Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

Chickadee is our resident votelocker.

Vote chickadee.

2, sorry I was so vile against you yesterday.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1541, Porkens wrote:For having 0 votes on me at the end of day one, I was given a 1-shot Roleblock ability. I used it on Chickadee. There was no nightkill.
A lot of us didn't have any votes at the end of day one.

VOTE: Porkens

For what should be exceptionally obvious reasons. If the claim results in a flipped scum, I will discontinue, but this will be a policy placement each day from me until then.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

I honestly don't care as long as you don't screw up the chickadee lynch.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

I actually do care though, why would you do that? You refuse to even weigh in on the chickadee/Dan counterwagons at all and instead do this. I think I know what you are getting at but if actually suspected me, then at least make your case instead of just setting up false binaries.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by The Betting Pool »

Vote Count 2.05:

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch!

morph the cat (L-7):
Porkens (L-6): Drixx
Chickadee (L-2): ActionDan, Something_Smart, TwoInAMillion, Porkens, gerryoat
Dunnstral (L-7):
ActionDan (L-3): WhyMafia,
Meeple
(locked)
, morph the cat, Chickadee
TwoInAMillion (L-7):
gerryoat (L-7):
Creature (L-7):
Drixx (L-7):
WhyMafia (L-7):
Something_Smart (L-7):
randomidget (L-7):

Not voting: Creature, randomidget, Dunnstral

V/LA:

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-10-18 17:15:04)

The almighty combination of the penguin and the bunny. We will rule you!

...a hydra of Lucky2u and penguin_alien.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

See, even the mod can't believe you voted for me.

shhh.... you saw nothing
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1551, Drixx wrote:
In post 1541, Porkens wrote:For having 0 votes on me at the end of day one, I was given a 1-shot Roleblock ability. I used it on Chickadee. There was no nightkill.

For what should be exceptionally obvious reasons. If the claim results in a flipped scum, I will discontinue, but this will be a policy placement each day from me until then.
You're assuming this is a mechanics thing and not a role thing. Why?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1521, Porkens wrote:Morph, Gerry, Why, and someone who wants more townpoints, please lynch Chickadee. It is the most reasonable course of action.

With no offence to Morph, unless you think the scum nokilled, this is the simplest explanation. Giving her powers doesn't feel good to me. Lynching someone whose posts are scummy versus someone whose mechanically obvscum is not ok,
especially since she gets powers tonight

Please join me in lynching Chickadee.
I do not get powers tonight. My vote counter has to get to 10.

I think that puts my counter at 3.
UNVOTE:

VOTE: Action Dan
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1553, Porkens wrote:I actually do care though, why would you do that? You refuse to even weigh in on the chickadee/Dan counterwagons at all and instead do this. I think I know what you are getting at but if actually suspected me, then at least make your case instead of just setting up false binaries.
There are two possibilities. The first is that the game setup includes some 1-shot power awarded to someone upon some condition. You specified the exact condition. That leads the obvious second possibility which is that your role gives you 1-shot abilities (by choice or in some order or whatever) under certain circumstances (one of which would be having no votes on you at the end of the day, per your explanation).

You got a roleblock. Roleblocking is
generally, IN MY EXPERIENCE
more frequently given to scum than town. That makes me wary. You also haven't pushed your result as hard as I would expect. It's the
ONLY
explanation put forward for the lack of night kill (other than speculation that scum decided not to kill). The fact that you haven't pushed so hard would likely result in you not being lynched should your "maybe guilty" flip town. It's exactly the play for scum to make (or fake) if their kill fails and nobody comes forward with any reason why.

I think that's a sufficient explanation of the risks you pose and why doing something to mitigate that risk seems prudent.
In post 1556, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1551, Drixx wrote:

You're assuming this is a mechanics thing and not a role thing. Why?
There's no implied assumption it's a mechanics thing and not a role thing. It is the lower probability possibility, by far. It's almost certainly a role thing, or else why would voting him do anything? If I believed it was a mechanics thing, then I would have to assume some unknown factor that decided Porkens got the reward for not having a vote, or perhaps there's a different mechanic hidden in play every day or ... {insert endless amounts of speculation since one claimed data point isn't enough to actually know}.

So no ... I'm not assuming it's a mechanics thing.

So here's the rub I've got with your post Morph. I believe town would have said "Why are you assuming it's a mechanics thing?" or "Are you assuming it's a mechanics thing?" -- Instead you chose to assign a belief to me which I did not express, and then pose a question which rests upon the premise that your statement of my belief is correct. A town you has no way to know from my earlier post what I am reasoning about the situation, nor should a town you have any motive to try and put words in my mouth and set up a narrative.

