Newbie 1828: Utopia! - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Inferno390 »

No counterclaim from me, I'm a bit busy now, but as soon as I get the chance, I'll ISO Porkens, Acid, and Aris and share my thoughts.
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:40 am

Post by darrenwoodward10 »

In post 462, Porkens wrote:
unvote
My turn to ask a question to you, Porkens:
Why the sudden unvote?
Seriously, that wall of text that Aristo posted is nothing new and doesn't make him look any less scummy. He just pokes at people with questions and weird reactions like "BaRf EmOji" and "I lOl'D aT tHiS XXXDDDDDDD"
Not to put any pressure on you, Aristo, but can you outright say who you actually think is the scummiest rather than do this?
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:59 am

In fact, screw that "no pressure" bit.
Aristo, tell us who is at the top of your scum list.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 473, Gorny wrote:Or did I already earlier?
I don't remember
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Lol I like you, Darren! XD

Uh, I simply can't shake this Porkens read. Gorny and Inferno are now on the list too.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:11 am

In post 478, Porkens wrote:
In post 473, Gorny wrote:Or did I already earlier?
I don't remember
Yo Porkens! Answer question pls
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 am

In post 479, Aristophanes wrote:Lol I like you, Darren! XD

Uh, I simply can't shake this Porkens read. Gorny and Inferno are now on the list too.
But let's say you HAD to pick ONE, which one would it be?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 481, darrenwoodward10 wrote:
In post 479, Aristophanes wrote:Lol I like you, Darren! XD

But let's say you HAD to pick ONE, which one would it be?
They are in order :)

Porkens
Gorny
Inferno
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 am

Okay, thanks, it just wasn't clear from your other post
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 476, darrenwoodward10 wrote:
unvote
Why the sudden unvote?
Seriously, that wall of text that Aristo posted is nothing new and doesn't make him look any less scummy. He just pokes at people with questions and weird reactions like "BaRf EmOji" and "I lOl'D aT tHiS XXXDDDDDDD"
Not to put any pressure on you, Aristo, but can you outright say who you actually think is the scummiest rather than do this?
Well, I thought Aris was scummy for the reasons I have mentioned. I asked if anyone was in-thread, and Gorny answered. I asked him to read Aris before I told him why. He did and said he saw "something". So I explained what I had seen, and voted. He argued for maybe 2 posts, and then crumbled and hopped his vote onto Aris. Then a couple more people did. And then Northsidegal said "That wagon was too fast" and I thought "Ah! She's right!" So I went bravado and voted for Gorny to see if he would crumble again. Unfortunately, I was scumread for that by at least one person who had thought I was town before that. I should have kept my vote on Aris.

Later, as the hours went by and people kept talking, I thought maybe I was now the easy mislynch, and tried to see who was pushing me. Then, Aris shows back up, says NOTHING meaningful other than "Yeah Porkens is probably scum" and leaves again.

He has a zillion reasons not to contribute, and he looks like fucking scum. So now I think it's him and Gorny or maybe even him and Northsidegal.

Then I realize that in order to get the focus off of myself and back onto scum, I needed to accept the claim strategy. I wanted NSG to be town because that's how I read her. So I just decided to go with that. I shit on her claim idea, and she was offended. Then I tried to force her to play my way, and that pissed her off. I'm assuming all of this and I'm sorry whether I'm wrong or not. I don't know the BP strat.

But then I misread and thought "oh, this is insane, the doc claims? wtf" But claimed "not doctor" because I was committed to following what I thought I was supposed to do. It was also around this time that Aris came back with a good post. Actually I think Acid did too, but I was already townreading him. So now I have a pretty strong townread on:

Aristoph
NorthSideGal
Acidpheonix

I really want to scumread Inferno and Gorny, but I also feel like only 1 might be scum in there.

Outside of those I feel pretty iffy about Nauci, I'm getting OK with Darren, and who am I forgetting?

whoever I'm forgetting is scummy.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Porkens »

NOODLE
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 am

In post 484, Porkens wrote:
In post 476, darrenwoodward10 wrote:
unvote
Why the sudden unvote?
Well, I thought Aris was scummy for the reasons I have mentioned. I asked if anyone was in-thread, and Gorny answered. I asked him to read Aris before I told him why. He did and said he saw "something". So I explained what I had seen, and voted. He argued for maybe 2 posts, and then crumbled and hopped his vote onto Aris. Then a couple more people did. And then Northsidegal said "That wagon was too fast" and I thought "Ah! She's right!" So I went bravado and voted for Gorny to see if he would crumble again. Unfortunately, I was scumread for that by at least one person who had thought I was town before that. I should have kept my vote on Aris.

Later, as the hours went by and people kept talking, I thought maybe I was now the easy mislynch, and tried to see who was pushing me. Then, Aris shows back up, says NOTHING meaningful other than "Yeah Porkens is probably scum" and leaves again.

He has a zillion reasons not to contribute, and he looks like fucking scum. So now I think it's him and Gorny or maybe even him and Northsidegal.

Then I realize that in order to get the focus off of myself and back onto scum, I needed to accept the claim strategy. I wanted NSG to be town because that's how I read her. So I just decided to go with that. I shit on her claim idea, and she was offended. Then I tried to force her to play my way, and that pissed her off. I'm assuming all of this and I'm sorry whether I'm wrong or not. I don't know the BP strat.

But then I misread and thought "oh, this is insane, the doc claims? wtf" But claimed "not doctor" because I was committed to following what I thought I was supposed to do. It was also around this time that Aris came back with a good post. Actually I think Acid did too, but I was already townreading him. So now I have a pretty strong townread on:

Aristoph
NorthSideGal
Acidpheonix

I really want to scumread Inferno and Gorny, but I also feel like only 1 might be scum in there.

Outside of those I feel pretty iffy about Nauci, I'm getting OK with Darren, and who am I forgetting?

whoever I'm forgetting is scummy.
This really helps, it's almost like a tl;dr for the last few pages. But my vote is staying on Aris because 1) I don't think his post was all that good 2) I didn't want his wagon to slip by so fast, I want to see how he posts whilst he has a vote on him.
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 am

In post 485, Porkens wrote:NOODLE
Yeah, I'm calling BS on Noodle's special playstyle, it's only a couple more hours until he needs poking/prodding (don't know which one it is). He's not found anything new and he's not getting my trust until he posts a wall of text showing that he really has been lurking for the right reasons.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Porkens »

Ok, I'll let him answer for himself.

unvote
for now, I don't know where the coutn is and I'm too lazy to look
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 484, Porkens wrote:Then I realize that in order to get the focus off of myself and back onto scum, I needed to accept the claim strategy. I wanted NSG to be town because that's how I read her. So I just decided to go with that.
This is the main part there that I dislike, but overall that was a solid post.

Hmm...
I could be happy with this for now
VOTE: Gorny
darrenwoodward10 wrote: This really helps, it's almost like a tl;dr for the last few pages. But my vote is staying on Aris because 1) I don't think his post was all that good 2) I didn't want his wagon to slip by so fast, I want to see how he posts whilst he has a vote on him.
darren, I have played long enough that votes on me have little to no effect on my play. I'm not saying I'm a great player, just that it doesnt actually spur any activity from me!
- Jingle
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-7

EGO SUM ABBAS

Ego sum abbas Cucaniensis
et consilium meum est cum bibulis,
et in secta Decii voluntas mea est,
et qui mane me quaesierit in taberna
post vesperam nudus egredietur,
et sic denudatus veste clamabit:
Wafna, wafna! quid fecisti, Sors turpissima?
nostrae vitae gaudia
abstulisti omnia!
I am the Abbot of Cockaigne and my counsel is with soaks, and my pleasure is in the order of gamblers and whoever seeks me early in the tavern will leave naked after vespers, and stripped of his clothing he will cry:

Wafna, wafna! What have you done, Luck most foul! You have taken away all the joys of our life!

(I KNEW IT! Of course, Carmina Burana would have a hattip to the Land of Cockaigne.

Porkens
(3): northsidegal, Inferno390, Gorny
Gorny
(2): acidphoenix, Aristophanes
Aristophanes
(1): darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
(1): Noodle

Not Voting
(2): Porkens, Nauci

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: October 25, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-10-24 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:31 am

In post 489, Aristophanes wrote:darrenwoodward10 wrote:
This really helps, it's almost like a tl;dr for the last few pages. But my vote is staying on Aris because 1) I don't think his post was all that good 2) I didn't want his wagon to slip by so fast, I want to see how he posts whilst he has a vote on him.

darren, I have played long enough that votes on me have little to no effect on my play. I'm not saying I'm a great player, just that it doesnt actually spur any activity from me!
Well if you think that post was going to make me unvote you, you can think again
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 am

Also I absolutely love this theme
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 492, darrenwoodward10 wrote:Also I absolutely love this theme
Ditto!

And no, not at all. I just thought you should know :P
- Jingle
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Porkens »

I could be wrong but I think gorny is better. But let's finish the BP thing.
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:00 am

I'm out of the loop, I keep seeing people mentioning the "BP thing" but I don't know what it is
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:00 am

Sorry if that made you facepalm
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

@darren, here's the "bulletproof strategy" that we're doing.
In post 397, northsidegal wrote:okay, still not really answering my question but i think whatever angle i was hoping to fish out isn't really that relevant. aristo, here's a quote that explains it pretty well:

Spoiler:
Subject: Newbie 1786 | URW 3 | Endgame
Loopdan wrote:There is a relatively new strategy first proposed in a Newbie game by Radiant Cowbells. It is quickly becoming the standard way to begin Newbie games (at least until they change the setup to something other than Matrix6).

We are going to mass-claim "1-Shot Bulletproof"(BP) or "Not BP". To do this properly we need everyone to claim immediately.

Your next post needs to contain either a claim of 1-Shot Bulletproof or "Not BP"

Do not claim (or no-claim) any other role at this time

Reasons
:
1) Scum often attempt to fakeclaim bulletproof. By claiming early, your claim has maximum credibility and take that avenue away from Scum in the later game.
2) Although it does not technically confirm the player as town due to the possibility of a Jailkeeper only setup, the lack of a counterclaim gives the bulletproof townie considerable leverage because scum fakeclaiming bulletproof have terrible odds at doing so successfully.
3) If there is no Bulletproof Townie, that information will help us in the next phase of breaking the game.

Then what?

If there is a BP claim, there are three roles that can counterclaim it - BP, cop, and doctor.

If you are the real bulletproof or a cop, the correct way to counter a fake bulletproof claim is simply to say, "I counterclaim.", regardless of which of those two you are.

If you are a doctor, wait until everyone else has refused to counterclaim before you speak up! Ideally, the cop will counterclaim and you can stay in the shadows protecting them.

If there is no bulletproof claim, the next step is Tracker claim, which we can deal with if/when we get there.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 am

Post by Porkens »

Ohhh I misunderstood.

Scum should hardclaim BP if town decides to do this.
darrenwoodward10
darrenwoodward10
Goon
darrenwoodward10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 am

Ah I see thanks!
I'm not BP
(How late am I?)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”