Micro 745: Beyond Death [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Cabd »

Hah. (I was the backup mod of that game)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

lol my reads were pretty garbage that game but thankfully i had some good doc shots and my bad reads actually saved me from death n1
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 139, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 112, Hopkirk wrote:Given you've asked me for my thoughts on Micc when I hadn't mentioned him yet, (and given, though slightly less so, that you haven't really mentioned me outside there) I find it surprising you didn't mention why you're scumleaning on me. I'd like to hear your thoughts there.
Readlist incoming.
wait cheeky i'm still interested in seeing this
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 152, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 139, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 112, Hopkirk wrote:Given you've asked me for my thoughts on Micc when I hadn't mentioned him yet, (and given, though slightly less so, that you haven't really mentioned me outside there) I find it surprising you didn't mention why you're scumleaning on me. I'd like to hear your thoughts there.
Readlist incoming.
wait cheeky i'm still interested in seeing this
Noted, please be patient, I like to use my PC for my works of art. Don't hold your breath :P
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 149, Sobolev Space wrote:resignation to being lynched is more townie amongst newbies than not imo. especially trying to give advice for where to look for scum post-flip since scum doesn't really care what town does after they're lynched - they just want to stay alive - while town does.

for example in my last game we wagoned scum early d1 and they responded by being much colder than they were early game
Spoiler: quotes
In post 45, Sunlit Diamond wrote:You have misrepresented my conclusion and are continuing discussion of game mechanics after others have stated that's a bad idea. I find both of those approaches questionable at best.
In post 73, Sunlit Diamond wrote:
In post 52, GreenLiquid wrote:You went from discussing mechanics yourself to saying that approach is questionable pretty quickly. What specifically changed your mind?
Sobolev and kittycap's exchange on page 2.
In post 74, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I gave a logical progression from point to point to conclusion, but you stripped out the qualifier in your recap. When I called you on the change you said you hadn't added anything to my conclusion, but in point of fact you subtracted from it. Why?
In post 80, Sunlit Diamond wrote:That is what I did here, but Green skipped my qualifiers and presented it as me making a black and white statement. I appear to being getting heat for what he said rather than what I actually wrote, which is super confusing to me.

meanwhile the newbie townie that we wagoned d1 seemed like they kinda gave up and resigned themselves to being lynched eventually and expressed similar frustration to chip as to the case on them:
Spoiler: quotes
In post 278, BluBlake wrote:If you guys are set on lynching me that's fine. if there's any questions anybody wants to ask before I'm hammered, feel free.
In post 271, BluBlake wrote:
In post 269, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 265, BluBlake wrote:I was surprised to see him at the top of her town reads.
why not ask her about it? Does this affect your read on Sobolev? You said she was a top town read, why haven't you tried to reach out and get her to townread you?
It kind of affected my read, but overall I've seen her as town this whole game. I don't know exactly what you mean by reach out to her to change her mind. All I've done this game is post my honest thoughts and don't really see why my posts are "bad in iso." It seems the tone of the game has drastically changed on the last page which has been pretty confusing for me.

i didn't realize chip was as experienced as he was however, so the i'm not tring these as much as before
how much consideration have you accounted for regarding the time left in the Day? Looks to me like BlueBlake was at L-1 with 12 hours left in the Day and Sunlit Diamond went to L-2 on page 4. One player was basically 99% to be lynched that Day and the other maybe 25%. Transitioning back to this game I think its silly for anyone think that Chip was in danger of being lynched on page 4...and with that in mind its more likely that he was trying to dissolve his wagon instead of give sound advice to the town.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 109, Micc wrote:
In post 105, Chip Butty wrote: What NSG said.
...and that's why it's rude to answer questions that aren't aimed at you.

@Chip: How is "If I get lynched there is likely scum on my wagon" a useful post if you don't even have an opinion about who the scum on your wagon is? Can't literally anyone who gets lynched make that argument and have it be true more often than not?
This is just my second micro and the first finished well over a year ago. I'm just not used to the idea of 5 being enough to lynch on d1, and i was a bit startled that i had 3 seemingly just from the RC thing. It just felt like i was getting railroaded and i want to draw people's attention to it since i wasn't going to be around to defend myself.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 154, Micc wrote:how much consideration have you accounted for regarding the time left in the Day? Looks to me like BlueBlake was at L-1 with 12 hours left in the Day and Sunlit Diamond went to L-2 on page 4. One player was basically 99% to be lynched that Day and the other maybe 25%. Transitioning back to this game I think its silly for anyone think that Chip was in danger of being lynched on page 4...and with that in mind its more likely that he was trying to dissolve his wagon instead of give sound advice to the town.
i agree with this to an extent which is why i thought it was newbie townish as newbies usually have a less calibrated sense of when somebody is close to actually getting lynched. however, even though he's more experienced than i thought i don't think your explanation is the best one for his post and the reaction still reads towny overall

