Newbie 1828: Utopia! - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Newbie 1828: Utopia! - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:17 am

Post by fferyllt »

Newbie 1828 - Utopia!

Moderator: fferyllt

Utopias are as much a philosophical concept as a fictional setting. Though not as popular among fiction-writers and artists as her sibling, Dystopia, designing a Utopia is a compelling and thought-provoking project. This game is dedicated to some of those projects throughout history. The flavor is purely for your (and my!) enjoyment and has no effect whatsoever on the Matrix 6 newbie game setup and rules.

Player List (9)

Inferno390

Nauci
AToxicDravenMain

GuiltyLion
darrenwoodward10

UnaBombaH
penguin_alien,
Noodle

northsidegal

Gorny (SE)

Aristophanes1 (SE)
schadd_

acidphoenix (SE)

Porkens (IC)

1Replaced during Pregame
bold
- confirmed

Spoiler: Alive
Nauci
GuiltyLion
northsidegal
Aristophanes
acidphoenix
Porkens

Spoiler: Dead
Gorny,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on
Inferno390,
Town Tracker
, was killed on
UnaBombaH,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched on

Spoiler: Modkilled
Let's not go there

Spoiler: Vote Counter Settings
Living PlayersNauci (replaces AToxicDravenMain)
GuiltyLion (replaces GL; gl; darrenwoodward10)
northsidegal
Aristophanes
acidphoenix (replaces acid)
Porkens

Links

Last edited by fferyllt on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

Newbie Setup

Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. For example Row 1 (1 jailkeeper, 1 vanilla townie, 1 mafia goon) would add an additional 5 vanilla townies and 1 mafia goon, for a total setup of 1 jailkeeper, 6 vanilla townies, and 2 mafia goons.

*Roleblocker will take precedence over jailkeeper when resolving night actions should that apply.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof TownieWelcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during Pregame, and during Night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during Pregame, and during Night phases.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.
r

The game thread is here.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

Rules:

In-Game Behavior

Site Rules are in effect. Please familiarize yourself and adhere to them.

2. Posts consisting purely of insults without game content are not tolerated. I penalize such posts with a strike. Three strikes and you're out. Severe issues will be reported to the listmods.

3. Claiming scum is allowed. Claiming scum with another player (whether as a joke or not) will result in severe consequences for you, and consequences for your team.

4. Loophole abuse is not tolerated.

5. Have fun! The Mafiascum community is irrascible and grumpy at times, but there are a lot of great people who play, discuss mafia game theory and practice, and discuss life, the universe and everything, too. During and after this game, please take a look around the site and get to know us. I think you'll like what you see.

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded in the form
Vote: Player
- bold tags

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
or

VOTE: Player vote tags

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]

or else they will not be counted. Unvotes are not required to change your vote, but they are helpful. Please note: I'm using an automated vote counter.
If you don't use the vote tags, be sure to add a colon after the word "Vote".

2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted. Please note: the vote counting application may be more finicky about nicknames than I am. If you notice that your vote hasn't been recorded, please let me know.

3. Lynches require a majority of votes: (number of living players/2) +1, rounded down.

4. If there's no majority at deadline, there's no lynch.

5. When the hammer vote is cast, all players, including the lynched may talk freely until the final vote count and lynched player's card-flip have been posted. I will lock the game thread at that time.

6. When you are hammered, on the following day, you may make a "bah" post with no game-relevant information. Nothing more.

7. Deadlines are set at two weeks and extensions will only be given in the most extreme of circumstances.

Prods and Replacements:

1. Prods will be given if you do not post in
48 hours

2. You will be replaced if you either do not respond to a prod, or need to be prodded more than 3 times total. You may request for a player to be prodded at any time, but the less you request, the happier your mod is. Prods requested when a player has been absent for less than 48 hours do not count for replacement purposes.

3. If you're V/LA (vacation/limited access), make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, I suggest requesting replacement, but that's not required. If a lengthy V/LA is adversely affecting the game (e.g., if you are not able to post minimally during that time), then your mod may replace you.without penalty.

Misc.

1. Dark Blue (#004080) is the color I will use for mod posts. Please don’t use this color or otherwise try to make your posts look like mod posts.

2. You can talk about the game in the private threads given to you via PM, assuming you were given one. Otherwise, please refrain from talking about this game outside of this thread, and don't talk about other games inside of this game. This is a sitewide rule. See announcement here.

3. No editing, deleting, using invisible texts, write in code, etc...

4. Don't quote or talk about any mod-recieved PMs. Your flavor is for you to enjoy and you only until the end of the game.

5. I make mistakes. If you notice I make one, please let me know.

6. Questions are vastly preferable to Modkills. If you're thinking about to do something that you're unsure is within the letter or spirit of these rules and the game of mafia, then tell me about it first.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

Post by fferyllt »

Role PMs are going out now
. Please confirm that you have read and understood your role PM by replying to it with your alignment in this game. Once 8 of 9 players have confirmed, the game will start.

I will update this post as we progress through the pre-game phase.

Role PM's have gone out.

7 of 9 players have confirmed.

24 hours have elapsed since the role PMs were sent. Newbie Queue rules give players up to 72 hours to confirm before they are replaced. The game will start when we get at least one more confirmation. Apologies for the unavoidable delay.

Time remaining: (expired on 2017-10-11 13:35:41)

We now have 8 confirmations, so the game will start momentarily!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-1
Day 1 Begins!

