Micro 745: Beyond Death [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Cabd »

I will say that given the setup; claims don't mean almost anything, in that the "doctor" role should probably be rolling a dice between their townreads including themselves to protect; if outed.

Everyone except the doc will claim VT regardless. If scum trades one for one it becomes a bit harder but it's still not a high-EV play imo.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 124, Sobolev Space wrote:what do you think about the pressure on you from kawso + hopkirk + cheeky, north?
i'm interested in cheeky's reasoning, kawso's vote seemed questionable and that slot hasn't contributed much and hopkirk might have misunderstood my point but still might be voting me anyways. i'll admit that it was poor play to vote micc like i did but i'm not sure the other reactions are warranted. of course, that could just be my failure to see things from other people's point of view.
In post 125, Cabd wrote:I will say that given the setup; claims don't mean almost anything, in that the "doctor" role should probably be rolling a dice between their townreads including themselves to protect; if outed.

Everyone except the doc will claim VT regardless. If scum trades one for one it becomes a bit harder but it's still not a high-EV play imo.
is this responding to a speficic post?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Cabd »

(it's not a response to a specific post, it's me thinking while at lunch at work)
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Cabd »

I realize the creator of this setup is here, but my itch to try and break setups will never truly go away.
Show

Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

so setup wise one of the things that i noticed is that even if the firefighter stops a priming it'll be impossible for them to know who they stopped unless scum ignites on n2. with this in mind do you think it would even be advisable for the firefighter to claim who they protected if a kill is blocked or no?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Cabd »

No, firefighter IDEALLY should just be randomizing their saves between townreads and themselves; and then it gives a confirmed townie the day before lylo. Maybe? Let me sit down and math.
Show

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 129, Sobolev Space wrote:so setup wise one of the things that i noticed is that even if the firefighter stops a priming it'll be impossible for them to know who they stopped unless scum ignites on n2. with this in mind do you think it would even be advisable for the firefighter to claim who they protected if a kill is blocked or no?
even if scum ignites night two, the firefighter would still have no idea if they saved someone or not, because the night action would still be "nobody died" whether they primed or ignited night two, right?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

i mean the night "flip" or information reveal when i say night action.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I like this town :)

I'll respond to questions soon.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 133, CheekyTeeky wrote:I like this town :)
ORLY?
Show

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:37 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 134, Cabd wrote:
In post 133, CheekyTeeky wrote:I like this town :)
ORLY?
You don't? Everyone is active so far, I likey.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Micc »

In post 128, Cabd wrote:I realize the creator of this setup is here, but my itch to try and break setups will never truly go away.
sup. For what its worth I wrote the set up with no self protect, but according to the role pm's it is allowed in this game. That might affect possible breaking strategies. I'll have to think on it as well. I remember being pretty confident there were none in the original setup but I don't have or remember any of that analysis.

VOTE: northsidegal
you don't get to admit that you made a bad vote and then still leave it on all while ignoring the posts I made that showed how bad of a vote it was. Also, where's that meta analysis?
l-2
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 136, Micc wrote:That might affect possible breaking strategies
All that stands out to me with the self-protect is you can have an IC that makes it to "lylo" at the cost of never getting off a protect... which in the setup protects are unlikely to occur anyways.
Show

CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 112, Hopkirk wrote:Why would you expect me to not answer if you removed the vote, and why are you treating the question of 'what do you think of x player (that you don't explicitly scumread)' as so significant?
Some players need a push to answer I've found. Also a vote can make a question feel more loaded to scum. I wanted to test a Hopkirk/micc possibility with the question. I don't know what to do with your response just yet. You were an initial scum lean.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 112, Hopkirk wrote:Given you've asked me for my thoughts on Micc when I hadn't mentioned him yet, (and given, though slightly less so, that you haven't really mentioned me outside there) I find it surprising you didn't mention why you're scumleaning on me. I'd like to hear your thoughts there.
Readlist incoming.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 114, northsidegal wrote:
In post 108, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 107, Kawso wrote:UNVOTE: Hopkirk

VOTE: north

I'm afraid the random vote - reaction test - serious vote just seems scrambling almost
I think you may have unvoted scum, to vote scum.
what about me this game seems to you to show an anti-town motivation or a playstyle difference that would indicate i'm scum?
You were very awkward breaking out of RVS. Your RVS vote on micc was straight up bad, don't care if it was a reaction test. You presented a scum interpretation of my Cabd push, but denied you thought I was scummy. Being pro-town != not scum. You seem to be playing it safe, you tried to stick your neck out with me but quickly withdrew when you saw your points were defeated by logic. I'd have to assume that you hadn't read the entire thread before your push on me, for the illogical arguments to make sense. I don't believe that to be true as I've assumed an attentive, thoughtul player image of you.

