Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 374, Mulch wrote:I feel like Assemble/Fykus might be scum just by PoE, which is crazy at this point in the game day 1
That would make Meow town probably, though.

I’m generally pretty good st reading both Assemble and Fykus when they are town, and I haven’t raised them up at all yet.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 370, Mulch wrote:Not known I expect a response from or else your just ignoring me and that means your confirmed scum :lol: :lol:
Nah, coming to that now...
1.Yeah it could be... I am less sure on that one now that I look back at it. It could be a mistake, or not.
2.I am sure that the rvs was over by then.
3. As experienced town you should normally be aware that you need to get the evils, help town play and not make yourself sus. You want to do that immediately.
4. As experienced evil you want to make yourself not sus. But as evil you might give your early play less attention on how it affects town and more on how not to get wagoned early.(That's an assumption tho, it might be wrong) I simply cannot see such a play(deprieving town of information at page 3 when you don't have a lot of info and would WANT to get more info, as town at least) coming from town.
5. I don't get why you think it is a weird number. You can always adjust by either giving town weaker roles for evils being underrepresented or by giving mafia strong roles as compensation; or you could do the reverse if you give the game more evils.
6. Awareness that there might be multiball because there are very good reasons to believe so(more than 1 unexplained kill or something like that) is good for town because the connection between some evils is missing then. On the other hand, it might also mislead town if it turns out to be incorrect. And that discussion diverts town attention from other matters. You brought up the previous game and I think you prepared that in advance. Also, it looks like you try to explain your own meta... I still suspect it, but it is not a strong read.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Mulch »

Can you answer the questions fully instead of vague one sentence answers- The red responses and subsequent questions were much more multi-faceted and complex than those responses would warrant.
Amrock#3784
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

Upon reread, the shift out of RVS was more of a gradual transition, one Pisskop entered and naked-voted Boon in the middle of. I say this because Mulch and NK15 were engaging each other somewhat seriously from what I can tell, but others were still doing RVS.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 363, Mulch wrote:
In post 358, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 354, Mulch wrote: Why is it not likely for me to forget? Why is it a wrong answer? If it IS a wrong answer (don't even know at this point) why couldn't I have made a mistake? What's my scum motivation for answeing something incorrect factually? Why can't town have brought up multiball? What makes scum more likely to do it, considering that I was aware that scum could he doing it to signal and even had a paranoia theory against someone because of it?

About 7 questions for you to answer
1. Because you said you would answer it later. People usually remember such promises.
I actually did remember, but then I thought that you had asked about Carcalilly and I decided not to repeat myself because I had answered that so many times. I didn't realize you were talking about Pisskop. Would you mind linking me some games you've seen when you've seen town remember these types of promises? Another thing- what would I have had to gain from not answering them purposefully as scum? I gave an answer; I could have easily said this as scum as well, right? What would be my motiviation for waiting when I could just answer easily then?

Well, if you did remember that promise and just forgot that my question was about someone else it does make sense, and I could see you doing that. The gain to not answer something as scum is clear enough: If you cannot answer it in a manner that makes you not sus you can hope that the people forget these questions amongst other things that happen. But no, every decent player should remember their promises.

2.Because the random voting stage was obviously over at that point the post was made.

I can't be arsed to go back and actually check, but I don't actually remember this being the case...at least not "obviously"

Check.

3.Mistakes like that are possible, but not likely. Because if you are town and actually defend someone from a perfectly valid question for some dumb reason(which is suspect in itself) then you would at least make sure that your answer is likely correct and believable. As Evil you probably didn't see how bad your reaction was because you had the wrong perspective, the evil perspective
Don't you think that it's actually scum who would make sure the answer is correct and believable? Why would I as town care so much about how my answers were perceived that I would want to polish it to make it correct and believable? Why would I have a different perspective as scum?
Take me through this situation from my point of view. As scum!Mulch you think I would have a different perspective- but didn't you just say that the problem was that I answered it incorrectly factually? What exactly "perspective" could I have had that could have meant I would answer a fact correctly as town but not as scum?

As town you have a hunting mindset. You will notice that an answer by the asked himself would give you more info than you answering it with your assumption, so you wait. As scum you don't have that mindset - you only try to mimic it. Yes scum likes to make their posts correct and believable. But Town will always know that they deprieve themselves and others from info gained by the question. Especially you should be expected to do that because you yourself say that you try to look as town both as town and evil. Which is not bad- if you look evil you will likely get shot or mislynched, which is not good.

4.I don't think that you intended it to be incorrect. You probably just wanted to be seen as town for it. But no good town would have made such a questionable move. Townies are usually suspicious of each other, but even more, townies usually don't feel the pressure to answer questions directed at others because these answers would give them far more reads than shutting the discussion down like this. It just HARMS town.
Why would I be seen as town from this? I would like you to:
link me games where you have seen townies never answer questions directed at other people
. Note that I think that this is fully NAI and probably one of your worst points. I would also like to say that townies harm town all the time unintentionally. There is a difference between anti-town and scum. I may be "evil" in the sense I did something that is minisculally worse for the town than if I had not spoken and answered for Pisskop, but there is no way for you to judge that I did this intentionally as scum or unintentionally as town.
Under your logic, every town person who contributes to a mislynch inadvertently is "evil."