Plato put forth his plan for a Utopian society in his treatise,
Republic
. The order and character of the just city-state and the just man were the subject of his
Republic

Not Voting
(9): Noodle, Inferno390, acidphoenix, AToxicDravenMain, Aristophanes, Gorny, northsidegal, Porkens, darrenwoodward10

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: October 25, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-10-24 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- AToxicDravenMain has (expired on 2017-10-11 13:35:41) in which to post before I must seek a replacement.
- :]

Idic
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VOTE: Accountant

(This one's for the oldies like me :P)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Gorny »

First!

Lets get this game and the RVS started!

VOTE: darrenwoodward10

DAMN YOU ARISTOPHANES!!! lol
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 6, Gorny wrote:DAMN YOU ARISTOPHANES!!! lol
My finest moment :P

Hi Gorny!
Do you know anyone here? :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hey everyone! there's a few faces i recognize in here from games i've read or played in, but there's also some people i don't really know.

VOTE: aristophanes for a joke the rest of us don't get!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8, northsidegal wrote:hey everyone! there's a few faces i recognize in here from games i've read or played in, but there's also some people i don't really know.

VOTE: aristophanes for a joke the rest of us don't get!
Teehee I probably deserve that :P

I've seen you around I think. amirite?
I remember the kitty!
- Jingle
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Gorny »

More serious:

I'm Gorny, one of your SE Players. While I'm not the IC, I want to offer up a few points for newer people here:

Some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid (Like fell into early on)...Don't PM other players in the game(s) you are playing, even if it's innocent. It very well could cause both your slot and the slot of the player you sent a PM to to be compromised, causing both of you to be force replaced. Yes, I did this one time and learned my lesson. Secondly, once dead you will have access to the dead thread. We all watch the games as they are in progress. If someone posts something
in game
that you want to react to or comment on or laugh at for whatever reason...Don't hit the reply button so that you can copy and paste whatever it is and then paste it in the dead thread, there's too much of a chance that you will accidentally post in the game after you are dead...causing a problem. Yes, I did this one time as well and learned from it.
instead do this:
Click the PM button on the left there, right under the person's avatar. This will generate a quote of the post in PM format. Cut and paste that into the dead thread instead with whatever comment you have in mind.

Good luck to all.

P Edit @Aristophanes, yes. I know Noodle. He's from my home site. He is his own character, has played mafia before (never here so he's new to the way things work here). I'll let him speak for himself but I will say that regardless of if he's Scum!Noodle or Town!Noodle... Noodle is Noodle. His mind works in his own way.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Cool, thanks Gorny!

I also am an SE, so ask me things (inthread) if you need any help! I won't lit about theory to advance my own wincon, I promise! ;)
- Jingle
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 10, Gorny wrote:More serious:

I'm Gorny, one of your SE Players. While I'm not the IC, I want to offer up a few points for newer people here:

Some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid (Like I fell into early on)...Don't PM other players in the game(s) you are playing, even if it's innocent. It very well could cause both your slot and the slot of the player you sent a PM to to be compromised, causing both of you to be force replaced. Yes, I did this one time and learned my lesson. Secondly, once dead you will have access to the dead thread. We all watch the games as they are in progress. If someone posts something
in game
that you want to react to or comment on or laugh at for whatever reason...Don't hit the reply button so that you can copy and paste whatever it is and then paste it in the dead thread, there's too much of a chance that you will accidentally post in the game after you are dead...causing a problem. Yes, I did this one time as well and learned from it.
instead do this:
Click the PM button on the left there, right under the person's avatar. This will generate a quote of the post in PM format. Cut and paste that into the dead thread instead with whatever comment you have in mind.

Good luck to all.

P Edit @Aristophanes, yes. I know Noodle. He's from my home site. He is his own character, has played mafia before (never here so he's new to the way things work here). I'll let him speak for himself but I will say that regardless of if he's Scum!Noodle or Town!Noodle... Noodle is Noodle. His mind works in his own way.
Fixed, changed to "Like I fell into early on"
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hmmm???
- Jingle
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 13, Aristophanes wrote:Hmmm???

Me?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 12, Gorny wrote:
In post 10, Gorny wrote:More serious:

Some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
(Like I fell into early on)
...Don't PM other players in the game(s) you are playing, even if it's innocent. It very well could cause both your slot and the slot of the player you sent a PM to to be compromised, causing both of you to be force replaced. Yes, I did this one time and learned my lesson. Secondly, once dead you will have access to the dead thread. We all watch the games as they are in progress. If someone posts something
in game
instead do this:

Good luck to all.

Fixed, changed to "Like I fell into early on"
I changed what's in color there.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Lol okay!

No need to quote it to add a small grammatical fix, but thanks :P
- Jingle
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by darrenwoodward10 »

Hi everyone! I'm hyped to play this game with you all!
VOTE: AToxicDravenMain because he's taking so damn long to confirm.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Gorny »

Welcome!
Is that fucking batman?: Zachstralkita
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

VOTE: aristophanes
yeee
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Inferno390 »

VOTE: acidphoenix
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:20 am

Post by acidphoenix »

nein
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Porkens »

Good morning everyone! I see you have already started RVS, so please don't let me stop you.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
vote: inferno390
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Porkens!!!
You and I are the only pre-2017ers here! :O

Hey Acid!
Why vote me instead of starting your own wagon?

DW, what is the point of voting the person who has not yet confirmed? I see none.
- Jingle
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 21, acidphoenix wrote:nein
What's that supposed to mean?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”