northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 171, Almost50 wrote:Btw, the VIG would probably be paying attention to all of this so they can make an enlightened decision regarding their target tonight, and especially so if the Vig IS in if those I suspect, because scum are going to shoot within that pool too most assuredly, so there's a big chance the Vig won't make it through the night.
why would scum shoot in the pool of people you suspect?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 172, Keychain wrote:You try and refute the fact that you scumread (or cannibalread :roll: ) the players that questioned your thought process, then follow it up by doing exactly that.
You know what's wrong with this? It's the fact that id if it is
true
then I'm definitely
not a cannibal
. And you know what that means? It means I'm
definitely not scum
. You know why? Because
all scum are cannibals
, so I cannot be a non-cannibal and still be scum at the same time.

But I feel like I've done a good job exposing all scumsters in one go through my behaviour, so I don't mind eating rope tofay in order to get the VIG IN PARTICULAR to follow my reads.

Irrelevant:

@Comm: Did you have to be the mod in this game? We seem to need a
good vig
in the block, my friend.
:lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

where in did keychain imply or make a statement that, if true, would imply that you are not a cannibal?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 175, northsidegal wrote:
In post 171, Almost50 wrote:Btw, the VIG would probably be paying attention to all of this so they can make an enlightened decision regarding their target tonight, and especially so if the Vig IS in if those I suspect, because scum are going to shoot within that pool too most assuredly, so there's a big chance the Vig won't make it through the night.
Because the CANNIBALS are in there, and these are the KILLING ROLES in the game, so each an every cannibal would want to get rid of the other killers. The Dietician/Gunsmith is also a good target but ONLY THE SCUM TRIO would want them dead. The RB is of less importance to then at this stage, and especially so for the SK (who has a one shot RB immunity anyway).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 177, northsidegal wrote:where in did keychain imply or make a statement that, if true, would imply that you are not a cannibal?
I'm not gonna respond to that. If you can type then you certainly can read, so go read it for yourself.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 178, Almost50 wrote:
In post 175, northsidegal wrote:
Because the CANNIBALS are in there, and these are the KILLING ROLES in the game, so each an every cannibal would want to get rid of the other killers. The Dietician/Gunsmith is also a good target but ONLY THE SCUM TRIO would want them dead. The RB is of less importance to then at this stage, and especially so for the SK (who has a one shot RB immunity anyway).
how are you so good as to have already pegged all of the cannibals in your scumreads, and why would scum trust you on that? like, you keep talking to me as if i'm some kind of idiot that doesn't get the basic mechanics of the game and ignoring the real questions that i'm asking - why do scum listen to you as the source of who the cannibals are?
In post 179, Almost50 wrote:
In post 177, northsidegal wrote:where in did keychain imply or make a statement that, if true, would imply that you are not a cannibal?
I'm not gonna respond to that. If you can type then you certainly can read, so go read it for yourself.
hmm, just read it another two times and i'm still not seeing anything.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, it seems we've all had a few difficulties communicating, so if it wasn't clear,
In post 180, northsidegal wrote:
how are you so good as to have already pegged all of the cannibals in your scumreads
, and why would scum trust you on that? like, you keep talking to me as if i'm some kind of idiot that doesn't get the basic mechanics of the game and ignoring the real questions that i'm asking - why do scum listen to you as the source of who the cannibals are?
that was sarcasm.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@northsidegal: Little lady (judging by the avatar no more), I'm good because I'm good and I don't need to convince you of it. I always have difficulties convincing newbies like yourself when they play with me the first time. Those who know me in this game are Transcend, Not_Mafia & PMysterious. I don't think I've played with anyone else before (unless someone is a secret alt), but that's irrelevant .. kind of.

What is relevant is this: You won't be lynching me today. Period. Try looking somewhere else as to not waste your time and effort. You may as well shoot me at night or wait for D2 to get your desired lynch through, but today I'm well out of your reach unless I myself allow it.