I do want to vote you but I don't like how quickly your wagon is building up so I'll reassess shortly.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Micc »

I remember coming to the conclusion that just being a named townie was as much if not more powerful than the actual protection ability. Named townie guarantees town either a confirmed player or a 1v1 counterclaim at some point in the game. Self protection does guarantee the protection role won't get nightkilled before claiming if they go that route. the quickest path to victory for scum isn't to ignite part way through the game tho so I don't think it's high impact that the protection role can guarantee it survives to "Lylo"
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Micc »

In post 119, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 97, Micc wrote:
In post 39, Sobolev Space wrote:now i've got two trs and one of them isn't cabd
This seems to imply you got a town read on Hopkirk from post 38. Can you explain that one please?
yea i thought that his questions in meshed a lot with what i was thinking when i read those posts which indicates a towny thought process. it wasn't a super strong read at the time but its been strengthened by his recent posts as well

ftr my other tr at the time was chip but when i entered the game the wagon on him was pretty much the only thing happening and i wanted to see what happened with it
has your opinion on chip butty changed as his wagon fell apart? the lack of traction for the wagon meant there was less pressure than I would have liked. I'm left feeling like I don't have a read on him because of it.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 136, Micc wrote:
In post 128, Cabd wrote:I realize the creator of this setup is here, but my itch to try and break setups will never truly go away.
sup. For what its worth I wrote the set up with no self protect, but according to the role pm's it is allowed in this game. That might affect possible breaking strategies. I'll have to think on it as well. I remember being pretty confident there were none in the original setup but I don't have or remember any of that analysis.

VOTE: northsidegal
you don't get to admit that you made a bad vote and then still leave it on all while ignoring the posts I made that showed how bad of a vote it was. Also, where's that meta analysis?
l-2
sorry, i wasn't clear again. me voting you initially wasn't entirely serious. my vote as it stands now is where i want it to be. let's look at the sum total of your contributions this game: you threw a little fit over someone's rvs vote and then you threw a little fit again over my vote on you. i hope i'm not making the mistake of letting how much i dislike you cloud my judgment, but i don't think i am.

as for the meta analysis, it's hard to display in quotes how natural you sound in one game as opposed to the other, but here's some awkward confrontations from your scum games:

(post 14 of the thread)
Micc wrote:Why are you apologizing for being a bad player and being inherently scummy at this point? Are you scum trying to coast through the game by underscoring your skill so that less is expected of you?
Spoiler:
TierShift wrote:You strangely enough don't seem to group yourself with the town here.
Micc wrote:How is it strange that I don't group myself with the town when you set up a hypothetical situation where is was scum with BM? Like really? Dont make me break out the all caps
TierShift wrote:Your language assumes a distance from town. That's what I'm saying. It has nothing to do with you being scum together with BM or not.
Micc wrote:IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ME BEING SCUM WITH BM. YOU SET UP THAT HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION AND I RESPONDED TO IT!

I'm closing mafia scum for the night. hopefully when I get back we will have a replacement or a mod or both. I see that you and Yiley made more posts. Im not reading them. Ill see you all tomorrow.
TierShift wrote:Eh micc I see it now nvm, I read wrongly.

You sound like scum caught for the wrong reasons <3
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 140, CheekyTeeky wrote:You were very awkward breaking out of RVS. Your RVS vote on micc was straight up bad, don't care if it was a reaction test. You presented a scum interpretation of my Cabd push, but denied you thought I was scummy. Being pro-town != not scum. You seem to be playing it safe, you tried to stick your neck out with me but quickly withdrew when you saw your points were defeated by logic. I'd have to assume that you hadn't read the entire thread before your push on me, for the illogical arguments to make sense. I don't believe that to be true as I've assumed an attentive, thoughtul player image of you.

I do want to vote you but I don't like how quickly your wagon is building up so I'll reassess shortly.
i think i need to change my playstyle because something similar to this happened in my first game. again, i didn't present a scum interpretation of your cabd push. i thought i had made it clear that it doesn't make sense for scum to do what you did but it was strange nonetheless, which is why i pointed it out. in the future i don't think i'll bother making posts like that, it's obviously not productive. second, were my arguments really "defeated by logic"? you fully admitted yourself that i was right!
In post 93, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Ok so it feels forced
, but breaking out of RVS requires discussion (not just complaining about it eh Micc), I bring up thoughts and opinions to stimulate such and make reads based on the points.
Sometimes the points are useless or feel forced
because I have almost nothing to work wot to try and make something. I don't believe my itention looked like a way to create a Cabd wagon, particularly when I announced the intention to move my vote after some back and forth. And also after the discussion with sobo where I said I use my vote to get info rather than as an accusation at this stage... so I don't know why everyone is getting so precious about Cabd?
you admitted that i was right about your points being forced! i "withdrew" because there was really nothing left to press you on further, you had admitted that i was right!
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

psa: talking about ongoing games is forbidden even if you're already dead in them
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 142, Micc wrote:has your opinion on chip butty changed as his wagon fell apart? the lack of traction for the wagon meant there was less pressure than I would have liked. I'm left feeling like I don't have a read on him because of it.
eh he's still a tr. i thought his response to his wagon in was fairly towny. it was a lot like how i reacted to being wagoned early in my first newbie game although given his join date i'm a little less inclined to tr it than i would if he was a newbie.

