Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 823, Chip Butty wrote:That's a false dichotomy
Why is this become more and more of a misused buzzword???

Dichtonomy: Something that has to be either A or B.

False: When you PRESENT that it has to be either A or B, but could be something in between. Now that I think about it, your "two meta choices" for me was actually a false dichtonomy. Not people saying "you said this person could be scum with someone, is that an accusation that it is"
Amrock#3784
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 821, Mulch wrote:You said those on the wagon are scummy and those off the wagon are scummy :lol: :lol:
We all know scum can be on or off the wagon. I'm pointing to people who stand out in some way. Note that CK LAMISTly points to his noninvolvement in the DW lynch.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 823, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 818, Realeo wrote:Is that an official accusation of "CK is scum with Realeo or Mulch" or just saying it for the sake of saying it?

Let's avoid semantic fight again.
It's neither. That's a false dichotomy. Reread the post. I say it can be either A or B. Obviously that's not an accusation.

It is something to consider.
No, i used the term correctly. The false dichotomy: accusation or just for the sake of it. Third option: neither, just something to consider. You presented the available choicesas A and B but it was C.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 823, Chip Butty wrote:It is something to consider.
So you are saying for the sake of saying it, then.
In post 824, Mulch wrote:
In post 822, Realeo wrote:
In post 819, Mulch wrote:NO I didn't. I was confident, not this confident. Although, I'm less confident now, I kinda unfortuantely like his last responses
Let's talk about Assembrelowts, shall we? Do you buy his "testing for reaction"?
Where
Here.
In post 744, Assemblerotws wrote:VOTE: Una
That theory about Game being killed for his reads? Una was his strongest scumread, and my own reread also left me feeling Una is scum.
Also, the reason I was willing to join the flashwagon against Duckworth was to see how his flip would look for the people who started the flashwagon. Didn't get much out of it, though.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

LOL i thought i was replying to Realeo but it was Mulch who accused me of misusing the term. On my phone, i have to scroll acrosd to see avatars.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 828, Realeo wrote:
In post 823, Chip Butty wrote:It is something to consider.
So you are saying for the sake of saying it, then.
WTF? Do you not understand the phrase 'something to consider'? It means i said it because i want people to think about it, not 'for the sake of it'? Do you understand what 'for the sake of it' means?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 830, Chip Butty wrote:It means i said it because i want people to think about it
So you are fishing for a conclusion from other players. When someone fish a conclusion, they usually want to compare others conclusion with theirs. Just like me,
sanity checking

So that's why I asked "Do you officially accuse him?" to see if that's the conclusion. I don't reach that conclusion, so I want to know how you reach if there is one.

You say no, so I don't know your conclusion.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

I don't...have...a...conclusion. If i...did...I would...state it.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Realeo »

To follow ChipButty's productive action, I am going to do the same.

I think it's possible for Assemblerotws to be scum
I think it's possible for Chip Butty to be scum
I think it's possible for ironstove to be scum
I think it's possible for Luca Blight to be scum
I think it's possible for Mulch to be scum
I think it's posible for Alchemist21 to be scum
I think it's possible for grapes to be scum
I think it's possible for CommKnight to be scum
I think it's possible UnaBombaH to be scum.

This is not an accusation of any of them is scum. This is not saying it for the sake of saying it. I wish to get people's opinion on what you think I said on it.
This is not an information, this is an analysis since it has no philosophy on it.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Can you just address the actual points I raised, now that we have had the inevitable semantic discussion?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 827, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 818, Realeo wrote:Is that an official accusation of "CK is scum with Realeo or Mulch" or just saying it for the sake of saying it?

It's neither. That's a false dichotomy. Reread the post. I say it can be either A or B. Obviously that's not an accusation.

No, i used the term correctly. The false dichotomy: accusation or just for the sake of it. Third option: neither, just something to consider. You presented the available choicesas A and B but it was C.
That means you are accusing me in a subtle way you know...
Amrock#3784
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 817, Chip Butty wrote:I just had 2 thoughts re the vig pool.

1. CK suggested, reasonably enough, the DW wagon as the vig pool but has resisted the addition of Mulch and Realeo. This could be for his stated reason (pool gets too big) OR it could be because he is scum and he knows one or both of those two are scum.
Realeo, if you are town, please stip fucking around and give us your thoughts on options 1 and 2 here...
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 835, Mulch wrote:
In post 827, Chip Butty wrote:

That means you are accusing me in a subtle way you know...
In post 829, Chip Butty wrote:LOL i thought i was replying to Realeo but it was Mulch who accused me of misusing the term. On my phone, i have to scroll acrosd to see avatars.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 834, Chip Butty wrote:Can you just address the actual points I raised, now that we have had the inevitable semantic discussion?
My issue is I don't know what you are telling me to think about.

Like, you tell me to consider CK+Realeo/Mulch. Ok, why do I have to think it's more likely? Is CK+Realeo/Mulch is a very probably scum partner that I have to give more attention? If yes, why are you voting Una instead.