P.S. The above is the most arrogant declaration I have ever made in a Mafia game so far I think. Try to prove me wrong for future reference.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, before "the most perceptive" of you realize I', actually inviting a NL on me; I'f like to point out the SK is the only one with any sort of NK immunity, and I'm NOT it. If shot tonight I
will
die, so come to me a;; of you scums.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Now let's all get serious and raise the stakes:
Let's lynch Transcend
. If he flip town, the Vig can shoot ME tonight.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

well the stats that you have in your signature certainly tell an impressive tale but i have to say that i'm not really all that impressed. i don't need a lot of convincing to know that you're not as good as you think you are right now, because i already know for a fact that i'm not the serial killer. anyways, i think i've said enough for now, probably best to leave the floor open for someone else.

pedit - uhh, why do you want to get nightkilled? is this some kind of extremely transparent serial killer wifom?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 184, Almost50 wrote:Now let's all get serious and raise the stakes:
Let's lynch Transcend
yeah, but why would you say this? do you want to get shot if transcend flips town? the obvious response is "that's just how confident i am", but assume for a moment that you're wrong (might be difficult, i know). why even put forth the suggestion that you get shot?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 186, northsidegal wrote:
In post 184, Almost50 wrote:Now let's all get serious and raise the stakes:
Let's lynch Transcend
yeah, but why would you say this? do you want to get shot if transcend flips town? the obvious response is "that's just how confident i am", but assume for a moment that you're wrong (might be difficult, i know). why even put forth the suggestion that you get shot?
Because I'm fed up with you and your play style, and I want out of this game ASAP but without explicitly playing against my win con. Now I have only replaced out once before and it was by necessity (as my continued existence would have hurt the game). I would even add that the Town lost that one directly because of the feud that went in, but that's another story.

I think we agree that me getting lynched
willingly
is explicitly playing against my win con, regardless of my alignment. However, someone IS going to die and from a mere statistical point of view the Vig shot is more likely to land on a Townie (assuming a mislynch that would be 8:3 discounting the Vig themselves). If Transcend IS scum though then the Vig can shoot whomever they like, but I get a higher chance of being eaten by a scumster, which still works for me as they would have eaten someone anyway too.

So, either I'm good and draw a scum NK, or I'm bad and it's best to remove me. and in either case I'm saved from much further "delightful duels" with your majesty.

That's as blunt as I could ever phrase it.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Transcend »

Wut
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Transcend »

Rescind my tr on north
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Transcend »

185 is a scum claim
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

is it because i said i know i'm not the serial killer specifically instead of saying that i know i'm not scum?

yeah i thought about that, but he was only accusing me of being the sk so i just thought i'd be specific. if not, mind explaining?
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by PMysterious »

In post 161, Almost50 wrote:
In post 154, PMysterious wrote:Okay, back. Still not comfortable about Trans being Town, but he's showing a bit more development
as of late
that feels fake
Fixed that for ya :wink:
Surprisingly, that's pretty accurate.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 187, Almost50 wrote:So, either I'm good and draw a scum NK, or I'm bad and it's best to remove me. and in either case I'm saved from much further "delightful duels" with your majesty.
i'm not the one who's been being arrogant this game. the only place it could even be
argued
that i was was the "squares/rectangles" analogy, and that was deliberately simple for the sake of example. i'm really not trying to be your enemy or to harass you this game, and i don't understand why you're getting so frustrated. maybe it really is that we're all simpletons that just can't comprehend your genius, but you forget that this is still a game of mafia - you can't win the game all on your own. you need to convince other people of your opinions.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 193, northsidegal wrote:
In post 187, Almost50 wrote:So, either I'm good and draw a scum NK, or I'm bad and it's best to remove me. and in either case I'm saved from much further "delightful duels" with your majesty.
i'm not the one who's been being arrogant this game. the only place it could even be
argued
that i was was the "squares/rectangles" analogy, and that was deliberately simple for the sake of example. i'm really not trying to be your enemy or to harass you this game, and i don't understand why you're getting so frustrated. maybe it really is that we're all simpletons that just can't comprehend your genius, but you forget that this is still a game of mafia - you can't win the game all on your own. you need to convince other people of your opinions.
No one else is arguing (and for the sake of arguing I might add). If my words weren't clear enough I would have expected more players to exclaim or ask for clarification, which isn't the case.

You -on the other hand- keep asking the same questions in different forms and request clarifications on what I think is clear enough already, and my "assumption" that my words are clear enough is supported by the fact nobody else is asking for an explanation.

My dear, you have picked the one who has a big mouth and is talking much (maybe way too much) to engage rather than try to stimulate the conversation with 11 other separate entities in the game. In other words, you tool the easiest route to get a mislynch through rather than try to get a full read list (regardless of it's accuracy). "Let's lynch this guy and get the game to a stagnation" is a basic scum tactic I'd say.

If you're not out to harass me then you must be in love with me already, because I don't see you giving attention to anyone else, and I don't believe I have that kind of spell, and certainly not from behind the screen.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 194, Almost50 wrote:No one else is arguing (and for the sake of arguing I might add). If my words weren't clear enough I would have expected more players to exclaim or ask for clarification, which isn't the case.

You -on the other hand- keep asking the same questions in different forms and request clarifications on what I think is clear enough already, and my "assumption" that my words are clear enough is supported by the fact nobody else is asking for an explanation.

My dear, you have picked the one who has a big mouth and is talking much (maybe way too much) to engage rather than try to stimulate the conversation with 11 other separate entities in the game. In other words, you tool the easiest route to get a mislynch through rather than try to get a full read list (regardless of it's accuracy). "Let's lynch this guy and get the game to a stagnation" is a basic scum tactic I'd say.

If you're not out to harass me then you must be in love with me already, because I don't see you giving attention to anyone else, and I don't believe I have that kind of spell, and certainly not from behind the screen.
this can mostly be attributed to the playerlist - if you look at the activity overview, you can see that we have some chronic lurkers, some people who post about 2 or 3 lines a post and then you, me and keychain. i can follow along with what keychain's saying so it's just you left. besides, i haven't even been asking you for clarification mostly - to me, it's all just been the standard game content of asking people to explain their reads or their strategy. like i said, you seem to take it that every question i ask is some idiotic lack of understanding of the setup, when the reality is that i'm asking for the
in-game reasons
behind your thought-process, your motivations, etc. anyways, like i tried to do earlier, should probably let some other people take the stage.

and no, i'm not exactly enchanted by your ostrich.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So you low activity players and you don't want to consume the effort in trying to get then to be more active. Tell me how are you going to get reads on said "chronic lurkers" as you put it. Like, let's consider all possibilities:

a- I get lynched and I flip Town. What next?
b- I get lynched and I flip Mafia. Who's my partner?
c- I get lynched and I flip the SK. Who are the Mafia?
d1- You fail to lynch me. Who's your alternative?
d2- Same as a, b & c replacing the "I" with "they" (and the "my" with "their").

I mean, that's exactly what I'm saying, You are engaging the one who doesn't need to be stimulated to post more, and ignoring those who do.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

you act as if i'm about to dayvig you and end the day. i've just been interacting with the person who's been interacting with me and who has also been online this entire day. really, the day's not about to end and i still have plenty of time to interact with and get reads on other players. so why are you making such a big fuss over me talking to you?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

like, saying that "i'm already the most active so you don't need to be talking to me" is a really bad excuse for trying to avoid talking to someone or for trying to dodge questions. i'm note exactly accusing you of doing that, but it's poor reasoning nonetheless.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 197, northsidegal wrote:so why are you making such a big fuss over me talking to you?
Cuz my wife's a very jealous lady, and if she finds out about this she could very well do something crazy. :lol:

Return to “Completed Open Games”