Newbie 1828: Utopia! - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

Post by acidphoenix »

ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:29 am

Post by acidphoenix »

oh come on a pafetop now

ew is @ nsgs thing about the wagon
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 324, Nauci wrote:Unannounced? Lol

I'm agreeing with Porkens

But still suspicious of Gorny and Darren

But it's perfectly plausible this is a scum driven train. Hmmm. Ari get in here Andrew defend yourself.
yeah, unannounced is the correct term when you put someone to "l-1", where it would only take one more vote to lynch them. you're always supposed to announce when you put someone to l-1 (at least as town) so that the next person who votes them doesn't accidentally hammer.
acidphoenix wrote:oh come on a pafetop now

ew is @ nsgs thing about the wagon
are you alright with someone being put to l-1 over the course of one page? do you think everyone who contributed to that is town?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 am

Post by acidphoenix »

very possibly

also very possibly not!

I don't really care if people are l-1

if anything I prefer it! seeing people react to l-1s is usually helpful

I would prefer it announced but I don't think that means anything for naucis alignment
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-6

Peter Breugels the Elder,
The Land of Cockaigne

The world was not a vast Utopia-free wasteland between Plato's time and More's though! Let me tell you about the magical land of Cockaigne! It was a mythical place of plenty and freedom, somewhere between Atlantis and El Dorado in its ambience, and the harshness of peasant life simply didn't exist. Cheese rained from the sky. Monks beat up their abbots, sexual freedom abounded, and all the restrictions of society were defied. Cockaigne was often featured in Goliard verse, one poem being In The Land of Cockaigne. Herman Pleij describes Cockaigne thusly: "where roasted pigs wander about with knives in their backs to make carving easy, where grilled geese fly directly into one's mouth, where cooked fish jump out of the water and land at one's feet. The weather is always mild, the wine flows freely, sex is readily available, and all people enjoy eternal youth."

Fun fact: The term Cockney is derived from this myth. In the 1820s, London was jokingly called "The Land of Cockaigne", i.e., the land of the Cockneys.

Aristophanes
(4): Porkens, Gorny, darrenwoodward10, Nauci
Porkens
(2): northsidegal, Inferno390
Gorny
(1): acidphoenix
darrenwoodward10
(1): Noodle

Not Voting
(0):
Aristophanes

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: October 25, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-10-24 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

do you care if someone quickhammered aristo without a claim, ending the day early? if the answer to that is yes then i think the answer to if you care about people being at l-1 should also be yes. i thought the same thing regarding the last line, but it can go either way. it's something that i'll be looking at over the course of the day.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Porkens »

Northsidegal, I will sheep you. Show me how to play mafia your way please.

unvote
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 331, Porkens wrote:Northsidegal, I will sheep you. Show me how to play mafia your way please.

unvote
are you still confident about aristo being scum, and if so why did you unvote? what do you think about the other people on the aristo wagon and their motivations for voting?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 136, Nauci wrote:VOTE: darrenwoodward10

Because voting for unconfirmed feels like scum wanting to look useful :thinking_face:

Also see turbo-the-yuro post.
In post 162, Nauci wrote:Why is Inferno in the clear?

Why so many excuses for Noodle?

Hmmmmmm
In post 164, Nauci wrote:I don't have beef with inferno. I just want to know why he's at the top of porkens' list.

You just post twice excusing noodle for lurking. ?
In post 170, Nauci wrote:
In post 166, Gorny wrote:This isn't an excuse for lurking. Lurking in itself is NAI.
VOTE: Gorny
In post 210, Nauci wrote:I agree

VOTE: acidphoenix

Rather convenient to just pop back in and jump on the Gorny bandwagon!
In post 257, Nauci wrote:Gorny:

I'm on mobile so I'm not going to try to quote that giant post. If I forget to address anything let me know

1: I enjoy being generally trolly and announcing all sorts of claims. VT, arson, jailer, etc. Am actually town aligned witch!
2: I said "am not scum" because someone had just asked me if I'm scum. I am not scum.
3: Lurking is definitely a scummy thing to do, not NAI. Defending lurking is also scummy.
4: You've post multiple times saying Noodles weird behavior is actually normal, giving him excuses to hide scumminess behind. Smells like scum teaming!
5: I don't really know how to explain why I think your posts are overly defensive without writing out a psychology essay so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For now my reads are on the quiet people, so Noodle and... Hmm. I'll have to take another look in the morning.

Also lol @ the bus joke. Where I'm from, bussing means one scum throwing another under the bus!

VOTE: Noodle
I think you are probably right that there is scum on the wagon.

"confident that he is scum" is not what I am. However, I am 100% confident that he has not been scumhunting at all, and that's scummy, and either that needs to change or we string him up.

Gorny let me bully him onto the wagon without ever stating why he himself thought of Aristo. Scummy.

Darren gave a reason, added his own spin, and I think that reason was good enough to vote on. Null.

Nauci never mentioned Aris before his vote. His ISO is mixed. I want him to lean town because he likes to agree with me, but that makes me biased, too.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Porkens »

I unvoted because I don't want the day to end right now (and, as I said, you are probably right about their being scum on the wagon)
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:24 am

Post by acidphoenix »

porkens do you think there's a >9/14 chance of 1+ scum on w£
agon innately or do you just mean that you think that in context there's scum in (nauci, gorny, darren), and partially due to the wagon
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 am

Post by northsidegal »

hmm. back in you talk about running me up to l-1 to see what kind of play comes out of it. keep this in mind for the rest of what i'm about to say. so you start to make your scumcase on aristo, and while you don't explicitly call for other people to vote him you do thank gorny after he votes. you come back after there's another vote on the wagon by darren and don't really mention anything. finally, nauci adds the l-1 vote, i call out the quickwagon and you unvote. what i'm primarily concerned with here is why you unvoted just now. if you look back at 295 it's clear that placing people at l-1 to see their reactions is a strategy you're willing to do. furthermore, you don't make any comment to the effect of slowing down or the motivations behind gorny or darren's votes (for what it's worth i agree with your analysis of these votes - scummier on gorny, more null on darren).

we haven't yet seen aristo's reaction to being put at l-1 (even though i saw him online in site chat a bit earlier. strange.), and even if you don't want the day to end, a quickhammer on aristo after i've clearly pointed out the l-1 would be an explicit scumclaim. so why unvote? is it just to try to avoid the heat and reduce suspicion on yourself? is it because i called out the scummy creation of the wagon?

finally, before i questioned you on it, it seemed like your justification for unvoting was sheeping me. it's only after i asked you directly why you unvoted that you give the reason of not wanting the day to end early. so to sum it up, it seems like you're overly concerned with appearances, especially in my eyes - trying to appeal to me by unvoting after i called out a wagon and saying that you're going to sheep me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Porkens »

I hear you.

Are you willing to let Aristo sit there at L-1 right now? Having said there are scum on the wagon?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 335, acidphoenix wrote:porkens do you think there's a >9/14 chance of 1+ scum on w£
agon innately or do you just mean that you think that in context there's scum in (nauci, gorny, darren), and partially due to the wagon
Sorry, what is the 9/14 coming from?

I think based on how fast the wagon filled up, at least 1 scum probably hopped on.

I almost called one player out for it, but...decided not to and to talk with northsidegal.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 337, Porkens wrote:I hear you.

Are you willing to let Aristo sit there at L-1 right now? Having said there are scum on the wagon?
i think it would be incredibly revealing. people tend to think things through less in high-stress or high-pressure situations, to so see the reactions of every group involved (people on the wagon, people off it and aristo himself) would be a benefit for town.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 316, Porkens wrote:Inferno, i am going to try and help you build your case.
Porkens is scrum because...
1. He is trying to get aph lynched.
2. His documenting isn't over realistic.

Anything else?
1. You're trying to get aph lynched
really fast, as evident by page 12
2. Your "minigames," while interesting, seem to be an attempt to take focus away from scum hunting.
3. Looking through your ISO, other than a few posts, there doesn't seem to be very much scumhunting on your part.
4. Those that do have scumhunting seem to be vague and unconnected.

My gut says that with all of this, you're scum.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Porkens »

so why unvote?

Precisely because I want him to talk before he is hammered.

is it just to try to avoid the heat and reduce suspicion on yourself?

No, I'm not averse to heat and suspicion.

is it because i called out the scummy creation of the wagon?

I think there are scum on the wagon, yes.

finally, before i questioned you on it, it seemed like your justification for unvoting was sheeping me. it's only after i asked you directly why you unvoted that you give the reason of not wanting the day to end early.

I am trying to encourage questioning :)

it seems like you're overly concerned with appearances, especially in my eyes - trying to appeal to me by unvoting after i called out a wagon and saying that you're going to sheep me.

I want your trust. I care about how you see me, especially YOU. I am trying to appeal to you and work with you to find scum today.

You have repeatedly complained that this game isn't moving along. I should be your hero. I am trying to please you. I want you on my side.

Ok?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 340, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 316, Porkens wrote:Inferno, i am going to try and help you build your case.

Anything else?
2. Your "minigames," while interesting, seem to be an attempt to take focus away from scum hunting.
3. Looking through your ISO, other than a few posts, there doesn't seem to be very much scumhunting on your part.

Who's my partner if I'm scum?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I did just read through Aph's posts again, and I will agree, he has not done much scum hunting, but it definitely doesn't look like he's been actively
not
scumhunting either. I feel like the claim that he's been not scumhunting at all is pretty weak.

Also, once again, I make a move to the BP strategy.

I'll start:
Not BP
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Porkens »

THAT DOES IT.

VOTE: INFERNO
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 341, Porkens wrote:

I want your trust. I care about how you see me, especially YOU. I am trying to appeal to you and work with you to find scum today.

You have repeatedly complained that this game isn't moving along. I should be your hero. I am trying to please you. I want you on my side.

Ok?
Now
this
seems like an AtE attempt.
Porkens wrote:

Anything else?

Not sure. I think it's probably a little too early to start trying to pair off scum, and I want to keep my options open. I am thinking about Noodle, Darren, and Nauci on that account though.
Porkens wrote:THAT DOES IT.

What's up with the OMGUS vote?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 30, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 29, Aristophanes wrote:Is there any reason you chose Him in particular?
What reactions were you expecting?

Also, I just noticed your shiny Azumarill and love it!!! :)
Thank you!

No, there wasn't a real reason. Just that no one had thrown a vote acid's way yet.
This vote on someone who had no votes on them is the antithesis of scumhunting.
In post 102, Inferno390 wrote:Man, you leave for 18 hours and a whole lot of stuff goes on!
In post 63, northsidegal wrote:@inferno, why are you trying to act casual? is there a reason you have to act and you're not actually casual? what's got you concerned?
NOTHING's got me concerned. That's why I'm acting so casual. Because I'm am feeling casual, because I'm not concerned.
Nothing has Inferno concerned. Perfectly fine still voting for acid, who was a random vote.
In post 186, Inferno390 wrote:Man, I've been busy!
As for now, my vote is staying where it is, but I am also leaning toward Porkens being scum.
In post 187, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 154, Porkens wrote:I love jokes!

Here's a readslist:
Inferno390

Aristophanes1 (SE)
Gorny (SE)

northsidegal
darrenwoodward10

Noodle
Nauci

acidphoenix (SE)

Vote: acidphoenix
I like this, so I'm going to follow it up with one of my own.

color=#0000FF]Aristophanes1 (SE)[/color]

darrenwoodward10
Gorny (SE)

northsidegal
Noodle
Nauci

acidphoenix (SE)
Porkens
I am lower on the readslist, but he is still voting for acid. Why?
In post 198, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 197, Porkens wrote:1. Well, in general, casting many lines and watching for nibbles seems like a fine strategy to me. In addition, all those questions were directed at two people who were having a conversation together. My questions were in response to their conversation.

2. ok, itll have to be later.

3.1. "defensive" to me means only defending one's self rather than also attempting offense.
3.2. How can you possibly have such a fleshed out opinion about Noodle at this point?
3.1: But there's more than one kind of defensive.
3.2: You asked if Darren thought he was reading the posts. I think he is. That would be lurking. There's only a few reasons he would be lurking: To avoid suspicion, to try and get reads on everybody, or to try and find a reason to jump on somebody for a mislynch.
Why would you think Noodles was reading the posts? It doesn't make any sense. What is the point of this speculation?
In post 315, Inferno390 wrote:No, see, this looks like an attempt from Porkens to get a quick lynch on Aristophanes.
I still feel like your "scumhunting" wasn't very realistic.
VOTE: Porkens
SO, you agree with me that Acid was scummy, even as far as keeping your vote on him over me.
then, you give Aris a PASS on not scumhunting AT ALL while you vote for me for "unrealistic" scumhunting.

Inferno, what is your definition of scumhunting, and how does one do it?

(PS, someone else will have to put Aris at L-1, I'm busy now.)
In post 343, Inferno390 wrote:I did just read through Aph's posts again, and I will agree, he has not done much scum hunting, but it definitely doesn't look like he's been actively
not
scumhunting either. I feel like the claim that he's been not scumhunting at all is pretty weak.

Also, once again, I make a move to the BP strategy.

I'll start:
Not BP
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 345, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 341, Porkens wrote:

Ok?
Now
this
seems like an AtE attempt.
It IS! You are correct. I am appealing to her emotions. I am also trying to appeal to her logic.
Porkens wrote:

Anything else?

Not sure. I think it's probably a little too early to start trying to pair off scum, and I want to keep my options open. I am thinking about Noodle, Darren, and Nauci on that account though.

NOT SURE? NOT SURE? You have had ACID and PORKENS as your scum ALL GAME. Why are you suddenly NOT SURE?
Porkens wrote:THAT DOES IT.

What's up with the OMGUS vote?
OH MY GOD YOU ARE SCUM.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Porkens »

PORK: Who's my partner if I'm scum?

INFERNO: Not sure. I think it's probably a little too early to start trying to pair off scum, and I want to keep my options open. I am thinking about Noodle, Darren, and Nauci on that account though.

PORK: NOT SURE? NOT SURE? You have had ACID and PORKENS as your scum ALL GAME. Why are you suddenly NOT SURE?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 am

Post by acidphoenix »

what the fuck are the words coming out of infernos mouth right now

like I have no clue what the fuck he is thinking regardless of his alignment

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”