So you say we should shoot people outside of the lynch zone..which is CK. Do you think CK is likely to be scum? Why? Who is scummier, CK or Una?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Realeo »

I mean, assume that I am the vig. I'm devastated that I shot a town. I need input.

CB: You should consider CK.

Interesting input, CB. Why should I shoot CK?

CB: Just consider it.

Ok. How do I consider it? Is there "a strike against" CK like there are 2 strikes against Mulch and Luca.

CB: Not really

So why are you telling me to?

CB: Because you have to?

Do you think I can't think? Thank you for telling to.

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 838, Realeo wrote:
In post 834, Chip Butty wrote:Can you just address the actual points I raised, now that we have had the inevitable semantic discussion?
My issue is I don't know what you are telling me to think about.

Like, you tell me to consider CK+Realeo/Mulch. Ok, why do I have to think it's more likely? Is CK+Realeo/Mulch is a very probably scum partner that I have to give more attention? If yes, why are you voting Una instead.

So you say we should shoot people outside of the lynch zone..which is CK. Do you think rCK is likely to be scum? Why? Who is scummier, CK or Una?

You're mistakenly conflating two distinct things. Una is the lynch. Here we are talking about the vig pool.

:facepalm:
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Realeo »

So why CK should be shot?

Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

@Realeo: It's a possibility that could be overlooked. Pointing to it as a possibility to consider is a PSA. Why are you resisting it so hard?
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Honestly this is why Realeo isn't being considered for this pool. Because he's calling CB out on his shit. Definitely not scum buddies this game those two. So if one flips scum, the other is town.

Also I love how CB is trying to point to me and act like I'm saying it's only me that shouldn't be in the pool when he's the one trying to add more people to it.

Realeo
ironstove
Mulch
CommKnight
UnaBombaH

^ Just gonna point out this is all the people currently alive that didn't vote for Duck. I even put ironstove on the pool and that's because he's done fuck all.

Mulch and Realeo are really the two I'm not looking at and I still think Alchemist is probably not scum yet. Would need something more damning on him to make me think otherwise.

Hell, I'm not even considering Assemble either.

But hey, my pool is the pool with everyone but me.

Hey CB, do us a favour. Either case me as scum or shut up about it man. We're trying to actually limit the pool to find scum, not keep it as "IT CAN BE ANYONE OF US!!!!" Like let's just go sit down in a dark basement and play some CLUE.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 841, Realeo wrote:So why CK should be shot?
Not as strong as that but i think he should be in the pool. I am suspicious of his attempt to define the pool in such a way as to exclude himself from it, even though I acknowledge there is some justification for it.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 842, Chip Butty wrote:@Realeo: It's a possibility that could be overlooked. Pointing to it as a possibility to consider is a PSA. Why are you resisting it so hard?
I'm not resisting.

I simply have no opinion on your statement.

As an act of good faith, instead of just saying "I don't know," I try to be proactive and look if you may have some insight so I can make opinion on your insight.
Chip Butty wrote:
In post 841, Realeo wrote:So why CK should be shot?
Not as strong as that but i think he should be in the pool. I am suspicious of his attempt to define the pool in such a way as to exclude himself from it, even though I acknowledge there is some justification for it.
Now we're talking. Thank you.

I don't think excluding himself is scummy. I find that equal to people making a readlist and put him in a conf town because "I know my role pm"

It's cringeworthy, indeed.

CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 845, Realeo wrote: It's cringeworthy, indeed.
Is it really though? If we were making a pool of 3 locked. Would you really even consider me in the top 3 choices to shoot? Let's not kid ourselves here. I am trying to make the pool list because I'm not really on anyone's top 3 for any pool list to shoot into. So until someone wants to come forward and case me as scummy to put me in the top 3, I do not see a single problem with leaving myself out of it. On top of that, CB has had a problem with anything I suggest that might point to him or a potential buddy. But until he presents an actual case as to not follow what I suggest, it's basically trying jump into the ocean and hoping to make a tsunami.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by Mulch »

Theoretically if Chip and Una were scum together, do you think they would bus here?
Amrock#3784
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 843, CommKnight wrote:
Yeah, let's break this down...

Realeo
Approved the DW lynch but you refuse to include him in your pool.

ironstove
Didn't vote but said he'd hammer anyone he was told to. He DOES get added to to your pool.

Mulch
Said he would hammer DW but you won't include him in your pool.

CommKnight
You.

UnaBombaH
The lynch, so not a contender for the vig pool.

^ Just gonna point out this is all the people currently alive that didn't vote for Duck. I even put ironstove on the pool and that's because he's done fuck all.
So you are tailoring the pool quite a bit. And one interpretation is that you are scum with one or both of Realeo and Mulch.

Correct response: "Interesting, Chip, but I don't see it being the a tual case".

Incorrect responses: Aggression, obfuscation over semantics.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 847, Mulch wrote:Theoretically if Chip and Una were scum together, do you think they would bus here?
After being on Una before Duck and also rating the chances of Ice/Una being T/T as very low, scum.me would totally bus Una.

Return to “Completed Open Games”