A scum you? A scum you really wants to put me in a specific box you control. If not for what you did yesterday, you would be a scum read now as I find manipulation of posts to try and misrepresent players to be something scum do much more frequently than town. You're still a paranoia/LYLO possibility because busing.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Drixx »

Oh ... and the obvious move here is to lynch the person we have a reason to believe may have been blocked from killing. I mean ... that's so self evident I'm not sure why anyone expected me to comment on it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

So why aren't you voting for that person?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1558, Drixx wrote:It's exactly the play for scum to make (or fake) if their kill fails and nobody comes forward with any reason why.
no

what if Chickadee had had an action?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

Now that was something smart!

:nerd:

I see what you are saying though Drix. I am fine with having any number of votes on me at days end from here on out.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1547, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1525, gerryoat wrote:also if you have action that low, why not just lynch them today?
What does "action that low" mean?
actiondan
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ahhhh your phone is like mine.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

This is an M Night Shamamalan thread, though, so watch out. There might be...
a happening
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1560, Porkens wrote:So why aren't you voting for that person?
Until I'm sure of you, I'm assuming you are telling the truth about getting the roleblock and why, and making a further assumption about the reason it happened, and voting in a way that seems prudent to me.
In post 1561, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1558, Drixx wrote:It's exactly the play for scum to make (or fake) if their kill fails and nobody comes forward with any reason why.
no

what if Chickadee had had an action?
So that moves a fake claim to a less probable position, but still leaves a real role block usage on the table. Like ... scum get roleblock way more often than town, and scum try to tell the truth as much as possible. He could easily have been watched or tracked and thus it seems the MOST likely possibility is that the roleblock claim is true. The question is whether that is why we had no death.

With nobody else stepping forward (and they should if they know why and could exonerate Chickadee and put that slot into probtown bordering on conftown status), the most likely possibilities (with all others being exceptionally less likely) are:

1.) Pork blocked the kill attempt and Chick is scum.
2.) Pork blocked Chick and but Pork is scum and claimed the roleblock to get Chick lynched with a possible side effect of outing an important role (although I would still argue making another player conftown is strong utility, and the ways someone might have stopped a kill are necessarily limited to things that very rarely stop MORE than one kill in a game this size, so them telling us forces scum to kill them AND chick, if that were the case).
2.) Some other effect or mechanic blocked the kill (or the scum didn't submit) and we have a false positive.

Edge cases set aside, I think that the first possibility I listed is almost certainly the actual reality we're playing in. But I tend to be pretty thorough in trying to think through possibilities, so feel free to engage with it. Did I make a mistake logically in there somewhere? Did I miss something important I should be accounting for? Like ... doesn't everyone make notes and try to see what they can figure out with known info? I have a dedicated white board for mafia games ;p
In post 1562, Porkens wrote:Now that was something smart!

:nerd:

I see what you are saying though Drix. I am fine with having any number of votes on me at days end from here on out.
I mean ... either you don't care because I've assigned the highest probability of what happened to the wrong possibility, or ... I'm confused. I would expect you to be irritated if what I'm doing is locking you from gaining powers. As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't elaborate until if/when we get to time to mass claim. Additionally, I think we should lynch Chick. A scum flip there basically puts you nearly conftown (edge case busing), and at that point I'd view anyone voting you to (presumably) stop you getting 1-shots as scum claiming.

But for now, please understand it's not personal. There is enough reason to question/doubt to treat you carefully for now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

Your list is like, totally missing the possibility that we are both town.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

or, oh ok its there in the second number 2, sorry.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by Drixx »

Yeah I should have put that parenthetical statement as a separate point to make it clear. I would have expected anyone with that kind of info to realize they should come forward by now though.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

You would think, right?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

I mean, I keep hearing the EM people screaming "HES TRYING TO OUT THE DOC"
But I don't think a doc would be dumb enough to out here, ever (unless he needed to NOT IN THIS CASE).
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1571, Porkens wrote:I mean, I keep hearing the EM people screaming "HES TRYING TO OUT THE DOC"
But I don't think a doc would be dumb enough to out here, ever (unless he needed to NOT IN THIS CASE).
(the EM people are voices in my head, btw.)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

Who is your highest townread, Drix?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:15 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 1452, morph the cat wrote:randomidget, where did you go?
irl is kinda fucking me up atm. come tuesday i think i should be ok though. really sorry.

intent to put chickadee at L-1. RB guilty + i saw what i expected from scum her in relation to Green Haired Upick - lots of easy, low substance reads being thrown out and lack of confrontation.
Dan is kinda meh to town tbh, could see him as town with the confidence in his posts, and I don't think scum busses that hard after how badly it went wrong day 1.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”