what do you think of him now? do you buy his last post?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 76, Cabd wrote:Oh are we done. Okay. Let's talk about how micc just skipped over my entrence entirely?
How come you never followed up on this?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 156, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 154, Micc wrote:how much consideration have you accounted for regarding the time left in the Day? Looks to me like BlueBlake was at L-1 with 12 hours left in the Day and Sunlit Diamond went to L-2 on page 4. One player was basically 99% to be lynched that Day and the other maybe 25%. Transitioning back to this game I think its silly for anyone think that Chip was in danger of being lynched on page 4...and with that in mind its more likely that he was trying to dissolve his wagon instead of give sound advice to the town.
i agree with this to an extent which is why i thought it was newbie townish as newbies usually have a less calibrated sense of when somebody is close to actually getting lynched. however, even though he's more experienced than i thought i don't think your explanation is the best one for his post and the reaction still reads towny overall

what do you think of him now? do you buy his last post?
I'm not as experienced as my join date would indicate. Though i joined in Feb 16, i didn't even sign up for a game until 3 months later. Then i played for about 3 months and took a long break of over a year and started up again a few weeks ago. I literally have 1 completed game in like the past 15 months.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 155, Chip Butty wrote:This is just my second micro and the first finished well over a year ago. I'm just not used to the idea of 5 being enough to lynch on d1, and i was a bit startled that i had 3 seemingly just from the RC thing. It just felt like i was getting railroaded and i want to draw people's attention to it since i wasn't going to be around to defend myself.
So you think there was a reasonably high likelihood of you being lynched in the 10 hours you said you'd be gone...less than 48 hours into the game...and before you claimed?
In post 156, Sobolev Space wrote:what do you think of him now? do you buy his last post?
no. I don't buy it at all. I want to keep pushing and if there's support for his wagon ill gladly switch my vote.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 43, Cabd wrote:
In post 42, Sobolev Space wrote:no i think you put too much weight on the vote but that is likely a playstyle thing

i do think that your not voting isn't especially pro-town, however
You likely won't see a vote from me until i am confident in my entire reads list, not just a singular read. If this was a traditional game, the list would even contain the phrase "sync achieved"
From cabd's ISO I see only fluff, discussion about the setup, and this promise. I'm hoping to see some actual scumhunting from this slot real soon.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 159, Micc wrote:
In post 155, Chip Butty wrote:This is just my second micro and the first finished well over a year ago. I'm just not used to the idea of 5 being enough to lynch on d1, and i was a bit startled that i had 3 seemingly just from the RC thing. It just felt like i was getting railroaded and i want to draw people's attention to it since i wasn't going to be around to defend myself.
So you think there was a reasonably high likelihood of you being lynched in the 10 hours you said you'd be gone...less than 48 hours into the game...and before you claimed?
In post 156, Sobolev Space wrote:what do you think of him now? do you buy his last post?
no. I don't buy it at all. I want to keep pushing and if there's support for his wagon ill gladly switch my vote.
I'm flattered you think i would cook up the ingeniously villainous idea of voting for RC just to drag out RVS a bit longer, but if you go back and read the post you're fixating on, you'll see it says 'If somehow i get lynched...' That indicates i think it is low probability but am saying jic. And it's not like people don't do idiotic things in Mafia.

Can we go back to RVS? I feel like we missed out on a proper RVS thanks to your no-fun-allowed policy...
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Okay one last comment before i go. I don't think the wagon on NSG is sound. Don't know if it is scummy or not. More later.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 160, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 43, Cabd wrote:
In post 42, Sobolev Space wrote:no i think you put too much weight on the vote but that is likely a playstyle thing

i do think that your not voting isn't especially pro-town, however
You likely won't see a vote from me until i am confident in my entire reads list, not just a singular read. If this was a traditional game, the list would even contain the phrase "sync achieved"
From cabd's ISO I see only fluff, discussion about the setup, and this promise. I'm hoping to see some actual scumhunting from this slot real soon.
Don't hold your breath~
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 161, Chip Butty wrote:I'm flattered you think i would cook up the ingeniously villainous idea of voting for RC just to drag out RVS a bit longer, but if you go back and read the post you're fixating on, you'll see it says 'If somehow i get lynched...' That indicates i think it is low probability but am saying jic. And it's not like people don't do idiotic things in Mafia.Can we go back to RVS? I feel like we missed out on a proper RVS thanks to your no-fun-allowed policy...
Its not like you've made my point invalid with your play tho... You're most recent vote is still the RVS vote on RC/Cabd. Your contribution to the game thus far is primarily reaction to other players having questioned you and complaining of my playstyle. There is some posts pushing at Cabd but nothing that resembles a case or a reason that you think he's scum. I guess I'm still not convince you've jumped into the game yourself at this point.

