotws wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Deimos is scum for how they pushed me for what I made clear was a reference to the Book of Job, where God goes on a long diatribe that can be basically summed up as "You know nothing, Job. I am so far above you that you cannot understand a tenth of what I do." That was the purpose of my RVS vote, joking about how I was an SE and Deimos only a newbie.
Hi Assemble, what are you studying that would lead to an assignment on the book of job? Where did Deimos push you after you explained your RVS vote? Why would scum or town do that?

Pedit - nice Clemency but as there are 2 scum roles the answer is always 2/9. @Plot yes he's town.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 96, Assemblerotws wrote:I'm starting to wonder if
Deimos
is scum for how they pushed me for what I made clear was a reference to the Book of Job, where God goes on a long diatribe that can be basically summed up as "You know nothing, Job. I am so far above you that you cannot understand a tenth of what I do." That was the purpose of my RVS vote, joking about how I was an SE and Deimos only a newbie.
If you go through my posts I didn't push your even once.
In fact it was zemaj I was questioning (see , ) because I didn't agree with him calling it OMGUS. Is that who you meant?
In post 88, Plotinus wrote:What's the point of making a big deal about something that you think is null?
To generate discussion, gain better understanding, or get reads. There are countless reasons why someone would pose questions in RVS.
You say I was making a big deal out of it, but really what happened was that you asked Clemency about his opinion on Assemble's entrance in , and then I chimed in with .
Compare that to zemaj's , which I immediately questioned him on in , to which he responded in :
Spoiler: 52
In post 52, zemaj wrote:As I understand it, SE are weighted into Newbie games to give the newbs a general idea of the flow of things, and normal progression. To that end, a SE wouldn't just pop in, post a bit of chat, then cut out without at least going through the motions, I would think. Also comes to a point when he then pops back in, and just happens to RVS for the one person who called him specifically on what was at least slightly sloppy play. This is suspect in my book, and I strongly feel that ANY suspect posts should be pressed, as quickly as is possible.

Finally, I said I disagreed with his reasoning in , though I did think it was peculiar.

So was it really
me
who made it a big deal? As far as I can tell, since that original I've only spoken of it in response to either zemaj or you.
In post 98, CheekyTeeky wrote:@Plot - why are you virtually naked voting assemble here?
^

P-Edit:

What do you base your Clemency townreads on, Cheeky & Plot?

Spoiler: Maths - Not game related
In post 101, CheekyTeeky wrote:nice Clemency but as there are 2 scum roles the answer is always 2/9
I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure Clemency is right. If I were to join two newbie games right now the chances I'd be scum in
both
is 2/9 x 2/9, or about 1/20.
If you rephrased your question in order to make it clear that the first roll happened in the past, or that you're only referring to the individual odds of one of the games, it would be 2/9.
http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/qq/databa ... matt1.html
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 102, Deimos27 wrote:P-Edit:
What do you base your Clemency townreads on, Cheeky & Plot?
Scumhunting magic. Yes Clemency is right about gambler's fallacy.
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 am

Post by XnadrojX »

The chances of rolling scum twice in a row is 1/20. The chances of someone being scum here when they've rolled scum in a previous game is 2/9.

@Plot, pls no you can townread me for literally anything else I've done but TRing me for being retarded is just.... weird. I mean , being retarded is NAI and I can (and often am) be retarded as either alignment. So are you calling my vote bad or not? Also I never implied I wanted to be excused from being scumread, I just said I'm going to ruin the game. I mean you could interpret it othwerwise I guess, but if you want to take my word for it, that was not my intention.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Assemble

96 pings me because it's inaccurate and basically a discredit. Feels like self-conscious player.
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 104, XnadrojX wrote:The chances of rolling scum twice in a row is 1/20. The chances of someone being scum here when they've rolled scum in a previous game is 2/9.

@Plot, pls no you can townread me for literally anything else I've done but TRing me for being retarded is just.... weird. I mean , being retarded is NAI and I can (and often am) be retarded as either alignment. So are you calling my vote bad or not? Also I never implied I wanted to be excused from being scumread, I just said I'm going to ruin the game. I mean you could interpret it othwerwise I guess, but if you want to take my word for it, that was not my intention.

UNVOTE:

96 pings me because it's inaccurate and basically a discredit. Feels like self-conscious player.
In what way was #96 inaccurate? and how does it discredit? He was explaining the reason for his referencing. Additionally plot explained why he saw your error as a town read I felt his reasoning was pretty clear.

Why do you say you are going to "ruin the game" but not have the intention for people to scumread you for that.....
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:51 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 105, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 104, XnadrojX wrote:The chances of rolling scum twice in a row is 1/20. The chances of someone being scum here when they've rolled scum in a previous game is 2/9.

UNVOTE:

In what way was #96 inaccurate? and how does it discredit? He was explaining the reason for his referencing. Additionally plot explained why he saw your error as a town read I felt his reasoning was pretty clear.

