Newbie 1828: Utopia! - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Porkens »

I'm out.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Nauci »

What's ISO and also I am a woman

post more after I get home
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Ahahaha I love it! What a wagon! This is the kind of shit I needed =D
I'll do a wagon assessment for those who jumped on and off in odd or opportunistic ways and we'll get us some D1 scum! :)

I'm out to D&D but I'll be back guns blazing soon!

From a cursory read I'm pretty sure Porkens is scum but I want to get a far better look at all of this!

And yes, I've been able to post today. I decided to finish Archer instead though.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 am

Post by acidphoenix »

:anger:

>porkens scum
yes do please expand
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 378, acidphoenix wrote: :anger:

>porkens scum
yes do please expand
Porkens is very strange in tone and feels like he is leading sheep to their deaths.

More to come ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 373, Porkens wrote:
In post 371, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 365, Porkens wrote:
1. That was RVS. Nice try.

It was RVS until a few posts later where you said you liked your vote and were keeping it there.

2. Yeah, I'm not concerned about your questions because I've got nothing to hide. And I saw no reason to move my vote at that time, nothing had jumped out at me.

So no one was scummier than your RVS vote?

3. That was just sorting my reads according to type. Neither you or Acid were lower or higher than each other at this point.

Fair enough - that's how I do it too. But both Acid and I were bright red scum on your list. So first Acid is RVS, then he is just the best choice out of the entire game, and now he is BRIGHT RED SCUM next to me.

4. YOU ASKED whether darren thought Noodle was reading the posts. I threw my two cents into the pot there.

I don't care who I asked. I'm focusing on YOUR answer. Why would you feel the need to throw your two cents in at all? How could you have had a read on Noodle one way or the other?

5. I think that Aris is doing a mix of reading the postas and forming his own opinions and staying active. I think that you're right, he hasn't scumhunted much. But what he HAS done seems more genuine than you're scumhunting. Aris has been around this community too long for me to think that he would just lurk because he's scum. I think that an older player would know better than that.

"He hasn't scumhunted much"? Point to the scumhunting you see.

I don't know what you are trying to get at with the "age" point.

Scumhunting for me is looking for flaws or logical errors in another's arguments, while putting pressure on a player and asking a series of relevant questions to get as many posts out of them to get a feel for the way they see the game and how they're playing.

OK, show me this in Aris' ISO.

1. AtE is a logical fallacy that you should not use to try and get a vote on your wagon, or get on the good side of another player to lower their suspicion of you. That's scummy behavior.

AtE is "Appeal to Emotion". And it is a perfectly legit way to try and convince someone to do what you want. Right now what I want is for Northsidegal to feel better about me so that she can stop tunneling and help me root out scum.

2. Um, it's a legit question.

I don't remember what you are talking about with this one.

Considering how hard it has been to understand some of your posts and how all over the place your votes have been, I think that that's an odd statement coming from you.

If you have a case on Acid, make it please.

Now I'm considering Acid AND Porkens as scumbuddies. Just another thing to throw around in my head, I guess.

Now you are considering it? Not when we were both at the bottom of your readslist? You sound full of crap.
1. Doesn't make it any less RVS.
2. NO, just that nothing had stood out as scummy for me yet. So I didn't want to move my vote around yet. I was comfortable where it was.
3. Because as the game went on, I felt like Acid's been all over the place and hasn't given that much in terms of scumreading.
4. I didn't have a read. That was just my opinion on if he was reading or not, and tossing around some ideas about what he might have been doing at that point.
5. I think he's old enough to this site that he's not going to lurk and not scumread because he's scum. He knows he would get called out on that. I'll get to his reading in a bit, but I'm a little busy.
6. Again, give me a bit.
7. It's also a logical fallacy that makes it look like you're saying, "I'm doing what you want, so don't think I'm scum!"
8. I asked why the OMGUS vote.
9. Once again, give me a bit.
10. I think this issue has already been resolved, so I'm not going to dive into it again.
Scum.
In post 374, Porkens wrote:
In post 368, Gorny wrote:Therrs not going to be a lol hammer porky, well at least nit on Aristo. On you, possibly.

UNVOTE: Aristophanes
VOTE: porkens
Partner.
Well, this doesn't look like panicking scum at all.
In post 379, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 378, acidphoenix wrote: :anger:

>porkens scum
yes do please expand
Porkens is very strange in tone and feels like he is leading sheep to their deaths.

More to come ;)
:?
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 am

Post by acidphoenix »

banning quoting that wall

etc

or at least spoiler it
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 381, acidphoenix wrote:banning quoting that wall

etc

or at least spoiler it
Ok.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 376, Nauci wrote:What's ISO and also I am a woman

post more after I get home
ISO refers to "reading in isolation". You can filter posts in the thread to any one player.

If I referred to you as "he" I'm sorry.
In post 377, Aristophanes wrote:Ahahaha I love it! What a wagon! This is the kind of shit I needed =D
I'll do a wagon assessment for those who jumped on and off in odd or opportunistic ways and we'll get us some D1 scum! :)

I'm out to D&D but I'll be back guns blazing soon!

From a cursory read I'm pretty sure Porkens is scum but I want to get a far better look at all of this!

And yes, I've been able to post today. I decided to finish Archer instead though.
Ahhh, UHHHHHHHHH. WELL THEN.

that's, not at all what I was expecting. Interesting.

IM NOT BP.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:43 am

Post by acidphoenix »

not bp
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:44 am

Post by northsidegal »

not bulletproof. wasn't sure if we were doing this but now that we are it's important that everyone explicitly claim either bulletproof or not bulletproof in their next post.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 am

Post by acidphoenix »

we weren't

then we started for some fucking reason

but once it's started no advantage to not going on
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

acidphoenix wrote:we weren't

then we started for some fucking reason

but once it's started no advantage to not going on
are you against doing the bulletproof strategy?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:48 am

Post by Nauci »

Super disappointed that you unvoted so quickly!

I figured -1 might be the only way we got any good posts out of Ari, and at worst, a scum might hammer and we lunch the scum later.

Also not bp
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:49 am

Post by acidphoenix »

yes but

a. not strongly enough to fight against it

also b. the reasons i dislike it preclude talking about it itt
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Nauci »

I think there was very little reason to do the bp strat and that the person who initiated it is scumfishing
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 390, Nauci wrote:I think there was very little reason to do the bp strat and that the person who initiated it is scumfishing
do you understand the benefits of the strategy and why it was brought up in the first place?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 391, northsidegal wrote:
In post 390, Nauci wrote:I think there was very little reason to do the bp strat and that the person who initiated it is scumfishing
do you understand the benefits of the strategy and why it was brought up in the first place?
I, for one, do not.

Care to explain? :)
- Jingle
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Nauci »

I would have been more supportive of it earlier in the game but I feel like we have much more information now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 393, Nauci wrote:I would have been more supportive of it earlier in the game but I feel like we have much more information now.
that doesn't answer my question. aristo i will explain once nauci answers.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Nauci »

I mean, I do insofar as I think I do.

But I think it's more advantageous for scum at this point to figure out info about the setup than for any of us to have a confirmed town.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

can we not?

like seriously at this point we're into it so it objectively hurts town to continue

and i expressed opposition to it in the first place for the reason that the discussion is terrible and nai and doesn't help find scum

especially when we're at a point when our scumhunting is one person acting like there's definitely scum in 4/8 people just because they were on a wagon, two people screaming at each other and deciding that makes each other scum, one person who popped in =_=, a lurker, someone who posted 1 wall per player then stopped hunting besides in their votes, i forget darren but i think he was doing decently, nauci(same except the forgetting), and me
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

okay, still not really answering my question but i think whatever angle i was hoping to fish out isn't really that relevant. aristo, here's a quote that explains it pretty well:

Spoiler:
Subject: Newbie 1786 | URW 3 | Endgame
Loopdan wrote:There is a relatively new strategy first proposed in a Newbie game by Radiant Cowbells. It is quickly becoming the standard way to begin Newbie games (at least until they change the setup to something other than Matrix6).

We are going to mass-claim "1-Shot Bulletproof"(BP) or "Not BP". To do this properly we need everyone to claim immediately.

Your next post needs to contain either a claim of 1-Shot Bulletproof or "Not BP"

Do not claim (or no-claim) any other role at this time

Reasons
:
1) Scum often attempt to fakeclaim bulletproof. By claiming early, your claim has maximum credibility and take that avenue away from Scum in the later game.
2) Although it does not technically confirm the player as town due to the possibility of a Jailkeeper only setup, the lack of a counterclaim gives the bulletproof townie considerable leverage because scum fakeclaiming bulletproof have terrible odds at doing so successfully.
3) If there is no Bulletproof Townie, that information will help us in the next phase of breaking the game.

Then what?

If there is a BP claim, there are three roles that can counterclaim it - BP, cop, and doctor.

If you are the real bulletproof or a cop, the correct way to counter a fake bulletproof claim is simply to say, "I counterclaim.", regardless of which of those two you are.

If you are a doctor, wait until everyone else has refused to counterclaim before you speak up! Ideally, the cop will counterclaim and you can stay in the shadows protecting them.

If there is no bulletproof claim, the next step is Tracker claim, which we can deal with if/when we get there.

it's important now that we've started that
everyone's next post contains a claim
, for reasons that are better left unsaid until we're done with the process.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sorry nauci. I thought inferno was obvscum. Aris's commitment to fluff and buckshot blew my reads out of the water.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

Acid is town imo

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”