i wish he would contribute more but i'm most interested in hearing btd's thoughts rn
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 145, Sobolev Space wrote:psa: talking about ongoing games is forbidden even if you're already dead in them
^trufax
Show

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Micc »

In post 143, northsidegal wrote:sorry, i wasn't clear again. me voting you initially wasn't entirely serious. my vote as it stands now is where i want it to be. let's look at the sum total of your contributions this game: you threw a little fit over someone's rvs vote and then you threw a little fit again over my vote on you. i hope i'm not making the mistake of letting how much i dislike you cloud my judgment, but i don't think i am.
Well, I think ive refuted the points you made regarding the seriously serious vote and I think this post unfairly mis represents my contributions to the game thus far. Do me a favor and seriously think about my play and ask yourself what is likely to come from town/scum and why. If you decide that youre scum reading me solely because you don't like what I'm doing or how I'm doing it then back off. If you really think I'm scum bring the evidence to the table. Right now I'm trying to decide if I caught scum you pushing a bad case or if youre town that is confirmation biasing herself because she doesn't like my approach to the game.
In post 143, northsidegal wrote:it's hard to display in quotes how natural you sound in one game as opposed to the other
and thus why I think this argument doesn't hold water. Its pretty clear that you decided my posts look "awkward" and went into my previous games in order to find evidence that proves to yourself that its alignment indicative. As Cabd can attest to, it takes A Lot of time to make a legitimate meta argument. And if you're going out to find the evidence after you have your hypothesis then your doing it wrong.
In post 146, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 142, Micc wrote:has your opinion on chip butty changed as his wagon fell apart? the lack of traction for the wagon meant there was less pressure than I would have liked. I'm left feeling like I don't have a read on him because of it.
eh he's still a tr. i thought his response to his wagon in was fairly towny. it was a lot like how i reacted to being wagoned early in my first newbie game although given his join date i'm a little less inclined to tr it than i would if he was a newbie.

i wish he would contribute more but i'm most interested in hearing btd's thoughts rn
could you expand on post 56 please? that's the post I picked out as pretty useless to make as town and questioned him further on. Is there a reason a newer player wouldn't have this type of reaction as scum? for me it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that needs to be said if he's town and as scum he would likely be using it to discourage the players on his wagon from staying on it any longer.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

resignation to being lynched is more townie amongst newbies than not imo. especially trying to give advice for where to look for scum post-flip since scum doesn't really care what town does after they're lynched - they just want to stay alive - while town does.

for example in my last game we wagoned scum early d1 and they responded by being much colder than they were early game
Spoiler: quotes
In post 45, Sunlit Diamond wrote:You have misrepresented my conclusion and are continuing discussion of game mechanics after others have stated that's a bad idea. I find both of those approaches questionable at best.
In post 73, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 52, GreenLiquid wrote:You went from discussing mechanics yourself to saying that approach is questionable pretty quickly. What specifically changed your mind?
Sobolev and kittycap's exchange on page 2.
In post 74, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I gave a logical progression from point to point to conclusion, but you stripped out the qualifier in your recap. When I called you on the change you said you hadn't added anything to my conclusion, but in point of fact you subtracted from it. Why?
In post 80, Sunlit Diamond wrote:That is what I did here, but Green skipped my qualifiers and presented it as me making a black and white statement. I appear to being getting heat for what he said rather than what I actually wrote, which is super confusing to me.

meanwhile the newbie townie that we wagoned d1 seemed like they kinda gave up and resigned themselves to being lynched eventually and expressed similar frustration to chip as to the case on them:
Spoiler: quotes
In post 278, BluBlake wrote:If you guys are set on lynching me that's fine. if there's any questions anybody wants to ask before I'm hammered, feel free.
In post 271, BluBlake wrote:
In post 269, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 265, BluBlake wrote:I was surprised to see him at the top of her town reads.
why not ask her about it? Does this affect your read on Sobolev? You said she was a top town read, why haven't you tried to reach out and get her to townread you?
It kind of affected my read, but overall I've seen her as town this whole game. I don't know exactly what you mean by reach out to her to change her mind. All I've done this game is post my honest thoughts and don't really see why my posts are "bad in iso." It seems the tone of the game has drastically changed on the last page which has been pretty confusing for me.

i didn't realize chip was as experienced as he was however, so the i'm not tring these as much as before

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”