Re post 56: but what are you contributing to the town by saying there's likely going to be scum on your wagon if you get quicklynched on page 4? Looking for scum on mislynch wagons is a level zero scumhunting strategy that no town needs to be reminded about. I especially have a problem with your defense given that the equivalent of a vanilla townie in this game gets treestumped upon being lynched and can come back and say whatever they wish the following day.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Still at my mums, no pc, so after digging through ISO's this is briefly where I'm at:

Chip Butty, Hopkirk, Sobolev Space
northsidegal
Micc
Kawso, BTD6_maker
Cabd

I have some interesting points on Cabd, including what I think is a scum slip, which I will go into at some stage, a strange feeling about micc and NSG but I think I'll have to PoE these slots when I get more from my null reads, I'll say null town on them for now.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Almost forgot VOTE: Cabd
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Lycanfire »

VC 1.1Image
I see them. They're staring back at me.

Leading Wagon:
northsidegal (3) - Hopkirk, Kawso, Micc

Cabd (2) - Chip Butty, CheekyTeeky
Micc (1) - northsidegal
Kawso (1) - Sobolev Space

Not Voting: Cabd, BTD6_maker

With 9 alive it will require 5 votes to achieve a lynch.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2017-10-22 19:07:10)
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 56, Chip Butty wrote:Well, if somehow I do get lynched, look for scum on my wagon. There's only 8 available votes, and there are 5 needed to lynch and I can't see 5 town voting for this RC thing. Or even 4, really...Gotta go...
In post 164, Micc wrote: Re post 56: but what are you contributing to the town by saying there's likely going to be scum on your wagon if you get quicklynched on page 4? Looking for scum on mislynch wagons is a level zero scumhunting strategy that no town needs to be reminded about. I especially have a problem with your defense given that the equivalent of a vanilla townie in this game gets treestumped upon being lynched and can come back and say whatever they wish the following day.
I think i have a better idea of where you are coming from with this now, and why you got annoyed with NSG when she answered on my behalf. The point of your question was to determine whether 56 contained actual content or was just fluff. I chose what is, in your view, the fluff interpretation, thus fuelling your suspicions further.

Okay, that deserves a serious answer. I thought earlier you might be just trying to look like you were scumhunting by burrowing in on minor stuff like the RC thing.

The answer is that 56 contains more content than you appear to realise. Although i don't say so explicitly (though probably should have) i am saying BOTH scum would be on my wagon. That is, it would be narrowef down to finding both among 5 players. It is where i say i couldn't see 5 or even 4 town voting me because of my RC vote. That implies max 3 town in the wagon, therefore both scum also. I thought that was worth pointing out. If you disagree then you disagree.

I don't quite get the treestump bit. Yeah, I could say it after the lynch, or i could say it in advance of a possible lynch. Six of one... Rereading 56, I can see how it reads like a goodbye note, but really it was just 'hey if i get lynched, here is an important implication.'

Thinking about it in the light of your posts, it might have been better just to eat rope and post something like 56 after as a treestump, but i was in a hurry to go and didn't think it through at the time.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Chip Butty »

@Micc: will reply to your other points when i return, which won't be for some hours.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 165, CheekyTeeky wrote:Still at my mums, no pc, so after digging through ISO's this is briefly where I'm at:

Chip Butty, Hopkirk, Sobolev Space
northsidegal
Micc
Kawso, BTD6_maker
Cabd

I have some interesting points on Cabd, including what I think is a scum slip, which I will go into at some stage, a strange feeling about micc and NSG but I think I'll have to PoE these slots when I get more from my null reads, I'll say null town on them for now.
interested in seeing what you think the cabd scumslip was i have him as null town

kawso should be lower. i realize he's been inactive but is pretty terrible
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

yea just iso'd cabd and i can't see anything that looks like a scumslip
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 171, Sobolev Space wrote:yea just iso'd cabd and i can't see anything that looks like a scumslip
I have a guess but I'm gonna let cheeky huff and puff first.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

cabd whats the eta on you having reads on everyone
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Cabd »

Heat death of the universe

Somewhere in the middle <--------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes from this post

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”