Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Peers wrote:
farside22 wrote:You still haven't answered my question about your "quote" on your sig. Do you have proff that was said word for word by me because I take offense at slander.
Wow... you mean people actually read sigs here? I turn 'em off whenever I join a forum... usually they're useless.
i had mine switched off, until my own sig became so awesome that i had to look at it for 15 minutes each day. :D

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Battle Mage wrote:
Peers wrote:
farside22 wrote:You still haven't answered my question about your "quote" on your sig. Do you have proff that was said word for word by me because I take offense at slander.
Wow... you mean people actually read sigs here? I turn 'em off whenever I join a forum... usually they're useless.
i had mine switched off, until my own sig became so awesome that i had to look at it for 15 minutes each day. :D

BM
I love my sig because Carlos Mencia just cracks me up and sometimes I need the reminder. :lol:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 am

Post by armlx »

farside22 wrote: I love my sig
because Carlos Mencia just cracks me up
and sometimes I need the reminder. :lol:
/facepalm
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Antithesis
Antithesis
Goon
Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Antithesis »

farside22 wrote:@Antithesis: Not everyone is wagon hopping around. Some people voted based on crap unvoting (TLP) and saying there was a deadline when there wasn't. Some votes are based on those not participating and voting to vote without reason and making OMGUS comments instead of answering questions directed at them (Killa seven). It's not all nonsense if you are reading. You still haven't answered my question about your "quote" on your sig. Do you have proff that was said word for word by me because I take offense at slander.
Post # 63, from Short and Sweet Two.
Written by Farside22
Holy crap! I'm sorry that was really unexpected story twist I did not see coming.
Well I am sorry a few people don't like what I have had to say. I am just trying to keep up and put my own view points in here. Sorry it isn't up to people standards. I truely thought the discussion about what scum would and would not do was terrible. If people want to give the scum idea's on what they can get away with then the will be glad to point the finger along with those people. That was my issue. It's almost like hanging a sign on yourself saying hey scum I'm a sap come agree with me.
Sorry, I'm just passionate.
Well I didn't think others were right about Antithesis.
He did a dumb newbie thing and role claimed and somehow in the middle of the day got killed because of it.
I almost want to look at every person that voted against him for the killer, but I don't think the person who did that would be that stupid.
Based on Ether point of view and the only one that I feel had the best comments thus far I will be changing my vote.

Now kindly stop asking me to change my sig.
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it."

Thomas Paine
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by farside22 »

That is not a quote that is a paraphrase if anything.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum? I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis. I dislike Lloyd's lack of seriousness. However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.

BTW, I'd support a retractable deadline.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Nemesis »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Nemesis, deadlines can be retracted..deadlines force choices and BWs, much can be learned from this,
Yes, some can... Although a mod won't always jump through hoops for you and set/retract deadlines when it is good for you.

As for the forcing of choices and bandwagons... Anyone can join a wagon giving the excuse that a lynch is better than no lynch. Somehow people stop being able to be held accountable.

right now, all we have are scraps of scumminess that people jump on until someone else does something slightly scummy. We are going to keep going around in circles until something really sticks out. I think a deadline will do just that. Force people to start scum hunting and stop lurking (or at least answer for their lurking)...force scum to act, hopefully they will trip up in the process.
Scum hunting with a deadline usually ends up at voting for whoever has the most votes. Lurkers may still lurk, especially now there isn't time to pressure them into talking.

If conversation is heated, I would expect that Mod to delay the deadline, espeically in a game this size..deadlines are not bad.
Deadlines themselves give scum way more power to lynch who they want if it is a half majority deadline, a full majority deadline gives a higher chance of a no lynch. Neither of these are particularly good for the town.

The discussion that deadlines create is usually hasty and panic induced, there is no guarantee that anything good will come of it and there's plenty of potential for bad things to happen because of them. Deadlines are bad...
Nemesis, what had the conversation dwiddled to before I asked for a deadline? Answer me that, then tell me why asking for a deadline was anti-town again? Look how much conversation has spun off that alone.
The conversation hasn't moved on because of the deadline yet. All we have is me accusing you and if you are town and you were doing something intended to help the town, then you have no positives to take from this yet. I can't see anything else the deadline has done that might make up for all the bad things it could do. We're pretty much still going round in circles, we still pretty much have the same lynch candidates.

If I was trying to hide the fact I wanted the deadline, why did I say it in game, versus just PMing the mod for one?
I don't think I said you were trying to hide it... But this is a null-point anyway, because you could see this as a powerful pro-town move and openly did it to look more pro-town. Else you might have not realized some of the people not wanting a deadline would rather lynch you for your suggestion than lynch someone who has been in the spotlight all game. There are plenty of reasons why you might have posted it in thread... But as I say, it's a null-point full of WIFOM and intention guessing.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

so was my asking for a deadline anti-town or a powerful protown move?

Nem, you thoughts on others who support a retractable deadline? What about the first person you originally brought it up?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Battle Mage wrote:I have to claim my role as it is. I acknowledge that its a very scummy claim, but it benefits the town more to come forward early. I cant help what the Mod gave me. My play on the other hand, is genuine.
What do you mean by "on the other hand"?

What are you comparing your play to? Your role, your claim, or both?

Was your role disingenuous or dishonest?

Was your claim disingenuous or dishonest?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Lloyd wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:I have to claim my role as it is. I acknowledge that its a very scummy claim, but it benefits the town more to come forward early. I cant help what the Mod gave me. My play on the other hand, is genuine.
What do you mean by "on the other hand"?

What are you comparing your play to? Your role, your claim, or both? My role and my claim are the same, DUH. :roll:

Was your role disingenuous or dishonest?

Was your claim disingenuous or dishonest?
I dont know what disingenuous means?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Semantically, if your play and claim are both genuine, then your "on the other hand" comparison makes no sense.

I'll try to illustrate...
---
play = genuine
claim = not genuine

They're on different hands.

Usage: On one hand, my play has been genuine. On the other hand, my claim has not been genuine.
---
play = genuine
claim = genuine

They're on the same hand, figuratively speaking

Usage: Both my play and claim have been genuine. On the other hand, scummy players' play have been disingenuous / not genuine.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Lloyd »

In short, I'm confused by the point you were trying to make when you wrote "on the other hand" earlier.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Vote Count Updated, and KaleiÐoscøpe replaces GSGold, please welcome him warmly!
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:09 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Antithesis: change your sig.

Lloyd: I believe he was saying, "my miller claim was scummy, on the other hand, my play has been protown." Or at least that's what he meant.

This has been your semantics-and-slander post of the day. But we should still lynch TLP.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:06 am

Post by RossWilliam »

wow, TSN, demanding much. Anti's sig can stay as it is until an admin of the site has issue with it. Farside's not executing her complaint in the correct matter.

Lloyd, i think you're being nitpicky. BM's intention is clear, even though his word choice is not.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Lloyd wrote:Semantically, if your play and claim are both genuine, then your "on the other hand" comparison makes no sense.

I'll try to illustrate...
---
play = genuine
claim = not genuine

They're on different hands.

Usage: On one hand, my play has been genuine. On the other hand, my claim has not been genuine.
*Sigh*

Give this some thought for a minute please. When evaluating a players affiliation, not everyone gives the same weight to claim and play. They are two different aspects if you will.

I dropped English earlier this year for a reason. I dont have the time or inclination to discuss the intricacies of grammar, unless they fit 1 of 2 criteria:

1. They are game relevant, and actually have a purpose.
2. They are humourous, and make me feel happy.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

RossWilliam wrote:wow, TSN, demanding much. Anti's sig can stay as it is until an admin of the site has issue with it. Farside's not executing her complaint in the correct matter.

Lloyd, i think you're being nitpicky. BM's intention is clear, even though his word choice is not.
actually, i agree with Farside and SweatyPants. If the 'quote' in question did not actually occur, it is misrepresentation to present it with quotation marks in that way. It doesnt take alot to adjust it, and im sure Anti will once he gets a chance.
This isnt actually relevant to the game, so can we please move on?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:46 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:can we please move on?

BM
Seconded.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:56 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:can we please move on?

BM
Seconded.
I've moved on.
Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum? I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis. I dislike Lloyd's lack of seriousness. However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.
Are we forgeting Killa seven who never answered anyone's questions and fell off the face of the internet?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

who was it who said that Antithesis was SHY? 0.o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:12 am

Post by armlx »

Matt_S wrote:Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum? I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis. I dislike Lloyd's lack of seriousness. However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.

There you go BM.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Can we get back to relevant discussion please? Like who's scum? I believe the most recent subjects were Lloyd and Antithesis. I dislike Lloyd's lack of seriousness. However, I believe that Antithesis is a shy townie. Or something.

There you go BM.
cheers.
FoS: Matt S

Also, Lloyd-are you claiming scum?
coz if not, please do us a fecking favour and vote for someone who you think might be scum. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

farside22 wrote:
Are we forgeting Killa seven who never answered anyone's questions and fell off the face of the internet?
Mod:
prod killa seven please.

@Battle Mage: lolwut?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Agree with the prod request. Matt, what about my FoS dont you understand?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe