Mini 1955: Perpetual MYLO III - Game Over!

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I feel really lethargic right now.

Can we get together and do a soft reset?

We need to establish:
We have to lynch somebody

-> Who should that be?

-> Can we agree to lynch that person?

Keep going until we find somebody.

I'm in on Wicked.
-I feel like he has tried too hard to be useful while actively holding back the game state
--For instance, he has pointed out how self sacrifice will guarantee flips. I'm sure everybody (1) questioned how perpetual mylo worked (2) looked at the setup (3) realized the game would last a single day (4) looked at the mechanics that made the game perpetual.

-Wicked made an early gambit, and that was in fact good on him, however he used the above problem to strike down Acidphoenix's 5-man plan, citing how flips will be huge for the town.
--This point is something I mentioned as being good,
if not
for the fact that his gambit was very similar. I feel like this is my main point in support of a Wicked lynch.

-Maki is a peripheral scumread of mine, and Wicked has scumread her, pushed Diamond, and when he reached a lull, did not interact with Maki when she attempted to clear the air with him. Wicked re-appears to place a vote on Kunk many posts later, when he could have done so sooner.
--I feel like this is some kind of a misstep as Wicked's read on Maki has never evolved and he has placed no effort in sorting her. If he thinks Maki is town, he should work with her, and do anything to progress the game on that front. If he thinks Maki is scum, all he has to do is repeat it at some point? (e.g.
great, you're still scum though
) I've been trying to get people to express their reads on Maki, and he is unable to do that.

If you shoot me down, you have to suggest somebody. Let's play it that way until we get past the gutreads that are doing nothing for anyone not named Michael or Mulch.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 549, Mulch wrote:
In post 548, Not_Mafia wrote:Yes the whole scum team is currently quaking in their boots at the terrifying might of the Mulch-MichaelOmega 1-2 punch
This is true rofl that's the funny part
Seek help
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 550, Lycanfire wrote:--This point is something I mentioned as being good, if not for the fact that his gambit was very similar. I feel like this is my main point in support of a Wicked lynch.
talk about this? how was his gambit to get discussion going similar to acid's plan?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 552, Chara wrote:
In post 550, Lycanfire wrote:--This point is something I mentioned as being good, if not for the fact that his gambit was very similar. I feel like this is my main point in support of a Wicked lynch.
talk about this? how was his gambit to get discussion going similar to acid's plan?
See, this is why I disliked your game synopsis Chara. You ignored the group dynamics of Wicked's gambit, and simply made everything about the act itself vs his detractors.

I feel like Wicked's gambit was a lighter version of what acid suggested: pick a group of five and run with it. Wicked lacked the smoking gun acid had, and instead tried looking like a badass for supposedly solving the game. For someone that seemingly pushed acid in the direction he ran in, Wicked was very quick to yank him back.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm starting to tune out every time you bring up group dynamics. i really am. what about Wicked's gambit had to do with group dynamics?
Wicked said he knew the whole scumteam as his challenge. it was fake and an obvious gambit. it was a
general
gambit. it could be done in any game, not just Perpetual Mylo. acid suggested picking a group of five scum and had a plan to do so that was based on thread information, even if it was minor. and it was something specifically based around this being Perpetual Mylo.
the similarities are so loose i don't see how you're drawing them at all.
'seemingly' doesn't cover it, either. where was Wicked pushing acid in any direction?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Somebody can shoot me down and suggest Chara at any time
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Chara »

fine. i'm ignoring you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Post by Chara »

no, that's a lie, i'm pretty sure i'm incapable of ignoring you.
i'm pretty sure you're town. if you're scum i don't care, that's fine. i'm bothered because i think you're town. your responses to me make me feel that you're either on another plane of existence, or that you're right and i'm the idiot here who can't understand what you're saying. because i don't understand
any
of it.
In post 550, Lycanfire wrote:-I feel like he has tried too hard to be useful while actively holding back the game state
debatable but i understand it.
--For instance, he has pointed out how self sacrifice will guarantee flips. I'm sure everybody (1) questioned how perpetual mylo worked (2) looked at the setup (3) realized the game would last a single day (4) looked at the mechanics that made the game perpetual.
i openly did not think this far ahead until Wicked said so explicitly. guess i'm not very smart. forgive me for assuming there are some people who also didn't think like this initially.
-Wicked made an early gambit, and that was in fact good on him, however he used the above problem to strike down Acidphoenix's 5-man plan, citing how flips will be huge for the town.
--This point is something I mentioned as being good, if not for the fact that his gambit was very similar. I feel like this is my main point in support of a Wicked lynch.
i disagree with his gambit being similar. i explained why. your explanation doesn't make sense unless you assume everything is thinking exactly like you are.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 557, Chara wrote:your responses to me make me feel that you're either on another plane of existence
Subject: Newbie 1791: Dragon Warrior (Game Over - Scum win!)
Lycanfire wrote:
In post 14, Not Fury wrote:Oh boy oh jeez ok fine I'll role claim. I am bus driver.
:P Cheeky but perhaps better aimed at your scum partner.
In post 16, Balki B wrote:@everyone, I'd be interested to hear a bit of self-evaluation for each of you. Just an idea of your overall experience level, and what sort of player you perceive yourself to be.

As for me, I'm quite active, as you'll see, and I generally ask a lot of questions. I kind of crave engagement. I have gotten enough lynch votes wrong to reduce my level of certainty about most reads. But I think my strength is in seeing poor arguments for what they are, and explaining why they are poor. I'm not always good at deciphering whether a poor argument is coming from a sincere place or not. I'm also a sucker for mea culpas. If you tell me I'm right, I'll very likely town read you! But, now I told you my weakness, so someone else will spot your manipulation.
I've been pegged as a question-asker but it's never something I consciously do. I very much like to feel engaged with the game-the worst feeling in this game is having your reads ignored or having people say they won't read your posts. I'm a player that over thinks things too hard. People tend to call my arguments reachy, and they're not exactly wrong, however I always dig in and insist that I'm taking a reasonable position. For better or for worse I feel like I appear from a bizarro world and offer an account of the game that nobody else comprehends.

Lynching the wrong person feels bad-but lynching the wrong person and letting scum get away feels worse. I suggest that you have no remorse when you get confident, and if you aren't confident, work on building your reads so you can be. My first three games on this site led to me getting endgamed as town when I either had the game nearly figured out (1), or had it entirely figured out, but got led astray by a townie (2). What's worse than lynching a townie is letting the town get endgamed because you don't want to follow through.
[PROCEEDS TO VOTE THE SECOND MAFIASO]
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Chara »

that wasn't an attempt to put down your mafia skill. i have no idea how you read it that way.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by Chara »

sorry. i read it again. ignore , i'm obviously not thinking clearly right now. i'll come back to the thread at another time.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Look, Chara, this is a game with five scum. That's a large pool you can mine for resources. There is no fancy magic to it. This is what I have been talking about when I referenced
group dynamics
. With acid's post about wolf reactions this pool has shrunk quite drastically. It hasn't disappeared, but a slip became less likely. What we have left is a typical pool of scum- the slight advantage we may have gained by exploiting the size relative to the town has been lost, but there's still five people we can solve, which is more than we would get in any other mini.

I felt quite good about Wicked and Acidphoenix until Wicked interfered with Acid. That's why that is my main point. I saw a part of my own work in their posts. This is further complicated by acid's interaction with Wicked. I see Wicked as scum, while acid might be scum over someone like Mulch for example. I think I have a good pool of four, and yes you're in it. I don't want to make this about groups of five, and my reads should be pretty obvious right now with the exception of NM as scum, mainly due to complicating matters re: maki.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I would like to add that if you aren't open to vote Wicked, you should play by the rules. Being difficult doesn't make me feel like you want to be on my side. If you aren't going to play by the rules either, you're not town.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Oh, wow. I never actually voted Balki in Newbie 1781. I blame Mastina for being mia all the time.

Suddenly I do understand a little more why everyone in that game was ignoring my constant casing of Balki.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Chara »

would playing by the rules be offering someone else? assuming you're referencing the end of .
VOTE: acid
i'm not trying to be difficult. i'm trying to avoid getting annoyed when there's no reason for me to be annoyed.
i think i've succeeded. hopefully.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Why are you voting acid?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Chara »

your acid scumread + .
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Chara »

the theory of Mulch scum self-destructing to mislynch acid doesn't apply now that two of them are doing it.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I don't view Mulch as self destructive. Just destructive in general.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

If Mulch was doing as you propose, wouldn't he need supporters?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Chara »

those supporters would reveal themselves as supporters (scum) and be lynchable, therefore ruining the point of Mulch self-destructing and being sacrificed after the lynch.

do you think i'm wrong? i'm very used to being wrong.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Mulch »

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=9705708#p9705708]
WALL OF TEXT I DIDNT READ
[/quote]

LYNCH ACID
Amrock#3784
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 570, Chara wrote:those supporters would reveal themselves as supporters (scum) and be lynchable, therefore ruining the point of Mulch self-destructing and being sacrificed after the lynch.

do you think i'm wrong? i'm very used to being wrong.
You're running away with the conclusion here to support the premise.

If you believe the premise (Mulch is self destructive scum, and wants to go 1:1), then surely the best way to go about that is to get towns on your side. He could be doing this with Michael, yourself, or failing entirely.

Instead you jump to a conclusion that makes little sense if you do believe the premise. How could Mulch get from A to B if he is open wolfing?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Mulch »

The only other lynch I am entertaining is Not_Mafia. BUut I'm like 100% sure with acid, 90% sure with Not_Mafia
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Mulch »

ROFL I JUST HAVE A GOD READ ON ACID SHEEP ME DUMBOS LOL
Amrock#3784

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”