Why do you say you are going to "ruin the game" but not have the intention for people to scumread you for that.....
was written by Assemble, not Plot. And Xnadj is right that's it's inaccurate. Either Assemble wrote the wrong name by mistake, he's horribly misinterpreting one of my posts, or he's discrediting me for no reason. The last of which is incredibly scummy.

Assemble, your entire ISO is just 7 posts of which almost none is useful, game-advancing content.
Do you continue to have zero reads on anyone?
Are there IRL reasons you're being so inactive?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Zemaj is being replaced.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Peaches
Peaches
Townie
Peaches
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Peaches »

In post 56, Deimos27 wrote:Hello, Peaches! Nice to see everyone is starting to show up.
What do you think about Zemaj and Assemble?
I didn't like Assemble's entrance. Assemble made a post and didn't RVS. I also don't know why he didn't give an actual answer about not placing an RVS and places one when questioned about it. Not sure what to think about Zemaj's entrance.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.04Image

Deimos27 (1) CheekyTeeky
XnadrojX (2)Deimos27 , Spartan117
Assemblerotws (
3)zemaj , Plotinus, XnadrojX L-2
Plotinus (1)Peaches ,
Not Voting (2) Assemblerotws, Clemency

Day one deadline is Tuesday October 10, 6 PM PST. (expired on 2017-10-10 18:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Last edited by mhsmith0 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 108, Peaches wrote:
In post 56, Deimos27 wrote:Hello, Peaches! Nice to see everyone is starting to show up.
What do you think about Zemaj and Assemble?
I didn't like Assemble's entrance. Assemble made a post and didn't RVS. I also don't know why he didn't give an actual answer about not placing an RVS and places one when questioned about it. Not sure what to think about Zemaj's entrance.
Do you have any thoughts on anybody else so far?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 106, Deimos27 wrote:Assemble, your entire ISO is just 7 posts of which almost none is useful, game-advancing content.
Do you continue to have zero reads on anyone?
Are there IRL reasons you're being so inactive?
I'm starting to feel like Assemble is the scummiest player in this game.

I think if something were going on IRL Assemble would either be V/LA or have mentioned it already. An SE flying under the radar like that actually feels really scummy.
Just look at his ISO. It's all lurky non-content, and apart from his very first post (which was nothing but a greeting) and very latest post (which was inaccurate and right after a prod), he hasn't posted at all except when directly questioned or attacked. And even those posts haven't included anything but the necessary response. He's done zero sorting or scumhunting, apart from maybe his latest "wondering" about my nonexistent push on his RVS vote.
Zero

Recent posts from Xnadj feel pretty town, Assemble is where I want my vote.
UNVOTE:

L-1

Since the IC hasn't yet explained this:
Do
not
hammer before stating an intent to do so and asking for a claim.
Ignoring the above is equivalent to a scumclaim.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 111, Deimos27 wrote:Recent posts from Xnadj feel pretty town, Assemble is where I want my vote.
UNVOTE:

L-1

Since the IC hasn't yet explained this:
Do not hammer before stating an intent to do so and asking for a claim.
Ignoring the above is equivalent to a scumclaim.
This is happening ridiculously fast. Assemble last posted yesterday so that doesn't mean he's lurking. Noone should be hammering this early D1. We might as well use as much of the day as we can to get as much info as possible, this will make the next day phases much more productive and shift the odds of winning in town's favour. I also think it's too early for anybody to be claiming and narrowing down the PR pool in scum's favour. Assemble should not claim unless there is intent to hammer.
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

V/LA Next 3 days

I will still be posting but I'll be posting less.
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

Rolling my eyes right now. The last time I had a wagon form on me this fast was when I literally crumbed scum and got caught on it. You're seriously calling a joke about the rare literature class that actually studies the Bible as literature alignment-indicitave enough to lynch me?
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:22 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 108, Peaches wrote:I didn't like Assemble's entrance. Assemble made a post and didn't RVS. I also don't know why he didn't give an actual answer about not placing an RVS and places one when questioned about it...
In post 114, Assemblerotws wrote:Rolling my eyes right now. The last time I had a wagon form on me this fast was when I literally crumbed scum and got caught on it. You're seriously calling a joke about the rare literature class that actually studies the Bible as literature alignment-indicitave enough to lynch me?
@Assemble - have you managed to get any reads yet? I think people are struggling to see how your ISO could indicate a town role; and your entrance has been analysed quite a bit by others without you really responding to the points being made. Can you not see how it looks scummy to bypass the points about your RVS behaviour made by peaches, and to just keep repeating your "study" defense; which isn't what peaches is criticising. Post is not the first time you have inappropriately diverted the argument to irrelevant/false points, as also seen in post . At the least, some obvious pro-town behaviour would go a long way. Please give us some early indication of your reads on others if you wouldn't mind.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:52 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 112, CheekyTeeky wrote:This is happening ridiculously fast. Assemble last posted yesterday so that doesn't mean he's lurking. Noone should be hammering this early D1. We might as well use as much of the day as we can to get as much info as possible, this will make the next day phases much more productive and shift the odds of winning in town's favour. I also think it's too early for anybody to be claiming and narrowing down the PR pool in scum's favour. Assemble should not claim unless there is intent to hammer.
Agreed. We have over a week, so no hammers until then.
Assemblerotws wrote:Rolling my eyes right now. The last time I had a wagon form on me this fast was when I literally crumbed scum and got caught on it. You're seriously calling a joke about the rare literature class that actually studies the Bible as literature alignment-indicitave enough to lynch me?
You really need to specify who you're talking about. Who called your RVS vote alignment-indicative enough to lynch you? If you're referring to Peaches, they're not even voting you so I don't know why you're exaggerating it like that.
Please elaborate on also:
In post 102, Deimos27 wrote:
Assemblerotws wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Deimos is scum for how they pushed me for what I made clear was a reference to the Book of Job, where God goes on a long diatribe that can be basically summed up as "You know nothing, Job. I am so far above you that you cannot understand a tenth of what I do." That was the purpose of my RVS vote, joking about how I was an SE and Deimos only a newbie.
If you go through my posts I didn't push your 23 even once.
In fact it was zemaj I was questioning (see 39, 54) because I didn't agree with him calling it OMGUS. Is that who you meant?
In post 106, Deimos27 wrote:96 was written by Assemble, not Plot. And Xnadj is right that's it's inaccurate. Either Assemble wrote the wrong name by mistake, he's horribly misinterpreting one of my posts, or he's discrediting me for no reason. The last of which is incredibly scummy.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Plotinus »

I don't have much time today but I'll see how much I can get through.
In post 98, CheekyTeeky wrote:I've just read a game where mastina was scum and she talked about how the 1sbp claim would help scum in a goon goon set-up, this is what it feels like here; but we do have more than a few days to feel people out.
If you mean National Geographic, it was a goon-goon setup but mastina mistakenly thought it was goon-roleblocker when she wrote that post, but when she realised it was goon-goon she said that if the bp claim strategy wasn't used, then one of them could fakeclaim bp, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.

Mastina does a lot of pregame planning and advising when she's scum and I did too when I was scum IC, and I think a good scumteam will make use of their pregame discussion but a lot of people don't know how to. I don't know if you read the scum PT in Eyes in the Fog but the pregame situation there where one person was saying hi and the other wasn't even there is sad but not unusual.
Cheeky wrote:@Plot - why are you virtually naked voting assemble here? I don't like that the unsubstantiated vote feels like regression back to RVS.
I prefer not to explain my votes when I make them unless it's later in the game and I'm building a case that I want to push a lynch through. I get more out of it that way. My vote was not RVS, but a serious vote based on his lack of content and his empty cockiness with nothing to show for it.

Of the reactions to my vote/the continued discussion of assemble, yours felt fairly town, xnad's less so, deimos seemed ok, peaches, however, was encouraging the wagon without joining it (and now he's at L-1 so I'm not suggesting Peaches rectify this by hammering), so Peaches felt the least town of the reactions here.
In post 99, Clemency wrote:Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, I was at Deimos' rad birthday party.

1/9 x 1/9, but it'd be gambler's fallacy to assume someone is less likely to be scum twice when they already have been once.
you guys know each other irl? happy birthday, Deimos!

I have read page 5 but I have to get going so it'll have to wait till tomorrow. I should be around more from here on out though.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 111, Deimos27 wrote:An SE flying under the radar like that actually feels really scummy.
Speaking of SE's flying under the radar...what are people's thoughts on XnadrojX? He reminds me of Clemency in Eyes in the Fog, where Clemency tried to play the self-conscious/self-depreciating townie as scum.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 114, Assemblerotws wrote:Rolling my eyes right now.
I don't like this tone. Don't like it, don't like it, not one bit.

Perhaps a bit hypocritical coming from me, but this makes me feel like you're playing the game as someone trying to defend themselves entirely rather than somebody who wants to catch the scum and win the game. Sure, there can be town motivation in clearing your own slot as town, to help with the process of elimination, but being that condescending clears that thought from my mind. Give us your reads, if you have any.
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:09 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 117, Plotinus wrote:you guys know each other irl? happy birthday, Deimos!
We're classmates. Hope I didn't break the quote this time.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Clemency »

Also, I'll be keeping my focus on Zemaj's slot, something seemed off about it to me, but I can't fully place my finger on it yet.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 96, Assemblerotws wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Deimos is scum for how they pushed me for what I made clear was a reference to the Book of Job, where God goes on a long diatribe that can be basically summed up as "You know nothing, Job. I am so far above you that you cannot understand a tenth of what I do." That was the purpose of my RVS vote, joking about how I was an SE and Deimos only a newbie.
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. I must have had some wires crossed in my head. Zemaj, who replaced out, was the one pushing me. How does my brain even do that?
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Show
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

Thank you, everyone who pointed that out.
Show
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Clemency »

I'll keep in mind the possibility of you taking the opportunity of using that as an excuse.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”