Like I said before, answering questions for others directed at their motivation for something is something that won't come from a hunting mindset. Granted, it can come from town who don't really care but you don't seem to be one.

5.There is no reason to suspect multiball at day 1 for town at all(unless you are somehow an informed townie who knows there is multiball). And as a reaction test from town it is rather poor- every evil with a brain will know that this is an obvious trap by townies; there is no other usual explanation for this.
All it did was generating useless posts.
18 players is a weird number for 4 mafia (too much mafia) and 3 mafia (too little). I would imagine that their is either a third party, a traitor, or it's multiball (14-2-2 or 12-3-3). I want to know why you think TOWN, who actually have LESS knowledge about the game than scum do, would not be curious about the particulars of the setup? I also would like to know this. You say that it was a bad reaction test from me. However, you yourself think that I am scum possibly signalling for doing this. Dosen't this mean that others could? And that I could catch them if they could signal back? Why do you think you are the only one who thinks I could be scum signalling this?

I don't even try to determine the scum setup on day 1. It will most likely lead you off the track anyways. Too little info, simple. And no, you can balance setups by altering power role distribution as well. Unfortunately, it is the first one to bring it up that gets sus. Because most people like talking about the setup. Because you cause absolutely unnecessary discussion that can, with the little info we have, not lead anywhere productive... Yes you COULD be town for this, but then bad town.

6.Well,I think you did it because you thought that other people would think that you would not do it as evil...

I see where you are coming from. By saying "I don't know the setup", you are basically saying "i am town." However, this has been discussed extensively- I am LAMIST as town and as scum. It's part of my playstyle. You could also use this reasoning to scumread almost every single post in the game... saying that they are "trying to fit in". That's a one size fit all reasoning that is technically correct beacuse that is scum's main point but in practice not something you can actually use because there
is no truly discernible difference between town being town and scum trying to be town, unless you get behind their mindset and see if they REALLY could/likely did not think what they are thinking. And I have clearly explained my mindset on why I thought it could be multiball.
Ok, that post might have been a bit biased by the fact that there is other info about you being bad. Despite this, if that is your playstyle, then it means that it cannot be a townread, however hard you try it.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 378, Assemblerotws wrote:Upon reread, the shift out of RVS was more of a gradual transition, one Pisskop entered and naked-voted Boon in the middle of. I say this because Mulch and NK15 were engaging each other somewhat seriously from what I can tell, but others were still doing RVS.
RandomVotingStage is over when someone starts to read off behaviour instead of randomly voting. At the point where it is clear that there is serious voting going on then there is no longer any justification to vote randomly instead of joining the discussion.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:54 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 372, Mulch wrote:Right. But I want him to admit he's wrong
has that ever happened on the internet lol
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 am

Post by mozamis »

we could just lynch this...
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:56 am

Post by acidphoenix »

nah
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:03 am

Post by acidphoenix »

ah the ol last post in the thread is someone popping in to say "nah" after earlier popin to say "hi!"
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 378, Assemblerotws wrote:Upon reread, the shift out of RVS was more of a gradual transition, one Pisskop entered and naked-voted Boon in the middle of. I say this because Mulch and NK15 were engaging each other somewhat seriously from what I can tell, but others were still doing RVS.
I don’t believe that’s where it shifted. I hadn’t really posted besides my initial post in rvs, and I would personally say RVS ended when Meow hopped on my rvs wagon.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:05 am

Post by wavemode »

acidphoenix do you think Mulch is scum
retired...?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am

Post by acidphoenix »

not rly
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am

Post by wavemode »

What is your avatar a picture of
retired...?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:07 am

Post by acidphoenix »

i googled "elf noble" or something for a dnd game

tada!
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:08 am

Post by wavemode »

acid is a good vig shot

VOTE: Kamina
retired...?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:11 am

Post by acidphoenix »

nah

good vig shot = scum

my activity is about indicative of how good my grasp on who that is though

probably it's either
a. sheeping mulch is a decent path to victory
b. i'm wrong and mulch is scum
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am

Post by acidphoenix »

(this is based on: mulch's earlier townreads

not mulch being mulch)
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Mulch »

:(

I'm not a good player?

:(
Amrock#3784
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 am

Post by acidphoenix »

i never said that amrock

although if this was two months ago i'd believe it

like lolttyd(of course also lolvillage

and lolme)
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 392, acidphoenix wrote:
not
mulch being mulch)
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Mulch »

Not known I want you to mull over this stuff; I might continue this debate tomorrow but I definitely need at least a break from it today. I think it's probably annoying to everyone but me and you, and I get the feeling that nothing I am going to say is going to convince you anyway. But yeah in any case I really don't have the willpower to spend more and more time on this, at least right now.
Amrock#3784
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am

Post by acidphoenix »

i consider lots of people good players

doesn't mean i'd go into the thread and just say to follow their reads based on their name
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am

Post by acidphoenix »

even post-thinking they were town
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum